• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile v1.3 (1 Viewer)

maddog said:
mochila should just stay out of it, if you don't have anything contructive to say, don't say anything obviousl;y you don't like ode so leave him alone

Don't tell me who I do and don't like. Thanks. I'm both odessa and code fans, and I don't know how you could say that I don't like either of them by me posting what I did. Go try to start something in another thread.

P.S. Learn2Type

Galuvwen said:
MQ2Melee is causing crashes when zoning. Its trying to access Char info before you are done zoning.

methos237 said:
found the problem plugin.... mq2nolevitate

Outstanding information, gentlemen. Give me a few hours to work on these issues and I'll post a fix sometime tonight.

-CodeCaster

Heh that was a lot easier to fix than I thought... Let me know if the new posted compile works out well. ;)

Also, be on the lookout for a new NoKoS in the next few days. Make damn sure you all throw some Red Cents Galuvwen's way for sharing with me how to fix the NoKoS plugin!

-CodeCaster

don't really need nolevitate since levitate doesn't work lol, at least it didn't last night when i tried it

maddog said:
don't really need nolevitate since levitate doesn't work lol, at least it didn't last night when i tried it

MQ2NoLevitate has nothing to do with MQ2Levitate... MQ2NoLevitate stops all the people (and yourself) from bobbing up and down as a result of lev spells. ;)

D1MADMAN said:
CTD when using /doors on

Fixed.

-CodeCaster

Just supposed to be a non-offset version of the DoCrack I believe. Pretty sure you still have to jump into water to make it work just like the offset.

-CodeCaster

Last night I tried the new GMCheck plugin and the MQ2DPS plugin, and both of them caused me to crash to desktop (I used them seperately, too). I don't really have use for the dps, but the GMCheck would be nice for doing afk macros.

Did MQ2GMCheck just crash on load? What command did you execute that caused the crash?

I have tested each command of this plugin on my own machines and it works very well... are you sure you don't have both the new and the old plugins loaded or something of that sort?

I will take a look at MQ2DPS and post back.

-CodeCaster

Yeah the old one worked fine because it didn't actually do anything... It was like a normal super-who... I was looking at the code like what the hell did I include this for? Haha. I'll see if I can figure out what it causing this, as it is working flawlessly on all my machines.

-CodeCaster

I'm having issues with piggyzone
i have both rwarp and piggyzone loaded
warp and fade both working fine, but /zone gives me a bad short zone name error message, and /chainshift throws me an error about my Home Zone not being avaliable
am i missing a plugin or something? i'm not even sure where to go to try and fix this, so i figured maybe one of you would be able to tell me something

sgresham said:
/zone gives me a bad short zone name error message

What exact short name are you using to zone?

sgresham said:
/chainshift throws me an error about my Home Zone not being avaliable

This is kinda weird. I'll take a look at it in the morning. heading to bed for the night.

-CodeCaster

/zone seems to be working fine now, i think maybe me being shrouded at the time may have thrown off the plugin, as that changes your bind point to the shroud person in pok

Just to kind of help you out, you don't have to have piggyzone loaded when you have rwarp loaded. I only load rwarp and it does everything piggyzone does plus the /warp. I found that when I loaded both at the same time, I got a lot of bad.zone.shortname errors, but with just rwarp loaded, I didn't.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this... just sharing my expirances.

Alright, not having any issues now since i unloaded piggyzone, i guess all i was really curious about was why chain-zoning suddenly went bork for me.

I don't NEED to chain-zone, but it used to work fine simply by using /zone, and i wondered why it suddenly didn't work anymore.

I've always been a student of the if-it's-not-broken-don't-fix-it school of thought, so i don't relly understand why the plugin was changed to what it is now, but then again i don't write source for MQ so i can't really say much.

Anyways thanks for the help as usual, you guys always manage to help me out when i can't get something working right.

Glad it worked for you! No if only someone could figure out what's wrong with the new MQ2GMCheck... getting tired of editing it out of the Ini every time I want to log in....

I compiled a new build of this... I have thoroughly tested it and it loads and performs all functions exactly as it should. As soon as I get NoKoS built, which should be tonight, I will upload a new build of the compile.

-CodeCaster

Latest build posted. Addresses all issues brought to my attention over the last week, but needs to be tested thoroughly by you guys. ;)

Let me know how Nokos is working, and please try to recreate any problems you have been having with the last build and see if they still exist.

Merry Christmas!

-CodeCaster

I'm running your compile & the plugins that came with.

I am CTD EVERY time I leave one character and try to go to another. Never make it to the char. select screen. Also, I CTD when I /unload mq2.

It's a Windoze error message, NOT the one from MQ2/Sony.

Any guidance?

I normally run:
HUD
DoCrack (nostun, noencumber, noweather, envirofall, seeinvis)
Map
Twist
Autoforage
Speed

and that's it.

:confused:

" eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

in a seperate little Window.

Not much help. :P

Try unloading all plugins and doing it. I know that was an issue with DoCrack a long time ago, but I think they fixed it a while back. There might be a problem with MQ2 itself, so before I go wading through plugins, Let me know if that works.

-CodeCaster

I had this problem for a while it was well before I started running MQ2. I had to relaod EQ to get rid of it. Some told me it had to do with my window size. Not saying it is but I had a long horrible time with that. I tried deleting a lot of files from EQ also but was not help.

Know its not a lot of info but just my experience with the same exact problem. Was on 3 accounts to so not an account problem.

Druid said:
" eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

in a seperate little Window.

Not much help. :P

Ihave had this before as wel, usally a hard reboot foxes the problem. It is not a MQ issue cause I have got it without mq on. It wont let you even to the sever select screen, once you type in the password and hit enter it looks like it will load then ctd.

Just restart the computer and it should work just fine

I am having the same issue currently. I can open MQ and then EQ, however, if I log out of EQ and try to log back in, I get the error message from above "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem..." if I physcially delete MQ and recompile, I can load EQ up fine. Any ideas?

tsguy said:
I am having the same issue currently. I can open MQ and then EQ, however, if I log out of EQ and try to log back in, I get the error message from above "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem..." if I physcially delete MQ and recompile, I can load EQ up fine. Any ideas?
i had the same fucking problem. i had to re-download the compile twice, to get it to work correctly, after i patched EQ for 6 hours, rebooted, uninstalled video drivers, rebooted, reinstalled video drivers, rebooted, deleted MQ2, redownloaded, rebooted and then it worked lol. MQ2 was the problem :p

RE: CTD during the change of characters.

OK. Did a lot of experimenting.

It's in the DoCrack logic; I can't get it pinned down further.
I set up a macro with

/docrack noencumber on
/docrack nostun on
/docrack seeinvis on
/docrack envirofall on

When I tried 'em 1 at a time, worked fine. Even 2 at a time.
But when I ran 3 or more cracks, it blew up. Didn't matter which was involved.

I can run just fine, so maybe you dont have to fix this. I just run another macro turning off all the docracks when I want to log. Then it works just peachy: I log, go the char screen, and move on from there. So... I've got a work-around that works.

I run at least 4 docracks, and I have no problem camping and switching charachters. But they aren't cracks that have given problems before, such as nostun or whatnot.

Hey guys... I'm taking my laptop home with me for Christmas in case I get any down time to look at the DoCrack thing. I doubt I'll be able to do anything about it because I am not having the same problem so I won't even be able to test if a fix is working or not... I'll be back home on the 29th, but I might be out of sight for a little while due to my eye surgery on the day I get back here.

Can't wait to see what it's like to wake up in the morning and be able to see the alarm clock 1 foot from your face... I bet that's a cool feeling people take for granted. ;)

Merry Christmas, all.

-CodeCaster

Codecaster said:
No, but you DO get to make me a sig pic.

Just reformated and got my comp running with Photoshop installed - So sig making is back on for those i said id make them for , especially with time off over xmas period when im not in pub :p

CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile v1.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back