• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (1 Viewer) 1.3.3

RedCents
130¢
Is there a way to make it where my puller stops running over traps? the trap shows up on the map, but he continuously chooses that path route in a wide-open zone.

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
10,863¢
Is there a way to make it where my puller stops running over traps? the trap shows up on the map, but he continuously chooses that path route in a wide-open zone.
you could block them out on your mesh - but i don't recall if they are static

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
10,863¢
Is it default y x z using /loc and when locations are listed on Alla's for instance?
EQ's locs are y x z
this is an echo with ${Me.Y}
and then an in-game /loc
1613514822520.png

if i /nav loc <y> <x> <z>
1613514878931.png
I will run to that location
1613514888386.png

if i wanted to mix it around i would have to

/nav locxyz -378 -35 -18
1613514959071.png

RedCents
60¢
Since the last update I cannot left click my trader button in the bazzar and cannot left click the person to loot in ADVloot with my mouse. I tried F12 and the only thing that fixed it was unloading MQ2 ...any ideas on this? Thanks

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
10,863¢
Since the last update I cannot left click my trader button in the bazzar and cannot left click the person to loot in ADVloot with my mouse. I tried F12 and the only thing that fixed it was unloading MQ2 ...any ideas on this? Thanks
/plugin mq2nav unload

/plugin mq2nav load

mq2 nav gets its ui window "ghosted" sometimes

RedCents
Having a issue with Loping Plains from Steamfont. I used to have no problem now it won't go to Loping Plains. I'm getting a Meshless pathing to this point failed message. Any ideas? I a few weeks ago I didn't have this problem at all.

RedCents
459¢
I’m sure it here someplace but can’t seem to word it right. How do you exit or stop KA from taking you to a target in a zone find or map directions? It’s happened to me a couple times, and suddenly my toon is running across the zone when I was not meaning to. Oh the trainz :f5:

RedCents
296¢
I’m sure it here someplace but can’t seem to word it right. How do you exit or stop KA from taking you to a target in a zone find or map directions? It’s happened to me a couple times, and suddenly my toon is running across the zone when I was not meaning to. Oh the trainz :f5:
/nav stop

RedCents
1,957¢
Also, you can bring up the ui with /nav ui and check what your "Break Behavior" is configured to do.

Many_Whelps

WoW was the first MMO
RedCents
5,970¢
First off, mq2nav is not KA. Not sure if you meant to say KA was doing this, but KA generally only sticks you to a mob if it is with your camp radius.

As for mq2nav, there is a setting to break nav if you simply press any movement key. Ofc, /nav stop works too.

RedCents
In the middle of the screen, from the center, all the way to the bottom, and often covering the entire right side, the mouse pointer changes from the EQ pointer to the Windows pointer. As such, I can click anything and everything and nothing will happen. No tooltip for hovering, no left or right click action for anything, including movement. Sometimes can use mouselook a bit and the issue will go away, only to come right back if I try to click on something.

Any ideas or suggestions?

plugins loaded: mq2shaman, mq2eskay, mq2enchanter

The issue occurs on my other 2 toons as well, that only use KA.

RedCents
417¢
Damn! You guys always have the answers. Just loaded everything up on my laptop and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I had a dead spot upper left corner. It was invisible MQ2Nav UI. Thank you! It would have drove me insane.

RedCents
1,957¢
Looking for advice: I want to create a macro that runs my mage from the zone in point to a safe area that paths near numerous see invis kos mobs. The mage has to follow a zig-zag path in order to avoid getting aggro. Is the best way to do this to string together a sequence of /nav to waypoint commands?

Background: A set of collectibles drop only from drake models in the CoV Skyshrine Crusader mission. The drakes are a considerable distance from where you zone in. There are numerous ice golem models that see invis along the patch. They are avoidable but just barely by following a crooked path with bard speed. When I run the path manually I get aggro about half the time.

I'd like to automate this run if possible. So far, the only method I can deduce is to just string together a series of nav to waypoint commands. A few of these will also have to be /open door commands too.

I'm just looking here for advice in case I'm not thinking this through!

RedCents
864¢
@Trapper you need to make sure you don't have the /nav ui open on anyone while zoning or camping cause the issue is imgui trying to render the ui at the wrong time prior to your in game ui rendering. The only fix is to unload the plugin and reload it.

Trapper

RedCents
697¢
@Trapper you need to make sure you don't have the /nav ui open on anyone while zoning or camping cause the issue is imgui trying to render the ui at the wrong time prior to your in game ui rendering. The only fix is to unload the plugin and reload it.
Thanks Saar, I will try that.. not sure why it would have gotten open but maybe one of the hidden windows is open.
I will try reloading it on all toons so I can see the window and make sure there all minimized and then log off.

RedCents
4,921¢
Looking for advice: I want to create a macro that runs my mage from the zone in point to a safe area that paths near numerous see invis kos mobs. The mage has to follow a zig-zag path in order to avoid getting aggro. Is the best way to do this to string together a sequence of /nav to waypoint commands?

Background: A set of collectibles drop only from drake models in the CoV Skyshrine Crusader mission. The drakes are a considerable distance from where you zone in. There are numerous ice golem models that see invis along the patch. They are avoidable but just barely by following a crooked path with bard speed. When I run the path manually I get aggro about half the time.

I'd like to automate this run if possible. So far, the only method I can deduce is to just string together a series of nav to waypoint commands. A few of these will also have to be /open door commands too.

I'm just looking here for advice in case I'm not thinking this through!
Look at mq2advpath /play ite even has a neat /record feature to build up the path.

RedCents
864¢
Don't minimize you need to make sure that the window is closed it being in the minimize state or open is what's causing the issue you shouldn't have to run with the nav UI open unless you're doing troubleshooting within the zone just make sure that you close it when you're done

RedCents
395¢
Hi guys,

I'm playing with MQ2 for the first time.
Watching Redbot's intro videos and following the instructions.
Two things I can't get working:
  • /nav commands work, but I can't get the nav UI to show. The command /nav ui does nothing.
  • I don't have the Mimic me, Follow me, and Come to me hotbuttons in my group window; only empty slots. How do I get these?
Thanks.

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
10,863¢
Hi guys,

• /nav commands work, but I can't get the nav UI to show. The command /nav ui does nothing.
  • I don't have the Mimic me, Follow me, and Come to me hotbuttons in my group window; only empty slots. How do I get these?
Thanks.
mq2nav sometimes bugs out with the window needing to unload and reload it - this can happen if you zone with the nav ui window open

1.you need to /plugin mq2nav unload and then /plugin mq2nav load and then you should be able to /nav ui

2. you need to be in a group to have those items showing

RedCents
437¢
Hi guys,

Thanks.
for nav, try reloading mq2nav
/plugin mq2nav unload
/plugin mq2nav load

for the buttons, you need to be in a group

RedCents
70¢
sorry I'm new and just installed everything. When I first installed there were two windows one was MQ and the other was... I forget.

The MQ window is still there but now there's another invisible window. When I hover over it it shows the Windows mouse icon. I can drag and move it to the bottom right, which sort of "fixes" the problem, but when I log back in it goes back to the middle again.

Needless to say it's driving me crazy. I assume whatever this window is, it's important and I should be able to see it. Could someone please help???

Thanks ;)

RedCents
524¢
I am wondering if MQ2Nav could be modified such that it could move down a multi path request?

Something like this to allow it to nav to the first way point and then to the second (not sure how many in a chain you would want to support if you did allow it.

/nav mwp FistNamedWP SecondNamedWP

Or like this.
/nav mloc[yxz] 220 110 -5 ; 110 220 -5

The second one is more problematic mostly because you would need to define some separator for between locs to keep it more sane to look at.

I know there are times when the path ends up going through areas such that it looks weird. And using multiple locs in the nav path can make it more real.

and the third one i thought of was setting the ability to have a 0 to 10 foot random location from the destination as long as that spot is navigable. With an appropriate command to set that tolerance for each user.

With all the talk of things looking bot'ish, i thought this might be an idea worth trying.

RedCents
864¢
You can with a macro run a gauntlet of locs or wp and move through them. But nav is a one and done, so it runs the command, if another is sent it stops the current one and starts the new one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)