• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (5 Viewers)

Hi guys,

I'm playing with MQ2 for the first time.
Watching Redbot's intro videos and following the instructions.
Two things I can't get working:
  • /nav commands work, but I can't get the nav UI to show. The command /nav ui does nothing.
  • I don't have the Mimic me, Follow me, and Come to me hotbuttons in my group window; only empty slots. How do I get these?
Thanks.
for nav, try reloading mq2nav
/plugin mq2nav unload
/plugin mq2nav load

for the buttons, you need to be in a group

sorry I'm new and just installed everything. When I first installed there were two windows one was MQ and the other was... I forget.

The MQ window is still there but now there's another invisible window. When I hover over it it shows the Windows mouse icon. I can drag and move it to the bottom right, which sort of "fixes" the problem, but when I log back in it goes back to the middle again.

Needless to say it's driving me crazy. I assume whatever this window is, it's important and I should be able to see it. Could someone please help???

Thanks ;)

It might be the window for MQ2Nav.

Try:

/plugin mq2nav unload

Then:

/plugin mq2nav load

After doing that typing the command "/nav ui" into the mq window should toggle displaying the in-game user interface.

BoThunder has some geometry inside these boxes. The mesh doesn't build inside them. Any way to change that?

Untitled-1.jpg

I am wondering if MQ2Nav could be modified such that it could move down a multi path request?

Something like this to allow it to nav to the first way point and then to the second (not sure how many in a chain you would want to support if you did allow it.

/nav mwp FistNamedWP SecondNamedWP

Or like this.
/nav mloc[yxz] 220 110 -5 ; 110 220 -5

The second one is more problematic mostly because you would need to define some separator for between locs to keep it more sane to look at.

I know there are times when the path ends up going through areas such that it looks weird. And using multiple locs in the nav path can make it more real.

and the third one i thought of was setting the ability to have a 0 to 10 foot random location from the destination as long as that spot is navigable. With an appropriate command to set that tolerance for each user.

With all the talk of things looking bot'ish, i thought this might be an idea worth trying.

You can with a macro run a gauntlet of locs or wp and move through them. But nav is a one and done, so it runs the command, if another is sent it stops the current one and starts the new one

Hey guys,
Is there a silent mode for MQ2Nav?
On one of my toons the mq2 window is just being spammed with navigation messages as he moves around.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-26 121227.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-26 121227.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 17
I'm still fairly new to all of this, but whenever I use a macro that needs to unload the MQ2Nav plugin, it will not reload on any toon without a full camp and exit of the game. I have also tested just unloading MQ2Nav without a macro, just the regular unloading method, and it still will not reload without full exit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'm still fairly new to all of this, but whenever I use a macro that needs to unload the MQ2Nav plugin, it will not reload on any toon without a full camp and exit of the game. I have also tested just unloading MQ2Nav without a macro, just the regular unloading method, and it still will not reload without full exit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
double check your macroquest2.ini

you will have a section in there that is [Plugins]
1618503756245.png

make sure it is

and not /mq2nav=1

All of a sudden /nav target is not working and I am getting the error message "No mesh file loaded", I have done /plugin mq2nav its not working.
did you accidentally reinstall VV to another directory and no you no longer have meshes in the directory that mq2 is looking?

if you have meshes you should be able to /nav reload

if you don't have meshes, you can run the mesh updater from the launcher
1618507671609.png

/plugin mq2nav
/nav ui
Always worked for me. I noticed a few updates ago that the /nav ui window is never there when I log in anymore and I have to unload and load to get it back.
In the settings under Mesh checkbox to auto update navmesh (if you are editing or replacing navmesh files)

hi sorry to have to ask this, after installing and running I have hit an issue where certain parts of my window are now not able to be clicked on its various area's of the screen, was wondering if there is a way to fix it. depending on what I am doing it seems to grow, starts on a fresh log in giving me a box on top left about 20% of the window wide and tall that my mouse cursor will become the windows version instead of the eq one. then it will start have similar areas the change through out the window. when the other mouse cursor is the wont be able to activate the games buttons or even if I just right click and try to move camera it will fail to move camera.

MQ2nav has a ui window that sometimes bugs out and ghosts your ui, quick fix is to unload mq2nav and load it again

/bcaa //plugin mq2nav unload
and then
/bcaa //plugin mq2nav load

Over the past couple days i've experienced issues with /nav, randomly, over 30 toons. No specific accounts, just all, randomly. sometiems it will affect 20 of the 30, 1 of the 30, 5, etc. Generally, logging to desktop and reloading character fixes the issue. I've verified that mq2nav is loaded, mq2 is loaded on the toon, etc.

When doing a come to me style nav:
1619539026026.png
When doing a /nav target style nav:
1619539063864.png
this shows mq2nav is loaded
1619539078732.png

I've re-installed mq2, all macros, all plugins.

Attachments

• 1619539041409.png
    1619539041409.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
mq2advpath is loaded also

Now, i'm also experiencing oddities on the chat mq2war plugin. Tank / sic tank / anything tank is not setting a campfire ring, so he is attackig nothing, and not sticking to anything

Over the past couple days i've experienced issues with /nav, randomly, over 30 toons. No specific accounts, just all, randomly. sometiems it will affect 20 of the 30, 1 of the 30, 5, etc. Generally, logging to desktop and reloading character fixes the issue. I've verified that mq2nav is loaded, mq2 is loaded on the toon, etc.

When doing a come to me style nav:
View attachment 29784
When doing a /nav target style nav:
View attachment 29786
this shows mq2nav is loaded
View attachment 29787

I've re-installed mq2, all macros, all plugins.
double check in your macroquest2.ini

under the {Plugins] section
it should be

mq2nav=1
not
/mq2nav=1
or
mq2nav =1

mq2advpath is loaded also

Now, i'm also experiencing oddities on the chat mq2war plugin. Tank / sic tank / anything tank is not setting a campfire ring, so he is attackig nothing, and not sticking to anything
that part is because mq2nav isn't correctly being detected that it is loaded - as you can see by not being able to use it. it is not "oddities" - you need mq2nav to use the camping features - and in your mq2 setup, mq2nav is not working correctly

is there a switch for strict pathing , i have a mesh and the toon trys to cut corners there is no blue on the corner so id think hed go around but he keeps cutting across the corner and this corner he gets stuck on ?

is there a switch for strict pathing , i have a mesh and the toon trys to cut corners there is no blue on the corner so id think hed go around but he keeps cutting across the corner and this corner he gets stuck on ?
you can re-make your mesh with a larger offset (which is the Agent Radius), or you can make some avoid/prefer areas

I do this in sathir's because of how the doors work
you can see me talking about it > HERE <

1619554855704.png

This issue is usually due to the compat flag in the registry.

mq2nav=1 is on my macroquest.ini file
it was working on all toons earlier today, now, again, not working on a handful (not all, just some)

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers.

Nav sometimes gets added there and then has problems loading.

I deleted that registry entry, rebooted my PC, same issue. Seems to be affecting the same toons this go around, not all, but some of them.

On all of my toons(kiss 12 and CWTN plugins) I am getting a dead spot on the screen. It's approximatley 6" by 7". I can't click anything within it nor can I pickup or drop anything in it or drag across it. I have swapped the monitor with my spare one and still have this problem. Anyone ever see this before within EQ? It only happens within EQ. Thanks

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back