• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

RedQuest v4.3 (NERFED TO HELL) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RedQuest v4.15

Not the whole zone, sorry. Just the PC's you are playing with in close proximity to you. I have seen this work before. You get close enough to a player and it is automatically shrunk to you. Makes it easier when raiding without bitching to everyone to shrink.

Notes v4.15a
--Removed MQ2Hudmove and MQ2Timercolor as per the author's request. These plugins will no longer be included in compiles on Redguides.

This may be a dumb question, and may already have been answered elsewhere, but is there a chance to get an updated MQ2CSum? I can't even begin to say how many times this has saved some raids, or at least sped things up. Just curious because I haven't seen it in about 3 patches.

jmo1985 said:
This may be a dumb question, and may already have been answered elsewhere, but is there a chance to get an updated MQ2CSum? I can't even begin to say how many times this has saved some raids, or at least sped things up. Just curious because I haven't seen it in about 3 patches.

/plugin mq2pax

/sumcorpse

Csum was incorporated into the mq2pax plugin (which ganks and also takes out the garbage too!!)

redrum69 said:
Not the whole zone, sorry. Just the PC's you are playing with in close proximity to you. I have seen this work before. You get close enough to a player and it is automatically shrunk to you. Makes it easier when raiding without bitching to everyone to shrink.

I remember this...its been awhile tho. I know it was only clientside. I had a copy of it but its outdated. I dont use it anymore because in my guild if you are not shrunk they boot you from raid. Ill see if i can find it again and fix it

EDIT: /plugin MQ2Size

Rich (BB code):
|Shrink all
Sub main
:start

/target next pc
/size 1
:goto start
credit to mandrak

Downloaded and works great!

One question though, i see the "docracks" and when i turn it on, i can see a list ... but what do they all do? is there anywhere a list of the cracks that come on here and what they do? (NEWB ALERT) i know lol :P

Monkmasters said:
Downloaded and works great!

One question though, i see the "docracks" and when i turn it on, i can see a list ... but what do they all do? is there anywhere a list of the cracks that come on here and what they do? (NEWB ALERT) i know lol :P

OK before you get totally beat ... There is a section called offsets and in this section they talk more about docracks this section is for compile questions so this would be the section to ask a Mq2docrack question(s).... to further answer your question though go to the guides section and read through the guides.... this is how I learned the docracks ... also to turn them on you first load the plugin /plugin Mq2docrack then you initialize the particular docrack by typing /docrack eb on or whatever docrack you want loaded..... another example would be /docrack noweather on ... poof the rain stops and there is no weather.... so be careful how you use them and whom you do it in front of.... having just lost an account....

I am not sure I even think Red talks about loading docracks in his opening post so RTF......

thanks for the help and see below he does list it , just doesn't say much about it. i'll check out that other stuff thanks.

If there is a * before the plugin name in the list, I consider it to be an active hack.

The following plugins are included, but not enabled by default.
-MQ2AdvPath
-*MQ2Allzone
-MQ2Autoforage
-MQ2Bandolier
-MQ2BardSwap
-MQ2BuffTool (XML included)
-MQ2Cast / MQ2Casttimer(XML included)
-MQ2Charnotes
-MQ2Combat
-MQ2Cursor
-MQ2CustomSound
-MQ2DPS (XML included)
-MQ2Debuff
-*MQ2DoCrack (XML included)
-MQ2Doors
-MQ2EQBC
-MQ2EQBCS (server, separate .exe file)
-*MQ2Exactspeed
-MQ2Exchange
-MQ2ExchangeItem
-*MQ2Faerune
-MQ2FeedMe
-MQ2FPS
-MQ2Fakechat
-MQ2Fakelink
-*MQ2Instamem
-MQ2LinkDB (Download Database HERE)
-MQ2Melee
-MQ2Missing
-MQ2MoveUtils
-MQ2NetBots
-MQ2NetHeal
-MQ2OTD
-MQ2PacketAPI
-*MQ2Pax (MQ2Csum, MQ2CGank, MQ2Copen, MQ2Hail in one)
-*MQ2Piggyzone
-*MQ2PreventSpeed
-MQ2Rez
-*MQ2RWarp
-MQ2Randomstuff
-*MQ2Size
-MQ2Slave
-MQ2SpellHotkeys
-MQ2SpellSearch
-*MQ2Switch
-MQ2Targets
-MQ2TimeStamp
-MQ2Tracking
-MQ2Twist
-MQ2WorkingAssist
-MQ2XPTracker

/docrack list
- Lists all available cracks and their current status.

/docrack <crack name> [on|off] [silent]
- Apply or remove <crack name>. [silent] does it without printing out
anything (used during startup).

/showmem <address> <bytes to show>
- Shows X amount of bytes of memory at specified address

/dooffset <address> <memory>
- Writes supplied memory to specified address

/docrackwnd
- Opens or closes the DoCrack window - must have XML file in your UI folder

To see what a crack does, open up your MQ2DoCrack.ini file. Each crack has a description of what it does. Also, if you /docrack envirofall on, or turn whatever on with a command, the description pops up.

The XML seems to be broken atm, though, so command line loading is the only thing you *can* do. I use the XML window mainly to see what cracks are available.

Monkmasters said:
thanks for the help and see below he does list it , just doesn't say much about it. i'll check out that other stuff thanks.

If there is a * before the plugin name in the list, I consider it to be an active hack.

Rich (BB code):
The following plugins are included, but not enabled by default.
-MQ2AdvPath
-*MQ2Allzone
-MQ2Autoforage
-MQ2Bandolier
-MQ2BardSwap
-MQ2BuffTool (XML included)
-MQ2Cast / MQ2Casttimer(XML included)
-MQ2Charnotes
-MQ2Combat
-MQ2Cursor
-MQ2CustomSound
-MQ2DPS (XML included)
-MQ2Debuff
-*MQ2DoCrack (XML included)
-MQ2Doors
-MQ2EQBC
-MQ2EQBCS (server, separate .exe file)
-*MQ2Exactspeed
-MQ2Exchange
-MQ2ExchangeItem
-*MQ2Faerune
-MQ2FeedMe
-MQ2FPS
-MQ2Fakechat
-MQ2Fakelink
-*MQ2Instamem
-MQ2LinkDB (Download Database HERE)
-MQ2Melee
-MQ2Missing
-MQ2MoveUtils
-MQ2NetBots
-MQ2NetHeal
-MQ2OTD
-MQ2PacketAPI
-*MQ2Pax (MQ2Csum, MQ2CGank, MQ2Copen, MQ2Hail in one)
-*MQ2Piggyzone
-*MQ2PreventSpeed
-MQ2Rez
-*MQ2RWarp
-MQ2Randomstuff
-*MQ2Size
-MQ2Slave
-MQ2SpellHotkeys
-MQ2SpellSearch
-*MQ2Switch
-MQ2Targets
-MQ2TimeStamp
-MQ2Tracking 
-MQ2Twist
-MQ2WorkingAssist
-MQ2XPTracker

There was at one time an explanation that the * meant Active hack yes... usually more likely to get you attention so use more caution.

If you look under search for active hacks you will find explanations or go back to some of the old compiles the explanations were there.

Just another quick hint the "[/code]" brackets are your friend use them when making a big list like this . it makes it into a scolling window thus taking up a lot less spece in the thread. It is also great wehn posting new code.

This IS the explanation in the post, lol. He just copied that with the list.

Here's updated Project file for MQ2Targets (v1.42) including SPEECH support (don't know if other people must have the MS Speech SDK installed to take advantage of the Text To Speech features, I doubt it though). as well as the compiled MQ2Targets.dll.

Please note that for the new DirectSurface features to work, you'll need the DSurface.exe injector from Odessa's site. The DirectSurface adds nifty little arrows pointing toward your Watched spawns on the screen, also shows their names in front of you in relation to your current direction.

Also the latest (v1.15 vs. the v1.11 in the RedQuestSource) MQ2Exchange.dll attached to this post, which I found I needed to have MQ2Cast properly swap items for clickies. Attached a freshly compiled MQ2Cast.dll just because I don't know if there's any dependency when compiled against certain versions?

These are compiled with Visual C++ 2005 using RedQuest Source v4.1 (with ofcourse the attached files being updated).

Last edited:

Now I got the DoCrack window to color properly, with some dirty work on CDoCrackWnd.cpp.

The reason it colored all entries red (error) was that CRACKSTATUS_ON/OFF/ERROR would always be returned with the default value (red) from ConColorToARGB.
Here's the dirty hack I made in CDoCrackWnd.cpp
Rich (BB code):
	void LoadList()
	{
		char szBuffer[MAX_STRING] = {0}, szSection[MAX_STRING] = {0}, szCrackName[MAX_STRING] = {0};
		int i, prev = 0, curListIndex = 0;
		DWORD crack_color;

CrackList->DeleteAll();

DebugSpewAlways("CDoCrackWnd::LoadList(): Get sections list");
		GetPrivateProfileString(NULL, NULL, NULL, szBuffer, MAX_STRING, INIFileName);

for (i = 0; ((szBuffer != 0) || (szBuffer[i+1] != 0)); i++)
		{
			//DebugSpewAlways("LoadList(): cycledsectionbuffer byte %d", i);

szSection[i-prev] = szBuffer;
			if (szBuffer == 0)
			{
				//DebugSpewAlways("LoadList(): found section %s", szSection);
				strcpy(szCrackName, szSection);
				char szTmp[MAX_STRING] = {0};
				sprintf(szTmp, "Settings_");
				if (!strncmp(szCrackName, szTmp, 9)) return;

//crack_color = GetCrackStatusColor(szCrackName);
				//crack_color = ConColorToARGB(CDoCrackOb.GetCrackStatus(szCrackName));
				switch (CDoCrackOb.GetCrackStatus(szCrackName))
				{
					case CRACKSTATUS_ON:
						crack_color = 0xFF00FF00;
						break;
					case CRACKSTATUS_OFF:
						crack_color = 0xFF0000FF;
						break;
					case CRACKSTATUS_ERROR:
					default:
						crack_color = 0xFFFF0000;
				}

DebugSpewAlways("LoadList(): CrackList->AddString(text='%s',crack_color=0x%X)", szCrackName, crack_color);

CrackList->AddString(szCrackName, crack_color, 0, 0);

curListIndex++;
				prev = i+1;
			}
		}
	}

-Spawnmaster does the exact same stuff as MQ2Targets, only not as good.

-Implementing that DoCrack change now.

-I've always needed MQ2ExchangeItem to get MQ2Cast to work, but I'll update to, and then test MQ2Ex 1.15 -- If that code works, I'll remove exchangeitem from the zip.

-The reason that I've foregone updating to MQ2Targets is that I didn't want to have one more exe for people to run with their MQ....BUT, I will look in to how they can be added into the zip.

since a moment docrack windows show all offset as red and cannot use windows for active them always need to use the command any suggestion for they become blue and clickable ?

RedQuest said:
Bardswap uses an INI file with commands defined. The commands are /exchange, which comes from MQ2Ex or MQ2ExIt.

TY knowledge is a dangerous thing. I know there was a new exchange out last week or so had wondered.... thanks

Edited: Thanks Red for getting exchange fixed up and loaded.... yes you are 100% right exchange or exchangeitem do work.... ran my bard last night and for first time was able to twist and load both main and offhand at the same time to do some huge damage with procs and duel weild and twists.... again thanks for setting me straight Bardswap is working 100% better then it ever has for me ......

If anyone needs thier bardswap.ini file for duel weild looked at let me know not real good at it but did get mine working.... just list your instruments and weapons to which hand you want weapons in ... Do me a favor change the name so I do not see your toons name too ....

Last edited:

leplubo said:
since a moment docrack windows show all offset as red and cannot use windows for active them always need to use the command any suggestion for they become blue and clickable ?
You can activate them just fine by using the window, you just can't see whether they're active or not except by the effect it should have (NoAccel, UltraVision etc. are examples you can see right away have an effect).

The problem is being fixed (see 3 and 5 posts above your own).

RedQuest said:
-Spawnmaster does the exact same stuff as MQ2Targets, only not as good.

-Implementing that DoCrack change now.

-I've always needed MQ2ExchangeItem to get MQ2Cast to work, but I'll update to, and then test MQ2Ex 1.15 -- If that code works, I'll remove exchangeitem from the zip.

-The reason that I've foregone updating to MQ2Targets is that I didn't want to have one more exe for people to run with their MQ....BUT, I will look in to how they can be added into the zip.
You might speak with Odessa as I know MQ2Radar uses DSurface. Infact, any chance you could add MQ2Radar to the plugin list aswell? MQ2Radar requires .Net 2.0, but that should be the responsibility of the downloader to resolve. Plus, the MQ2Radar thread has info on how to get it working properly.

Re: RedQuest v4.2

Notes v4.2
--Updated MQ2Exchange to v1.15 and fiddled with some code in MQ2ExchangeItem. MQ2ExIt should no longer be needed in addition to MQ2Ex for casting items.
--Updated MQ2DoCrack using ELS's fix.
--Added MQ2Radar
--Updated MQ2Targets to use Direct Surface
--Added the DirectSurface exe, ini, and DLL to zip. Don't load the dll with /plugin, just start the exe when you start MQ2.exe.
--Updated the source to reflect the changes.

The source is actually still uploading, but it should be done in a few minutes.

To whoever had trouble compiling MQ2Targets with Speech and DirectX (thanks for the RedCent), there's now a somewhat easy guide (have to look through a few posts) on the MQ2Targets thread in the VIP Plugins section of MQ2 boards. Good luck ;)

EvenLessSpam said:
To whoever had trouble compiling MQ2Targets with Speech and DirectX (thanks for the RedCent), there's now a somewhat easy guide (have to look through a few posts) on the MQ2Targets thread in the VIP Plugins section of MQ2 boards. Good luck ;)
I have the same trouble with MQ2Radar. Odessa says its actually a bug with VS 2005 Express

I'm going to load my older full version of VS and see if it works any better

Meantime Thanks for posting the DLL :)

Opening DSurface.exe results in...
Direct Surface - File DSurface.dll is missing.

Umm, no it's not? Its in the MQ2 folder with all the other .dlls as it should be correct? Something i am doing wrong or?

Been having problems recently with MQ2LinkDB. It won't import new items.txt files. Keeps generating 0 link when i /link /import

Anyone else seeing this problem when updating their database?

Ok,....someone have an answer to my question..Anyone? please? Where do i put the DSurface.dll file, because it just says, Direct Surface - File DSurface.dll is missing, when it isnt, Its in the MQ folder where (I think) it should be. What am i doing wrong if anything? something else i need to install? Somewhere else i need to put the DLL file instead of in the MQ folder?

Is anyone else having this issue. I am randomly Crashing to desktop when running Redquest 4.2. I don't have any macro's running , have a couple of docrack offsets on. That is it. Have done a complete file check with EQ even though I don't crash when 4.2 isn't running. Have reextracted the files also. Has happened 7 or 8 times now. Any ideas. I know this probably should go in help and questions section also but don't want to multi post or spam so flame me if you must.
Thanks for all the fine work that is done here. It is much appreciated.

Quis

Thank TheZ...I took a break from EQ for a couple months and I feel lost on some things now...lol

This *is* the right place to ask for help on RedQuest.

As to your problem, you're being fairly vague. What plugins do you have running? Are you doing anything specific?

thanks for reply Thez. The only plug ins running are docracks SeeInvis and Unlimited drunk. Tried Autoforage but said it was missing a .dll file. Haven't investigated that cuz I just started playing with the macros. Haven't used them much at all. Thanks for any and all assistance in figuring this out.

Quis :)

i had the same prob when i had the "docrack" up. But for me it crashed when i used my click affect on my monk epic. and the only crack i had up was docrack shield (not even sure what it does) ever since i've never used the "docracks" again.

RedQuest v4.3 (NERFED TO HELL)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back