• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DanNet

Plugin - MQ2DanNet (1 Viewer)

are there any download/install/setup instructions anywhere?
https://github.com/dannuic/MQ2Dan is the git for it with some info.

but there isn't really anything to download (it is included in the build)

there isn't really an install or setup - you just load the plugin.

if for some reason you don't see everyone when you do a /dnet info

then you do want to make sure that when you do a /dnet interface all of your toons are using the same interface.

for the purposes of multiple boxes on the same pc, the loopback interface is fine

The arrow is pointing to your currently selected interface device - if you have no arrow, you have nothing selected.

1644106152750.png

/dnet interface "Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1" with quotes is what i would do

you can use the number as well, but dannuic (who is the namesake, says to use the name when you can)

after you do that on everyone, you want to unload and reload the plugin on everyone, all the characters logged on at the time

/plugin mq2dannet unload

/plugin mq2dannet load

then doing a /dnet interface you can verify everyone sees the same one, and then a /dnet info should show all your toons

For multiple computers you won't want "loopback" you'll want your network device - Ethernet 3 for me, in the above image

you will want to ensure everyone is using their network device - if you have no arrow, you have nothing selected.

Last edited:

if for some reason you don't see everyone when you do a /dnet info, then you do want to make sure that when you do a /dnet interface all of your toons are using the same interface.

for the purposes of multiple boxes on the same pc, the loopback interface is fine

View attachment 37616

you can use the number as well, but dannuic (who is the namesake, says to use the name when you can)

after you do that on everyone, you want to unload and reload the plugin

/plugin mq2dannet unload

/plugin mq2dannet load

then doing a /dnet interface you can verify everyone sees the same one, and then a /dnet info should show all your toons
Thanks. I will do it after raids tonight.

if you have to use the ini, then i have failed
I wanted to see the formatting for the INI file. The formatting for the settings you have listed are... unconventional. I just wanted to make sure i was doing my initial setup correct.

especially this one

INI:
Groups -- |-delimited list of groups for all characters to auto-join, default empty

That's actually MQ-conventional and I hate it. I only made it that way because people were used to it. This was before I had yaml at my disposal.

That's actually MQ-conventional and I hate it. I only made it that way because people were used to it. This was before I had yaml at my disposal.
The formatting from MQ i am used to would look like Groups=Toon1|Toon2|Toon3|Toon4, the format in the description is entirely unfamiliar to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

It's a list of groups like
Groups=group1|group2|group3

a | (pipe) delimited list of groups. They are groups that all (or individual) characters auto-join.

so im loaded up with three toons, i can not get my toons to show up on /Dnet info just shows the one I do it on, ive not had an issue with dannet till now
Ive reloaded the plugin on everyone still nothing
Im on Dannet v0.7524
im running MQ2NEXT lastest on live
any help would be nice
not being able to communicate with my toons is annoying

so im loaded up with three toons, i can not get my toons to show up on /Dnet info just shows the one I do it on, ive not had an issue with dannet till now
Ive reloaded the plugin on everyone still nothing
Im on Dannet v0.7524
im running MQ2NEXT lastest on live
any help would be nice
not being able to communicate with my toons is annoying
Post in thread 'MQ2DanNet' https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mq2dannet.67218/post-507287

Check out this response a few posts back

My /dgae /makemevis commands arent working through dannet. Any ideas?
mq has some crashes and bugs atm. We have been taking down and putting it back as updates from the MQ devs become available

it is likely to be a little touch and go since everything is brand new 64bit.

thanks for understanding - we'll have it back up asap

this is a known one, so its not that you're doing anything wrong - hopefully it will be back soon

mq has some crashes and bugs atm. We have been taking down and putting it back as updates from the MQ devs become available

it is likely to be a little touch and go since everything is brand new 64bit.

thanks for understanding - we'll have it back up asap

this is a known one, so its not that you're doing anything wrong - hopefully it will be back soon
I guess i'll put all my buttons back to BCS for a bit then

Edit:

I do not know what I am doing wrong, I use /dnet info the group sees only themselves and auto-join the group leaders group. This happened after I was exiting MQ from the tray while the toons where loaded in eqgame. It works on another box but when I copy the configs over to this one it doesn't work. all on same PC, they are all using the same ethernet interface /dnet interface

I have unloaded and reloaded DanNet, re-allowed eqgame throught the firewall. Rebooted..

Edit: copied the whole working MQNext over, same deal.

Edit: Validate game assets, same deal.

Nuclear option incoming..

Edit:

This worked again..

ipconfig /flushdns #Clear the dns cache
nbtstat -RR #release and refresh NetBIOS names
netsh int ip reset #Reset the IP configurations
netsh winsock reset #Resets the Winsock Catalog to a clean state
netsh interface ip delete arpcache #Flushes the ARP cache for one or all interfaces
netsh advfirewall reset #Resets the policy to the default out-of-box policy

Last edited:
For some reason when DanNet is loaded and I run the Overseer macro I get the following error message "WARNING: Undefined Variable CWTN used on line [email protected] /if (${Window[OverseerWnd].Child[OW_OverseerActiveQuestsPage].Child[OW_AQP_CompletedLabel].Text.Find[10 / 10]}) {"

As soon as I unload it and run the macro it works. Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

For some reason when DanNet is loaded and I run the Overseer macro I get the following error message "WARNING: Undefined Variable CWTN used on line [email protected] /if (${Window[OverseerWnd].Child[OW_OverseerActiveQuestsPage].Child[OW_AQP_CompletedLabel].Text.Find[10 / 10]}) {"

As soon as I unload it and run the macro it works. Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?
That's probably caused by observing CWTN.Something in boxhud.
Make sure in your boxhud configuration where you've added CWTN properties, that you limit them to only be observed from classes which you've loaded CWTN plugins for.
For example, if you're running overseer.mac on a bard and boxhud somewhere is trying to observe CWTN.Mode on your bard, its going to break any macro your bard runs.

There's examples of how to properly add the CWTN TLO on the boxhud resource.

if for some reason you don't see everyone when you do a /dnet info, then you do want to make sure that when you do a /dnet interface all of your toons are using the same interface.
]

View attachment 37616

after you do that on everyone, you want to unload and reload the plugin

/plugin mq2dannet unload

/plugin mq2dannet load

If I do a /dnet info I see only the toon issuing the command. If I do a /dnet interface I have three lines not two. The first is "connection to local network" with two time the same IP.
I had the fiber installed recently could it be relevant ?

If I do a /dnet info I see only the toon issuing the command. If I do a /dnet interface I have three lines not two. The first is "connection to local network" with two time the same IP.
I had the fiber installed recently could it be relevant ?

Make sure that each toon is on the same interface. They should all be if on the same PC, but if you use multiple PCs or shared network folders for all characters to use the same MQ folder, you may have to get creative.

Example, I use 24 characters on my desktop and 12 on my laptop, but have a shared network folder between the two that all characters load MQ from. My desktop is connected with a LAN / Ethernet port and Laptop uses a Wifi (cable limitations). The issue is that my desktop defaults to interface 2 (ethernet) and my laptop defaults to interface 3 (wifi) and you can only have one interface saved in the MQ2Dannet.ini file. In order to get all characters on the same interface, I had to purchase a wifi to ethernet adapter for my laptop. Was like $20 off Amazon and allowed me to connect to interface 2 properly with laptop.

Obviously, if you are only using 1 PC, then this may not be the case.

To change your interface, I believe the command is /dnet interface # (where # is the interface that you want to set). You have to zone or camp for this to take effect.

Hi, I am trying to switch from eqbcs to dannet. I created a group for my rangers and they all auto join the group, I can see them listed there when I do a /dnet info. When I try to call /dgexecute rangers /rg AssistOutside 1 it echoes the command but it doesn't actually execute it on the rangers in the group channel rangers.

Am I missing something?

I also tried /dex rangername /rg AssistOutside 1 and it also doesn't execute the command.

Whats weird is other commands will execute.

I did a /dex rangername /fore and it moved that character to the foreground.

Is it just an issue with rgmercs?

This is very odd. some commands it will execute and others it will not.

For example. /dex ranger1 /target ranger2 doesn't work either.

I am starting to think I should just stick with eqbcs. Damn it, I really wanted to streamline my commands by sending them to custom dannet groups.

Last edited:
Hi, I am trying to switch from eqbcs to dannet. I created a group for my rangers and they all auto join the group, I can see them listed there when I do a /dnet info. When I try to call /dgexecute rangers /rg AssistOutside 1 it echoes the command but it doesn't actually execute it on the rangers in the group channel rangers.

Am I missing something?

I also tried /dex rangername /rg AssistOutside 1 and it also doesn't execute the command.

Whats weird is other commands will execute.

I did a /dex rangername /fore and it moved that character to the foreground.

Is it just an issue with rgmercs?

This is very odd. some commands it will execute and others it will not.

For example. /dex ranger1 /target ranger2 doesn't work either.

I am starting to think I should just stick with eqbcs. Damn it, I really wanted to streamline my commands by sending them to custom dannet groups.
I use dannet with my characters in saved groups. For example I run "/djoin blah save" on each group member, which permanently saves the members in the group called blah. I then use the dannet commands with the specific group name.

For example:
"/dgae blah /mac overseer" will run overseer for all of the group members (dgae is a shortcut for dgaexecute)
"/dge blah /mac kissassist assist tank" would tell all group members except the character executing the command to assist the tank (dge is a shortcut for dgexecute)

The basic commands are all here (https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2dannet.322/).

As long as you are seeing the characters using "/dnet info" it should mean everything is working ... and you just need to figure out the new command syntax. The new syntax is different than eqbc, but dannet works way better imho.

I use dannet with my characters in saved groups. For example I run "/djoin blah save" on each group member, which permanently saves the members in the group called blah. I then use the dannet commands with the specific group name.

For example:
"/dgae blah /mac overseer" will run overseer for all of the group members (dgae is a shortcut for dgaexecute)
"/dge blah /mac kissassist assist tank" would tell all group members except the character executing the command to assist the tank (dge is a shortcut for dgexecute)

The basic commands are all here (https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2dannet.322/).

As long as you are seeing the characters using "/dnet info" it should mean everything is working ... and you just need to figure out the new command syntax. The new syntax is different than eqbc, but dannet works way better imho.

No offense, but I don't think you read what I wrote. I used the documentation to come up with what I wrote and I was reporting that it didn't work. In fact my testing seemed to have flagged the accounts I used because they got suspended for cheating.

No offense, but I don't think you read what I wrote. I used the documentation to come up with what I wrote and I was reporting that it didn't work. In fact my testing seemed to have flagged the accounts I used because they got suspended for cheating.
I to had issues with rgmercs commands using dnet. Switched back to kiss and it worked fine. I think it's more of some type of communication issue with rgmercs

<shrug> No offense taken. I doubt the suspension was related to dannet though. They seem to be going after people for cheating very aggressively right now.

Getting this crash message every few hours, it has happened 5 times now all about 3 hours apart or so. Anyone have any ideas?

1650348323705.png

This issue has continued to happen on my main character only. Other characters are not having this issue at all. I made the assumption that perhaps it has to do with the amount of chatter being recieved by my main character related to muleassist. changing muleassist to dannet=0, which greatly limited messaging, seems to have helped this error go away. sucks because I really like to see the messages, but for now I will keep it off.

I tried to follow the instruction, but I can only see myself in the all channel..... all the other character does the same....
so if you followed those instructions, you will want to make sure you dont have any network or vpn issues blocking that traffic

• Some complicated network topologies won't be supported (a server interface is a better solution)
  • If for some reason the peers aren't self-discovering on a local network
    • check the output of /dnet interface
    • set one of the discovered interface names with /dnet interface "<name>"
    • unload and then reload the plugin
    • if you are using a VPN you need to ensure that your VPN isn't blocking local traffic
    • > post with pictures here <
    • failing that, I'll have to look into why, so contact Danuic with as much info as possible

so if you followed those instructions, you will want to make sure you dont have any network or vpn issues blocking that traffic

• Some complicated network topologies won't be supported (a server interface is a better solution)
    • if you are using a VPN you need to ensure that your VPN isn't blocking local traffic
    • failing that, I'll have to look into why, so contact Danuic with as much info as possible
The arrow!! I lost the arrow...... After I see the arrow, everything works fine....... Thanks Sic....

if for some reason you don't see everyone when you do a /dnet info

then you do want to make sure that when you do a /dnet interface all of your toons are using the same interface.

The arrow is pointing to your currently selected interface device - if you have no arrow, you have nothing selected.

View attachment 37616

after you do that on everyone, you want to unload and reload the plugin on everyone, all the characters logged on at the time

/plugin mq2dannet unload

/plugin mq2dannet load

This post has literally saved my life!

I once left a VPN running on a particular machine and spent an hour trying to figure out why Dannet was not working before I remembered I had a VPN running.

weird quirk, if you have two groups in the same zone but different instances in that zone (thinking the KV mission), the /dgza commands will mess with them both even though they arent in the same "zone". Found this out last night when a group just ended up paused sitting there.

Plugin - MQ2DanNet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back