• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DanNet

Plugin - MQ2DanNet (1 Viewer)

Hi,
I have one RedGuides account and I am running two computers. One has my 6 toons on it and the other is being used by my girlfriend and she has her 6 toons on it. We have run into a complexing issue. I think that the MQ program is somehow linking the two computers and I don't know how to delink them and it is causing multiple deaths and lots of frustrations.

When using the command "/dge /mac kissassist" or "/dge /end" on computer 1, the program is issuing the same command on computer 2, affecting all the other toons in the other group. This is happening with many of the other commands too. Is there any way to stop this? or a different way to write the commands that will only affect the group on one computer and not on the other computer? Currently I am using an indvidual hotkey on each toon but would like to do a group command, if possible.

Thanks
I think you need to use /dgge or /dgga as that sends the commands exclusively to the chars in your in game group. The /dge or /dga sends the commands to all of the chars connected to your peer network. Try switching that and see if it gives you the results you're looking for.

Hi,
I have one RedGuides account and I am running two computers. One has my 6 toons on it and the other is being used by my girlfriend and she has her 6 toons on it. We have run into a complexing issue. I think that the MQ program is somehow linking the two computers and I don't know how to delink them and it is causing multiple deaths and lots of frustrations.

When using the command "/dge /mac kissassist" or "/dge /end" on computer 1, the program is issuing the same command on computer 2, affecting all the other toons in the other group. This is happening with many of the other commands too. Is there any way to stop this? or a different way to write the commands that will only affect the group on one computer and not on the other computer? Currently I am using an indvidual hotkey on each toon but would like to do a group command, if possible.

Thanks

Is there anyway to have a particular peer on the DanNet network ignore a command from another peer? (IE: /dgzaexecute /"command") I have a character in group that I do not want to respond to anything issued with the commands through DanNet, but yet I want the other characters to execute the pass through command. I do want DanNet to be running on that particular peer because then the merc toons will still interact with that peer. Hope that makes sense.

Is there anyway to have a particular peer on the DanNet network ignore a command from another peer? (IE: /dgzaexecute /"command") I have a character in group that I do not want to respond to anything issued with the commands through DanNet, but yet I want the other characters to execute the pass through command. I do want DanNet to be running on that particular peer because then the merc toons will still interact with that peer. Hope that makes sense.
Not sure if that is possible, but you could make a Dannet group, put all of your toons that you want to respond to in that group, and then send commands to that group versus the normal dgga, dgge commands.

INI:
/dgae allbutthat1toonnameiwantexcludedhere /camp

on that toon you can leave all the channels /dleave channelname
/dleave all
/dleave rog
/dleave melee

Not sure if that is possible, but you could make a Dannet group, put all of your toons that you want to respond to in that group, and then send commands to that group versus the normal dgga, dgge commands.

on that toon you can leave all the channels /dleave channelname
/dleave all
/dleave rog
/dleave melee

Thanks a ton guys. I completely missed these in the DanNet Wiki page. Not sure how I could have missed it. But that's the great part of this community. Even though it was literally in front of my face, I got helpful suggestions anyway that actually made me go back and look for it instead of a snarky comment about it. You guys are amazing! :dance: 🙏

I wanted to give some feedback as I just tried to implement this solution for myself. It appears that /dleave <all> doesn't do anything with or without the save function added. Verified that it doesn't change the config .ini as there isn't really anything in there anyway until you add specific groups/channels and save them. It appears that all characters if not in a specific group/channel created with /djoin command, will always be listening for some sort of global input if no group/channel only command is issued in relation to the "all" group/channel. Only until you put all characters into individual groups can you exclude characters from listening by always using /dga and /dgae <group> command to the characters you want to be listening. If you execute other global commands (such as /dgz or /dgze) without group designation, it will still go to all clients to a unchangeable "all" group. Of course, with other restrictions as the command I listed is for all clients in the current zone will get the command exclusively.

Also, if issuing a /dnet info command, it will always list an "all" group/channel without a way to seemingly exclude clients to that particular group/channel no matter if you create a separate group/channel for your characters, and then try to leave the "all" group/channel or vice versa. I am assuming this is by design, as I am sure it might break something if you offer no way for clients to connect in some fashion?

I wanted to give some feedback as I just tried to implement this solution for myself. It appears that /dleave <all> doesn't do anything with or without the save function added. Verified that it doesn't change the config .ini as there isn't really anything in there anyway until you add specific groups/channels and save them. It appears that all characters if not in a specific group/channel created with /djoin command, will always be listening for some sort of global input if no group/channel only command is issued in relation to the "all" group/channel. Only until you put all characters into individual groups can you exclude characters from listening by always using /dga and /dgae <group> command to the characters you want to be listening. If you execute other global commands (such as /dgz or /dgze) without group designation, it will still go to all clients to a unchangeable "all" group. Of course, with other restrictions as the command I listed is for all clients in the current zone will get the command exclusively.

Also, if issuing a /dnet info command, it will always list an "all" group/channel without a way to seemingly exclude clients to that particular group/channel no matter if you create a separate group/channel for your characters, and then try to leave the "all" group/channel or vice versa. I am assuming this is by design, as I am sure it might break something if you offer no way for clients to connect in some fashion?
Do /dnet info
then do /dleave all
and see if you are still in the all channel.

/djoin all or /djoin channel to join a channel.

This is temporary until start up dannet again.

I use this for my bazaar traders when they are online. I know it works.
Might be different for all toons in the same zone.

update: after testing this out, it looks like you can't leave the zone channel or get immediately added back to it.
so if you are calling a /dgza or /dgga you can't escape the zone or group command if you in those.

I would try using the commands from the cheat sheet. You might be using some type of global command. like dge and dgz and dga. not sure what those do.

Attachments

• DanNet.png
    DanNet.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Do /dnet info
then do /dleave all
and see if you are still in the all channel.

/djoin all or /djoin channel to join a channel.

This is temporary until start up dannet again.

I use this for my bazaar traders when they are online. I know it works.
Might be different for all toons in the same zone.

update: after testing this out, it looks like you can't leave the zone channel or get immediately added back to it.
so if you are calling a /dgza or /dgga you can't escape the zone or group command if you in those.

I would try using the commands from the cheat sheet. You might be using some type of global command. like dge and dgz and dga. not sure what those do.
That is exactly what I was doing. Under no circumstance would the client leave the "all" channel. It would remain. Tried unloading and refreshing to no avail. Not sure how it is working for you and not for me executing the same commands. Either way, I have a workaround that functions fine using individual channels to separate it out.

That is exactly what I was doing. Under no circumstance would the client leave the "all" channel. It would remain. Tried unloading and refreshing to no avail. Not sure how it is working for you and not for me executing the same commands. Either way, I have a workaround that functions fine using individual channels to separate it out.
So my solution doesn't work? If you create a channel for allherebut1, and dex to the channel, shouldn't it process all but the 1 because he was excluded?

Making separate channels does work. Removing clients from the "All" channel does not work.
Well, that's ok then. If you have the other channels, just send all of the commands you want to process to that channel. That is probably about as isolated as you can get while remaining connected.

Been having a random DanNet crash lately - this is the box that pops up. Anyone got any ideas what's causing it? Seems to be on my Shaman, if that means anything?!

Thanks, in advance!

Attachments

• dannet crash.png
    dannet crash.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi.

yesterday I came across what I think is a problem, I quit out of the game (/dgae /exit) and I have a horrible feeling that the wife’s character exited as well, I’m hoping it was just bad luck though?

does /dgae work across multiple pc’s on the same network? If it does is there an easy way to exclude them?

thankyou

Hi.

yesterday I came across what I think is a problem, I quit out of the game (/dgae /exit) and I have a horrible feeling that the wife’s character exited as well, I’m hoping it was just bad luck though?

does /dgae work across multiple pc’s on the same network? If it does is there an easy way to exclude them?

thankyou
anyone connected to your dannet is going to exit as "/dgae" is "All in-game including self"

you can change your dannet settings to use loopback interface instead of ethernet

Dannet works across a subnet, not just a single PC.

So if Wife's PC is on the same subnet as your PC, you crashed her.

Depending on what you are doing, there are different approaches available.

If you just want YOUR PC; then alter your subnet. If you want just your raid `/dgra ...` if you want toons in the same zone `/dgza ...` etc.

Hi. I'm having an issue communicating from a character on one EQ server to another. I've tested with:
/dex server_char /say hi
/dtell server_char blah
These commands work for me when the character executing the command is on the same server as the target of the command, however, when I run them from a character on a different server it doesn't get to the target character.
Is there something I need to do to enable communications from one EQ server to a different one?
Note that the characters are all running on the same machine.
Thanks.

Hi. I'm having an issue communicating from a character on one EQ server to another. I've tested with:
/dex server_char /say hi
/dtell server_char blah
These commands work for me when the character executing the command is on the same server as the target of the command, however, when I run them from a character on a different server it doesn't get to the target character.
Is there something I need to do to enable communications from one EQ server to a different one?
Note that the characters are all running on the same machine.
Thanks.

See this link for formatting for cross server/cross game tells. There is a different leading character you need to use.

I'm confused about what you're trying to say. Your link pertains to EQ cross-server communications, however, my question is specific to dannet commands and not EQ communications. But maybe I'm missing something.

You are sending a command via dannet to a character to send a tell to a character on another server. The format for cross server tells is in the link. Try sending the tell directly from one character to another without the dannet command, once you get that working you can stick the dannet command on the front.

You are sending a command via dannet to a character to send a tell to a character on another server. The format for cross server tells is in the link. Try sending the tell directly from one character to another without the dannet command, once you get that working you can stick the dannet command on the front.
I dont think you'd want to do that way.. Sending mq commands in an actual EQ channel might be monitored/tracked..

Whereas, if you're sending a MQ command via the dannet channels, it would only traverse internally on your local network (or vpn connected networks if you had the config set up right for tunnelling etc) and would issue to the far client as a locally entered command..

Beginner here, and in another plugin discussion, someone was mildy amused i was still using eqbc, and suggested using this....so i am converting over. One of the things i did was sent the party a pause command on class plugins. with eqbc i could /bcg /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on

this doesnt work as it sends my shortname....What is this ones way?

Beginner here, and in another plugin discussion, someone was mildy amused i was still using eqbc, and suggested using this....so i am converting over. One of the things i did was sent the party a pause command on class plugins. with eqbc i could /bcg /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on

this doesnt work as it sends my shortname....What is this ones way?
You need to "noparse" it.

Look at my hotkeys guide in the cwtn sticky Info.

Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

This may be a question with an obvious answer but I couldn't find it in the documentation:
Is /dg equivalent to /dgae? If not, how is /dg different?
Things just will match the short

Like /makemevis is really /makemevisible so /make would probably work it if there wasmt something else it matches first

Can anyone point me in right direction, i have used eqbc for years and never had an issue connecting laptop to control other characters
I am new to dannet and trying to get working. It will connect the characters on the laptop or the desktop using the local 127.0.0.1 interface
But cannot connect together, neither desktop or laptop sees the other, /dnet interface just shows that computers ip and 127.0.0.1, not showing the ip of the other computer.
I have tried disabling firewall etc but no joy.
The network is nothing fancy, running standard router with 255.255.255.0 as the subnet

Any clues as to why, thanks for any input :)

Can anyone point me in right direction, i have used eqbc for years and never had an issue connecting laptop to control other characters
I am new to dannet and trying to get working. It will connect the characters on the laptop or the desktop using the local 127.0.0.1 interface
But cannot connect together, neither desktop or laptop sees the other, /dnet interface just shows that computers ip and 127.0.0.1, not showing the ip of the other computer.
I have tried disabling firewall etc but no joy.
The network is nothing fancy, running standard router with 255.255.255.0 as the subnet

Any clues as to why, thanks for any input :)
127.0.0.1 is your computer, it is saying "connect home to myself"
check the instructions tab, there is a link on how to setup with your interface device

Thanks for the responce Sic, yeah i have tried doing those checks, they just dont want to see each other.
All i can get them to see is there own ip and the loopback ip with the /dnet interface, chars on each computer work fine set on the loopback interface, so dannet is working.
The desktop does show an extra ip on the interface selection, and have no idea on what that is (192.168.52.1) the laptop just shows its ip and loopback
I know its something stupid on my end, but cant seem to find it lol.

I will keep trying, but guess i will have to stick with eqbc for now

Just as a side note, i play emu only, doubt that will have any relevance with using rof2 client, just for info

Cheers

Hi All,
I have recently run into a problem. It shows the following symptoms:
- Using MQGrind today, my leader says 'Ready' and zones in, but the rest doesn't. When I type 'Ready' manually on all, they zone in, but don't do anything (no chase no nothing)
- Using BoxHUD, it only detects one toon, but not all of them
- Using the command /dgza taskquit, which worked fine a couple of months ago, does nothing to my other toons now.

I didn't change anything over the months (which may actually be the problem?). I have 'Launch EQBCS with MQ' checked as always, and EQBCS seems to register what I am doing.
Using /dnet info on the other hand gives me only 1 char back, not all 6 of them.

Appreciate your help.

Hi All,
I have recently run into a problem. It shows the following symptoms:
- Using MQGrind today, my leader says 'Ready' and zones in, but the rest doesn't. When I type 'Ready' manually on all, they zone in, but don't do anything (no chase no nothing)
- Using BoxHUD, it only detects one toon, but not all of them
- Using the command /dgza taskquit, which worked fine a couple of months ago, does nothing to my other toons now.

I didn't change anything over the months (which may actually be the problem?). I have 'Launch EQBCS with MQ' checked as always, and EQBCS seems to register what I am doing.
Using /dnet info on the other hand gives me only 1 char back, not all 6 of them.

Appreciate your help.
Check the Dannet instructions tab.
You also need to ensure that eqgame.exe is allowed across your windows firewall (I had that popup yesterday on my win 11 laptop)

Plugin - MQ2DanNet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back