• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQBC

Plugin - MQ2EQBC (1 Viewer)

thank you again and you are correct i am still learning which is still hard after the accident but i will get there /bow

I usta be able to talk to my group with the /bcga //rg on command, now it isn't working any ideas?

it usta show the toons as they connected, now they don't

Last edited:
this is a fresh launch from the red guide launcher

Screenshot 2022-10-16 0902121.png

it just isn't showning the group as they connect, and I can't do group commands, that is the problem I am haven, everything else works.

I can't do the /bcga //rg on command, the toon I do it on sends it to the MQ window, just the other toons are not receiving it

this is a fresh launch from the red guide launcher

View attachment 42785

it just isn't showning the group as they connect, and I can't do group commands, that is the problem I am haven, everything else works.

I can't do the /bcga //rg on command, the toon I do it on sends it to the MQ window, just the other toons are not receiving it
that image doesn't really have anything to do with anything.

I would restart your computer, ensure you don't have antivirus/defender holding any EQ or MQ files hostage - you may need to add a firewall exception for eqbcs, and reload your toons, launching eqbcs with the redguides launcher

that image doesn't really have anything to do with anything.

I would restart your computer, ensure you don't have antivirus/defender holding any EQ or MQ files hostage - you may need to add a firewall exception for eqbcs, and reload your toons, launching eqbcs with the redguides launcher

where it says connected on the bottom there, it usta say my toons name, it does that same thing on all toons, I usta see them pop up as they logged in, I have not had any problem tell I made toons on VoX, cause I bought a krono, thinking it would go to my char on Cazaic, then when I came back to my char on Cazic this started, I can't get the toons on VoX to work right either, I did the commands on VoX as follows

/bccmd connect

/bccmd set autoconnect on

/mac rgmercsinstall

I did that on all the guys on VoX server, like I said then I went back to Cazic and all this happened, I can't do group commands anymore, I didn't change anything, was working great tell I made the new guys on VoX server.

when I say group commands I am talking about the

/bcga //rg on usta turn on all my charaters, all it does now is shows that my main char sent it, doesn't pop on other toons MQ window like it usta.

I did restart computer, and I always redguide to control my computer FYI sic, thanks about man]

Hope I explained it better, thanks for your understanding and patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks, any ideas? think I should uninstall red guide laucher and reinstall it? The group commands is the only thing not working
uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't do anything in this instance.

did you follow the previous suggestions? because you said you restarted, but you didn't say you did the other things i suggested.

checking AV/defender for hostage/quarantine
check that eqbcs isn't denied in your windows firewall

I would strongly recommend making the move over to dannet as that is the suggested default.

just to make sure you're following the steps to use as you should, have you reviewed the video on the > overview <

uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't do anything in this instance.

did you follow the previous suggestions? because you said you restarted, but you didn't say you did the other things i suggested.

checking AV/defender for hostage/quarantine
check that eqbcs isn't denied in your windows firewall

I would strongly recommend making the move over to dannet as that is the suggested default.

just to make sure you're following the steps to use as you should, have you reviewed the video on the > overview <
nothing is quarantine, and eqbcs is allowed, I will try and get Dannet is turned on in the plugin manager also with eqbcs

the below picture the connecting to 127.0.0.1 2112...
connected!
shows on my end, the reast of that where it says mytoonname has joined the server and down doesn't show fyi hope that helps

my guys basically are not join the server it looks like to me

my guys basically are not join the server it looks like to me
Well. Disconnect them and have them connect to it.

Like teichoi said, don't run more than 1 server .

If it is on same PC the 127.0.0.1 is fine, if other PC, specify the local IP address the server is running on

Please stop posting your toon names.
Please.

Well. Disconnect them and have them connect to it.

Like teichoi said, don't run more than 1 server .

If it is on same PC the 127.0.0.1 is fine, if other PC, specify the local IP address the server is running on

Please stop posting your toon names.
Please.
it is on one computer, and the toons names where from the video you sent me to, they are not my toons

Nevermind I uninstalled redguide launcher and reinstalled it and it works fine now have a good day

Do you have EQBC going? Try /bccmd connect and see what it says.
FYI just uninstall redguide launcher and reinstall it fixes the issue thanks for your time and energy

make sure you only have one server running.
Just had to uninstall redguide laucher and reinstall it now it is working great thanks for your time and energy

that makes like 0% sense to me how that would fix it
yup, it is coincidental and not related.

sounds like a configuration was incorrect, or more than 1 was running, or other listed steps. and just "starting over" means doing all of those things

yup, it is coincidental and not related.

sounds like a configuration was incorrect, or more than 1 was running, or other listed steps. and just "starting over" means doing all of those things
Totally agree, thanks for all the time you all spent helping me though, I am sure I did something that buggered it up, thanks again for being patient with me..

But good thing is its up and running whooot 8)

Also Sic I am sorry for always bugging yah, I am sure you got alot of people hounding you all the time, I want you to know I REALLY appresiate EVERYTHING you do

After moving to new MQ - new directory and then migrated... I do see the EQBC server run in a box.. but I don't see anything connect to it (although normal commands still working).. so I'm thinking the service may still be running.. wondering if this is causing some of my other problems like autoaccept. Is there a way to remove the service and have MQ reinstall the way it wants to?
Thanks.

After moving to new MQ - new directory and then migrated... I do see the EQBC server run in a box.. but I don't see anything connect to it (although normal commands still working).. so I'm thinking the service may still be running.. wondering if this is causing some of my other problems like autoaccept. Is there a way to remove the service and have MQ reinstall the way it wants to?
Thanks.
You definitely want to be running the new eqbcs and not the old eqbcs (if you're connecting to live servers) - so you'll have to open your windows services and see what is there and where it is pointing.

Also, consider using Dannet instead - lots of utilities are going to use Dannet already because of functionality available over eqbc

I'm running on EMU server. I do see the service there... I do use DANNET too... was told in past that running both was best.
Should I remove the service? If so, how do you do that?
Thanks.

Thanks for taking time to read and thanks for your response. I can launch MQ but for some reason it won't connect to EQBC server? Any ideas? I re-downloaded RG launcher, and also EQ client, but nothing. Yesterday I had a my anti virus quarantine some files but I got them all out of quarantine. The picture below is what I see when my group is logged in fully into game.

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• server.png
    server.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thanks for taking time to read and thanks for your response. I can launch MQ but for some reason it won't connect to EQBC server? Any ideas? I re-downloaded RG launcher, and also EQ client, but nothing. Yesterday I had a my anti virus quarantine some files but I got them all out of quarantine. The picture below is what I see when my group is logged in fully into game.

Thank you for your time!

/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112
/bccmd set autoconnect on

I would strongly recommend you using dannet and not using eqbc if you're having trouble with eqbc --- the "Getting Started / Returning user" vids have a dannet vid

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

I wonder why it disconnected from the server? It was connected just fine for a few months.
every time a toon reconnects to the game - it would reconnect to eqbcs. there is no way it was connected for "months"

and you may need to check that you are allowing it through your firewall in case it is no longer due to windows changes.

i would (and did) strongly recommend using dannet if you're having these problems as there is no server to connect to.

yes, the thing i've said a couple times and linked and explained the link above

I would strongly recommend you using dannet and not using eqbc if you're having trouble with eqbc --- the "Getting Started / Returning user" vids have a dannet vid - dannet does not have a server to connect to or fight with

here's the info again

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

I wonder why it disconnected from the server? It was connected just fine for a few months.

For me EQBCS crashes after a while, like it runs out of memory or something. But it takes a while, at first it took 24 hours but the version that I got with MQ Next now lasts about 1 week. Before MQ Next there was another version in the folder called eqbcs2 and also a mule version. I tried those and I think they lasted a lot longer like maybe forever. I guess I could get them for EQ Next too, they probably work. But restarting it once a week is fine for me.

I would just use DanNet if I was starting now. But I am used to the eqbc commands, I just stick with it. I think it is also useful for playing lots of characters over a network which I might wanna do sometime.

I rather stick with EQBC, but I am still having issues with it. I've been using EQBC for a year and this has been my first issue with it. It shows all toons are connected to the server, but when I go to engage a mob, none of the CWTN programs make the toons fight. The only toon that engages is the KissAssist Bard. The other 5 have CWTN and they don't do anything. I reinstalled the launcher and still nothing. I am launching the eqbc.exe as well.

I rather stick with EQBC, but I am still having issues with it. I've been using EQBC for a year and this has been my first issue with it. It shows all toons are connected to the server, but when I go to engage a mob, none of the CWTN programs make the toons fight. The only toon that engages is the KissAssist Bard. The other 5 have CWTN and they don't do anything. I reinstalled the launcher and still nothing. I am launching the eqbc.exe as well.
cwtn plugins do not use eqbc or dannet for anything other broadcasting mez if broadcast mez is on.

has 0 to do with buffs
has 0 to do with fighting
has 0 to do with cures

Well if cwtn do not use eqbc, then why would they not be working? I have tried many different solutions. I put the SK to puller tank and he does nothing, I check the distance and etc so nothing is wrong. He is set to Main Assist.

Well if cwtn do not use eqbc, then why would they not be working? I have tried many different solutions. I put the SK to puller tank and he does nothing, I check the distance and etc so nothing is wrong. He is set to Main Assist.
Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

that sticky shows you how to find that information, how to get help about those specific things, and how to debug pulling.

this is the eqbc thread, so we're not going to sidetrack in here, you're currently PMing me about dannet while posting in both dannet and eqbc thread - I can't talk to you in 3 places at the same time, and you continually just delete stuff, which is frustrating when folks are talking time to try and help you.

Plugin - MQ2EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back