• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - 12/5/2023 EQ Windows Randomly Closing? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
85¢
Logged in with my 6 accounts and have had the windows of different accounts randomly close at different times. Seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. Anyone else experiencing this since the new patch?

Could someone look into the viable functionality of setting a Max loc range for mapfilter to actively update? i.e. mapfilter named filters by # or capital letters... why not have it check Loc range? Should not be a hard line to add.

if dist=>## then(hide)

I think that might increase the overall viability of the plugin, especially if it loads automatically by default. Maybe set it for loc ranges as tiers? Zonewide vs camp, vs pull area? I think, beyond ANY other improvement to MQ... this might increase stability for the layman who just wants it to work without all the crashies.

(Sorry... I meant to give 2cp... gave 4... can i has change plxx?)

[EDITED: Think Z-axis height filter, but for Distance.]

I will also try unloading those plugins. I am having the bad luck (crashes) while zoning mainly, but also I have just been pulling with a new group Paladin and my cleric keeps crashing just sitting there on their mount trying heal/buff.

On a side note, not sure if this is related, but it seems my /travelto is really hit or miss since the patch as well. I checked I had all the updated meshes, but it is also like 50/50 when I travel to EW when I'm in a zone with a Magus if it will detect the route to North Ro or not. If I make sure to be in Nro before issuing the camp works every time.

Not sure if more Crash ID screencaps are useful, but here are a couple more. One from a Shaman, one from a Mage, both using CWTN plugins and always when zoning. I forgot how much fun new expansion days are. Updated meshes, crashes with and without using /travelto. Will unload mq2maps in case thats the culprit.

Very Vanila version: 12/5/2023 3:52:39 PM
CWTN plugin update times are: 2023-12-05 20:05:24

Not sure what other information is useful but happy to provide.

Attachments

• Crash_1.png
    Crash_1.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Crash_2.png
    Crash_2.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 2
Yesterday, everytime I zoned with my 6-char-team 1 to 2 chars ctd. Wasn’t too big of an issue as once I reached LS i stayed mostly in zone.
After my session I checked here and found this thread. About 1 our ago, I logged in and unloaded mq2map on all chars. No ctd since.
For me it seems mq2map is the source of the case.
I don’t use spawnmaster.
Many thanks to @Sic for the hint.

Having the same issue. Screenshot similar. Just tossing my name on the pile in case it helps devs. Crashing a lot while zoning. All patched up. Last night was pretty much unplayable.

Having the same issue. Screenshot similar. Just tossing my name on the pile in case it helps devs. Crashing a lot while zoning. All patched up. Last night was pretty much unplayable.
if you are using mq2map and anything else like that - mq2spawnmaster - unload that for the time being.

it would actually want to be anything using OnAddSpawn

until the issue is properly root causted, any of these plugins have the potential to cause an issue because it *appears* to be related to "OnAddSpawn"
I would start with unloading MQ2Map, MQ2SpawnMaster, MQ2Paranoid, MQ2GMCheck, and MQ2Autosize

1701868880110.png

if you are using mq2map and anything else like that - mq2spawnmaster - unload that for the time being.

until the issue is properly root caused, any of these plugins have the potential to cause an issue because it *appears* to be related to "OnAddSpawn"
I would start with unloading MQ2Map, MQ2SpawnMaster, MQ2Paranoid, MQ2GMCheck, and MQ2Autosize

1701868944597.png

until the issue is properly root caused, any of these plugins have the potential to cause an issue because it *appears* to be related to "OnAddSpawn"

View attachment 54086
Thanks. Not sure if this helps, but sharing...
Of the plugins listed above, MQ2Map and MQ2AutoSize were turned on.
6man group would have 1 or 2 chars error/crash each time they zoned.
Turned off MQ2Map
Left on MQ2AutoSize (accidentally... I'm just noticing it's on)
6man group zoned 5 times, no crashes.

Turning off MQ2Map seems to have resolved the crashes for me.

Thank you.

it also seems to be a Mq2map issue for myself
unloaded mq2map and now i can zone without crashing, where before if i zoned 6 chars, anything from 1-4 would crash, zoned 3-4 times now 6 chars, nothing

been a hour since ive unloaded mq2map and not had a single crash since, happy to be able to find a resoulation,
first and only thing ive unloaded and it seems to be working for me :D

Last edited:
I'm hearing a lot of complaining in in-game general chat about zone crashes and crashing while zoning.

Are there also non-MQ2 crashes happening or are all of these MQ/AddSpawn related and people are out'ing themselves?
i wouldn't put it past them to have introduced yet more crash bugs, they said in their faq on personas that additional info has to be moved during each zone transition w/ those

you guys seen the bug when on a raid where one person crashes, then a cascade of people crash one after the other?

when it starts happening i have all my guild peops log to desktop and then log back in otherwise eventually everyone crashes

would love any input on any of these even if they aren't mq2 related

until the issue is properly root causted, any of these plugins have the potential to cause an issue because it *appears* to be related to "OnAddSpawn"

View attachment 54085
Thank you Sic, I'll give that a try. What is the best way to track when they are safe to use again? Thanks for the help!

Thank you Sic, I'll give that a try. What is the best way to track when they are safe to use again? Thanks for the help!
well, once the issue is figured out it'll be patched up and i'm sure folks will be talking about it again (and folks who didn't bother patching will be told to patch after they say they're still crashing)

View attachment 54086
MQ2AFNuke does not use OnAddSpawn. It is in a commented portion of code, which is why it shows up on your search.

I made 2 lua if someone wants to copy and paste.

Lua:
-- Restarting the plugins that need to be restarted after zoning
local mq = require 'mq'
--mq.cmd('/plugin mq2afnuke')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2autosize')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2GMCheck')
--mq.cmd('/plugin mq2moveutils')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2nav')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2paranoid')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2spawnmaster')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2map')
mq.cmd('/lua run alertmaster')

Lua:
--Code to run before you zone.
local mq = require 'mq'
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2autosize unload')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2GMCheck unload')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2moveutils unload')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2nav unload')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2paranoid unload')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2spawnmaster unload')
mq.cmd('/plugin mq2map unload')
mq.cmd('/lua stop alertmaster')

i dont even have a crash dialog window , just shutting off EQ asoon as i load MQ2enc
well, please at least ensure you're running current build, you don't appear to be running current. without some more information to go by, I don't know how to help you

Dropping maps and paranoid before zoning appears to stop the crashes (it's intermittent so I can't be sure). However, that does support the OnAddSpawn theory. Hopefully we can get a root cause soon - you guys do seem to get on issues quickly so I have faith! :)

Problem - 12/5/2023 EQ Windows Randomly Closing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back