• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQBC

Plugin - MQ2EQBC (1 Viewer)

Thanks for taking time to read and thanks for your response. I can launch MQ but for some reason it won't connect to EQBC server? Any ideas? I re-downloaded RG launcher, and also EQ client, but nothing. Yesterday I had a my anti virus quarantine some files but I got them all out of quarantine. The picture below is what I see when my group is logged in fully into game.

Thank you for your time!

/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112
/bccmd set autoconnect on

I would strongly recommend you using dannet and not using eqbc if you're having trouble with eqbc --- the "Getting Started / Returning user" vids have a dannet vid

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

I wonder why it disconnected from the server? It was connected just fine for a few months.
every time a toon reconnects to the game - it would reconnect to eqbcs. there is no way it was connected for "months"

and you may need to check that you are allowing it through your firewall in case it is no longer due to windows changes.

i would (and did) strongly recommend using dannet if you're having these problems as there is no server to connect to.

yes, the thing i've said a couple times and linked and explained the link above

I would strongly recommend you using dannet and not using eqbc if you're having trouble with eqbc --- the "Getting Started / Returning user" vids have a dannet vid - dannet does not have a server to connect to or fight with

here's the info again

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

I wonder why it disconnected from the server? It was connected just fine for a few months.

For me EQBCS crashes after a while, like it runs out of memory or something. But it takes a while, at first it took 24 hours but the version that I got with MQ Next now lasts about 1 week. Before MQ Next there was another version in the folder called eqbcs2 and also a mule version. I tried those and I think they lasted a lot longer like maybe forever. I guess I could get them for EQ Next too, they probably work. But restarting it once a week is fine for me.

I would just use DanNet if I was starting now. But I am used to the eqbc commands, I just stick with it. I think it is also useful for playing lots of characters over a network which I might wanna do sometime.

I rather stick with EQBC, but I am still having issues with it. I've been using EQBC for a year and this has been my first issue with it. It shows all toons are connected to the server, but when I go to engage a mob, none of the CWTN programs make the toons fight. The only toon that engages is the KissAssist Bard. The other 5 have CWTN and they don't do anything. I reinstalled the launcher and still nothing. I am launching the eqbc.exe as well.

I rather stick with EQBC, but I am still having issues with it. I've been using EQBC for a year and this has been my first issue with it. It shows all toons are connected to the server, but when I go to engage a mob, none of the CWTN programs make the toons fight. The only toon that engages is the KissAssist Bard. The other 5 have CWTN and they don't do anything. I reinstalled the launcher and still nothing. I am launching the eqbc.exe as well.
cwtn plugins do not use eqbc or dannet for anything other broadcasting mez if broadcast mez is on.

has 0 to do with buffs
has 0 to do with fighting
has 0 to do with cures

Well if cwtn do not use eqbc, then why would they not be working? I have tried many different solutions. I put the SK to puller tank and he does nothing, I check the distance and etc so nothing is wrong. He is set to Main Assist.

Well if cwtn do not use eqbc, then why would they not be working? I have tried many different solutions. I put the SK to puller tank and he does nothing, I check the distance and etc so nothing is wrong. He is set to Main Assist.
Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

that sticky shows you how to find that information, how to get help about those specific things, and how to debug pulling.

this is the eqbc thread, so we're not going to sidetrack in here, you're currently PMing me about dannet while posting in both dannet and eqbc thread - I can't talk to you in 3 places at the same time, and you continually just delete stuff, which is frustrating when folks are talking time to try and help you.

Ok, did some more troubleshooting and nothing seems to be working. I am using the cwtn on the sk, mage, zerker, shaman, and necro, and the sk is set to main assist. He does not respond to the settings of tank or puller tank. The only way he tanks is if I manually click on melee attack. For the other 5 toons (6 group), they do not respond to the setting assist.

Ok, did some more troubleshooting and nothing seems to be working. I am using the cwtn on the sk, mage, zerker, shaman, and necro, and the sk is set to main assist. He does not respond to the settings of tank or puller tank. The only way he tanks is if I manually click on melee attack. For the other 5 toons (6 group), they do not respond to the setting assist.
Please reread the above. Sounds like maybe you don't have meshes. Please read that stuff.

This is eqbc thread.

I decided to re-up to redguides and get MQ2 again to play on some EMU servers. I used to use it on them a couple of years ago and it worked fine, but now when I go to load up the EQBCS it just hangs on waiting for connections to port. I allowed it through my firewall, but I do not get the box to pop up asking if I want to use a standalone or a server. I left it there for about 30 minutes and it never changed. Am I doing something wrong or does anyone have any ideas why it might not be connecting possibly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I decided to re-up to redguides and get MQ2 again to play on some EMU servers. I used to use it on them a couple of years ago and it worked fine, but now when I go to load up the EQBCS it just hangs on waiting for connections to port. I allowed it through my firewall, but I do not get the box to pop up asking if I want to use a standalone or a server. I left it there for about 30 minutes and it never changed. Am I doing something wrong or does anyone have any ideas why it might not be connecting possibly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The waiting for connection box is the server.

Are you connecting in game?

Should consider using mq2dannet, as that is the default nowadays.

Welcome back

Once the waiting for connections is up you should use /bccmd connect command in game. This will connect the character to the server. You will need to do that on each character you want to connect with.

You may also try setting up autoconnect, so the characters will just automatically connect when they log in. /bccmd set autoconnect on
This will also need to be done on each character unless you load one character and set this up, then load the rest of them. The next time you log on it would connect automatically if the server is loaded (it's showing waiting for connections)

Thanks for the info, I had tried in and out of game but I did not do the connect command. Will give that a shot tomorrow after work. Just want to add that it's your plug ins chatwiththisname that made me want to get back in to eq again, love it and appreciate what you do!

Can’t connect to eqbc get this message every time I try. Any suggestion it just started doing this last patch.

Attachments

• E575FD97-B410-4385-B25C-1B6E507AF95A.jpeg
    E575FD97-B410-4385-B25C-1B6E507AF95A.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
Can’t connect to eqbc get this message every time I try. Any suggestion it just started doing this last patch.
would check your antivirus and ensure you don't have any mq/rq/eq files quarantined (in this case eqbcs)

worth considering whitelisting eq, mq, and rg folders

Knightly updated MQ2EQBC with a new update entry:

〰️Commits​

Merge MMOBugs commands and TLOs
- Add bcz, bcza, bcgz, bcgza
- Add EQBC.Packets and EQBC.HeartBeat TLOs
- Increase connection verbosity
- Allow for null passwords when connecting and a password exists
- Combine (some) redundant code to create BCName function
- TODO: This plugin still has a lot of mixed tabs and spaces but I did not want to muddy the PR

Read the rest of this update entry...

Since updating launcher and eq client I have been having trouble getting my characters to my EQBC . How do I fix this
you probably either a: have your AV scanning RG/EQ/MQ stuff and it is being held up, or b: you don't have it "allowed" on your firewall

1684414684440.png

I am having the same problem, was working fine last night. Shut Pc, fired up, did my daily ritual, just goes to connected now joining, but not working. I checked is allowed and I dont run an active security program. This pc is used to strictly a few things I manually scan everyday.

Plugin - MQ2EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back