• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQBC

Plugin - MQ2EQBC (1 Viewer) 16.5

Teichou

RedGuides OG
RedCents
192¢
This is a discussion thread for MQ2EQBC. Read more about it on the overview page:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mugly

RedCents
I installed the test version of Vanilla and I cannot get the EQBC server to connect.

I open the eqbc program and it says waiting to connect and when I log on my toon and type /bccmd connect I get a bad command line return. I know I am not doing something. Any help available?

Sic

Nihil
RedCents
7,122¢
Have you followed this awesome guide? MQ2EQBC Guide like the 2003 server kit part?

What exact "bad command line return" are you getting? did you ensure the mq2eqbc plugin is running? you can /plugin mq2eqbc then /bccmd connect

Edited to add a Welcome to RedGuides and the MQ2 world!

Last edited by a moderator:

EQbackagain

RedCents
1,411¢
You probably actually just need to run the server program as it doesn't start up when you load up MQ. It's called EQBC.exe and is in the folder of MQ2.

llarrswind

RedCents
140¢
eqbc server simply will not work this morning, I ran the update as my computer restarted over night logged in as usual and eqbc isn't having any of it.

RedCents
331¢
Have you tried changing the IP it listens on to 127.0.0.1 instead of 0.0.0.0? If you don't connect to it with a different PC over the network then this might help.

-orkim

llarrswind

RedCents
140¢
Yup I did all that, I normally always start it by right clicking the icon from MQ. I got it to work after launching the standalone and then running debug mode it sorted it self out and worked.

RedCents
2,266¢
Alright so I run a macro to toss my toons into proper channels. This just started happening with the last patch.

This is the macro:

Code:
sub Main
/if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BRD]})  {
/bccmd channels priv privbrd privmelee
}
/if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},SHD]}) {
/bccmd channels priv privtank privmelee
}
/if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},CLR,DRU,SHM]})  {
/bccmd channels priv privheal
}
/if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},MNK,ROG,BER,RNG,BST]})  {
/bccmd channels priv privmelee
}
/if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},WIZ,MAG,ENC]})  {
/bccmd channels priv privcast
}
/if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},WAR]})  {
/bccmd channels priv privtank
}
/if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},BRD]})  {
/bccmd channels priv privbrd privmelee
}
/return
This is what happens sometimes.

error.png

so that is a bard that for some reason echos to BC. Sometimes it just says HANNELS for the first one. The heck?

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
776¢
@Vengen do you get a message when it won't accept anymore clients? I poked the plugin with a stick, but I didn't see where there was a limit defined right off. But it's a rather complex plugin/program to me as I've never delt with networking things at all.

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
776¢
Thanks for the post s0rcier, I spent a good bit of time poking EQBCS and MQ2EQBC source files with a stick and found no location that showed a max connection/clients restriction.

Vengen

RedCents
So i had two EQBCS files in my MQ2, the other was EQBCS2.exe
using EQBCS2.exe lets me go above 50.. so maybe the EQBCS.exe is an older version..

RedCents
70¢
Been running into a lot of issues with eqbc since update on emu.
I am losing connection yet it says connected but none of my connected chars are getting commands.
Sometimes when I send a command it will throw my character straight to the desktop with no error.
kiss commands through eqbc are often crashing my toons to desktop with no error

RedCents
16¢
Hey, im trying to connect to my eqbc server remotly. Its kind of working, but i am seeing a invalid or partial login error in the debug and then it closes my remote connection. How would i login via tcp to the server?

jimbob

RedCents
3,764¢
Make sure you are either using a SSH/VPN tunnel for security (not required, but highly encouraged), and that you have eqbc server listening on a physical interface's IP Address (not 0.0.0.0 or 127.x.x.x).

RedCents
16¢
Make sure you are either using a SSH/VPN tunnel for security (not required, but highly encouraged), and that you have eqbc server listening on a physical interface's IP Address (not 0.0.0.0 or 127.x.x.x).
JimBob,I think the connection is working fine.
The issue seems to be that I don't know how to authenticate with EQBCS, just to clarify I'm doing this without the EQBC client, but trying to connect via telnet from a remote comuter.
I'm seeing this in from my EQBC instance: Client::OnAuthenticationTimeout() client failed to authenticate...
Is there any kind of documentation around the API, eg what to pass to authenticate or is it a read the code and try to figure it out situation ?

Thanks

Managed to dig around and foundthe solution needed to send a LOGIN=name; to the server to keep the connection open

Last edited:

Teichou

RedGuides OG
RedCents
192¢
Yeah but eqbci is windows only right ?
I'm kinda looking into doing something similar but with a web deployment, so you could watch over your bots remotely from any device/anywhere.

we had talk at one point in time about making a eqbcs for droid but I dont think it ever took off

jimbob

RedCents
3,764¢
Yeah but eqbci is windows only right ?
I'm kinda looking into doing something similar but with a web deployment, so you could watch over your bots remotely from any device/anywhere.
This is maybe a little late, but eqbci is cross platform compatible. I wrote it on Linux with QT. I have an Android apk as well....

RedCents
70¢
how do you issue command useitem like //bct toonname //useitem Drunard's Stein I want to be able to use Drunkards stein on my whole team at once

i tried i saw on the other account it said its name twice and the command but it didnt work i typed the same comand the useitem drunkards stein and it worked on his screen but no boxing service came through with that was just a regular command not able to get them to do it all at once, which would be super nice to save on buffs.

Last edited:
RedCents
348¢
This will work

INI:
/bcga //useitem drunkard
you can also do

INI:
/bcaa //useitem "Fellowship Registration Insignia"
It will match on the first part of your item, just make sure you don't have something else that starts with the same word, if you do, use the "item" in quotes.

RedCents
70¢
how do you issue command useitem like //bct toonname //useitem Drunard's Stein I want to be able to use Drunkards stein on my whole team at once

i tried i saw on the other account it said its name twice and the command but it didnt work i typed the same comand the useitem drunkards stein and it worked on his screen but no boxing service came through with that was just a regular command not able to get them to do it all at once, which would be super nice to save on buffs.
got it to work using /bct (name) //useitem Drunk

RedCents
63¢
/bct ${Target.Name} //useitem "Drunkard's Stein"
would message your target to use their stein through the eqbc server

/bcg //itemnotify "Drunkard's Stein" rightmouseup
to message the other members of your group to use it, you'll still have to click your own.

doing the bcga will message all the members of your group including yourself, doesn't go well with gate items sometimes it zones before it gets them all off...
/bcga //casting "Drunkard's Stein"

if you don't want it to parse a variable until it goes through use /noparse /bcg

/noparse /bcg //target id ${Me.ID}
will make each toon target themselves

/bcg //target id ${Me.ID}
will make each toon target the one that sent the message.

RedCents
2,826¢
got it to work using /bct (name) //useitem Drunk
I really do recommend Sic's relocate plugin, it takes care of a few of other irritating aspects for port items. For the drunkard stein it would be
/bcga //relocate pok

for campfire it would be
/bcga //relocate fellow
and the plugin would take care of making you visible before the click

for stratos
/bcga //relocate air
and plugin would take care of swithcing your lamp to the stratos version

RedCents
255¢
question.
Ive just noticed what appears to be eqbcs messages being echoed to a regular chat window withing the "other" filter tag. How do I turn this "feature" off...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)