• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQBC

Plugin - MQ2EQBC (1 Viewer)

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. Not a :bug, but interesting... One that behaves similarly to hot keys using /g text text or /say or whatever. So more than likely, a fundamental EQ issue.

Scenario:
Main window (the default/first one EQ gives you) is set to one language.
Window 2 is set to another language. Window 2 also happens to be "Always Chat Here".

Just like pressing a hot key with text, /bcaa //tell xxxx die, also uses the language from the Main Window (fundamentally the main window according to EQ). Only two of these in this example have the language in the Main Window set to Elder Dragon. Btw, works great for language spam using hot keys. Of course, if you manually type in /tell xxxx die, it will use the language from that window (which is Common in this case). Forgive me if I have dissected this too much. Good reminder though of how unforeseen things can pop up on you.

1635889529952.png

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. Not a :bug, but interesting... One that behaves similarly to hot keys using /g text text or /say or whatever. So more than likely, a fundamental EQ issue.

Scenario:
Main window (the default/first one EQ gives you) is set to one language.
Window 2 is set to another language. Window 2 also happens to be "Always Chat Here".

Just like pressing a hot key with text, /bcaa //tell xxxx die, also uses the language from the Main Window (fundamentally the main window according to EQ). Only two of these in this example have the language in the Main Window set to Elder Dragon. Btw, works great for language spam using hot keys. Of course, if you manually type in /tell xxxx die, it will use the language from that window (which is Common in this case). Forgive me if I have dissected this too much. Good reminder though of how unforeseen things can pop up on you.

View attachment 34701
you're broadcasting to use the eq /tell command - which sends a tell in the language you are using, so yes that is correct

you're broadcasting to use the eq /tell command - which sends a tell in the language you are using, so yes that is correct

Did I make it too confusing? For /tells done manually, it uses the language from Window 2. And Hot keys always use the language from the "Main" Window (even though the sender shows it in Window 2). I noticed that even though I typed it out from the window for one language, it acted like a hot key instead and used the language from the "Main" window (even though the Sender shows it in the other Window) :raise:

Did I make it too confusing? For /tells done manually, it uses the language from Window 2. And Hot keys always use the language from the "Main" Window (even though the sender shows it in Window 2). I noticed that even though I typed it out from the window for one language, it acted like a hot key instead and used the language from the "Main" window (even though the Sender shows it in the other Window) :raise:
do you somehow not have "always chat here" on one of your windows? you might be getting some secondary behavior based on that

do you somehow not have "always chat here" on one of your windows? you might be getting some secondary behavior based on that

Hot keys and automated responses (AFK) messages always use the language setting of EQ's default Chat window.

I do use "Always Chat Here", but EQ ignores this setting for those exceptions noted. Then I was doing some stuff with bcaa and saw it followed the same behavior, even though it was manually typed in. Granted, it was broadcast out, and probably presented to EQ as a "hot key" when it the clients received it and that would explain it.

Any who, fun stuff can be done. Like hot keys to spam language training while you can normally type without having to fiddle with changing language mode. Freaks groups out sometimes when they can't read it 😃

Hello everyone,

I wanted to see and ask if there is a way that EQBC is only started/launched when I load RG?

I am currently on my laptop and the usage was around 28% of my CPU when i wasn't even on or started the RG program. I also wasn't aware it starts on it own without the main RG program running.

Just let me know! it might be a settings thing but i didnt see it listed anywhere.

Thanks!

If using MQ2 and you have the box checked to launch with MQ2, then yes. With Next you need to manually launch it. It should not self launch for any reason outside of that.

Ahh. So you are saying if that box is checked the EQBC program will always run when windows starts?

Which is weird, because it should only launch and be active when i load RG program and start my EQ session.

Do you have a previous version from maybe MMOBugs, or self made version that could be running in background to launch at start up?

I do not, and have never made a self made version. The usage on my laptop has been high for quite a while and i never pay attention to it till today.

Regardless, once the computer restarts and/or shuts down. the program should have stopped. This is what i am concerned about that it didnt and why it has been using so much of my CPU power.

My thoughts would be that at some point you set up eqbcs as a service in windows and that is why it starts up with windows.

Hmm i will have to check on this. I just did a fresh install so ill see what is going to happen. This does give me a good reason to switch to NEXT however!

Thank guys

Hmm i will have to check on this. I just did a fresh install so ill see what is going to happen. This does give me a good reason to switch to NEXT however!

Thank guys
the new eqbcs.exe has "all of the goods and none of the bads" that the old eqbcs had, and no need for multiple different versions

Hi Sic, something just happened to /bccmd connect... it appears that when i launch redguides mqnext, it doesnt auto connect to server. when i try and load server, it says waiting for connections on port : 2112. used to work automtically, not sure what happened. pls advize... Thanks,,,

Hi Sic, something just happened to /bccmd connect... it appears that when i launch redguides mqnext, it doesnt auto connect to server. when i try and load server, it says waiting for connections on port : 2112. used to work automtically, not sure what happened. pls advize... Thanks,,,
restart your computer and try again

Right, restarted computer, launched MQ2, it is in Next mode... selected launch server, says still waiting to connect 2112... next step?
well the restart was to ensure you aren't trying to run multiple eqbcs at the same time, so if you ever did something like install the old one as a service you'd want to double check you're not trying to run two, as that will cause issues.

but eqbc is pretty straight forward

> Here < with a > guide < (which is pretty overkill really)

assuming you just have the 1 eqbc server running, you can just connect to it with the /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112

you can just do these, and it will set where you connect to, and where to reconnect

INI:
/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112
/bccmd set autoconnect on

if you do a /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112 and it says that you are already connected, then it is very likely that you have two eqbc servers running and that is the root of your issues

if you're trying to connect to some other eqbc server, instead of the "home" 127.0.0.1 and port 2112, you would want to connect to the local ip address of that server (assuming it is a local eqbc server of course)

ok, been thru the guide couple times , i can load mq2eqbc, says already loaded... but when i try to /bccmd connect, says "connecting to 127.0.0.1 2112,... Could not connect)... I will read the tutorial more and see ifyou have troubleshooting steps... am sure its probably something i did mistakenly... thanks

Running on one pc... 6 toons... tried all the notes on teh eqbc idiot's guide, still not connecting, any other suggestions?

Running on one pc... 6 toons... tried all the notes on teh eqbc idiot's guide, still not connecting, any other suggestions?
I would exit all but 1 toon, just so you can narrow everything down.

can you confirm these:
do you have more than 1 eqbcs running? do you have eqbcs setup as a windows service?
do you possibly have anything blocking eqbcs from running? like antivirus or similar functionality disallowing it from allowing connections?

ok not sure what i did but tried a different toon , and it logged in, did same commands /bccmd status, /bccmd set autoconnect on, /bccmd reconnect on, and everything seems in order... not sure but does it have to do with which toon i set up first? I assumed (Bad word) that when launching MacroQuest2, the server automatically loaded... ?HOJ???

ok not sure what i did but tried a different toon , and it logged in, did same commands /bccmd status, /bccmd set autoconnect on, /bccmd reconnect on, and everything seems in order... not sure but does it have to do with which toon i set up first? I assumed (Bad word) that when launching MacroQuest2, the server automatically loaded... ?HOJ???
no, it shouldn't matter which toon you have loading first

you do need to make sure that eqbc server is running (and not just run it and X out of the server window).

if it is ever not running and you want it to
you can right click on your MacroQuest Icon

1639264879687.png

and then left click "Start EQBC Server"
1639264885033.png

I am using the mq2next but for some reason when I go to click start EQBC server the black screen opens but it says EQBC (EQ Box Chat Server) 1.5
Waiting for connections on port : 2112...
in game i always had a key i made the when clicked it did /bccmd connect and then when doing that on all my toons they would follow when i put them in chase mode but now i cant do that. Any help would be appreciated

I am using the mq2next but for some reason when I go to click start EQBC server the black screen opens but it says EQBC (EQ Box Chat Server) 1.5
Waiting for connections on port : 2112...
in game i always had a key i made the when clicked it did /bccmd connect and then when doing that on all my toons they would follow when i put them in chase mode but now i cant do that. Any help would be appreciated
yes, that is the eqbc server

you need that open

I am sorry bro I am one of those dont get it guys lol. it took me so long to get the original mq2 going now with this new one im lost again.

yes, so connect to it from in-game.

INI:
/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1
/bccmd set autoconnect on

If you are running more than one eqbc server, you will want to restart your computer and start fresh.

to start eqbc server
right click on your mq icon

1640232239066.png
then left-click "Start EQBC Server"

1640232262430.png

Last edited:
I am also having trouble connecting the the EQBCS server in game. I right click on the icon, then left click as you direct above. A window opens in the top left called EQ Box Chat Server (EQBCS). Then I load up one character and the MQ window starts with Welcome to MQ2EQBC, name: Use /bccmd help to see help. Then when I type /bccmd connect, it says: Connecting to 127.0.0.1 2112.... Could not connect.

Do I need to click on any of the buttons in the Chat Server box before I log a character in? If I click on the standalone button or debug button a black window flashes up and immediately disappears....

I am also having trouble connecting the the EQBCS server in game. I right click on the icon, then left click as you direct above. A window opens in the top left called EQ Box Chat Server (EQBCS). Then I load up one character and the MQ window starts with Welcome to MQ2EQBC, name: Use /bccmd help to see help. Then when I type /bccmd connect, it says: Connecting to 127.0.0.1 2112.... Could not connect.

Do I need to click on any of the buttons in the Chat Server box before I log a character in? If I click on the standalone button or debug button a black window flashes up and immediately disappears....
you need to only be running 1 eqbc server. so if you're launching multiple, or launching plus running as a windows service, then you can run into the issue you mention.

you are also running the legacy old MQ2 and should consider updataing to macroquest "Next" >>>> Guide Here <<<<

Thanks for the tips. I followed the guide, updated to Next, used the migration tool and rebooted my computer. Once back to the desktop, I opened the redguides launcher and launched macroquest (next was chosen). Then launched a toon through the MQ profile option. Once in game, I still got the exact same error. It would not allow me to connect and gave this message: Connecting to 127.0.0.1 2112.... Could not connect.

Thanks for the tips. I followed the guide, updated to Next, used the migration tool and rebooted my computer. Once back to the desktop, I opened the redguides launcher and launched macroquest (next was chosen). Then launched a toon through the MQ profile option. Once in game, I still got the exact same error. It would not allow me to connect and gave this message: Connecting to 127.0.0.1 2112.... Could not connect.
Between launching MQ2 from the launcher and loading a toon did you launch EQBCS? With NEXT you have to launch it from the MQ icon drop down before loading a toon. If you load a toon first and then launch EQBCS from the icon you need to do the BCCMD command in game

Between launching MQ2 from the launcher and loading a toon did you launch EQBCS? With NEXT you have to launch it from the MQ icon drop down before loading a toon. If you load a toon first and then launch EQBCS from the icon you need to do the BCCMD command in game
No, I did not...after clicking that before logging in I am able to connect! Thanks! Now that they are connected, the come to me button works just fine (after filling up my Next with nav meshes), but the follow me button gives errors:
"DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/afollow off'"
"DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/afollow Spawn 5421'"

No, I did not...after clicking that before logging in I am able to connect! Thanks! Now that they are connected, the come to me button works just fine (after filling up my Next with nav meshes), but the follow me button gives errors:
"DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/afollow off'"
"DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/afollow Spawn 5421'"
/afollow uses the mq2advpath plugin.

If you don't have it loaded you could load it on all characters by doing something like:

/bcaa //plugin mq2advpath load

Last edited:
A friend of mine is having an issue with his eqbcs where whenever he goes to start the bcs server it doesn’t do anything like there’s no message or anything just nothing he’s tried reinstalling and doing everything and it just won’t work idk if there’s some obvious fix we’re no seeing but I have no clue anyone know whats wrong?

A friend of mine is having an issue with his eqbcs where whenever he goes to start the bcs server it doesn’t do anything like there’s no message or anything just nothing he’s tried reinstalling and doing everything and it just won’t work idk if there’s some obvious fix we’re no seeing but I have no clue anyone know whats wrong?

Might be worth getting your friend to try adding it as an exclusion in his antivirus software (if he hasn't tried that already).

Last edited:
Plugin - MQ2EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back