• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2FeedMe

Plugin - MQ2FeedMe (1 Viewer)

I have my ini set like this:

[Settings]
Announce=0
FoodWarn=0
DrinkWarn=0

but I still get constant spam in my MQ2 window saying: "MQ2FeedMe:: Consuming ->Food/Drink"

Any idea how to make this go away?

I have my ini set like this:

[Settings]
Announce=0
FoodWarn=0
DrinkWarn=0

but I still get constant spam in my MQ2 window saying: "MQ2FeedMe:: Consuming ->Food/Drink"

Any idea how to make this go away?

Hrm, announce=0 should turn announcing off - so that is peculiar --- I would confirm that this ini is the directory that your mq2 is running from

you should have a section for your toon as well where you adjust what hunger/thirst value to consume at

Here is an example of mine: (not that this helps address your issue of it spamming when you have announce set to 0)

INI:
[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=0
DrinkWarn=0
[Drink]
Drink1=Warm Milk
Drink2=Spiced Iced Tea
Drink3=Water Flask
Drink4=Bottle of Milk
[Food]
Food1=Fresh Cookie
Food2=Fresh Fish
Food3=Roots
Food4=Turnip
[ToonName]
AutoDrink=5000
AutoFeed=5000
[ToonName2]
AutoFeed=5000
AutoDrink=5000

Is there something that would prevent the toon from eating if said toon is FD?
Couldnt figure out why my monk was consuming stat food over night but not while active.

Seems to work fibe getting messages etc, but i have been loosing stat food over night while parked afk in guild lobby. Only thing i can come up with is it does not consume food while FD,as i do on occasion.

Any clues on how to fix this, Im getting non-stop spam on all toons:

feedme.jpg

My MQ2Feedme.INI is:

INI:
[Settings]
Announce=0
FoodWarn=0
DrinkWarn=0

[Drink]
Drink1=Bottle of Milk
Drink2=Glob of Slush Water
Drink3=Pod of Water
Drink4=Water Flask
Drink5=Water of Eternity

[Food]
Food1=Cheese
Food2=Arctic Mussels
Food3=Arctic Scallop
Food4=Basilisk Eggs
Food5=Berries

[Toon1]
AutoDrink=6100
AutoFeed=6100

yeah, that's way too high. I think the game eats and drinks somewhere in the 2500-3000 range, so setting MQ2FeedMe to kick in at 4000 should be just fine and needn't go higher than 5000.

That isn't relevant to the problem though. I have the INI file set to "Announce=0" which means there should be NO messages telling me what or when it is eating at all ever no matter what number it is set to eat at.

Sic, I set the number to 5555 but its still announcing anytime it eats or drinks. I even tried to set "Announce=1" just in case the logic reversed but still the same spam anytime a toon eats or drinks something.

That isn't relevant to the problem though. I have the INI file set to "Announce=0" which means there should be NO messages telling me what or when it is eating at all ever no matter what number it is set to eat at.

Sic, I set the number to 5555 but its still announcing anytime it eats or drinks. I even tried to set "Announce=1" just in case the logic reversed but still the same spam anytime a toon eats or drinks something.
your message made it sound like it was just spam clicking it over and over - otherwise the long screen shot was unnecessary.

your message made it sound like it was just spam clicking it over and over - otherwise the long screen shot was unnecessary.

It was just for illustration. The main point is that there should not be any message indicating Food or Drink consumption of any kind being displayed if my INI file is set as "Annouince=0" correct?

So, just to clarify, my only y question is, why would these messages be displayed at all with the INI file set to "Announce=0"?

Anyone have any potential ideas of how that might occur? What I have tried so far:

1. Deleting the INI and creating a new one
2. Reducing the Drink/Feed point to 3000
3. Switching Announce=0 to Announce=1 and back and forth.

Im open to any suggestions on this?

Last edited:
Announce doesn't turn that off, currently. It turns off whether it announces your hunger levels and all that, but the consuming doesn't have a check for that. It actually looks like the intent of that was to be different announce levels, but it's treated as if it were boolean. Someone just needs to make the change so that announce settings are checked before it says consuming.

Announce doesn't turn that off, currently. It turns off whether it announces your hunger levels and all that, but the consuming doesn't have a check for that. It actually looks like the intent of that was to be different announce levels, but it's treated as if it were boolean. Someone just needs to make the change so that announce settings are checked before it says consuming.
I had a bunch of other changes that i intended/intend on doing, but i just did a request to use the existing bAnnLevels check when it does the consuming output - this should eliminate seeing the output if we have it set to not announce hunger levels etc

Oh wow! Thank you, I didnt realize that. Granted, it is a bit counterintuitive but at least now I know its not something isolated to my system. It is technically working "correctly".

Any way to set this to pause when you are afk? Or better yet pause and move the food around so you do not waste the good food?
this is intended to continue to eat "junk" food so as not to automatically consume your good food like eq does naturally

Occasionally my bard eats/drinks the good stuff (ToV - surf and turf & Blood of Velious).

My mq2feeme.ini is set to 3500 and I have boatloads of different things to eat and drink so I shouldn't able to touch this. Anyone know the thresholds at which mw2feedme will eat / drink those items for a Drakrin (above I read different races eat at different rates), but with certain thresholds being reached faster or slower that shouldn’t matter (I think).

With that all said the food/drink 1st accessible to my bard are kaladim consititions and misty thicket picnics. I just notice they are these items are the same quantity and I suspect that might be causing the issue. Should I consume something smaller and setting my thresholds higher or is there a simpler solution

Occasionally my bard eats/drinks the good stuff (ToV - surf and turf & Blood of Velious).

My mq2feeme.ini is set to 3500 and I have boatloads of different things to eat and drink so I shouldn't able to touch this. Anyone know the thresholds at which mw2feedme will eat / drink those items for a Drakrin (above I read different races eat at different rates), but with certain thresholds being reached faster or slower that shouldn’t matter (I think).

With that all said the food/drink 1st accessible to my bard are kaladim consititions and misty thicket picnics. I just notice they are these items are the same quantity and I suspect that might be causing the issue. Should I consume something smaller and setting my thresholds higher or is there a simpler solution

you could raise the eat/drink to 5500 just to have a buffer. The max eat/drink before you are "too full to eat anymore" is over 6000.

As recommended by someone else here I put thousands of milk and cheese on my toons and have them force feed that all the time vs a wide variety of foods.

When you say,

"the food/drink 1st accessible to my bard are kaladim consititions and misty thicket picnics. "

What exactly do you mean? Your toon is getting stats from whatever food is at the top of his inventory. So if you have the highest stat food in bag 1 slot 1, that gives the stats and that is what EQ will try to eat. However with MQ2Feedme, he will eat what you tell him to eat. So Im not sure what you mean when you say they are "1st accessible" ?

What I meant by 1st accessable was...in slot 1 and 2 of my first bag is my stat food (stuff I want to save) and in slots 3 and 4 are the MTP and KC.

Redbot updated MQ2FeedMe with a new update entry:

code cleanup

- Remove using namespace std
- Remove #defines that were only used in 1 place
- Clarify GoodToFeed (left existing comment format)
- Switch global to GetGameState()
- Remove some unused variables in if statements
- Remove "SafeItoa"
- Switch SetGameState callback to use GameState
- Remove reference to pulses as seconds

Read the rest of this update entry...

Okay, redoing this post with "valid" information. It appears this tends to stop after awhile and I'm not sure why. I go afk and my stat food gets consumed. I have setup an afk foraging grp for some needed items and I'm loosing stat food.

Here is my mq2feedme.ini file, names changed to protect the innocent.
[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1
[Drink]
Drink1=Bottle of Milk
[Food]
Food1=Loaf of Bread
[Bard]
AutoDrink=3000
AutoFeed=3000
[Cleric]
AutoDrink=3500
AutoFeed=3500
[Ranger]
AutoDrink=3000
AutoFeed=3000

When I do a /autofeed list on my ranger I get the following

MQ2FeedMe:: List Food:
- 1. Loaf of Bread
MQ2FeedMe:: AutoFeed(3000)
MQ2FeedMe:: Current Hunger(9150)

I'm not sure how the Current Hunger and AutoFeed related. I would think that Current Hunger should never get much past 3000. What am I missing and how do I fix this, PLEASE?

Sorry meant to add I'm seeing this same behavior on the cleric now as well.

Last edited:
Okay, redoing this post with "valid" information. It appears this tends to stop after awhile and I'm not sure why. I go afk and my stat food gets consumed. I have setup an afk foraging grp for some needed items and I'm loosing stat food.

Here is my mq2feedme.ini file, names changed to protect the innocent.
[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1
[Drink]
Drink1=Bottle of Milk
[Food]
Food1=Loaf of Bread
[Bard]
AutoDrink=3000
AutoFeed=3000
[Cleric]
AutoDrink=3500
AutoFeed=3500
[Ranger]
AutoDrink=3000
AutoFeed=3000

When I do a /autofeed list on my ranger I get the following

MQ2FeedMe:: List Food:
- 1. Loaf of Bread
MQ2FeedMe:: AutoFeed(3000)
MQ2FeedMe:: Current Hunger(9150)

I'm not sure how the Current Hunger and AutoFeed related. I would think that Current Hunger should never get much past 3000. What am I missing and how do I fix this, PLEASE?

Sorry meant to add I'm seeing this same behavior on the cleric now as well.
Anyone? This is killing me. Appears to only affect melee types, bard and ranger. Oddly enough SK seems to be working fine. It looked like bard was working while camping BUT then I noticed he had used about 10 blood of velius

There is sometimes a conflict that prevents the client from consuming food. I've seen it happen when items are left on your cursor when MQ2Feedme tries to consume something. There could be other things that cause it, but this is a limitation of the EQ client, MQ2Feedme is still trying to force feed your toon. You said you were foraging, so that is a possible cause.

There is sometimes a conflict that prevents the client from consuming food. I've seen it happen when items are left on your cursor when MQ2Feedme tries to consume something. There could be other things that cause it, but this is a limitation of the EQ client, MQ2Feedme is still trying to force feed your toon. You said you were foraging, so that is a possible cause.
Thanks for responding. That makes sense when foraging however today I am noticing the behavior on my bard. I substituted a lower level necro for ranger today so bard is pulling and we are not foraging. Not sure if anything dealing with class and current task could be causing the issue. It appears to be working fine on Cleric, Shaman, Mage, and SK who is tanking. Also, both Ranger and Bard are wood elfs, not sure that is relevant but wanted to throw it in case.

I have a local version where I removed most of the old checks that prevented you from consuming. Looking at the VV version, these all have to be true to consume:

// nothing on cursor
// not casting (unless bard)
// not using abilities
// not looking at the spell book
// not interacting with vendor
// not trading with someone
// not banking
// not looting
// not Feigned
// not camping out

I have a local version where I removed most of the old checks that prevented you from consuming. Looking at the VV version, these all have to be true to consume:

// nothing on cursor
// not casting (unless bard)
// not using abilities
// not looking at the spell book
// not interacting with vendor
// not trading with someone
// not banking
// not looting
// not Feigned
// not camping out
Thanks, not casting could be the bard issue. Not sure about the ranger though but this will get me further down the road I bet. Thanks again.

I thought that also. Which is why I checked the code and found that, for the Bard, casting shouldn't interfere.

I thought that also. Which is why I checked the code and found that, for the Bard, casting shouldn't interfere.
What could be an issue is does casting interrupt if you take a bite of something. I really don't want my cleric stopping a heal to stuff his face. They run off the same ini don't they?

Plugin - MQ2FeedMe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back