• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DanNet

Plugin - MQ2DanNet (1 Viewer)

Hello.

I hope this is the right place to post this question. I also did try searching without any luck.

I run a 6 box team, I'm currently using 5x CWTN plugins (hurry up with BRD.. OMG!). My playstyle puts me in a camp /assist mode most of the time. Sometimes I want to run over and knock out a named for the hunter achievement, then head back to my camp. To make said run I switch to each toon using a CWTN plugin and change the mode to Vorpal. Get to new area and change them all back to Assist, then repeat heading back to my camp.

I see with DanNet I can send commands from one toon to all the others. This seems perfect, except each CWTN plugin uses a class prefix for the command to change modes, making each toon need a (slightly) different command. I should also mention I like minimizing buttons. So as it is I think I need multiple social buttons to the mode of my toons. My question is: Am I missing something? Adding more buttons is fine, less buttons is just cleaner.

Thanks all.

Hello.

I hope this is the right place to post this question. I also did try searching without any luck.

I run a 6 box team, I'm currently using 5x CWTN plugins (hurry up with BRD.. OMG!). My playstyle puts me in a camp /assist mode most of the time. Sometimes I want to run over and knock out a named for the hunter achievement, then head back to my camp. To make said run I switch to each toon using a CWTN plugin and change the mode to Vorpal. Get to new area and change them all back to Assist, then repeat heading back to my camp.

I see with DanNet I can send commands from one toon to all the others. This seems perfect, except each CWTN plugin uses a class prefix for the command to change modes, making each toon need a (slightly) different command. I should also mention I like minimizing buttons. So as it is I think I need multiple social buttons to the mode of my toons. My question is: Am I missing something? Adding more buttons is fine, less buttons is just cleaner.

Thanks all.
Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

i have a hotkey guide that addresses this specifically

Hello.

Thanks all.
When you're relocating, you shouldn't use vorpal. Either use chase mode (if you want them to fight along the way) or manual mode and pause plugin with /afollow (if you want to invis move).

When you're relocating, you shouldn't use vorpal. Either use chase mode (if you want them to fight along the way) or manual mode and pause plugin with /afollow (if you want to invis move).
Got it. Does Chase use NAV or autofollow? I might be doing this wrong as well, but I've got in the habit of hitting Vorpal (I think I'll change to Chase), running off a bit with my tank then hitting Come To Me since it uses NAV. As long as I keep moving they keep following and recalculating the path. If I stop and fight the rest join when the catchup. I don't get in too big of a hurry, meaning I don't invis to get somewhere normally and just kill as I go if needed.

Got it. Does Chase use NAV or autofollow? I might be doing this wrong as well, but I've got in the habit of hitting Vorpal (I think I'll change to Chase), running off a bit with my tank then hitting Come To Me since it uses NAV. As long as I keep moving they keep following and recalculating the path. If I stop and fight the rest join when the catchup. I don't get in too big of a hurry, meaning I don't invis to get somewhere normally and just kill as I go if needed.
Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

i have a movement guide and a hotkey guide, should give that a looksie

Meh...or just keep it simple. Make key on each char that changes modes, navs to your main tank, and mirror your keystroke

/zerk mode 0
/nav spawn Yourleadcharnamehere

Done....make that same key customized at each toon based on their class/plugin...then have everyone mirror. You can even get fancy and add invis, etc on your enchanter so the whole group will be invis on their journey. More than one way to skin a cat...

Cats Cat Attack GIF

i have a movement guide and a hotkey guide, should give that a looksie
I had a looksie. You've sent me there twice in this thread. I've had my hot keys working to change modes / pause / ect since the evening of your first reply. I can't say enough how much this site and plugins have increased my EQ enjoyment. Little things like changes modes from one screen without tabbing is a huge tie saver. What I can't find documented however is if Chase Mode uses NAV. I imagine it does (that would make the most sense) and I'll test when I get home to be certain. Autofollow sucks, I'd much rather use NAV. I wouldn't even have asked except the reply suggesting I use Chase Mode called out /afollow by name in Manual mode while invis'd. I did try and search the wiki before asking, I also went back and referenced your link.

You guys are doing a great job. But it can be difficult to find information, then when you do it can be overwhelming at least for someone with a non-programmer mindset.

I had a looksie. You've sent me there twice in this thread. I've had my hot keys working to change modes / pause / ect since the evening of your first reply. I can't say enough how much this site and plugins have increased my EQ enjoyment. Little things like changes modes from one screen without tabbing is a huge tie saver. What I can't find documented however is if Chase Mode uses NAV. I imagine it does (that would make the most sense) and I'll test when I get home to be certain. Autofollow sucks, I'd much rather use NAV. I wouldn't even have asked except the reply suggesting I use Chase Mode called out /afollow by name in Manual mode while invis'd. I did try and search the wiki before asking, I also went back and referenced your link.

You guys are doing a great job. But it can be difficult to find information, then when you do it can be overwhelming at least for someone with a non-programmer mindset.
swapping to vorpal to move around isn't really a suggested thing, it certainly isn't something i've said or posted anywhere, which is why when people say things other than what i've suggested or recommended i try and point to that direction.

i personally keep everyone in chase full time unless i have people in manual mode - or paused, but outside of that, yup, full time chase

definitely don't move anyone around in vorpal (unless crawling, which i don't ever do) - but it certainly isn't meant for going in vorpal to then move around

swapping to vorpal to move around isn't really a suggested thing, it certainly isn't something i've said or posted anywhere, which is why when people say things other than what i've suggested or recommended i try and point to that direction.

i personally keep everyone in chase full time unless i have people in manual mode - or paused, but outside of that, yup, full time chase

definitely don't move anyone around in vorpal (unless crawling, which i don't ever do) - but it certainly isn't meant for going in vorpal to then move around
Exploring New York GIF by Kimmy Ramone
@Sic movement strategy

Any idea why I get this error?
1657653645136.png
This is using VV Emu on Project Lazarus. I only get this error on my tank when I use DanNetOn=1 in the KA.ini. Five other toons in the group on the same computer all connect just fine...

Hello guys. I am hoping to get a better understanding of how DanNet works and to see if it can do what I would like.

I have been able to use statements like the ones below to make a button in Button Master Lua that can send a command to a specific character of mine, regardless of which toon I am on:

INI:
/dgae /if ($\{Select[$\{Me.Name}, CharacterName]}) /keypress 1
/dgae /if ($\{Select[$\{Me.Class.ShortName}, ENC]}) /keypress 1

After reviewing Sic's Hotkeys guide, I realized I could clean up these commands so the code in buttons was not flooded with these IF statements.

For example, I added this alias to my MacroQuest.ini:
INI:
/enc=/dgae /if ($\{Select[$\{Me.Class.ShortName}, ENC]})

So I can simplify my command above to:
INI:
/enc /keypress 1

The alias certainly cleans up my Button Master code and as long as I remove these aliases before using a CWTN plugin I should be fine. The thing with this approach is that my MacroQuest chat is then spammed with statements like this:

INI:
[ --> (all) ] /if ($\{Select[$\{Me.Class.ShortName}, ENC]}) /keypress 1

I believe I could turn off the command echo but I really don't want to do that as I feel it is important to see the confirmation of any action I do in the chat window. My window in the UI is small so that one line above wraps around. With a complicated multiline command one statement can take up half the window.

So one thing that bothers me that I'm not sure about is the /dex command. For all of the other DanNet commands such as /dgae and /dge, they basically have support to send a command to all other peers including or excluding own. When I run a /dex command with the character name of the peer I am currently on, the MacroQuest chat displays the command in the logs but it does not execute. If I run the same command but send it to another client, the command works as expected. Here is an example from my chat log (I have MQ2RelayTells enabled):

INI:
/dex Character1 /tell Character2 hello
[ --> (Character1) ] /tell Character2 hello
/dex Character2 /tell Character1 hello
[ --> (Character2) ] /tell Character1 hello
[ --> (all) ] [22:10:11] Character2 sent Character1 a tell that said: hello

Is there a reason why the /dex command does not work to send a command to your own peer?

Thanks for your time.

I have another unrelated question regarding DanNet and writing Luas for MQNext. Is there a way to use DanNet in a Lua script I am working on that can can use it as a library (as apposed to actual commands in MQ)? If so could you provide me a link with some examples or any documentation on that usage?

One example of what I would like to do is have a Lua script be able to communicate with a character using DanNet to find out information on the character's active (and also ideally inactive) mercenaries along with if it is suspended or unsuspended. Using the MQ TLO for Group, I can get each groupmember object and identify each member Name and if it is a Mercenary. What I can't do though is find out which Member that Mercenary is owned by. I'm not sure yet if DanNet has access to that information but if it does I would be looking to access that information just like I can access the MQ TLO Group information from my Lua script.

I have some ideas on scripts I'd like to look into contributing so if you can provide any help in this regard it would be appreciated.

I have another unrelated question regarding DanNet and writing Luas for MQNext. Is there a way to use DanNet in a Lua script I am working on that can can use it as a library (as apposed to actual commands in MQ)? If so could you provide me a link with some examples or any documentation on that usage?

DanNet Helpers seems like what you're looking for.

One example of what I would like to do is have a Lua script be able to communicate with a character using DanNet to find out information on the character's active (and also ideally inactive) mercenaries along with if it is suspended or unsuspended. Using the MQ TLO for Group, I can get each groupmember object and identify each member Name and if it is a Mercenary. What I can't do though is find out which Member that Mercenary is owned by. I'm not sure yet if DanNet has access to that information but if it does I would be looking to access that information just like I can access the MQ TLO Group information from my Lua script.

The property you want is Owner. /lua parse mq.TLO.Group.Member(1).Owner(). That info is only available for characters in zone, though.

DanNet Helpers seems like what you're looking for.

The property you want is Owner. /lua parse mq.TLO.Group.Member(1).Owner(). That info is only available for characters in zone, though.

Awesome thanks for the info! I don't know how I missed the Owner property on the groupmember object. :shrug:

Thank you again for your help.

I think this is my best attempt, but doesn't work

macroquest.ini alias def:
[Aliases]
/allsay=/dgae /timed $\{Math.Rand[20,120]} /multiline ;  /target id ${Target.ID} ; /say

On my driver toon, want to do "/allsay ready", and have the group all say ready, but not all in the same microsecond ;)

I think this is my best attempt, but doesn't work

macroquest.ini alias def:
[Aliases]
/allsay=/dgae /timed $\{Math.Rand[20,120]} /multiline ;  /target id ${Target.ID} ; /say

On my driver toon, want to do "/allsay ready", and have the group all say ready, but not all in the same microsecond ;)
INI:
/allsay=/noparse /dgza /docommand /multiline ; /timed ${Math.Rand[10,150]}  /say ready

Ok got this working! I guess the weird thing that was throwing me, is the /timed command by default doesnt' parse anything, which requires using /docommand to get things parsed.

/rtimed=general alias for reusing random delay
/asay= entire group exept you say
/afellowship= everyone breaks invis and clicks to campfire

INI:
/rtimed=/docommand /timed ${Math.Rand[10,60]}
/asay=/dgze /rtimed /multiline ; /assist group ; /say
/afellowship=/dgza /rtimed /multiline ; /makemevisible ; /casting "Fellowship Registration Insignia" item

Ok got this working! I guess the weird thing that was throwing me, is the /timed command by default doesnt' parse anything, which requires using /docommand to get things parsed.

/rtimed=general alias for reusing random delay
/asay= entire group exept you say
/afellowship= everyone breaks invis and clicks to campfire

INI:
/rtimed=/docommand /timed ${Math.Rand[10,60]}
/asay=/dgze /rtimed /multiline ; /assist group ; /say
/afellowship=/dgza /rtimed /multiline ; /makemevisible ; /casting "Fellowship Registration Insignia" item
Yah, the way you were trying to do it was sending the same random time to all others. :)

Is there a way to have one of my 6 toons online disconnected from dannet temporarily? I was looking for some command but not finding it.
you can unload dannet on that toon if you wanted

/plugin mq2dannet unload noauto

you can also use /dleave functionality, but you'd have to leave a bunch and then rejoin later

OK, running into something. Knowing the error could be between keyboard and chair I am not calling it a bug yet. I am seeing odd behavior using DanNet.Peers[x] after a character logs. It seems like the peer is removed from 'DanNet.PeerCount' and from the string output by 'DanNet.Peers' but still appears in the results returned from 'DanNet.Peers[x]'. Here is what I see:

INI:
/echo ${DanNet.PeerCount}
/echo ${DanNet.Peers[1]}
/echo ${DanNet.Peers[2]}
/echo ${DanNet.Peers[3]}
/echo ${DanNet.Peers[4]}
/echo ${DanNet.Peers}

Output:

server_name1
server_name2
server_name3
server_name4
server_name1|server_name2|server_name3|server_name4|

Camp one character:

server_name1
server_name2
server_name3
server_name4
server_name2|server_name3|server_name4|

Reload character:

server_name1
server_name2
server_name3
server_name4
server_name1|server_name2|server_name3|server_name4|

Also reproduced using the equivalent in Lua, and extends if multiple names drop. Can work around it by parsing the names in 'Peers' but 'Peers[x]' would be handy if it could be made to work.

What are you trying to do? You can set up an observer/use a query for specific buffs/conditions. But when you ask about "debuffing information", that suggests wanting to know if a DanNet peer is performing a debuff activity.

What are you trying to do? You can set up an observer/use a query for specific buffs/conditions. But when you ask about "debuffing information", that suggests wanting to know if a DanNet peer is performing a debuff activity.
I need my toons to cure each other when cures are on. They stopped doing it.

Plugin - MQ2DanNet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back