• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Post your IRL Setup (1 Viewer)

I use a portable version of "Winsplit Revolution" (free), now renamed "MaxTo" and not anymore free (29€ life time licence).
With this, you can split your screen to display multiple window (4, 6, 9, ...x per screen). So you do not need to have "too much screens" on your desk.

Splitscreen_16-9[1].png

Technically, you can split a screen in what ever you want number.
Here, i can play 9 chars but if you split your side screen in 6, i can display the 4 screens up to 19 chars (3 full groups + the main char).

So you can play your main char on center screen (full screen) and alts on the sides.

Winsplit.jpg

Attachments

• WinSplit Revolution.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Mine started as a mobile station for my ps5 (i didnt want to be stuck in 1 room), now it also holds my laptop... legit a c table with wheels and a monitor arm, with the ps5 mounted to the base

Attachments

• 20220627_201415.jpg
    15.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20211204_203327.jpg
    15.2 MB · Views: 18
Getting on up there in years myself and don’t see that well anymore. But this is my setup. As I was setting up the media room in my house. The center monitor is a 4k 65” class and the sides are 55” 4k’s. Running a custom built I9 9900 with twin 2090’s in SLI with 64gig ram on an asus 390

Attachments

• 759C622A-89FB-4D55-9D15-FD3B6637B67C.jpeg
    759C622A-89FB-4D55-9D15-FD3B6637B67C.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 51
Getting on up there in years myself and don’t see that well anymore. But this is my setup. As I was setting up the media room in my house. The center monitor is a 4k 65” class and the sides are 55” 4k’s. Running a custom built I9 9900 with twin 2090’s in SLI with 64gig ram on an asus 390
An Ares, clearly a man of culture.

I had to revamp everything during Covid in 2020, so you get what you get. Low spec, hobbled together goodness from what I could find at retailers. All things considered I play nothing current and it does me just fine. AMD 3400G, two 24" Walmart specials for monitors, and a furniture board shelf. I figure another 3-5 years before anything needs replaced. Red dog ball for scale :)

Attachments

• 20230329_093340.jpg
    20230329_093340.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20230329_093332.jpg
    20230329_093332.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 19
I had to revamp everything during Covid in 2020, so you get what you get. Low spec, hobbled together goodness from what I could find at retailers. All things considered I play nothing current and it does me just fine. AMD 3400G, two 24" Walmart specials for monitors, and a furniture board shelf. I figure another 3-5 years before anything needs replaced. Red dog ball for scale :)
These are great builds to see. Do what you can to get the job done. Love it! 🙏

Very nice amp and head. I've always wanted to try out a PRS

-Taz
Oh yea man! I got it to be a backup to a handwired 1987x copy but im kind of digging it, it has a master volume which none of my botique ones have. The model is the HDRX20, Hendrix model. No reverb and no effects loop either but im old school :)

Oh yea man! I got it to be a backup to a handwired 1987x copy but im kind of digging it, it has a master volume which none of my botique ones have. The model is the HDRX20, Hendrix model. No reverb and no effects loop either but im old school :)
Very nice! I dig you style. Looks like a TC Ditto on you board, what are the two larger white pedals, a fuzz or ?

Ok, so kinda boring compared with most, but it doubles as a home office for the days I work from home. Nothing amazing, but runs my 6 crew quite well.

Attachments

• 20230402_200658.jpg
    20230402_200658.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
I see no dust and very little detritus on these set ups...how do you all do that?

I have post it notes, pens, notes on random papers, my still new plastic wrapped stuffed Fippy, hard plastic Godzilla, desk fan for me, and a ton of other stuff all over my desk. And a can of air. Which I use a lot for the computer because we live in a very dusty area.

My chair has a pillow on it, covers on the arms and prob some long hair stuck on the seat.

I think there was something growing out of the bottom of the keyboard last week but it either walked off or the air shot it away. :ripperjack:

I see no dust and very little detritus on these set ups...how do you all do that?

I have post it notes, pens, notes on random papers, my still new plastic wrapped stuffed Fippy, hard plastic Godzilla, desk fan for me, and a ton of other stuff all over my desk. And a can of air. Which I use a lot for the computer because we live in a very dusty area.

My chair has a pillow on it, covers on the arms and prob some long hair stuck on the seat.

I think there was something growing out of the bottom of the keyboard last week but it either walked off or the air shot it away. :ripperjack:

Just have to have a clean space personally. I use the note pads to keep notes on different quests, missions, loot, etc.

Very nice! I dig you style. Looks like a TC Ditto on you board, what are the two larger white pedals, a fuzz or ?
Its a fulltone wah < fulltone octafuzz < Deja vibe < Texas Twang > king of tone(clone) >tuner. Then behind guitars is a strymon looper and bigsky reverb. I swap pedals around allot but this setup i like for hendrix.

when i thought i could play guitar i had a les paul 1974 sunburst model, a bunch of pedals and a peavy amp. then i figured out that i couldnt play

Ok, so kinda boring compared with most, but it doubles as a home office for the days I work from home. Nothing amazing, but runs my 6 crew quite well.

I like the 2x curved. How does this setup work for you? Been wanting to get another 27 inch curved monitor but i was afraid of the view angles. Also looked at using 3 curved monitors but i believe i need a bigger desk lol

I like the 2x curved. How does this setup work for you? Been wanting to get another 27 inch curved monitor but i was afraid of the view angles. Also looked at using 3 curved monitors but i believe i need a bigger desk lol

They work amazing. Great views from all angles. I too wish I could have a 3rd but I ran into the same problem, desk space. Figured if I pushed too hard I would end up damaging wife faction. Need to keep that at amiable.

OBVIOUSLY was professionally staged for this photo shoot!

I have 2 dogs (that are SUPPOSEDLY hypo-allergenic) and 1 cat.. and a long haired wife... no such luck of ANY photo within 100 yards of my house with no hair in it..

neat and tidy is enviable, for sure!

They work amazing. Great views from all angles. I too wish I could have a 3rd but I ran into the same problem, desk space. Figured if I pushed too hard I would end up damaging wife faction. Need to keep that at amiable.

nah that looks good.. nice and clean ,and function is as important as form..

I went from 2 to 3, and I have a corner type desk similar to you.. but the only way was using a monitor desk mount with 3 arms.. and honestly, now I had to aim my kb/m, chair , and ME, at a strange angle.. and I'm less happy with it... Gotta have the right space to do it...

when i thought i could play guitar i had a les paul 1974 sunburst model, a bunch of pedals and a peavy amp. then i figured out that i couldnt play

i have a guitar... a yamaha acoustic.. I'm told it sounds good... it collects dust like a BEAST!

Curved monitors are amazing. I was worried with my setup at first too since I have them at all angles. But no worries there. It's amazing :D

Except the shelf board, that's gonna sag long before other stuff fails, bit easily swapped or stack another on top

Somewhere I have pics of an old setup I cobbled from only stuff could find at Kmart(world's biggest, but the only store of its kind where I was lol) when I moved there I shipped all my PCs USPS and that was it other than clothes and toiletries I took on the plane, so everything had to be replaced/built from Kmart stock.

Oh, and my internet was a single 3g dongle I shared across 5 machines daisychained lol, and that's how I raided current content at the time. You can always make stuff work from what's available, even if it's found on the side of the road lol(have a lot of stuff like that, I like cheap)

Last edited:
That is a sweet setup. I have an extremely bad and unfixable back so that looks like a dream setup. Is it DIY or did someone build it for you? If so, mind PMing me some info pls?
My wife was just saying the same thing!! she has a broken back and replaced knees, so she can barely play anymore due to the pain of sitting at the computer. Guessing I should see how feasible it is to get one of Doc's setups for her

my setup combined with my home stereo. not as fancy as some but the room itself carries a lot of memories from my younger years and allows me to listen to records while i play my groups or raid with our test crew

1696090908237.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...I feel kind of ghetto playing 6 on a $300 Amazon refurb Dell 15" laptop with a 7th gen i5, 16gb ram, and integrated graphics. Gets the job done though.
You are in the game, that is what counts. I have been using integrated graphics a few years also. One day the upgrade train will arrive in my town.

Wow...I feel kind of ghetto playing 6 on a $300 Amazon refurb Dell 15" laptop with a 7th gen i5, 16gb ram, and integrated graphics. Gets the job done though.
You shouldn't feel ghetto at all. Look at it this way, you spent $300 to do exactly what I do on a setup that cost upwards of 2k.

Makes me look kind of dumb doesn't it?

Enjoy what you have if it does what you need it to do.

Glad someone besides me runs a single monitor. I used to run a curved one but the living room needed an upgrade. That is when I get time to play again.
lol yeah im not gonna post mine lol 1 pos hp OLD monitor for my crew with Alienware Aurora pc and a $25 combo mouse keyboard headset combo from amazon lol Sics first pic made me cream a little

Not nothing special gets job done. Sony TV for Monitor Pc running a I5-7500 with 16 gigs ram ASRock H270 motherboard NVDIA GeForce GTX 780
Runs 6 Box's just fine for me. I just drive from one window the Sk and the rest just sit in background doing what they need to do so I really do not
need multiple monitors for my style play.

Attachments

• IMG_6414.png
    IMG_6414.png
    760.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6412.png
    IMG_6412.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Discussion - Post your IRL Setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back