• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Melee

Plugin - MQ2Melee (1 Viewer)

Me again. =). I made multiple changes to my .ini file and it worked out extremely well. Thanks again for you help from above. Now I have a new group leveling up and this warrior is going to be tanking for them. Is there a way to revert back my .ini file so that it will be the way it was before I changed everything? I can't remember all of the things that I had changed.
Probably, but you can also just rename your existing file while you’re out of the game…then log in and /melee save

Hey there,

I am playing on a custom server with custom classes and on some of the characters mq2melee will turn off auto attack straight away. Is this because mq2melee is mapped to look at specific EQ classes or does it just look at the available skills? I have disabled and reset most things to no avail. If someone could shed some light on if it is at all possible that would be great.

Cheers

You'll want to check your settings and make sure they're setup correctly.

With that said, custom classes can cause some issues with various tools depending on what EQ says they are. But I'd start with making sure your settings are correct.

Hey there,

I am playing on a custom server with custom classes and on some of the characters mq2melee will turn off auto attack straight away. Is this because mq2melee is mapped to look at specific EQ classes or does it just look at the available skills? I have disabled and reset most things to no avail. If someone could shed some light on if it is at all possible that would be great.

Cheers
There are a lot of class specific actions in Mq2melee.... If the server has custom classes you may want to write macros or LUAs to get exactly what you need.

You'll want to check your settings and make sure they're setup correctly.

With that said, custom classes can cause some issues with various tools depending on what EQ says they are. But I'd start with making sure your settings are correct.
Yeah they are all correct I have figured out a fix, i basically just need to write melee=1 in the char ini file and add anything that is now relevant to the particular class. Petassist does not seem to work at the moment but that is fine

Hi All. I have a question about editing MQ2Melee. specfically, I would like to disable the disarm attempts. 90%+ is just annoying, but some mobs actually hit harder without a weapon, and would prefer to avoid this..

Thanks

I updated my build this morning to 2023-09-10 20:27:39. Afterwards, my melee attack key only attacks once when pressed and then turns off when mq2melee is loaded. Unloading mq2melee fixes the problem.

I have reproduced this 4 ways:

1 - melee attack button
2 - macro - /dgae /attack on (happens to every character in the group. They all attack once and stop. When I switch to their window, melee attack is turned off)
3 - another macro /melee on
4 - group macro /dgae /melee on

This all worked fine until I upgraded. I'm new to MQ and pretty lost here. Any and all help is appreciated.

Wrong forum
I have been trying to figure out what is causing me to wake up mezed mobs that are close by. Figured out it was Fury of Claws doing it. But for the life of me I can not figure out what setting in my .ini melee section to turn off to stop it. I have turned them all off one by one but it continued still you that ability.

[MQ2Rez]
Accept=1
RezPct=96
SafeMode=0
VoiceNotify=0
ReleaseToBind=0
SilentMode=0
Delay=5100
Command Line=
[MQ2Melee]
asp=1
cstrike=1
dragonpunch=1
eaglestrike=1
enrage=1
facing=off
feigndeath=30
feralswipe=1
gorillasmash=0
infuriate=0
kick=1
melee=1
petassist=1
petengagehps=98
petmend=40
petrange=75
plugin=1
pothealover=20
rake=10
ravens=0
resume=75
roundkick=1
stickbreak=1
stickrange=0
tigerclaw=1
version=8.802

Thank you in advance for any help.

I am trying to get a Bard Epic to fire every time I hit Fierce Eye in Melee. This is what I have, but it's not working:
  • holyshit22=/if (${Me.Song[Fierce Eye VII].ID}) /useitem "Blade of Vesagran" Item
Has anyone has success with doing this, or see what my flaw is?

I am trying to get a Bard Epic to fire every time I hit Fierce Eye in Melee. This is what I have, but it's not working:
  • holyshit22=/if (${Me.Song[Fierce Eye VII].ID}) /useitem "Blade of Vesagran" Item
Has anyone has success with doing this, or see what my flaw is?
have the holyflag22 set?

also, you don't NEED to be that specific with buffs/songs, can just say ${Me.Song[Fierce Eye].ID}

You also don't need to put /useitem "item name" Item

"item" at the end is redundant and not how the in-game EQ command works. You already told it to use an item, no need to specify that it's an item. You're not using MQ2Cast.

have the holyflag22 set?

also, you don't NEED to be that specific with buffs/songs, can just say ${Me.Song[Fierce Eye].ID}

You also don't need to put /useitem "item name" Item

"item" at the end is redundant and not how the in-game EQ command works. You already told it to use an item, no need to specify that it's an item. You're not using MQ2Cast.

Thank you.

Yes, I have the following set, and modified the phrase to:

holyflag22=1
holyshit22=/if (${Me.Song[Fierce Eye].ID}) /Useitem "Blade of Vesagran"

MQ2Cast is loaded.

This is working, but it takes about 12s for the epic to fire once FE is up.

In the current state, it's unavoidable that holyshit or downshit doesn't work properly when changing class with Alternate Persona.

Will this be improved in the future?

Separating sections for each class or creating separate files (e.g., cazic_Bob_Shd.ini / cazic_Bob_Pal.ini).

Thank you to Dev of RG!

In the current state, it's unavoidable that holyshit or downshit doesn't work properly when changing class with Alternate Persona.

Will this be improved in the future?

Separating sections for each class or creating separate files (e.g., cazic_Bob_Shd.ini / cazic_Bob_Pal.ini).

Thank you to Dev of RG!
In my opinion, mq2melee is unmaintainable without drastic rewrites.

Updates over the years didn't take many important game distrinctions into account (AOE vs single, etc), and there would be large sweeping breaking changes - this is why I stopped updating it.

Mq2melee is often discouraged because while it may fit some legacy/emu type things, it doesn't fit as well in the current game/mq. LEMs/mq2react (I suggest LEM) is a much better fit for holyshit/downshit type functionality

In my opinion, mq2melee is unmaintainable without drastic rewrites.

Updates over the years didn't take many important game distrinctions into account (AOE vs single, etc), and there would be large sweeping breaking changes - this is why I stopped updating it.

Mq2melee is often discouraged because while it may fit some legacy/emu type things, it doesn't fit as well in the current game/mq. LEMs/mq2react (I suggest LEM) is a much better fit for holyshit/downshit type functionality
Thank you, Sic !

I'll give LEM a try.

Wrong forum
Hello,

After running a parser, i noticed that the automatic discs mq2melee uses are lower level. How do i change that to Be Gird instead of Repudiate and Incapictating Blades instead of Grisly Blades? I am very new to this and didn't see anywhere in the server_character file where these are called out. Also, what command(s) add extra discs to be used automatically in this way?

Thank you for what you do :)

the mq2melee has probably not been updated to use the new abilities, its not a plugin that is preferred by many users on live servers, people generally use kissassist/muleassist/rgmercs/modbot/xgen or invest in the premium cwtn plugins.

if you still are set on using mq2melee you are gonna have to basically turn evrything off and make holyshits/downshits that call wwhat you need to use when to use it. etc.

this requires some knowledge of the macro language used in macroquest.

but you could try a search for holyshit and downshit and see if anything pops up you could use as examples.

Ok, sounds like that may be above my capabilities. I thought mq2melee was kissassist :( . Unfortunately there is no mq2Shadowknight that i am aware of. Already have for 3 other characters. Looks like i need to do some digging. There's just so much information, that it's really hard to find just the basics. Thank you very much for your help and fast response , very much appreciated!

Is there a command to cut those automatic functions off so that i can manually do it? I would still like to use taunt, bash, autoatk etc.

you are looking for mq2eskay for the shd, yeah cwtn was trying to be cool and funky fresh

Ok, sounds like that may be above my capabilities. I thought mq2melee was kissassist :( . Unfortunately there is no mq2Shadowknight that i am aware of. Already have for 3 other characters. Looks like i need to do some digging. There's just so much information, that it's really hard to find just the basics. Thank you very much for your help and fast response , very much appreciated!

Is there a command to cut those automatic functions off so that i can manually do it? I would still like to use taunt, bash, autoatk etc.
You want this one

Plugin - MQ2Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back