• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2FeedMe

Plugin - MQ2FeedMe (1 Viewer)

maybe a setting to put it when you eat or drink up to when you hit your autofeed and autodrink level. So you're not constantly sitting there chomp chomp chomping

Also, whats a bag configuration you use. I always have a tradeskill satchel in my top left slot cause I wasnt using hp/food water so i didnt eat it and it was easier to have all my tradeskill items fall right into the bag. Now I have to keep my good food in top left and its not tradeskill satchel compliant.

possible having a mod rod stuck on cursor will do it to.
Also, whats a bag configuration you use. I always have a tradeskill satchel in my top left slot cause I wasnt using hp/food water so i didnt eat it and it was easier to have all my tradeskill items fall right into the bag. Now I have to keep my good food in top left and its not tradeskill satchel compliant.
Top left bag is a normal bag with stat food in the first slot. I also make sure to keep this bag full at all times with clickies, powersources and whatever else you might want to just carry with you at all times so that no looted items go into it. Second bag is tradeskill bag, third bag is the collections only bag from eyes in the dark quest. All regular bags after that.

maybe a setting to put it when you eat or drink up to when you hit your autofeed and autodrink level. So you're not constantly sitting there chomp chomp chomping

For Ranger, whom I seem to have issues with, I have a quiver in the top left slot. No way to change that. Not sure about bard he may have a quiver too. I'm thinking the "cursor" issue is probably it. I haven't been playing ranger as stated earlier because I sub in my necro for lvls atm.

possible having a mod rod stuck on cursor will do it to.

Top left bag is a normal bag with stat food in the first slot. I also make sure to keep this bag full at all times with clickies, powersources and whatever else you might want to just carry with you at all times so that no looted items go into it. Second bag is tradeskill bag, third bag is the collections only bag from eyes in the dark quest. All regular bags after that.
This also sounds logical as I do have a mage throwing them out there. Generally they are put up quickly though by software.

My theory atm based on everyone's feed back is the Ranger issue was simply a problem with foraging and having something on the cursor. Keep in mind we are talking literally 5 days 24 hours a day on the foraging grp. I think the bard, as he has also been in box group, is simply the spell issue. I am still trying to make sense of how to make the change Woobs suggested lol.

Nothing like running around POK and people clearly haven't moved in hours and you see Chomp, chomp, chomp or Glug, glug, glug or even someone staggering by the Brandy Merchant. :)

Nothing like running around POK and people clearly haven't moved in hours and you see Chomp, chomp, chomp or Glug, glug, glug or even someone staggering by the Brandy Merchant. :)
I get where you're coming from, but does it really matter? It's only really obvious to someone with some MQ2 familiarity. Most of the general EQ playerbase is completely oblivious to things like this.

I get where you're coming from, but does it really matter? It's only really obvious to someone with some MQ2 familiarity. Most of the general EQ playerbase is completely oblivious to things like this.
Ya I look at it the same way. If you didn't know about it, you wouldn't even think about it. haha.

My theory atm based on everyone's feed back is the Ranger issue was simply a problem with foraging and having something on the cursor. Keep in mind we are talking literally 5 days 24 hours a day on the foraging grp. I think the bard, as he has also been in box group, is simply the spell issue. I am still trying to make sense of how to make the change Woobs suggested lol.

Not sure if there was a solution to this, however, I'm having the same issue. I sat my bard in one spot without foraging and the bard will not automatically drink or eat while twisting songs, but it will if standing there doing nothing.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It works perfectly on 2 of my 6. It is not working on the other 4. i.e. I log in 6 and it is set up and working on 2. The other 4 I have to use /autodrink 3500 and /autofeed 3500 - then it will work until I log out again. I looked at that writeup and can't figure out what I did wrong on the 4 that the plugin doesn't work when I log them in.

Any help would be appreciated,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It works perfectly on 2 of my 6. It is not working on the other 4. i.e. I log in 6 and it is set up and working on 2. The other 4 I have to use /autodrink 3500 and /autofeed 3500 - then it will work until I log out again. I looked at that writeup and can't figure out what I did wrong on the 4 that the plugin doesn't work when I log them in.

Any help would be appreciated,
you sure you don't have something turning off auto consumption? like a macro (TSM does this and doesn't set your stuff back afterwards)

I made a little video guide

Is there any way for this plugin to consume needed food/drink while casting/singing? We can right-click to force feed while a spell is being cast, so it's totally possible in-game. I just lose a lot of stat food on my bard. =/

it only checks casting if we're not a bard - but yup something else is happening, i'll take a peak

Last edited:
ok - so it checks if we're casting - but the abilityinuse check also makes it think we're casting - i just submitted an update that will ignore bards for that check as well

MQ2feedme has weird conflicts with Mq2twist. Is there any resolution for bards and eating food?
did you not see the posts from today, right above your post?

there was an issue that blankstare pointed out - I went and took a look, updated and submitted the code and then brainiac approved - all this afternoon.

1614991225812.png

unless you mean some other twist issue that you didn't elaborate or specify on.

(i could twist endlessly and eat as expected with the changes that were submitted today)

did you not see the posts from today, right above your post?

there was an issue that blankstare pointed out - I went and took a look, updated and submitted the code and then brainiac approved - all this afternoon.

View attachment 28773

unless you mean some other twist issue that you didn't elaborate or specify on.

(i could twist endlessly and eat as expected with the changes that were submitted today)
I just read a few posts along the chain, hadnt made it all the way through. Sorry.

All of my toons (even my not bard ones) have 2000 roots and 2000 pods of water and are still eating their stat food occasionally. One time MQ2feedme broke for all my characters when there was an update pending (wouldnt work at all) and since its just "kinda randomly lazy" and forgets to eat my junk food. Most of my characters generally have some amount of Aircrisp Apple, and Dreamburger Paradise, and Ether-fused Tea laying around from mages/tradeskill endeavors. Each of my characters have eaten somewhere between 1-4 Velious surf and turf platters and blue bomb beverages in the last 4-5 days.

INI:
[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1

[Food]
Food1=Summoned: Black Bread
Food2=Lichen Roots
Food3=Aircrisp Apple
Food4=Dreamburger Paradise
Food5=Roots

[Drink]
Drink1=Summoned: Globe of Water
Drink2=Glob of Slush Water
Drink3=Ether-fused Tea
Drink4=Pod of Water
Drink5=Water Flask

AutoFeed=4000
AutoDrink=4000

All of my toons (even my not bard ones) have 2000 roots and 2000 pods of water and are still eating their stat food occasionally. One time MQ2feedme broke for all my characters when there was an update pending (wouldnt work at all) and since its just "kinda randomly lazy" and forgets to eat my junk food. Most of my characters generally have some amount of Aircrisp Apple, and Dreamburger Paradise, and Ether-fused Tea laying around from mages/tradeskill endeavors. Each of my characters have eaten somewhere between 1-4 Velious surf and turf platters and blue bomb beverages in the last 4-5 days.

INI:
[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1

[Food]
Food1=Summoned: Black Bread
Food2=Lichen Roots
Food3=Aircrisp Apple
Food4=Dreamburger Paradise
Food5=Roots

[Drink]
Drink1=Summoned: Globe of Water
Drink2=Glob of Slush Water
Drink3=Ether-fused Tea
Drink4=Pod of Water
Drink5=Water Flask

AutoFeed=4000
AutoDrink=4000
I would double check you don't have something turning it off.

I had the same confusion running the Tradeskill Construction Set

Mine munch some of their good stat food from time to time too. My stat food necessarily sits in my first bag (bag #1, and slots 1 and 2). If feedme or something else has a small blip then they’ll gobble the good stuff first and foremost. The roots n milk are elsewhere in the bags, but ho-hum .. it’s because, like Everquest. If you’re bothered the don’t run the stat food, it’s not hard to come by.

yes, this is in the code - if you're in your book, or merchant, or trade, or bank, or looting
Yep, I wasn't trying to imply that there was a deficiency in the plugin, but rather that if people are sitting at their bank window for 10 minutes and wondering why they're stat food gets eaten, it's not the plugin's fault.

All of my toons (even my not bard ones) have 2000 roots and 2000 pods of water and are still eating their stat food occasionally.
You can also try upping the food/drink need to 5000 or 5500, if you have that much excess (I have mine at 5500 because my dudes are filling bags with damn lichen roots)
I would double check you don't have something turning it off.

I had the same confusion running the Tradeskill Construction Set
TSC is my bane! Love it, but frustrated by its treatment of other applications!

What is the actual default name for the .ini file? I want to turn off the notification but can't seem to find the file. Also which folder is it found in as a default?

Plugin - MQ2FeedMe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back