• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Post your .ini today for a chance to win up to 30 Krono, the fabled RedGuides Mug, an EverQuest art book and other loot! More details here.
MQ2FeedMe

Plugin - MQ2FeedMe (1 Viewer) 2020-08-13

Sic

Nihil
RedCents
9,778¢
Any way to set this to pause when you are afk? Or better yet pause and move the food around so you do not waste the good food?
this is intended to continue to eat "junk" food so as not to automatically consume your good food like eq does naturally

RedCents
Occasionally my bard eats/drinks the good stuff (ToV - surf and turf & Blood of Velious).

My mq2feeme.ini is set to 3500 and I have boatloads of different things to eat and drink so I shouldn't able to touch this. Anyone know the thresholds at which mw2feedme will eat / drink those items for a Drakrin (above I read different races eat at different rates), but with certain thresholds being reached faster or slower that shouldn’t matter (I think).

With that all said the food/drink 1st accessible to my bard are kaladim consititions and misty thicket picnics. I just notice they are these items are the same quantity and I suspect that might be causing the issue. Should I consume something smaller and setting my thresholds higher or is there a simpler solution

RedCents
390¢
Occasionally my bard eats/drinks the good stuff (ToV - surf and turf & Blood of Velious).

My mq2feeme.ini is set to 3500 and I have boatloads of different things to eat and drink so I shouldn't able to touch this. Anyone know the thresholds at which mw2feedme will eat / drink those items for a Drakrin (above I read different races eat at different rates), but with certain thresholds being reached faster or slower that shouldn’t matter (I think).

With that all said the food/drink 1st accessible to my bard are kaladim consititions and misty thicket picnics. I just notice they are these items are the same quantity and I suspect that might be causing the issue. Should I consume something smaller and setting my thresholds higher or is there a simpler solution
you could raise the eat/drink to 5500 just to have a buffer. The max eat/drink before you are "too full to eat anymore" is over 6000.

As recommended by someone else here I put thousands of milk and cheese on my toons and have them force feed that all the time vs a wide variety of foods.

When you say,

"the food/drink 1st accessible to my bard are kaladim consititions and misty thicket picnics. "

What exactly do you mean? Your toon is getting stats from whatever food is at the top of his inventory. So if you have the highest stat food in bag 1 slot 1, that gives the stats and that is what EQ will try to eat. However with MQ2Feedme, he will eat what you tell him to eat. So Im not sure what you mean when you say they are "1st accessible" ?

RedCents
What I meant by 1st accessable was...in slot 1 and 2 of my first bag is my stat food (stuff I want to save) and in slots 3 and 4 are the MTP and KC.

Knightly

RedCents
9,318¢
Redbot updated MQ2FeedMe with a new update entry:

code cleanup

- Remove using namespace std
- Remove #defines that were only used in 1 place
- Clarify GoodToFeed (left existing comment format)
- Switch global to GetGameState()
- Remove some unused variables in if statements
- Remove "SafeItoa"
- Switch SetGameState callback to use GameState
- Remove reference to pulses as seconds
Read the rest of this update entry...

RedCents
40¢
Okay, redoing this post with "valid" information. It appears this tends to stop after awhile and I'm not sure why. I go afk and my stat food gets consumed. I have setup an afk foraging grp for some needed items and I'm loosing stat food.

Here is my mq2feedme.ini file, names changed to protect the innocent.
[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1
[Drink]
Drink1=Bottle of Milk
[Food]
Food1=Loaf of Bread
[Bard]
AutoDrink=3000
AutoFeed=3000
[Cleric]
AutoDrink=3500
AutoFeed=3500
[Ranger]
AutoDrink=3000
AutoFeed=3000

When I do a /autofeed list on my ranger I get the following

MQ2FeedMe:: List Food:
- 1. Loaf of Bread
MQ2FeedMe:: AutoFeed(3000)
MQ2FeedMe:: Current Hunger(9150)

I'm not sure how the Current Hunger and AutoFeed related. I would think that Current Hunger should never get much past 3000. What am I missing and how do I fix this, PLEASE?

Sorry meant to add I'm seeing this same behavior on the cleric now as well.

Last edited:
RedCents
40¢
Okay, redoing this post with "valid" information. It appears this tends to stop after awhile and I'm not sure why. I go afk and my stat food gets consumed. I have setup an afk foraging grp for some needed items and I'm loosing stat food.

Here is my mq2feedme.ini file, names changed to protect the innocent.
[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1
[Drink]
Drink1=Bottle of Milk
[Food]
Food1=Loaf of Bread
[Bard]
AutoDrink=3000
AutoFeed=3000
[Cleric]
AutoDrink=3500
AutoFeed=3500
[Ranger]
AutoDrink=3000
AutoFeed=3000

When I do a /autofeed list on my ranger I get the following

MQ2FeedMe:: List Food:
- 1. Loaf of Bread
MQ2FeedMe:: AutoFeed(3000)
MQ2FeedMe:: Current Hunger(9150)

I'm not sure how the Current Hunger and AutoFeed related. I would think that Current Hunger should never get much past 3000. What am I missing and how do I fix this, PLEASE?

Sorry meant to add I'm seeing this same behavior on the cleric now as well.
Anyone? This is killing me. Appears to only affect melee types, bard and ranger. Oddly enough SK seems to be working fine. It looked like bard was working while camping BUT then I noticed he had used about 10 blood of velius

SA_krycek

WoW was the first MMO
RedCents
5,010¢
There is sometimes a conflict that prevents the client from consuming food. I've seen it happen when items are left on your cursor when MQ2Feedme tries to consume something. There could be other things that cause it, but this is a limitation of the EQ client, MQ2Feedme is still trying to force feed your toon. You said you were foraging, so that is a possible cause.

RedCents
40¢
There is sometimes a conflict that prevents the client from consuming food. I've seen it happen when items are left on your cursor when MQ2Feedme tries to consume something. There could be other things that cause it, but this is a limitation of the EQ client, MQ2Feedme is still trying to force feed your toon. You said you were foraging, so that is a possible cause.
Thanks for responding. That makes sense when foraging however today I am noticing the behavior on my bard. I substituted a lower level necro for ranger today so bard is pulling and we are not foraging. Not sure if anything dealing with class and current task could be causing the issue. It appears to be working fine on Cleric, Shaman, Mage, and SK who is tanking. Also, both Ranger and Bard are wood elfs, not sure that is relevant but wanted to throw it in case.

woobs

RedCents
920¢
I have a local version where I removed most of the old checks that prevented you from consuming. Looking at the VV version, these all have to be true to consume:

// nothing on cursor
// not casting (unless bard)
// not using abilities
// not looking at the spell book
// not interacting with vendor
// not trading with someone
// not banking
// not looting
// not Feigned
// not camping out

RedCents
40¢
I have a local version where I removed most of the old checks that prevented you from consuming. Looking at the VV version, these all have to be true to consume:

// nothing on cursor
// not casting (unless bard)
// not using abilities
// not looking at the spell book
// not interacting with vendor
// not trading with someone
// not banking
// not looting
// not Feigned
// not camping out
Thanks, not casting could be the bard issue. Not sure about the ranger though but this will get me further down the road I bet. Thanks again.

woobs

RedCents
920¢
I thought that also. Which is why I checked the code and found that, for the Bard, casting shouldn't interfere.

RedCents
40¢
I thought that also. Which is why I checked the code and found that, for the Bard, casting shouldn't interfere.
What could be an issue is does casting interrupt if you take a bite of something. I really don't want my cleric stopping a heal to stuff his face. They run off the same ini don't they?

woobs

RedCents
920¢
It won't consume if you are Casting (except for the Bard, which can do both at the same time).

RedCents
395¢
maybe a setting to put it when you eat or drink up to when you hit your autofeed and autodrink level. So you're not constantly sitting there chomp chomp chomping

Also, whats a bag configuration you use. I always have a tradeskill satchel in my top left slot cause I wasnt using hp/food water so i didnt eat it and it was easier to have all my tradeskill items fall right into the bag. Now I have to keep my good food in top left and its not tradeskill satchel compliant.

SA_krycek

WoW was the first MMO
RedCents
5,010¢
possible having a mod rod stuck on cursor will do it to.
Also, whats a bag configuration you use. I always have a tradeskill satchel in my top left slot cause I wasnt using hp/food water so i didnt eat it and it was easier to have all my tradeskill items fall right into the bag. Now I have to keep my good food in top left and its not tradeskill satchel compliant.
Top left bag is a normal bag with stat food in the first slot. I also make sure to keep this bag full at all times with clickies, powersources and whatever else you might want to just carry with you at all times so that no looted items go into it. Second bag is tradeskill bag, third bag is the collections only bag from eyes in the dark quest. All regular bags after that.

RedCents
40¢
maybe a setting to put it when you eat or drink up to when you hit your autofeed and autodrink level. So you're not constantly sitting there chomp chomp chomping

For Ranger, whom I seem to have issues with, I have a quiver in the top left slot. No way to change that. Not sure about bard he may have a quiver too. I'm thinking the "cursor" issue is probably it. I haven't been playing ranger as stated earlier because I sub in my necro for lvls atm.

RedCents
40¢
possible having a mod rod stuck on cursor will do it to.

Top left bag is a normal bag with stat food in the first slot. I also make sure to keep this bag full at all times with clickies, powersources and whatever else you might want to just carry with you at all times so that no looted items go into it. Second bag is tradeskill bag, third bag is the collections only bag from eyes in the dark quest. All regular bags after that.
This also sounds logical as I do have a mage throwing them out there. Generally they are put up quickly though by software.

My theory atm based on everyone's feed back is the Ranger issue was simply a problem with foraging and having something on the cursor. Keep in mind we are talking literally 5 days 24 hours a day on the foraging grp. I think the bard, as he has also been in box group, is simply the spell issue. I am still trying to make sense of how to make the change Woobs suggested lol.

SA_krycek

WoW was the first MMO
RedCents
5,010¢
Nothing like running around POK and people clearly haven't moved in hours and you see Chomp, chomp, chomp or Glug, glug, glug or even someone staggering by the Brandy Merchant. :)
I get where you're coming from, but does it really matter? It's only really obvious to someone with some MQ2 familiarity. Most of the general EQ playerbase is completely oblivious to things like this.

RedCents
2,900¢
I get where you're coming from, but does it really matter? It's only really obvious to someone with some MQ2 familiarity. Most of the general EQ playerbase is completely oblivious to things like this.
Ya I look at it the same way. If you didn't know about it, you wouldn't even think about it. haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)