• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

TheZ v3.0 (works with 3/15/06 patch) (1 Viewer)

Oh, and a quick question for those who are having problems with /zone...does the MQ2Cobalt /czone work, or is that also broken? It won't chainzone for you, but it may provide a temporary zoning method while I work to fix this one.

As a note, if you need gate, and it isn't working, but /zone is...you can always try "/zone bindzonenamehere".

That *will* cause crashes if you have my piggyzone and Vearroyo's rwarp loaded at the same time.

That sometimes causes problems, but not always. I'd just recompile everything with the latest source and make sure that your piggyzone.ini is complete. I know those plugins posted work, because they are straight out of my compile, so it sounds like a problem with mq2main.dll.

Okay, posting v3.40 now.

Patch notes aside, there is ONE strange thing that I noticed about this compile. The first time I loaded it up and tried to gate, I crashed. The second time I loaded it, I changed two things: the first is updating the XML in my UIFILES folder, which I had forgotten to do, and the second was reloading my UI once I got ingame so that the Cast window came up. After that, I gated / zoned / warped without any problems. So...moral of the story is...make sure you have everything updated and working.

Notes (3.40):
-Updated to MQ2-2006331a zip
-Added MQ2Teamspeak
-Added MQ2Spawnmaster
-Updated MQ2Cast to use the new s0rcier code. If you use MQ2Cast, I recommend that you look at THIS to see updates, and LOOK at the updated section for MQ2Cast down below.

thez said:
Okay, posting v3.40 now.

Patch notes aside, there is ONE strange thing that I noticed about this compile. The first time I loaded it up and tried to gate, I crashed. The second time I loaded it, I changed two things: the first is updating the XML in my UIFILES folder, which I had forgotten to do, and the second was reloading my UI once I got ingame so that the Cast window came up. After that, I gated / zoned / warped without any problems. So...moral of the story is...make sure you have everything updated and working.
Good stuff. Thanks. I'd been using the updated XML but not s0rier's code.

All these Cast and Melee updates - some from S0rcier and the others from Enchanter are driving me nuts They do great work but need to decide who is gonna update and maintain what and not have 4 different versions of 2 plugins.

One question: For Teamspeak, did you compile it with the original TSRemote.h or the one Lax rewrote?

no problems yet with this release! /zone working fine haven't had a chance to test /fade or /gate yet tho. Will check them out after raid.

Only account I played on since I updated the version is one I can't /gate, /zone or /warp on. Will be trying it this morning though and will report back ASAP

TheZ, nice compile! Working great for me.

I know it's a pain to maintain these, but I have a request to add two more sorcier plugins.

I'm wanting to try out the new modbot macro, which requires netheal and netbots and was hoping you might be able to include them in your next distro.

Your efforts are appreciated.
Thanks,
dd

removed my files. seeing as no one is having any problems with the new compile..

by the way wasnt trying to take anything away from your work thez i think you do some good shit too. was just trying to lend a hand.

Not a problem =D I'm just here to make sure that the people get the stuff, I'm not jealous.

Same questions....what zones, what command did you type, what plugins do you have loaded?

BadPuss said:
Still having problems zoning, CTD :(
Same. Still using same plugins, can't /gate, /fade or /zone without CTD. Makes no difference what zone. I do actually zone, but I CTD before the zone finishes loading. If I /fade I get the Entering Zonename but before the zone reloads I've got a CTD.

I'm using your compile, incl your version of MQ2Cast (which BTW doesn't give me the timer window but I can deal)

/warp works fine

Hmmm, I'm not at my EQ pc right now or I'd check which version I am using. I do know it is a couple of versions behind the current one. Anyway, I can /gate, /zone, /fade, everything with no problems at all.

Like I said, this is with an older version of TheZ's compile. Everything works great.

EDIT: I'm using version 3.20

Last edited:
I am using TheZ v3[1].20 with the following plugins:

[Plugins]
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2map=mq2map
mq2bzsrch=mq2bzsrch
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone
mq2rwarp=mq2rwarp
mq2feedme=mq2feedme
mq2csum=mq2csum
mq2docrack=mq2docrack
mq2linkdb=mq2linkdb
mq2twist=mq2twist
mq2autosize=mq2autosize

I stayed with this version because of the gate fade and zone are all working. I do ctd when pressing hide while rogue is hidden, but i can deal with that for now until a more stable version comes out.

You know, if you want to experiment to see if this works for you or not, you can always just unzip mq2 in a different folder, load it from that folder, and test it. If it works, overwrite, if not, don't.

Question for the people with crashing errors: Does /czone work for you?

Im wondering for all the folks using this build, and the various plugins.

Are you copying all of your .ini's from the previous verisions of the build?

I would recommend starting with a clean download in a new folder, and test your plugins with the .ini's provided. Then update the existing .ini's with your updates from previous builds.

Some of you could be experiencing problems based on .ini issues that TheZ obviously has no insight in to.

is mq2seeinvis broke.... seems plugin and docrack arent working..

dorack did work but it crashed on you~

Hello =) using 3.40 gave me a most curious problem, /mem 9 "spellname" actually mems and unmems gem 5. Didn't have this problem with 3.0.

Everything else is wonderful =)

is mq2seeinvis broke.... seems plugin and docrack arent working..

dorack did work but it crashed on you~

Sorry, if I don't include it in my compile, I can't help you fix it. You may want to look at MQ2Faerune, which I do have in my compile.

Hello =) using 3.40 gave me a most curious problem, /mem 9 "spellname" actually mems and unmems gem 5. Didn't have this problem with 3.0.

Everything else is wonderful =)

3.40 uses an updated MQ2Cast. I'm not sure if this is exactly why, put possibly. My suggestion would be to use MQ2Cast (which you should anyways, Cast=god), and type the command "/memorize "spellname|slotnumber". For example, "/memorize "conviction|3" or "/memorize conviction|gem3". Of course, it does a lot more than that, but that's one thing it can do.

Hi TheZ,

I'm still using your 3.1 compile without any problems, just wanna say thanks for the work you put into this. I can't actually compile it myself (My machine is too old, too slow) so its really great that you and other compilers do this.

Oh thanks for the pointer in the right direction, I'll look into the plugin and see if I can recompile it myself =)

I'll be back from an out of town trip tonight, and either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how tired I am, etc., I'll update to the 4/10 MQ2.

I've got the source, it will be in the next update...which won't happen until sometime next weekend, in all likelyhood, since there's a patch scheduled for Thursday that'll most definitely break anything I add!

I use this and it works great.Thank you very much,but I would like to get a tradeskill macro for this..is tere one I can use or no.

p.s. what are red cents?

Red cents are just a way of showing appreciation. Look at my sig for directions...lol.

As for macros, you can get those on your own. Go to army's Tradeskill macro's thread, download the zip, and unzip that into your "macros" folder. Open each one in a text editor (TextEdit, Notepad, Wordpad, etc), and check out the instructions within. To run it, load up ingame, go to the right spot specified in the macro, then type "/mac nameofthefilehere".

OBI said:
I use this and it works great.Thank you very much,but I would like to get a tradeskill macro for this..is tere one I can use or no.

p.s. what are red cents?

lol your kidding right?

check out the stickies...

Maybe 2 or 3 below this one...

Let us know what sticks out at ya 8-P

ARMY

Erm, don't think it should be automatically foraging, but if it is, that's either MQ2Autoforage or MQ2Melee...

Try unloading Autoforage and typing "/melee", then scrolling through the spam that pops up in your MQ2 window to see if MQ2Melee has autoforaging enabled. If it does, something like "/melee exactnameofforagethingyinmq2windowhere=false" or =0, or something like that, should turn it off.

Rich (BB code):
Simple plugin to automate the tast of foraging (and eventually fishing). 

Syntax: 

/startforage		 - commence autoforaging. 
/stopforage			- stop autoforaging. 
/keepitem {item}	 - add/change the item in the .ini file to auto-keep. 
/destroyitem {item}

ALL plugins are listed HERE

3rd post is all the usages for each plugin

ARMY

TheZ v3.0 (works with 3/15/06 patch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back