• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

RedQuest v7.1 (Works for 3/15 patch) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a problem with 7.2 with Mq2melee.

7.1 worked perfectly but 7.2 seems to be broken. Any else having problems with mq2melee in the 7.2 compile?

/edit

Sorry, should have elaborated.

I`m pretty sure it`s a Mq2melee function that has always been enabled in all previous RQ Compiles but for some reason has been switched off in 7.2. It just threw me a little when i tried to use it today only to discover all my melee toons wouldn`t melee.

I had to mess around with mq2melee settings and i think i eventually got it sorted out.

I`m just too used to have RQ compiles work the same way all the time, i guess i`m kinda spoiled.

I seem to have got all the melee toons working now but had to do some research on the mq2melee plugin to figure it out.

Last edited:
Define: "Having a problem"

Is it not loading at all, is it crashing to desktop, is it not activating, is it not accepting changes, is it just not loading up on startup even though you have to type /plugin MQ2Melee to get it to load if it's not set to start in your macroquest.ini?

Being specific about the problem will help a lot.

all i have to say about that is fuck that. i pay you montly dues for my mq2 i dun care about your attempt to teach noobs shit delay it 2 hours i pay the lifetime at mmobugs

All that *I* have to say is that you are a perfect example of why this rule was implemented. RQ was made a mod, and has the ability to delete posts like yours, and this rule was overturned. JFC, no wonder he gets frustrated.

Cleaned up a few posts.

anyone else has problems with ctd when using mq2exchange? (mq2cast doesnt work for me)

What are you doing when you crash? What command are you typing in? What UI are you using?

Fixed Bzrsrch plugin found below. Also tried a small change with Pax, let me know if it fixes the hail issues. If it doesn't...for the people having those problems, does the Piggyzone NPC usage work for you?

Last edited:
Ok Thez is here... couple things... this thread is getting long can ya dump all the posts about the punishment mine included and that way I can see what has to do with the thread....

Also I have exchange and bardswap working but it is back to spammig and it jerks my macro to bits Ccomp where are ya... he removed the spam notice for me last time but had to go back to compiled exchange to get bardswap working..

Instamem other then dropping gems is working no longer making me CTD and exactspeed was working....

What I cannot seem to get to work is Mq2Advpath. it loads and I have my pathing loaded fine same old folder and it does nothing as thought my .ini files is not loading I am useing the vxed macros with barindu.ini file in it.

So if somoene has a fix for Advpath let me know.

RedQuest said:
Cleaned up a few posts.

What are you doing when you crash? What command are you typing in? What UI are you using?

Fixed Bzrsrch plugin found below. Also tried a small change with Pax, let me know if it fixes the hail issues. If it doesn't...for the people having those problems, does the Piggyzone NPC usage work for you?

I run Mq2bardswap and /Mq2exchange

I was crashing as soon as I did /bardswap on and it did the first exchange. It is working fine now except when twisting. Says you cannot echange while casting or something to that effect......

RedQuest said:
You need to set your delay for bardswap higher.

KK checking it now... was at 21 will pump it up to 23 or 25

OK did all the normal load / unloads and changed times all the way out to 57 and back to 20 and still get message saying Exchange cannot/exchange while casting.....

Last edited:
Unloading Exactspeed and zoning will make cast work. Not sure why, but that's it. Will work on the issue.

RedQuest said:
Cleaned up a few posts.

Cheers for the updated DLL Red, however /bzsrch is still causing a CTD.

edited dbg.txt attached if it helps :-)

Also as mentiond earlier MQ2Exactspeed is still giving me grief. I can load the plugin fine, I can /speed xxx fine, but within ~20 seconds of doing /speed xxx I will crash to server select.

Line in dbg.txt says "Disconnected from zone (bc2)." Hope thats some help.

Just an FYI, in the MQ2pax. /sumcorpse is a bit wonky still, worked on a few, but not on others. Not sure why, just said they were too far away, was running the /mac sumraid to get a raid away from the nameds. Anyways, I do appreciate all the hard work, I got a couple of compiles going here, and realize what hard work it is to do, so thanks to redguide and all others who help.

Edit: Am running 7.2 with the updated mq2pax.dll after the 7.2 post.

i am using the 7.2 zip but still having an issue with the hott in krust ui...found a fix for it on MQ2 board, apparently there is an incorrect offset...here is a copy/paste of the post:

p00n wrote:
Same deal with HoTT. The game window still shows the target's target, but the Krust Target box, that used to also show the target with it's target below is not working on any of my 5 machines. I have the latest compile.

*edit*: Let me clarify that the health bar of your target's target show's up, but his name/class/distance does not, as it used to. Again I am referring to the HoTT that occurs in the krust target window, not the stock EQ HoTT window, which works normally.

No you dont have the latest compile.
This bug existed in MQ2-20070315.zip and was fixed in MQ2-20070315b.zip. If you use the very latest zip, then it will work.

As you can see, the change between these two versions are, in EQData.h:

Code:

/*0x04ac*/ BYTE Unknown0x4ac[0x918];
/*0x0dc4*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *WhoFollowing; // NULL if autofollow off
/*0x0dc8*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *pGroupAssistNPC[1];
/*0x0dcc*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *pRaidAssistNPC[3];
/*0x0dd8*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *pGroupMarkNPC[3];
/*0x0de4*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *pRaidMarkNPC[3];
/*0x0df0*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *pTargetOfTarget;
/*0x0df4*/ BYTE Unknown0xdf8[0x30];

Into:
Code:

/*0x04ac*/ BYTE Unknown0x4ac[0x91c];
/*0x0dc8*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *WhoFollowing; // NULL if autofollow off
/*0x0dcc*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *pGroupAssistNPC[1];
/*0x0dd0*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *pRaidAssistNPC[3];
/*0x0ddc*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *pGroupMarkNPC[3];
/*0x0de8*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *pRaidMarkNPC[3];
/*0x0df4*/ struct _SPAWNINFO *pTargetOfTarget;
/*0x0df8*/ BYTE Unknown0xdf8[0x2c];

Here you see the offset to pTargetOfTarget has been corrected. And this is the spawn info which krust ui shows in the built in HoTT display. The health bar works because that is a standard component in EQ ui's.

/sumcorpse is a bit wonky still, worked on a few, but not on others. Not sure why, just said they were too far away

This has to do with folks being in hover mode and EQ-related client/server desync. Its not a fault of the plugin dev's here. Two things fix it. 99% success will be to tell the person who died to respawn at bind, it will unlock by the time they finish zoning. 90% success on the other when you camp and come back.

You also realize when using this on raid, if it does succeed while the folks are in hover mode, smart one's will know what you're doing.

dumb ones will go "WTF how did 30 corpses pile up in mere seconds from 150 feet?"

Ccomp5950 said:
dumb ones will go "WTF how did 30 corpses pile up in mere seconds from 150 feet?"

Yeah, I had told everyone to respawn, but you know how that goes, probably about half of them didn't, so that may have been the problem. I was doing it on the necro, so I was using that as the explanation of how I was doing it :)

I think part of the problem is the packet used. I believe I saw 0x573, which is the OLD one. Other lies in if packetapi is setup properly.

Rich (BB code):
#define OP_SpeedCrash  0x2221 // 03-14-07

Czarman beat me to it.

Spent about 2 hours this afternoon working with thez on getting sumcorpse to work, couldn't get it to work more than once in 7 times, and honestly, I'm sick of trying to work with it. At this point, unless I get some brilliant inspiration or one of the other people who works on the compile figures it out, the plugin is dead.

RedQuest said:
Czarman beat me to it.

Spent about 2 hours this afternoon working with thez on getting sumcorpse to work, couldn't get it to work more than once in 7 times, and honestly, I'm sick of trying to work with it. At this point, unless I get some brilliant inspiration or one of the other people who works on the compile figures it out, the plugin is dead.

I'll give it a shot later tonight. I am assuming you're referring to mq2pax? Just /sumcorpse is out?

If someone wants to test mine.

** UNTESTED **

drizzt1 said:
Still a no go on speed even with the api loaded :( going to try your Pax Cman

What plugins do you have loaded? Works fine for me, I set it to 185 automatically when I log on, and never crash.

Strike that...thanks to TP's help (and me feeling like an idiot), Pax is fixed.

Will be an compile update posted (with source code, no less) later tonight. Should be fixes for a bunch of the things that have been having problems.

Noblind docrack does not appear to be working. I saw on another site a different offset for it and that did not work either. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ddd000 said:
Noblind docrack does not appear to be working. I saw on another site a different offset for it and that did not work either. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I tried to update it here, but I guess I am also locked out of my first post, I will repost them. This should be correct:

Rich (BB code):
[NoBlind]
Description="No Blind"
Version="2007.03.14"
address0=426ECC
normal0="01"
crack0="00"

I have these plugins going atm.

[Plugins]
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2map=mq2map
mq2bzsrch=mq2bzsrch
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2combat=mq2combat
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2allzone=mq2allzone
mq2rwarp=mq2rwarp
mq2rez=mq2rez
mq2setgrav=mq2setgrav
mq2docrack=mq2docrack
mq2faerune=mq2faerune
mq2tracking=mq2tracking
mq2xptracker=mq2xptracker
mq2pluginhook=mq2pluginhook
mq2ghost=mq2ghost
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone
mq2exactspeed=mq2exactspeed
mq2packetapi=mq2packetapi
mq2pax=mq2pax

Czarman said:
I'll give it a shot later tonight. I am assuming you're referring to mq2pax? Just /sumcorpse is out?

If someone wants to test mine.

** UNTESTED **

/Gank works. Didn't check anything else yet.

Umm, maybe i get deleted, but where is the link to the compiled version?

couldnt find it so I compled my own from the MQ2 site, but yours is so much smoother

thanks

RedQuest v7.1 (Works for 3/15 patch)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back