• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQBC

Plugin - MQ2EQBC (1 Viewer)

@thedank I finally found where some of my crashes came from as I tested slightly different things. If I do a fresh install (rather than copying an old config) of MacroQuest from zip file it crashes, I tracked it down to the default loading of MQ2dannet=1 (when it builds a default Macroquest.ini). Do you have dannet working in your Wine setup?
No I use an old version of eqbc that I compiled natively for linux.

No I use an old version of eqbc that I compiled natively for linux.
1) have any instructions on where to get and build that, 2) could you try loading dannet and see if yours crashes as well just to see whether its something specific to me.... i am pretty sure it is problems with epoll() in the zeromq library he uses.

Thanks Knightly, but looking for what thedank is using for his linux build. The code in your link doesn't build under Linux, I could probably port it but if thedank has a working version I will go for that.

Actually EQBC seems to start under wine just fine, I probably won't get to test operationally until weekend so no need to worry about native Linux build (at least for me).

Thanks Knightly, but looking for what thedank is using for his linux build. The code in your link doesn't build under Linux, I could probably port it but if thedank has a working version I will go for that.

I have an old c++ file of eqbc that I compile from a few years back. It is not available publicly anywhere that I know of.

The source in the repo has the code for Linux in it. It probably just needs to be updated since people rarely compile on Linux.

This occurs when you try to log too many characters in at once.

The good news is you can just disconnect and reconnect them and it will work fine.

If the Username is just LOGIN you can actually send a message like /bct LOGIN //say Hi its me! and it will respond.

If you really want to avoid this issue - make the jump to Dannet.

This occurs when you try to log too many characters in at once.

The good news is you can just disconnect and reconnect them and it will work fine.

If the Username is just LOGIN you can actually send a message like /bct LOGIN //say Hi its me! and it will respond.

If you really want to avoid this issue - make the jump to Dannet.

I ended up having to reboot all the characters. EQBCS became very laggy and unresponsive. Restarting it and relogging chars fixed it.

Anyone else getting an error when installing this as a service on windows 11? It times out when starting the service and then gives a 1053 error. It actually works as soon as you start the service, but once it times out it closes the service.

Is anyone else having issues logging onto the BCCMD Server. I am getting an error message saying it's an invalid command. Was find before the patch and also it wiped all my MQ Loading Profiles …they are all gone.

I am unable to login to BCCMD Server ...command not valid command error msg. HELP!!!!
posting in several places at the same time is the second to last possible way to get the help you need, because you are asking people to chase you around the forums :(

EQBCS Server? Yes, I started it on Lauching MQ2. Like I said there were no issues until after the patch and it also wiped out all my character profiles under the MQ2 Menu. Not sure what's going on but it is just not working .
that sounds like you are launching macroquest from a location that you don't usually launch it from.

check the redguides launcher settings tab and ensure it is pointing where you expect it to be pointing.

the launcher has no metho dof "wiping out your character profiles" which means you are likely having a duplicate install.

that sounds like you are launching macroquest from a location that you don't usually launch it from.

check the redguides launcher settings tab and ensure it is pointing where you expect it to be pointing.

the launcher has no metho dof "wiping out your character profiles" which means you are likely having a duplicate install.
Thank you very much SiC. You hit it right on the head. The new launcher install was defaulting to a different folder than where everything actually was. So thank you!! The next thing I need to figure out is how to properly write code into my MQ2React .yaml file so that I can beat Shei. I keep wiping at 2% - 5% left to go and I am not sure why other than those pesky adds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I do BYOS on the CWTN Plugins ...does that mean I must run the toon myself or is that just to replace a couple spells that you'd like to use but not the major ones used by the plugin? Do you or someone else think they could give me a hand with creating a .yaml file for my Enchanter so that he will mez/charm those ugly little adds in the SHei event that would make them poof. I watched your vid and you seemed to not have any issues at all with that group and my group is much higher level and better geared than when you did that vid. However, the result is what I have already posted. Thanks again for pointing out the obvious as to why my MQ2 was not working.

Should I name the BYOS Spell Set a particular name and where would I place this in the macro/plugin so that it chooses that file set and not the default? I would like to get my .yaml file for MQ2React to get my Bard, Shaman, and Enchanter doing the things necessary to get those ugly bald-headed aliens to poof instead of beating on my tank. A lot to ask, sorry, but you seem to have all the answers that I seek. Have a blessed day and I will look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Last edited:
Thank you very much SiC. You hit it right on the head. The new launcher install was defaulting to a different folder than where everything actually was. So thank you!! The next thing I need to figure out is how to properly write code into my MQ2React .yaml file so that I can beat Shei. I keep wiping at 2% - 5% left to go and I am not sure why other than those pesky adds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I do BYOS on the CWTN Plugins ...does that mean I must run the toon myself or is that just to replace a couple spells that you'd like to use but not the major ones used by the plugin? Do you or someone else think they could give me a hand with creating a .yaml file for my Enchanter so that he will mez/charm those ugly little adds in the SHei event that would make them poof. I watched your vid and you seemed to not have any issues at all with that group and my group is much higher level and better geared than when you did that vid. However, the result is what I have already posted. Thanks again for pointing out the obvious as to why my MQ2 was not working.

Should I name the BYOS Spell Set a particular name and where would I place this in the macro/plugin so that it chooses that file set and not the default? I would like to get my .yaml file for MQ2React to get my Bard, Shaman, and Enchanter doing the things necessary to get those ugly bald-headed aliens to poof instead of beating on my tank. A lot to ask, sorry, but you seem to have all the answers that I seek. Have a blessed day and I will look forward to hearing your suggestions.
if you are asking about the cwtn plugins for byos, you should watch the byos custom video where i explain it - the things you just asked are not things it does.

Hello OLOT, you will definitely want to look at the > MQ2EQBC overview < there are some tabs there with "Instructions" and "Commands, and "Overview" etc

There is also a video at the top

/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112
/bccmd set autoconnect on

tl;dr
run the eqbc server (dont close it)
have the plugin loaded on your characters /plugin mq2eqbc load
connect to it /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112

I could not find the answers I was looking for via search so here goes. How do I set up 1 instance of EQBCS on 1 computer and have toons on another computer connect to it? I have run toons on 2 different computers but the follow me, come to me, and mimic me functions do not cross to the other computer. I assume it has something to do with changing the 127.0.0.1 IP to that of the computer that runs the main instance of EQBCS.

I could not find the answers I was looking for via search so here goes. How do I set up 1 instance of EQBCS on 1 computer and have toons on another computer connect to it? I have run toons on 2 different computers but the follow me, come to me, and mimic me functions do not cross to the other computer. I assume it has something to do with changing the 127.0.0.1 IP to that of the computer that runs the main instance of EQBCS.
you need to have computer 2 connect to the local ip of computer 1 (where the eqbcs is running).

127.0.0.1 is "home"

Sorry Sic, I need more explanation, software is not my forte. I set the .ini file to connect to the 198.x.x.x:2112 of the main computer and nothing.

Sorry Sic, I need more explanation, software is not my forte. I set the .ini file to connect to the 198.x.x.x:2112 of the main computer and nothing.
did you click on the stuff above? what step specifically did you have trouble with

> this thing here < is a guide on how to do exactly what you're asking about

on computer 2 you just /bccmd connect 192.168.x.xxx:2112 whatever is the ip for your eqbc server (on computer 1)

you will need to make sure your local network / firewall is allowing those connections to happen

or you can also use dannet and there is no server

Has anyone got EQBC running on a raspberry pi? If so, any guides on how to do so? Would love to offload EQBC to another platform than run it on my machine. For no real reason, really.

Plugin - MQ2EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back