• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQBC

Plugin - MQ2EQBC (1 Viewer)

I dont use any active filters, hehe. Ill figure it out, just needed a break. Im not pc smart. So I get frustrated hehe. Thanks
I’ve head this happen once or twice in the past 6 months. Probably something I did to mess up the .ini.
Did you try the connect command again on your toons? /bccmd connect
That as what fixed it on my end. Hope this helps.

BB

Hi
I have a bard in my kissassist group. In the MQ window I get the message you are not connected to an EQBC server Please check your connection. That is the only character I see it on in my box. What should I do with this?
Thanks for the help

Hi
I have a bard in my kissassist group. In the MQ window I get the message you are not connected to an EQBC server Please check your connection. That is the only character I see it on in my box. What should I do with this?
Thanks for the help
Posting in the "casual shoot the shit" section under the "in real life" title header isn't gonna get you much :p

Set your ini to eqbc=1
Make sure that toon does a /bccmd connect # and set auto reconnect etc

Good morning, 1st i'd like to say i do not think this is a red Guides issue. i assume it has to be my internet or something i am doing in error. For the last few months i am having trouble connecting using BCCMD. I may run for a week with no issue then the next time i load in none of the boxes will connect. For example i played all day yesterday no issue, logged off at 1am and have been trying the last two hours this morning to get them to communicate and they will not. I receive message could Not connect. What i have done each time this happens.

1st - i make sure red guides is updated
2nd i unload and load red guides
3rd I manually type /bccmd quit then use my connection button which is /bccmd connect with ip address and port 192.168.xx.xx xxxx format
4 th i turn off all computers and restart
5th i reset modem and router.

Sometimes it will re connect other times like today i can do all that and still get the error message. it may last a day or two or up to a week i had. I'll try every day and it will just randomly start working, im not aware of actually doing anything that fixes it. Red guides runs fine if i manually target and do /kissassist i just can not send commands or use come to me or follow?

It seems so random, any idea what could be wrong or what i may be doing?

It seems so random, any idea what could be wrong or what i may be doing?

My first blush guess is your router is changing your computers IP addresses too frequently. Have you tried assigning static IP addresses to each PC and then adjusting your INI file to match?

I adjusted my router to hand out addresses in the range of .101 to .199. Then in each machine I started backwards at .254. Then I added the appropriate entries in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and lmhosts. Then I assigned some permanent devices like printers down around .005 and .010.

Your mileage may vary as each ISP and router can have different defaults. For example CenturyLink routers assign themselves the .254 address so you have to use the lower addresses rather than the higher ones. You can't use .255 as it's the broadcast default.

As far as I can tell when i use Ipconfig all my systems have the same ip adress - they each have their own but its not changing.

Make a note to yourself with the current IP of each system. The next time you have EQBC problems then compare their current IP with the addresses in your note. That will tell you conclusively if the IP addresses have changed.

I am now getting the message "Waiting for connections on port: 2112..." this just started and EQBCS will not start, it just sits there. I have not made any changes on my PC/

I am now getting the message "Waiting for connections on port: 2112..." this just started and EQBCS will not start, it just sits there. I have not made any changes on my PC/
that is what its supposed to do, now just connect to it ingame

/bccmd connect localhost

Last edited:
You're doing 127.0.0.1:2112 and NOT 127.0.0.1.2112 right? Don't remember if it drops that colon in the log itself or not.

Is EQBCS running on the same PC as you're trying to connect to it on?

Heyas,

After todays update in launcher, I am getting #could not connect(MQ2EQBC v 20.00)

and when manually pyping the default IP and the /bccmd connect it still will not connect.

Any one else encounter this issue today? And more importantly, how may I fix it P

Thanks in advance P

--
/bccmd connect
#No connection details specified, using server, port and password from ini file.
#Connecting to (Default)
#Could not connect.

Heyas,

After todays update in launcher, I am getting #could not connect(MQ2EQBC v 20.00)

and when manually pyping the default IP and the /bccmd connect it still will not connect.

Any one else encounter this issue today? And more importantly, how may I fix it P

Thanks in advance P

--
/bccmd connect
#No connection details specified, using server, port and password from ini file.
#Connecting to (Default)
#Could not connect.
Are you for sure the server is running? Try launching it again by right clicking on the MQ icon in your task bar and selecting Start EQBCS. 1694837084842.png

Heyas,

Thanks in advance P

--
/bccmd connect
#Connecting to (Default)
#Could not connect.
In addition to Brian's message you will also want to ensure that EQBC is being allowed on your network. If you have antivirus or similar things running you can sometimes end up blocking that because the executable has an obfuscated executable name that,.if it changes, requires you to allow it on the network or unblock it if it got blocked

Thank you. After getting home from work, and did a proper restart and it worked P

All good, thanks for advice.

sometimes you need to enter the IP address aka 127.0.0.1 , for some reason i have found occasionally it gets changed to your default home network ip address i:e 192.168.0.10 or whatever for individual characters.

I have never been able to get this to work on my own so now i'm making an account and formally requesting help, lol. After I turn EQBCSE and Marcoquest, and start up eqgame, it tells me "the date and time of eqgame was not what it expected it to be, injection failed"

what do? Please explain as though you were speaking to a small child.

I have never been able to get this to work on my own so now i'm making an account and formally requesting help, lol. After I turn EQBCSE and Marcoquest, and start up eqgame, it tells me "the date and time of eqgame was not what it expected it to be, injection failed"

This is the thread for the MQ2EQBC plugin which is just one of many plugins MQ runs. If MQ isn't able to inject into EQ then you haven't even loaded MQ yet and plugins are irrelevant. You can start by searching the forums for that error message, and you'd see many posts like this: https://www.redguides.com/community/search/1812920/?q=the+date+and+time+of+eqgame&o=relevance

It means your eq has been patched and mq has not, or vice versa. Or that you're running a version of eq that doesn't match the version of mq, like EQ beta with MQ live. Or EQ live with MQ test, etc.

it is EQBC
it is MacroQuest

seeing the typos leads me to the conclusion that you're a little overwhelmed and are frantic typing.

MQ can seem very overwhelming and it would behoove you to give yourself a little bit of room to get your feet firm.
if you get an out of date message, with MQ, it means MQ doesn't match your EQ, as AQ1 said in the previous response.

Frankly, if you don't already use EQBC / EQBCS you should just skip it, and stick with Dannet

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

This is the thread for the MQ2EQBC plugin which is just one of many plugins MQ runs. If MQ isn't able to inject into EQ then you haven't even loaded MQ yet and plugins are irrelevant. You can start by searching the forums for that error message, and you'd see many posts like this: https://www.redguides.com/community/search/1812920/?q=the+date+and+time+of+eqgame&o=relevance

It means your eq has been patched and mq has not, or vice versa. Or that you're running a version of eq that doesn't match the version of mq, like EQ beta with MQ live. Or EQ live with MQ test, etc.

That was fast! Thanks, i'll check it out.

Okay, so MQ is the main program and everything else is a plugin. Got it. I am so new to this I wasn't even aware of that.

Plugin - MQ2EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back