• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Sic's Hotkeys

Guide - Sic's Hotkeys (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,944¢
I'm Sorry. I really am.

I'm trying to mimic Sics Keys.

I have:

a) Logged everyone out.

b) opened up my macroquest ini (my windows search bar shows 3) and have located my [Aliases] Field (It contains large amounts of text) and entered the text at the bottom of the file:
View attachment 40133

then at the top of the file (also included the Dannet ones just incase...)

View attachment 40134

Saved the file and reloaded my character, the Berserker. Pressed my 'Chase on' button:
View attachment 40138

and am receiving the following:

View attachment 40137
View attachment 40139

Thank you.
1. ShortName not shortname

2. /chaseon only works for kissassist toons you can ignore on other toons

3. you can only have one thing under the [Alias] section, not two "just in case"

4. those things in the alias section need to look exactly like that guide says
INI:
[Aliases]
/cwtn=/noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnr=/noparse /bca //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/noparse /bcaa //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

for dannet your macroquest.ini entries would look like:
(the extra "\" is the dannet equivalent of a "/noparse"
INI:
[Aliases]
/cwtn=/dgge /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/dgga /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnr=/dgre /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/dgra /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}

don't do the old style of button. literally just the following will cover your bases here (assuming you get the alias made per the instructions

INI:
/cwtn mode 2
/bcg //chaseon

RedCents
20¢
<***
I figured this out before I finished writing this post but thought it might be good info ***
The issue was do to the social. Apparently when using the cwtn aliases, you cannot have a pause in the mix. For example, the original social was:

Page3Button5Name=Chase ON
Page3Button5Color=14
Page3Button5Line1=/dgae /ReturnToCamp 0
Page3Button5Line2=/pause 2, /cwtna Mode 2
Page3Button5Line3=/pause 2, /dgae /CampHere OFF
Page3Button5Line4=/pause 2, /dgae /ChaseON

I removed the "/pause 2," and it is working as expected.
***>

The issue:
I created the aliases and logged my group back in. I'm running Dannet and have a clr, shm and rog running cwtn and a nec and dru running muleassist. When I execute the hot button for the social
/dgae /ReturnToCamp 0
/pause 2, /cwtna Mode 2

The MQ2 output shows "Couldn't parse '/ROGa Mode 2", "Couldn't parse '/CLRa Mode 2", and "Couldn't parse '/SHMa Mode 2"

The aliases exist is the macroquest.ini

/cwtn=/noparse /dgge /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/noparse /dgga /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnr=/noparse /dgre /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/noparse /dgra /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

I've also tried changing the aliases to
/cwtnra=/dgra /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}

but the behavior is still the same.

If I execute the command "/cwtna mode 2" on each of the CWTN toons, it works.

RedCents
40¢
Just curious, is there a way to put multiple commands on a single line of a hotkey? Now that I have a plugin for my necro (thanks so much =)) my hotkeys only have 5 lines. I need an extra line to put his commands on! So like when I use camp on my top line has /bct tanks name //shd mode 4 and then each line below is /bct char name //class mode 1. It's been fine because I was only boxing 5 but now that I can add my necro there is not a 6th line. Is there a way to add a command for him on one of the used lines already? I did it this way because I had trouble with alias's and using commands like /noparse /bca //docommand /$....... Could never get that command to work. Thanks.

RedCents
49¢
Just curious, is there a way to put multiple commands on a single line of a hotkey? Now that I have a plugin for my necro (thanks so much =)) my hotkeys only have 5 lines. I need an extra line to put his commands on! So like when I use camp on my top line has /bct tanks name //shd mode 4 and then each line below is /bct char name //class mode 1. It's been fine because I was only boxing 5 but now that I can add my necro there is not a 6th line. Is there a way to add a command for him on one of the used lines already? I did it this way because I had trouble with alias's and using commands like /noparse /bca //docommand /$....... Could never get that command to work. Thanks.
Check Sic's Hotkeys post. That will get you what you need. Make sure you change the macroquest.ini with either the EQBC or Dannet aliases and you'll be good to go.

RedCents
40¢
So you can't put an extra command on a single line? That's all I want to know. I already mentioned I had trouble setting those up, ie....I gave up and just set it up the way I did. I've had no problems until now that I want to run a 6th. Too bad you can't customize those hotkey's like adding a 6th line heh.

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,944¢
So you can't put an extra command on a single line? That's all I want to know. I already mentioned I had trouble setting those up, ie....I gave up and just set it up the way I did. I've had no problems until now that I want to run a 6th. Too bad you can't customize those hotkey's like adding a 6th line heh.
you can, there are several examples in my hotkey guide. example: /multiline ; /cwtn mode 0; /shd mode 7

Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

moving this into my sichotkeys resource

Last edited:
RedCents
122¢
Hiya Folks!

Hopefully got this thread created in the right spot. I am watching Sic's videos and I cannot get the Camp On, Camp Off and Chase macro's from his videos to work. I keep getting cannot parse errors on all my characters. Ive carefully checked the in game macros I screenshotted from the video and I dont have any typos.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,944¢
Hiya Folks!

Hopefully got this thread created in the right spot. I am watching Sic's videos and I cannot get the Camp On, Camp Off and Chase macro's from his videos to work. I keep getting cannot parse errors on all my characters. Ive carefully checked the in game macros I screenshotted from the video and I dont have any typos.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

howdy again finitematter - i moved your question about my hotkey guide into the discussion thread for the hotkey guide.

anyone not running kissassist would get an error that the kiss camp command didn't work, you can ignore this, and is expected running different automation on different toons. the red error message is just letting you know that that particular command didn't fire on that particular toon.

my hotkey guide goes over all that. just follow the hotkey guide and video and you'll see it all works as expected

alternatively, you can use mq2boxr like I mentioned to you earlier today > here < this helps "normalize" commands across various automations.

even if you use mq2boxr, I strongly encourage you to set up the cwtn alias commands from my hotkey guide, because boxr only handles "basics" and doesn't handle everything - and you will likely quickly end up need/wanting to setup easy hotkeys with /cwtn /cwtna etc

for the hotkeys:
--- anyone not running the matching automation would get an error for the commands if you're using mixed automations
--- this means an SK using mq2eskay doing a /camphere on is going to get a red error message because they're not using kissassist
--- this means a mage running kissassist and not running mq2mage would get a red error msg doing a /mage mode 0, but their camphere would activate
--- this is ok, you can ignore this.

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,944¢
I am getting an error with the /chaseoff function. I keep getting a 'Could not parse' error on all my toons.

Funny thing is, it seems to work, when I click camp on my toons sit and med.
yes, that is a kissassist command - which as i mentioned, commands that are kiss commands would not work on toons that are not using kissassist and i mentioned you can ignore them.

so far each interaction i've helped you with, i've had to repeat something i already said, or say that i already said it.

could you please do me the courtesy of just maybe double reading what i said in case you're just not vibing along with how i speak

RedCents
122¢
yes, that is a kissassist command - which as i mentioned, commands that are kiss commands would not work on toons that are not using kissassist and i mentioned you can ignore them.

so far each interaction i've helped you with, i've had to repeat something i already said, or say that i already said it.

could you please do me the courtesy of just maybe double reading what i said in case you're just not vibing along with how i speak
Im sorry Sic, not trying to drive you nuts but I seem to make my posts before I see your responses. Ill hold off on any further questions for now as I think im getting the hang of things now.

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,944¢
Im sorry Sic, not trying to drive you nuts but I seem to make my posts before I see your responses. Ill hold off on any further questions for now as I think im getting the hang of things now.
i respond to you with the same minute most instances. and you've even quoted me on the parts im talking about - so i don't think that is what is happening.

EQ is a complicated game, and MQ adds additional layers of complexity, it takes a little bit to feel like you have some footing.

Maybe slow down a smidge, and try and get some footing before you extend past that.

RedCents
340¢
Keep getting the response "This is not a valid Command. Please use /help. The lines that we C/P into the Macroquest ini are the 5 lines under the eqbc Aliases. ex.
Second question below on your Camp On ex. - why is the last line having the /shd resetcamp?
/bcg //camphere on
/shd mode 7
/cwtn mode 1
/shd resetcamp

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,944¢
Keep getting the response "This is not a valid Command. Please use /help. The lines that we C/P into the Macroquest ini are the 5 lines under the eqbc Aliases. ex.
Second question below on your Camp On ex. - why is the last line having the /shd resetcamp?
/bcg //camphere on
/shd mode 7
/cwtn mode 1
/shd resetcamp
what is not a valid command? if you're not running kissassist you'd get not a valid command using the /camphere thing on any toon not using kissassist- you can ignore that.
if it is the cwtn command that is invalid, then you need to make the aliases in this guide and either reload your aliases, or log out and back in

/shd resetcamp resets your camp at your current location

you can watch the "how i move my toons guide"

RedCents
234¢
Hi Sic,

After using the Hotkey for Bard Invis, what is the best hotkey to use to get the bard to continue to chase the MA while invis? I've tried adding a /mqp off at the end of line 1 but the bard breaks its own invis on occasion.

/noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /multiline ; /mqp on; /timed 5 /twist off; /alt activate 3704; /alt activate 231
/bcg //dismount

Thanks,

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,944¢
Hi Sic,

After using the Hotkey for Bard Invis, what is the best hotkey to use to get the bard to continue to chase the MA while invis? I've tried adding a /mqp off at the end of line 1 but the bard breaks its own invis on occasion.

/noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /multiline ; /mqp on; /timed 5 /twist off; /alt activate 3704; /alt activate 231
/bcg //dismount

Thanks,
You can't reliably really. If you have your kiss set to continuous twist /out of combat

RedCents
340¢
Optimist or d_ _ bass- I have setup the aliases per instructions using copy and pasted. Still getting the message not valid command. see /help. Couple things I have notice using the campon plugin- my team is not assisting . Reviewing all characters they are still in manual mode with exception warrior after pressing the Campon. note running all team via CWTN 's. Would appreciate guidance. From above will try and reload aliases. I do think it is now the CWTN.
Under the Aliases in the Macroquest file there is alot of gobblie goop - Does that need to remain (see attached)

/tloc=/echo ${If[${Target.ID},${Target.DisplayName}'s Location is ${Target.Y} ${Target.X} ${Target.Z},You do not have a target!]}
/yes=/multiline ; /squelch /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_YesButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_OKButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Yes_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_OK_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TradeWND TRDW_Trade_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ProgressionSelectionWnd ProgressionTemplateSelectAcceptButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TaskSelectWnd TSEL_AcceptButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify RaidWindow RAID_AcceptButton leftmouseup
/no=/multiline ; /squelch /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_NoButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_No_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Cancel_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TradeWND TRDW_Cancel_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify GiveWnd GVW_Cancel_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ProgressionSelectionWnd ProgressionTemplateSelectCancelButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TaskSelectWnd TSEL_DeclineButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify RaidWindow RAID_DeclineButton leftmouseup

Last edited:

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
-5,912¢
something not being a valid command means you're either typing the command wrong or a plugin isn't loaded. But you didn't provide the actual error message you received so we have no way to know if you command failure was lack of MQ being loaded at all, not having MQ2Dannet loaded, not having EQBC loaded, Not having CWTN Plugins loaded etc.

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,944¢
Optimist or d_ _ bass- I have setup the aliases per instructions using copy and pasted. Still getting the message not valid command. see /help. Couple things I have notice using the campon plugin- my team is not assisting . Reviewing all characters they are still in manual mode with exception warrior after pressing the Campon. note running all team via CWTN 's. Would appreciate guidance. From above will try and reload aliases. I do think it is now the CWTN.
Under the Aliases in the Macroquest file there is alot of gobblie goop - Does that need to remain (see attached)

/tloc=/echo ${If[${Target.ID},${Target.DisplayName}'s Location is ${Target.Y} ${Target.X} ${Target.Z},You do not have a target!]}
/yes=/multiline ; /squelch /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_YesButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_OKButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Yes_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_OK_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TradeWND TRDW_Trade_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ProgressionSelectionWnd ProgressionTemplateSelectAcceptButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TaskSelectWnd TSEL_AcceptButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify RaidWindow RAID_AcceptButton leftmouseup
/no=/multiline ; /squelch /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_NoButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_No_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Cancel_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TradeWND TRDW_Cancel_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify GiveWnd GVW_Cancel_Button leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify ProgressionSelectionWnd ProgressionTemplateSelectCancelButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify TaskSelectWnd TSEL_DeclineButton leftmouseup ; /squelch /notify RaidWindow RAID_DeclineButton leftmouseup
None of this even has the cwtn aliases. You have to have the aliases for the aliases to work. the above only has "/tloc", "/yes", and "/no"

RedCents
340¢
Copied and pasted the Aliases above the this gooblie goop which was under the Aliases tab in my macroquet ini. Once that was done it started working.
Now I need to create a invisi hotkey to move my team around.

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,944¢
Copied and pasted the Aliases above the this gooblie goop which was under the Aliases tab in my macroquet ini. Once that was done it started working.
Now I need to create a invisi hotkey to move my team around.
it is not gobblie goop.

an alias is a command that allows you to do other stuff you've predefined. > alias <

if in your alias section you had
/goop=/shout not goop and typed /goop, your character would then execute "/shout not goop"

/yes allows to type /yes and then it clicks yes to dialog boxes
/no allows you to type /no and then it clicks no to dialog boxes
/tloc allows you to type /tloc and then you get a target location with their ID and name in it (i don't personally use this and i have no use for it)

I personally keep my alias list rather small

I have the /yes and /no ones from above, and then i have these ones

INI:
/cwtnra=/dgae /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/revive=/multiline ; /notify RespawnWnd OptionsList listselect 1; /timed 15 /notify RespawnWnd RW_SelectButton leftmouseup

Users who are viewing this thread