• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile v1.3 (1 Viewer)

The thing i am haveing trouble with is levatate i load the plugin then /levitate on, but it say levitate =0 then i dont float. (i sunk in the water) i had warp and ghetto speed loaded also. is there something i am doing wrong?

maddog said:
nokos is not working, says your ghosting but you get aggro just as if your were visible

Shitty... It worked for me when I tested it. I will check it out again when I get done with my surgery on the 29th.

-CodeCaster

Can I get a syntax example on mq2emotes? I've used all sorts of combos and it keeps spitting back the "use the proper syntax" message.

This is on the front page...

Rich (BB code):
/loademotes - Loads emotes from ini
/listemotes - Lists all active emotes
/addemote <slash command> <target|notarget> <emote text> - Creates new emote

Is this syntax not working? Let me know and I'll see what I can do if you are still having problems.

-CodeCaster

Nah, it doesn't work. For example..

/addemote /fart target farts does'nt work
/addemote fart notarget farts doesn't work
/addemote /fart playername farts doesn't work

Upon hitting enter, it fires back:

Usage: /addemote <slash command> <target|notarget> <emote text>

grats on the video card, Code. your compile, *cough* though i dislike precompiles, is rock solid. it makes me a hypocrite because I'd rather use your compile and be lazy rather than compile my own stuff. :P

Got my very first negative red cent today... On the original post of this thread, no less... ROFL!

Yeah, I do agree we need to have it set up to force a comment and signature on all negative red cents so we can know who and why. The current system really is entirely too anonymous.

Anyways, thanks for all the support guys! No worries... 1 negative cent for a thread with 4000+ views and almost 300 downloads isn't going to get me down! I'm sure it was just an accident anyway. ;)

-CodeCaster

Yeah, I do agree we need to have it set up to force a comment and signature on all negative red cents so we can know who and why. The current system really is entirely too anonymous.

I agree with you to a certain extent. The problem with that though, is it will open up an entirely new flame/negative cent war between people who receive the negative and the person that gave it to them. I'm not saying everyone will, but it will happen with some people.

Mochila said:
Need a why but not a who. It should be the why that matters anyways.

The problem with that, is someone could just type "asdjfhaksdfhkajshfkahskfhasfd" and give a negative cent with no reason anyway. I guarantee if it automatically told you who, there would be a lot less negative cents given in the first place. ;)

-CodeCaster

well, to be honest, what is the point to negative red cents anyway? I do understand that there are rewards for positive, but what happens for negative? Do you lose your account here? Charged more for access? lol. Seriously though, should there be negatives? Rewards here are given based off of your positive, so maybe it should be just that. The negative cents really just opens the field up to anger, flames, etc. etc. If you find out who you got the negative from, then some people will return that negative just because they can.

However with the negative red cents and positive the Admin can see who is posting them. If someone is flaming via redcents or not post a real reason for the negative; the negative redcent can be nulliffied by Admin and possible action can be taken out against the poster of said negative cent.

Keep in mind just like flames can be reported so can negative redcents

It would be nice to have a Red Cent list posted at the end of every month that showed top 20 in each category.

+Red Cent Given
-Red Cent Given
+Red Cent Received
-Red Cent Received

You don't need to know who gave who what but if one person is giving or receiving alot of -Red Cents...

Hey there. Nice compile Code. I have a question about the mq2gmcheck. What's the best way of using it? I loaded the plugin but does it automatically detect ongoing GM who log in? Atm there is a guide on the server and I suspect a GM around but gmcheck doesn't beep or alert. Help would be appreciated. Much thanks.

Yeah as soon as you load it, it starts watching for GMs and guides. It won't beep. but it will flash an alert in your MQ2 window when he zones in and when he leaves. You will often see a GM zone in then almost instantly leave. This is because when they zone in they are visible for a split second before the guide invis kicks in. GMs have another invis that doesn't do this, but guides do this often. This plugin even logs all the guides and GMs it sees to an ini. I just use the vanillia capabilities when I play normally and use the TLOs in my macros for AFK-ing.

-CodeCaster

Ah, I follow. Thanks. So if the GM doesn't use this type of invis, he won't be detected, right? I am guessing then that the plugin is not fool-proof.

I had thought the gmcheck plug-in could detect when a GM logs into the server. Is there a way for detection of a GM logging into the server? Am asking because trying to up the safety factor a bit.

Thanks for the reply.

Nope. There's no way to see when a GM logs into the server, and yes, GMs do have a type of invis that will render them undetectable by this plugin. This plugin provides almost no real safety of any kind, it's more of an informational tool and a little heads-up if a GM is dumb enough to try to spy on you without super-invis.

-CodeCaster

don't know if others have the same little problem but when I /zone to the following zones I have the message : your home is unavailable, return to character screen selection.

the zones are kithicor, rivervale and I have the problem on my 2 accounts.
all others /zone I tried are ok.

for the emote plugin I cannot make it work also.

and btw eqbcs is a must !

Ok updated the compile today.

NoKoS *appears* to be working for me... I went to dranik and ran around the zone with it on and got no agro. If it's not working for you, let me know what testing you have done and where and I will try to duplicate.

DoCrack is working flawlessly, after much testing and clicking on and off cracks in the window and opening and closing it rapidly and every other torture test I could think of, I could not even force this plugin to crash me or cause any problems with logging in or out.

I can't get MQ2Emote to work either, and I will try to find a working source since I can't really stare at a screen right now long enough to do any good myself.

I think MQ2Levitate just isn't going to work anymore. I messed with this for a while when I was at home, and I think I'm just going to remove it before I deploy if nothing else works.

MQ2Melee has been updated, as well as the HolyShits header source.

Update on the eye surgery: My son and I were playing after dinner the night of the surgery, and he poked me in my left eye hard enough to tear my cornea back open. It has since healed shut, but I still can't see very well out of that eye. Even tho my vision is 20/30 in that eye, Everything is still so hazy from the swelling on the cornea that I can barely keep it open. The right eye is 20/25 tho and is expected to get even better.

Thanks for all the red cents guys! Got a new rank a couple days ago!

Happy new year!

-CodeCaster

Great to see your back Code ... hope eye gets better.... have a weird one for you. has you or anyone ever had problems running your compile with WinEQ ... if i put a fresh load of your compile up and open wineq everything is fine. I then load some plugin's such as mq2twist, mq2bardswap, mq2moveutils, mq2docrack, mq2autoforage I can run the rest of that session just fine but the next time I log I get CTD's from login. I played with it for about a day then gave up and started another compile with all the same plugins even moved your mq2moveutils to other compile and moved all my ini files and everything is fine. I would try one plugin at a time but with having to relaod all my video settings everytime its a real pain. Just wondered if anyone else has had this prob. I run wineq cause I 4 box of one comp.

rawwar said:
Great to see your back Code ... hope eye gets better.... have a weird one for you. has you or anyone ever had problems running your compile with WinEQ ... if i put a fresh load of your compile up and open wineq everything is fine. I then load some plugin's such as mq2twist, mq2bardswap, mq2moveutils, mq2docrack, mq2autoforage I can run the rest of that session just fine but the next time I log I get CTD's from login. I played with it for about a day then gave up and started another compile with all the same plugins even moved your mq2moveutils to other compile and moved all my ini files and everything is fine. I would try one plugin at a time but with having to relaod all my video settings everytime its a real pain. Just wondered if anyone else has had this prob. I run wineq cause I 4 box of one comp.

Just did some testing and found the culprit... Go ahead and remove MQ2GMCheck from MacroQuest.ini and don't load it until I get get a fix in. Not sure what changed, but it always used to work just fine. *shrug*

-CodeCaster

Had my problems too with the compile in that /zone would sometimes give message "Your home town is unavailable. Booting to Character Selection Screen". And also when re-logging, would get an eqgame.exe has cause a problem and will close.

I just end up closing WinEQ, closing MQ2, re-unzipping MQ2, and re-patching EQgame.exe. Works although prob not best to keep things going =)

Features work well though - even gmcheck sniffed out few guides and gm's hanging around.

On another note, I can't seem to get /zone to work for DoD - anyone have luck? Thanks

medj said:
Had my problems too with the compile in that /zone would sometimes give message "Your home town is unavailable. Booting to Character Selection Screen". And also when re-logging, would get an eqgame.exe has cause a problem and will close.

Make sure you don't have MQ2GMCheck in your ini when you log in. If MQ is loading it automatically, you will crash at login every time.

medj said:
On another note, I can't seem to get /zone to work for DoD - anyone have luck?

Make sure you are using the correct short names for the zones. I don't have time to test it right at the moment, but I did make the needed modifications to MAX_ZONES and the inis to support DoD. What does it say when you try to zone into a DoD zone?

-CodeCaster

Ok, weird, two-boxing on the same comp.

MQ2Autoskills crashes on my pally everytime, however, on the same computer it does just fine on my ranger on /autoskills kick. Yet, for my pally /autoskills bash and /autoskills begging (was trying it on a stationary mob) CTD everytime on Pally....

bror said:
Ok, weird, two-boxing on the same comp.

MQ2Autoskills crashes on my pally everytime, however, on the same computer it does just fine on my ranger on /autoskills kick. Yet, for my pally /autoskills bash and /autoskills begging (was trying it on a stationary mob) CTD everytime on Pally....

Wow man... That one is a little over my head... *boggle*

I'll try to duplicate this and see what happens. I doubt I'll be able to do it tho...

-CodeCaster

Yeah, as it turns out, it was all the MQ2 devs fault, with the crashing on login and everything. ;)

Everything should be back to normal with the latest code update. New version 1.4 posted. Enjoy.

-CodeCaster

sorry to bother you . its been while i used mq2 . the warp commands is not working for me was wondering if there is anything i need to do before using them . no other command beside mapfilter is working actualy. thanks.

If you're using this compile, go ahead and upgrade to 1.4 - And you need to load the plugins before you can use the commands they add. Make sure you're reading all the non-syntax info in the first post of the current compile thread before using this stuff... The question you just asked is the #1 question I get 50 times every compile release. ;)

Good Luck

CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile v1.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back