• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQBC

Plugin - MQ2EQBC (2 Viewers)

Keep having an issue here with EQBC with NEXT.

So when i first log on all toons are connected and working fine, after not long there seems to be the issue that it just stops working.
MQ"EQBC is showing status as online and connected on each toon however when i check to request names of those connected it just sits on Requesting names.

Keeps happening shortly after im logged in with them all connected and working
View attachment 36603

EDIT
After some playing around with stopping, installing - re-allowing and STOP INSTALL START on below tool it seems to work... ill update if its just temporary or a perm thing.
View attachment 36604
Easy fix for this is using DanNet. All your eqbc problems go away. :)

Keep having an issue here with EQBC with NEXT.

So when i first log on all toons are connected and working fine, after not long there seems to be the issue that it just stops working.
MQ"EQBC is showing status as online and connected on each toon however when i check to request names of those connected it just sits on Requesting names.

Keeps happening shortly after im logged in with them all connected and working
View attachment 36603

EDIT
After some playing around with stopping, installing - re-allowing and STOP INSTALL START on below tool it seems to work... ill update if its just temporary or a perm thing.
View attachment 36604
That’s a different version of EQBCS than what comes with Next. That’s the version from MQ2.

There were several different versions of EQBCS with different bug fixes and different features. We took all of those and combined most of the features and all of the bug fixes into a single EQBCS.exe that sits in your Next directory. So if you’re using one of the older ones you’re probably going to encounter bugs that still exist in those.

That particular one has a problem under heavy load where characters stop responding. You can mitigate this by manually setting the process priority.

That’s a different version of EQBCS than what comes with Next. That’s the version from MQ2.

There were several different versions of EQBCS with different bug fixes and different features. We took all of those and combined most of the features and all of the bug fixes into a single EQBCS.exe that sits in your Next directory. So if you’re using one of the older ones you’re probably going to encounter bugs that still exist in those.

That particular one has a problem under heavy load where characters stop responding. You can mitigate this by manually setting the process priority.
See this is what i thought also Knightly. I ran the EQBC.exe in the NEXT folders but it did not do anything to help fix.. It was only after a while i went back to the old MQ2 eqbc VV folder and opened that version of EQBC tool that it all started working again.
I have noticed while using NEXT that for some reason it still uses things within the old VV folder such as my loot.ini is being processed there and not within next folder.. I dont know enough about it to fix it at the moment so im just kinda using the both once i find out that editing the NEXT configs that no change happens if i go to old VV folder and change configs sometimes it works..

Strange one really. Most other CWTN plugins and configs for kiss etc all work from NEXT folder

I'm posting about the difficulty I had after recently returning to EQ, downloading the new MQ2Next and having trouble connecting to EQBC in order to hopefully save someone else a headache ....

I recently came back to EQ and downloaded MQ2Next after seeing that this was the latest version, but had a hell of a time getting EQBC working. I made sure that I started EQBC by right-clicking on the MQ2Next icon in my system tray, yada yada yada ... I still had issues. In-game it said my toons were connected to the server and I even had the separate EQBC black window minimized in my Windows taskbar, but EQBC commands were not working in-game. How I fixed it was by going to each character in-game, disconnecting from the EQBC server (/bccmd quit) then going into Task Manager -> Services -> and right-clicking to 'stop' the MQ2EQBCS service. Then, go back to the MQ icon in your system tray, right click, and click 'Start EQBC Server'. I don't know why, but it was only after that I went through this process that EQBC started working in-game.

I'm posting about the difficulty I had after recently returning to EQ, downloading the new MQ2Next and having trouble connecting to EQBC in order to hopefully save someone else a headache ....

I recently came back to EQ and downloaded MQ2Next after seeing that this was the latest version, but had a hell of a time getting EQBC working. I made sure that I started EQBC by right-clicking on the MQ2Next icon in my system tray, yada yada yada ... I still had issues. In-game it said my toons were connected to the server and I even had the separate EQBC black window minimized in my Windows taskbar, but EQBC commands were not working in-game. How I fixed it was by going to each character in-game, disconnecting from the EQBC server (/bccmd quit) then going into Task Manager -> Services -> and right-clicking to 'stop' the MQ2EQBCS service. Then, go back to the MQ icon in your system tray, right click, and click 'Start EQBC Server'. I don't know why, but it was only after that I went through this process that EQBC started working in-game.
yeah, if you are trying to run more than 1 eqbc server at a time, including if you have the old mq2eqbcs set as a service, you can and will have troubles.

soon ™️ the launcher will be updated so this should no longer be an issue as it won't start another one if you already have one running.

but yes, as mentioned in this thread and in a few other places, you just want to run the new eqbcs and you definitely do not want to be running the old versions

Knightly did a splendiferous job on the new eqbcs thanks knightly!

yeah, if you are trying to run more than 1 eqbc server at a time, including if you have the old mq2eqbcs set as a service, you can and will have troubles.

soon ™️ the launcher will be updated so this should no longer be an issue as it won't start another one if you already have one running.

but yes, as mentioned in this thread and in a few other places, you just want to run the new eqbcs and you definitely do not want to be running the old versions

Knightly did a splendiferous job on the new eqbcs thanks knightly!

Was it a default setting/recommended during setup that the old mq2eqbcs was set as a service? I wouldn't even know how to intentionally run two different servers as I always got the message "EQBC is already running" any time I accidentally tried to start the server again. When I originally used Redguides with the old MQ, I just followed the setup guides. I'm not proficient enough to make changes to any of these programs, best I can do is follow the wonderful guides and edit some ini.'s that all you amazing coders put out for the rest of us.

See this is what i thought also Knightly. I ran the EQBC.exe in the NEXT folders but it did not do anything to help fix.. It was only after a while i went back to the old MQ2 eqbc VV folder and opened that version of EQBC tool that it all started working again.
I have noticed while using NEXT that for some reason it still uses things within the old VV folder such as my loot.ini is being processed there and not within next folder.. I dont know enough about it to fix it at the moment so im just kinda using the both once i find out that editing the NEXT configs that no change happens if i go to old VV folder and change configs sometimes it works..

Strange one really. Most other CWTN plugins and configs for kiss etc all work from NEXT folder
Probably not the right thread for this but -- the reason that happens is in your ini the path has been hardcoded. So we copied your old ini that said "Use the loot file located at: Old Location." If you update where that points, it will fix it. This was just bad design in the original program writing the location of the ini file.

Running Team with War

Followme (not working) is getting these responses on mq window- //multiline;/a followoff;/nav stop/timed 5/ a follow spawn 26448

Come to me- Last night all would come to me except one character and he kept running back to original camp even after camp was removed

Set all hotkeys Come to me / Camp on / Camp off and Chase per the instructions on moving toons . Note all toons are running on CWTN

Any clues would be greatly appreciated

Running Team with War

Followme (not working) is getting these responses on mq window- //multiline;/a followoff;/nav stop/timed 5/ a follow spawn 26448

Come to me- Last night all would come to me except one character and he kept running back to original camp even after camp was removed

Set all hotkeys Come to me / Camp on / Camp off and Chase per the instructions on moving toons . Note all toons are running on CWTN

Any clues would be greatly appreciated
you appear to be posting in a kissassist thread about cwtn toons and about your come to me not working (eqbc).

I'll move this to the eqbc thread.

a: your cwtn toons you need them NOT in assist mode if you don't want them "running back to original camp". if they are in manual mode and still doing this, then you might ALSO be running kissassist or some other automation, which you don't want to do.

b: for come to me button to work you need to have everyone connected to eqbc or dannet
- if you do a /bccmd names and don't see everyone, then that would be why they don't respond

I am also having the problem of it not connecting to the port. I've read through this whole thread carefully and tried everything you've suggested. I've migrated to NEXT following your video, I've rebooted to be sure I'm only running 1 eqbc, tried /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112 as an ingame command, checked in the task manager and eqbc is NOT running in the Service window.
When I go back to MQ2 everything loads fine and finds the port fine. But MQNext cannot connect to the port.
I'm pretty stymied.
What is the best way to uninstall NEXT from my location and remove it from my machine then try a fresh install rather than just clicking the install button? Maybe I need to install it on a different drive.
Please help.

I am also having the problem of it not connecting to the port. I've read through this whole thread carefully and tried everything you've suggested. I've migrated to NEXT following your video, I've rebooted to be sure I'm only running 1 eqbc, tried /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112 as an ingame command, checked in the task manager and eqbc is NOT running in the Service window.
When I go back to MQ2 everything loads fine and finds the port fine. But MQNext cannot connect to the port.
I'm pretty stymied.
What is the best way to uninstall NEXT from my location and remove it from my machine then try a fresh install rather than just clicking the install button? Maybe I need to install it on a different drive.
Please help.
this sounds like you don't have the new eqbcs added as an exemption to your windows defender or other firewall

Just want to say, I'm soooooooo happy that the new launcher adds in the ability to launch the EQBCS with MQ!! No more accidental double instances of it running on my pc! Woooohooo!! :) :) :) I'm such a N00B...I know. It's the little things! Haha!

Just want to say, I'm soooooooo happy that the new launcher adds in the ability to launch the EQBCS with MQ!! No more accidental double instances of it running on my pc! Woooohooo!! :) :) :) I'm such a N00B...I know. It's the little things! Haha!
you rock!

this sounds like you don't have the new eqbcs added as an exemption to your windows defender or other firewall
Can you tell me how to do that?

I'm not sure my last question actually posted. I asked: Can you tell me how to do that?
But one more question: I'm trying to migrate my MQ2 files to a new computer so I don't have to start over developing everything. What do I need to do to do this? Do I just copy and past the files to the new computer?

Can you tell me how to do that?

I'm not sure my last question actually posted. I asked: Can you tell me how to do that?
But one more question: I'm trying to migrate my MQ2 files to a new computer so I don't have to start over developing everything. What do I need to do to do this? Do I just copy and past the files to the new computer?
You'd want to google how to do that

maybe like > this <

Windows 10​

1. Right-click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
  2. Click Windows Firewall.
  3. Click Advanced Settings.
  4. Click Inbound Rules, then New Rule.
  5. Select Program from the Rule Type window, then click Next. Note: This includes SQLbrowser.exe.
  6. Click Browse below This program path to select the program executable file, then click Next.
  7. Ensure Allow the connection is selected, then click Next.
  8. Select When to apply the rule (Domain, Private, or Public), then click Next.
  9. Enter a Name and optional Description, then click Finish.

So I switched to MQNext,

I did the Migration checked, double checked triple checked that I was doing everything right so I didn't screw up all my MQ2 stuff.
and it worked Great!! all my KA ini's are good, my misc ini's are good all my macro ini's are good from what I can tell,

so I started running...

then I noticed the problem.. no "Channel" command that I send to EQBC seems to work.

the normal command's all work fine, everyone is connected correctly.
/bca //sit
/bcaa //sit
/bcg //sit
/bcga //sit
/bct "toon" //sit

have all been tested and work fine,

these however........

/bct DPS //attack on
/bct Healers //sit
ect

do NOT work anymore,

I've used the same attack key for years, so I would assume there isn't anything wrong with that. "Unless I missed a change"
that being said I may have missed it and it's a simple fix that I have over looked .

I have made sure only 1 MQ / EQBC are open.
I have dissconnected / reconnected every toon, and reassigned channels for every toon.
I have checked the EQBC ini. copied the one from my old MQ, Deleted it and made a new one,

any help would be appreciated, my lack of sleep / stressed out brain can't figure it out.

did you create a dps channel?

/bccmd channel dps

/bct dps //say hi

they are case sensitive

so if you created DPS and are using dps or vice versa you need to adjust

i personally, never had great results using channels with eqbc - but mq2dannet channel/groups work AMAZINGLY

edit - it appears the channel that gets created as lowercase even if you try and create it uppercase

which means you have to use the lowercase name when trying to bct the group

eqbci != eqbcs

eqbci was a @jimbob thing - was an external interface for eqbc

I don't believe it is available on next at this time

eqbci != eqbcs

eqbci was a @jimbob thing - was an external interface for eqbc

I don't believe it is available on next at this time
was looking for the external interface ..... thank you!

Is there any other way to control toons from another computer and see what is going on that exsist for EQBC currently?

was looking for the external interface ..... thank you!

Is there any other way to control toons from another computer and see what is going on that exsist for EQBC currently?
Months ago there was a brief discussion about how to set up a common EQBCS server/service, but after a few discussions it died out.

Dannet will report (and maybe allow control?) on PCs on the same network.

IE wifes char(s) will show up on boxhud.

Is it possible to remotely connect to a EQBCS server outside of the Local Area Network? Was progress ever made on the Android EQBCS App?

Is it possible to remotely connect to a EQBCS server outside of the Local Area Network? Was progress ever made on the Android EQBCS App?
yup, you can, just need to make sure you have your port forwarding setup correctly.

re: eqbci - you can see some of the above posts that it still works, i'm not sure @jimbob has done much to it recently, but he might be able to answer with some deets

Is it possible to remotely connect to a EQBCS server from outside of the LAN? Was progress made on the EQBCS app for Android?
you're double posting.

in case you don't see my response above you:

yup, you can, just need to make sure you have your port forwarding setup correctly.

re: eqbci - you can see some of the above posts that it still works, i'm not sure @jimbob has done much to it recently, but he might be able to answer with some deets

I don't think I ever publicly released my version of the EQBCI Android App. Looking at the MQ2EQBCS for RG's MQNext compile, it should work fine with the extended info for eqbci.

OK, I've changed 2 computers over to MQ Next with no problems. But I have 1 computer running Windows 10 that launches Next but the EQBCS doesn't start....you usually get the prompt to start EQBCS after launching MQ Next but mine goes start to the black screen port connection popup.....then it goes nowhere...I watched the mitagration video maybe 5 times... still no go...So I deleted MQ and did a total new install but still not getting the pop up start EQBCS and the black screen of waiting for ports....OK... I need help... MQ worked perfectly for a year on this computer....Help

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    895.1 KB · Views: 13
just came back after a year off- had same problems

here is what i did
I had old eqbc installed as service - could see it when I booted computer under processes tab of task manager - under "background processes"

1- from task manager - disable the old service -
2- use launcher install program to uninstall everything - mainly to get rid of legacy stuff
3 - reinstall launcher and reinstall next

there may be easier way to uninstall the old eqbc service but i was too lazy to google it

works fine now

Now off to figure out this Lau shit......

OK, I've changed 2 computers over to MQ Next with no problems. But I have 1 computer running Windows 10 that launches Next but the EQBCS doesn't start....you usually get the prompt to start EQBCS after launching MQ Next but mine goes start to the black screen port connection popup.....then it goes nowhere...I watched the mitagration video maybe 5 times... still no go...So I deleted MQ and did a total new install but still not getting the pop up start EQBCS and the black screen of waiting for ports....OK... I need help... MQ worked perfectly for a year on this computer....Help

the eqbcs window, the window you show in your screenshot is the eqbc server window. that needs to be running so you can connect in game.

EQBCS Priority setting in Windows Task manager. I would like to set my priority higher than Normal. When I set priority to High is does not save the settings for the next session of EQBCS and I have to go through the process again to change the priority. Is there a way to set it for a permanent solution?

I noticed something odd with EQBCS since the switch yesterday to 64 and MacroQuest (I was still on legacy VV). Some of my toons when I do a fresh login with autologin will join eqbcs with odd names or just not connect at all.
One joined eqbcs as "LOGIN" and the other "LOGcharname" as shown in the screenshot of the eqbcs program. Capture.PNG If I do a/bccmd quit and then /bccmd connect it seems to join with the right name.

I noticed something odd with EQBCS since the switch yesterday to 64 and MacroQuest (I was still on legacy VV). Some of my toons when I do a fresh login with autologin will join eqbcs with odd names or just not connect at all.
One joined eqbcs as "LOGIN" and the other "LOGcharname" as shown in the screenshot of the eqbcs program. View attachment 38038 If I do a/bccmd quit and then /bccmd connect it seems to join with the right name.
that sometimes happens when too many connect at once

do a /bccmd reconnect on that character

1645145092748.png

I have gotten this a couple times lately. i can get it fixed buy manually force stopping EQBC and then starting again. MOstly just wondering why its happening. Sorry thats all the info i have at the moment

View attachment 38144

I have gotten this a couple times lately. i can get it fixed buy manually force stopping EQBC and then starting again. MOstly just wondering why its happening. Sorry thats all the info i have at the moment
remote connection closed - do you a firewall or similar that might be terminating the connection?

edit: are you on a wireless network adapter?

Plugin - MQ2EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back