• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

CodeCompilerv1.10 MQ2 Simple (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeCompiler

banned
BANNED
RedCents
201¢
This is a simple compile to test to see if I can do it agian. Just the simple things here.

Included Source and Zip of CodeCompilev1.10
MQ2AdvPath
-MQ2Autoforage
-MQ2Bandolier
-MQ2BardSwap
-MQ2BuffTool
-MQ2Cast
-MQ2Charnotes
-MQ2Combat
-MQ2Cursor
-MQ2Debuff
-MQ2Melee
-MQ2MoveUtils
-MQ2NetBots
-MQ2NetHeal
-MQ2Reward
-MQ2Rez
-MQ2Randomstuff
-MQ2Slave
-MQ2Twist
-MQ2XPTracker
Also included XML's

Removed Zip's and the God comment, remove your characters name from the end product .ini files and post a complete source and by complete source I mean zip up the entire Macroquest folder to include all of the plugin's in their folder or you are breaking GPL see my last post for details

Oh and Read: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to include (usually in another zip) the uncompiled zip for people to have available, thanks to GPL law.

Oh, and btw...don't include your own settings files with the compile. Your name was in there. Zip removed to prevent that data from spreading...feel free to put it back up once you've removed that info.

As a tip from another compiler, I generally run my compiles out of one folder, where the zip is, and all of the source, then I just copy/paste my updated plugins over to the folder where I keep all of my settings, and where I run MQ2 from. Makes sure that my settings never touch my compiler folder, ergo, never risk going in the zip.

Yeah. Basically, the exact same solution / project as you use, so that people could just download it and compile it as is.

I think...that you need more plugins in there, grasshopper. And I don't have any accounts active atm to test it with, so I don't know about the functionality.

Haha I tested all them today and they all working im at work and working on source files between incidents tonight while at work. So will let ya know. But all the Plugins i got there are working 100 percent and I do like but yeah might need your help with a couple things cause my vs2005 has some issues lol but I will run them by you and that way your not always stuck having to deal with 1000 people wanting you to have everything for them now! Lol people dont understand that compiling 20+ plugins takes a little while and is a pain in the ballz.

open your main Macroquest2.sln, add the plugins to your main MQ compile.

This way you don't have to compile a bajillion plugins seperatly )

save MacroQuest2.sln when you are done, and copy it back in after each new patch.

That way you only have to update offsets, and any other struct type changes in plugins.

Yeah, if you have all of the projects in your main project file, then do a batch build, it builds every one you have checked to build at once. It takes me about 20 seconds or less to build all of the ones in the Redguides compile from his source code, then i add in any others I like, or am playing around with and just add them into the mix for my own usage.

Heh, you may push me into releasing my own compile eventually :) See what you started? Still learning though :)

I like to use diff compiles to see what other compliers like to use, everyone is diff and full of suprises sometimes. BTW nice compile

I am already starting to Prepare for the 16th =P to see what errors and what not but atleast get maps and the common things up and work.

Ok I have been spoiled for a long time but I am 99% sure to use MQ2Bardswap you need MQ2exchange or MQ2Exchangeitem .. dont see it ... also could we get MQ2hud put in ...

A question also is Mq2moveutils the newest build or a an older version there have been problems with circles for some of us because of moveutils.

Should be up to date. I will check it when i get home. Circles were working great yesterday for me the only thing i had issues with was if i had to stop and restart circles it required me to zone.

hmm I used to always have problems with circles. My fix is in the macro do /plug mq2moveutils unload - /delay 1s - /plug mq2moveutils... Or just setup a hot key FTW hope that helps.. Never had 1 problem in 4 months with the bard now. and I do that command every single time I basicly do anything with bard and moveuitls . its just to bugy with other plugins.

CodeCompiler said:
Should be up to date. I will check it when i get home. Circles were working great yesterday for me the only thing i had issues with was if i had to stop and restart circles it required me to zone.

Yup either that or unload and reload moveutils .. thats the part they were working on in the newest fix and was not sure if it was released and complied yet or not... I actually made a hotkey to:

/plugin mq2miveutils unload
/plugin moveutils
/circle on 80

I am sure there is an easier way but this worked

With a hotkey you get a lil delay but it works good to restart circles ... during one of the compiles I either loaded an old one or got a good moveutils.ini file and it was workign great but that was before the last patch...

There is a new version on macroquest

thez said:
I've never had a problem needing an unload -- doing a "/stick off" generally has the same effect for me.

tried that and they were working it over in the vip area ofr a while not sure I do know I had to fudge with my .ini file a lil and thought I had it till last night

Last warning, CodeCompiler. You need to post all of your source codes for the plugins that you use in the compile. This is required by law, and I will remove the compile zips again if they haven't been updated within by 4:45pm EST

You also should (but aren't required to) remove the files that say that you are <edited, but you can probably still find it in the zip!>, like your ChatWnd and Twist and HUD ini files. That said, because I believe in helping people fix their idiot mistakes, whether they want to or not, I'll remove your character name from my post when you remove it from your compile.

Last edited:
I was told by Cade that i didnt have to post the sources for my plugins that were not the regular plugin's from Mq2 and next time you can pm me instead of posting my stuff online and i will fix except i am at work til 6 est.!

You can remove your name easily. Download your zip, remove the files, and re-up it.

Regardless of what Cade said, I told you in the second post that GPL law requires that you post source. That should have been all that you needed.

No such thing as GPL law, however GPL license requires that all GPL source be published or downloadable seperately. We don't tend to enforce it all that heavy for certain plugins that require protection from massive abuse but nothing in there looks all that in need of protection.

If you had written any of those plugins I could understand you being a bit defensive about it, however they are all already publicly available, but since you are redestributing them you are required to destribute source code as required by the GPL. If you do not, then you cannot destribute binary's.

Plugins are GPL code, reguardless of who writes them because they are built using a GPL libary.

#include "../MQ2Plugin.h"

Cade is the man, but Cade does not supercede GPL, no reason you can't comply with the GPL requirements.

Read the GPL FAQ, that should be a good resource for you.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

or more specifically

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#ModifiedJustBinary

I'm removing the ZIP's till you can get it straightened out.

Great thanks I dont mind compiling but posting were to find stuff on a main char is like BS first of and secondly i have some nodelay sources and gk's i didnt wanna seperate that i have had for a while and was not in mood to try and split all that to pieces but hell i dont mind anymore i will add in all plugins and sources to next compile. Was just trying to watch out for it I spoke with Cade about additional plugins other then the MQ2. I dont mind and I will fix when i get home at 7:30

Oh darn it i knew i was forgetting something ok i get home in about a hour or so i will get on it if not those that on my msn can message me. and remind me =P

You just hit strike three on including your own character files.

I try not to call people idiots when they're putting effort in, but this is just silly. Do you WANT your whole server to know that you MQ?

Also, while I try not to be picky, if you are adhering to the letter of the law, you need to include the actual projects...people should be able to just download the zip straight from you, unzip it, and hit compile. Look at RedQuest for a good example of the correct format.

Hey i was told they were to be givin the source thats how i have it and use it also... i individualy copy and move files back and forth they all have there own folders even ! :) cause im weird like that.. =) but now now i gave ya my sources and my compile so turn that frown upside down.

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
The GPL said:
You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:
[...]
The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it. For an executable work, complete source code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable.
The bold statements refer to the make files and folders for the project for each individual plugin.

It really isn't that hard CodeCompiler, just remove the specific files which contain your characters info and zip the folder.

If someone else is compiling for you and your posting tell them to zip up the folder.

Also, linking to macroquest2.com is not acceptable because you created changes to the source such as adjusting the auth system and removing some of the pit falls in the code used for stopping some plugins (or you should learn how if you did not.)

CodeCompilerv1.10 MQ2 Simple
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back