• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile v1.3 (1 Viewer)

Guys let me know if this nokos doesn't work... I found an issue with the code and made a change that makes me about 90% sure it works, but I haven't had time to test it. I wanted to push this out as fast as possible. Remember, the command is /nokos, not /ghost. Let me know...

-CodeCaster

Uh... incorrect client version?

I gotta get dinner real quick and I'll come update to the "b" zip and see if I can figure out what could be causing your problem. This loads just fine on my machine. Be back in like 15 minutes. Going to remove the zip until I can update it. Keep checking back.

-CodeCaster

Ok updated to "B" revision and everything should be good to go now. Sorry about the wait today, guys. We had a million things going on at work today. ;)

-CodeCaster

Workin great for me, but I haven't used all the plugins yet, because I don't have use for most of them. Great work Code.

Have most of the plugin's running and they are working great .... except ..... the damn docrackwnd which CTD

rawwar said:
Have most of the plugin's running and they are working great .... except ..... the damn docrackwnd which CTD

DoCrackWnd works just fine. Stop clicking the offsets that show up in red. ;)

-CodeCaster

thanks for the compile code. Nokos still does the same thing though :( warps me back to spot i did /nokos at

codecaster said:
DoCrackWnd works just fine. Stop clicking the offsets that show up in red. ;)

-CodeCaster
Had same problem....

Loaded up docrack .... hadnt turned any offsets on yet... type /docrackwnd and I CTD ...

Sklark said:
Had same problem....

Loaded up docrack .... hadnt turned any offsets on yet... type /docrackwnd and I CTD ...

Do you not have the xml in your UI folder? That will cause CTD... It works perfectly fine on all 3 of my machines...

-CodeCaster

deph2 said:
do you have a cpp for your mq2moveutils? i'd kill for it....

Yes I use the cpp from mq2 VIP, slightly modified for my compile. I don't release my cpp tho... My modifications are sometimes why people keep coming back to my compile. ;)

-CodeCaster

bigdaddy said:
mq2moveutils crashes me.. anyone else havin that prob?

Believe me, that plugin works for sure. It's the very first one I load every time I compile and test it extensively, because I use it myself. ;) Like I always say, make a clean MQ2 directory and reboot.

-CodeCaster

orog58 said:
any luck on nokos yet?

Not yet man... I was messing with it earlier tonight and I'm starting to lean toward this being nerfed completely. There are now two checks going on, one of which will dump you to server select shortly after messing with it. I'm still on the case, but don't get your hopes up.

-CodeCaster

codecaster said:
Not yet man... I was messing with it earlier tonight and I'm starting to lean toward this being nerfed completely. There are now two checks going on, one of which will dump you to server select shortly after messing with it. I'm still on the case, but don't get your hopes up.

-CodeCaster

Why is it that when you can't do something you say it is nerfed or something along those lines. Most of the time it's your skill/knowledge and not the 'nerfage', if something doesn't work say I don't know and move on, I'm sure someone else (like in this case, Galuwven for example) can help you out.

odessa said:
Why is it that when you can't do something you say it is nerfed or something along those lines. Most of the time it's your skill/knowledge and not the 'nerfage', if something doesn't work say I don't know and move on, I'm sure someone else (like in this case, Galuwven for example) can help you out.

Now that I know Galuwven has it working, I no longer think it is nerfed. Now that I have information that I did not have before I made that post, my opinion has changed. In fact, now that I know someone has it working, I am more motivated than ever to find the answer to the problem. After all, the "all this work might be pointless because it's nerfed" thought is completely laid to rest.

odessa said:
if something doesn't work say I don't know and move on

That makes you different from me. I don't give up and move on. I keep working at it. I don't agree with your "give up and move on" mentality at all.

Further, I did not say it was nerfed. I said I thought it might be nerfed, and that I was still on the case.

Again, you attack unprovoked. Please do a couple 'ooo-sahs' before you hit submit once in a while, and attempt to have some tact.

-CodeCaster

Odessa should just stay out of it, if you don't have anything contructive to say, don't say anything obviousl;y you don't like ode so leave him alone

also any reason you can think of why eq crashes when camping etc., sometimes when gating also

Last edited:
CTD when zoning with MQ2 on. Piggyzone maybe? That is the only plugin I have loaded other then the ones that normaly load on start up.

I'm going CTD when trying to log in from the character select screen, but only after using /camp desktop. I loaded each plugin one by on ingame and just camped to the charater select screen, then logged in again, and everything worked fine. But still CTD when trying to load after /camp desktop. Here's the plugins I have loaded:

mq2labels
mq2itemdisplay
mq2custombinds
mq2fps
mq2map
mq2bzsrch
mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix
mq2rwarp
mq2hud
mq2superduperreallyghettospeed
mq2twist
mq2exptrack
mq2gmcheck
mq2csum
mq2copen
mq2nolevitate
mq2moveutils
mq2docrack

And yes, the have unzipped the lastest compile to a fresh folder and rebooted...

Any ideas as to what is going on?

maddog said:
any reason you can think of why eq crashes when camping etc., sometimes when gating also

This isn't happening to me... Can you give me any more information? Based on a couple other posts here, I'm beginning to think PiggyZone might be causing us some problems. Try unloading it and using RWarp to /gate and try camping to see if the problem persists. Really the only reason to use Piggy at this point is to chainshift, which I can easily add to RWarp if Piggy becomes a problem.

methos237 said:
I'm going CTD when trying to log in from the character select screen, but only after using /camp desktop. I loaded each plugin one by on ingame and just camped to the charater select screen, then logged in again, and everything worked fine. But still CTD when trying to load after /camp desktop.

A lot of times what can happen is a certain plugin will be trying to do something (namely, a DoCommand) while not yet inside the world. This often causes crashing at character select. I know the old MQ2GMCheck did this type of stuff as well, and you had to just load it once you were in the game.

Try disabling a group of the plugins and doing a /camp desktop again and seeing if it still does it, if it does, you know that you still have a broken plugin loaded. Keep disabling groups of plugins until it starts working properly, then reload the group you unloaded last and unload the group you had loaded for the last state that tested good. Keep swapping them out until you find the plugin that is causing the problem, and I will fix it within a couple hours of getting the message. ;)

D1MADMAN said:
CTD when zoning with MQ2 on. Piggyzone maybe? That is the only plugin I have loaded other then the ones that normaly load on start up.

I have both of them loaded and I am not CTDing at all... If this were a widespread problem, I think there would be an assload more posts about it here. Granted there have been 2 or 3, but the download count on this build is approaching 350-400... Not too sure what could be causing that one. Try unloading PiggyZone before you zone and see if you still crash. If you do, let me know and I'll take a look at it.

For what it's worth, I haven't had any of these problems on any of my 3 machines... Let me know what you find while troubleshooting, guys.

-CodeCaster

CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile v1.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back