• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQBC

Plugin - MQ2EQBC (1 Viewer)

I have a problem with EQBCS for some days as well...my toons log on the eqbcs server wheni launch them like they should but then after a while they are getting disconnected from the EQBCS server. They are still doing their stuff after that but "come to me" and all other /bcaa commands dont work, obviously.
I would double check some of the other posts in this thread. After recent launcher update, and coincidentally windows updates, some users have been running into a couple of issues. Double check you're not rubbing running both a free standing eqbcs and as a service etc

I would double check some of the other posts in this thread. After recent launcher update, and coincidentally windows updates, some users have been running into a couple of issues. Double check you're not rubbing both a free standing eqbcs and as a service etx
Sorry, thats too much tech talk for me :) I just do what i always did...

1. I launch the Red Guides Launcher (I have launch eqbcs with mq enabled)
2. I hit the button "Launch MQ"
3. I hit the Box "Standalone" on the EQ Box Chat Server Window
4. I minimize the eqbcs.exe window
5. In the taskbar i right click the mq icon and launch all my toons

What is the wrong step now in this sequence?

I am having the same problem. After a system boot I could no longer connect to the chat server. I checked my virus program to make sure mq2 stuff is allowed. I tried all variations of IP addresses. Nothing is working. Totally confused...

I am having the same problem. After a system boot I could no longer connect to the chat server. I checked my virus program to make sure mq2 stuff is allowed. I tried all variations of IP addresses. Nothing is working. Totally confused...
check out some of the posts above you (i moved your reply to the eqbc discussion thread for the plugin itself).

for some folks it has been:
windows update issues with firewalls
running more than 1 eqbc server (1 as a service and 1 freestanding)
needing to change to connect directly to your local ip address instead of 127.0.0.1 (which goes back to the windows update thing)
trying another eqbc server, like EQBCS2

Its like MQ2 isnt working. Got my characters in a group and they wont "Come to Me"... None of my /BCAA commands are working. I cant even type /bccmd reconnect on - Just says this is not a valid command. Is there something going on with MQ2 atm>? Or is there something I need to do to get back on track? Please Help

sounds like the plugin for eqbc is not loaded

try this
/plugin mq2eqbc load

if all your toons are logged in, you must do it on them all at least once

Used to be after i did a /bccmd connect, i would get a message that said connected followed by the names of my toons that were connected and come to me and follow me worked. Now after i do the /bccmd connect, it just says connected but does NOT list the names of my connected toons and come to me and follow me does NOT work. Any fix?

It's eqbcs. I'm pretty sure it's mq2, but on the launcher on the very vanilla page the tab says "launch mq" shouldn't it say "launch mq2" ??
Same on other characters, doesn't show names. MQ2Nav IS loaded.

But when I alt/click on the map, that works and when i use the activate path from the zone guide it will take me across multiple zones while i am afk and whatnot. Just the come to me and follow me are the problem.

But when I alt/click on the map, that works and when i use the activate path from the zone guide it will take me across multiple zones while i am afk and whatnot. Just the come to me and follow me are the problem.
those buttons are (on macroquest2) from mq2targetinfo; (on macroquest "next") mq2targetinfo, mq2groupinfo, mq2xtarinfo
if they are not there you will want to load the plugin
/plugin mq2groupinfo (on macroquest next)
/plugin mq2targetinfo (on macroquest2)

on the macroquest2 version those buttons are only visible when you are in a group (and the plugin is loaded) - there can also sometimes be conflicts if you're running both eqbc and mq2dannet

those buttons are (on macroquest2) from mq2targetinfo; (on macroquest "next") mq2targetinfo, mq2groupinfo, mq2xtarinfo
if they are not there you will want to load the plugin
/plugin mq2groupinfo (on macroquest next)
/plugin mq2targetinfo (on macroquest2)

on the macroquest2 version those buttons are only visible when you are in a group (and the plugin is loaded) - there can also sometimes be conflicts if you're running both eqbc and mq2dannet
MQ2targetinfo is there, and i am not running mq2dannet

I would double check you're not running multiple eqbc servers and are connecting to the one you think you are / want to

this can happen if you're connecting to the wrong one

Last edited:
not quite sure where to post this...is anyone else having bccmd server command issues? for instance shows all my toons are connected but my move to key is not working....hard to move all them toons around now?

not quite sure where to post this...is anyone else having bccmd server command issues? for instance shows all my toons are connected but my move to key is not working....hard to move all them toons around now?
it might be possible you have more than 1 running eqbc(server) at a time.

might be worth doing a computer reboot and see if you're gtg afterwards

Thought this might be a place to post, but I have been having a somewhat similar issue with my eqbcs also.

I connect via "/bccmd connect" and it says "connecting to 127.0.0.1 2112" and then "connected" but will not give me names of char on the server nor will it allow me to send messages or commands to the other chars that also says "connected" when I give the command "/bccmd connect".

I have tried "/mq2eqbcs unload" and then "/mq2eqbcs load" but that changes nothing, I have also tried logging all the way out of EQ and restarting VV and MQ2, nothing changes.

I am running all the chars on the same computer hence the 127.0.0.1 so it is not a computer connection issue.

any help would be appreciated.

First off do you launch eqbcs.exe as standalone or a windows service?

I have tried both ways today and still nothing changes, I have also tried eqbcs2 from VV and it still does the same thing, have also tried launching eqbcs from MQ2 and no change either

Thought this might be a place to post, but I have been having a somewhat similar issue with my eqbcs also.

I connect via "/bccmd connect" and it says "connecting to 127.0.0.1 2112" and then "connected" but will not give me names of char on the server nor will it allow me to send messages or commands to the other chars that also says "connected" when I give the command "/bccmd connect".

I have tried "/mq2eqbcs unload" and then "/mq2eqbcs load" but that changes nothing, I have also tried logging all the way out of EQ and restarting VV and MQ2, nothing changes.

I am running all the chars on the same computer hence the 127.0.0.1 so it is not a computer connection issue.

any help would be appreciated.
try restarting your computer. folks sometimes end up with 2 eqbc(s) running and not realize it then you will have the issue that you mention above. this is particularly the case if you run it as a service + try and launch stand-alone

Hoping someone can help me. I've followed this and it works. Then it stops working. Not sure what I am doing wrong. When I log on now I can't get the 'come to me' and 'follow me' buttons to work. When I do a /bccmd names nothing comes up. Its like they are not in a sever together, thought they are both connected. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. The first time I uninstalled everything and started back at ground zero. I'd really like to not do that again. I do my the /bccmd reconnect on and then the /bccmd set autoconnect on and I get the message "already connected". I can click on a character and type "/nav target" and it runs to them but doing the "come to me" does nothing I simply get "[(msg) Character_name] //nav id 9381". Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Hoping someone can help me. I've followed this and it works. Then it stops working. Not sure what I am doing wrong. When I log on now I can't get the 'come to me' and 'follow me' buttons to work. When I do a /bccmd names nothing comes up. Its like they are not in a sever together, thought they are both connected. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. The first time I uninstalled everything and started back at ground zero. I'd really like to not do that again. I do my the /bccmd reconnect on and then the /bccmd set autoconnect on and I get the message "already connected". I can click on a character and type "/nav target" and it runs to them but doing the "come to me" does nothing I simply get "[(msg) Character_name] //nav id 9381". Any suggestions as to what I can do?
if you're having this issue, it sounds like you might have 2 eqbc servers running.

i would restart your computer and then log in normally.

because if you can't get a `/bccmd names` to show names, it means the eqbc that in game is trying to communicate with is not the one that they are connected to

you can try a
/bccmd quit
/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1

Login servers were down so when I logged out I was stuck out. Anyway I restarted computer (was a fresh restart this morning, but thought I’d try again) and did the connect. Still nothing. I also disconnected and re-connected but when I do “/bccmd names” it lists no one. I thought I’d include this screenshot, don’t know if it might give you some insight. Thank you got your time, I really appreciate it. Hoping I don’t need to uninstall and reinstall again to make this work,

DFF84E4B-50E8-4F7D-98CB-26F97B6E2D0B.jpeg

Login servers were down so when I logged out I was stuck out. Anyway I restarted computer (was a fresh restart this morning, but thought I’d try again) and did the connect. Still nothing. I also disconnected and re-connected but when I do “/bccmd names” it lists no one. I thought I’d include this screenshot, don’t know if it might give you some insight. Thank you got your time, I really appreciate it. Hoping I don’t need to uninstall and reinstall again to make this work,

View attachment 33918
this will happen sometimes if you have more than one eqbc server running like if you have it set as a windows service PLUS launched it manually.

so i upgraded my pc can handle about 12 accounts on the new upgrade but i can only connect 6 toons to eqbc at once am i doing something wrong or is that the limit to eqbc?

so i upgraded my pc can handle about 12 accounts on the new upgrade but i can only connect 6 toons to eqbc at once am i doing something wrong or is that the limit to eqbc?
howdy kajax,

You're likely asking about eqbcs the "server" portion of eqbc. You should definitely be able to have more than 12, I frequently run many more than that, as do many other folks. There is a hard limit on eqbc (53 iirc or something).

I would strongly recommend moving over to MacroQuest "Next" and using the new eqbcs that knightly put together. it removes some of the limitations and issues and combines everything into 1 version instead of having to mess around with eqbcs eqbcs2 eqbcs-mule eqbcs-some-dude-made-this etc

k il look into that do i have to uninstall mq2
no, in fact, you definitely want it installed in another location.

Here are some quick instructions to get you going.

download next via the RG launcher
hit the migrator tool (will move any configs/macros etc from old install) (has a vid too)
setup framelimiter (i have a quick vid on it)
then:
/plugin groupinfo
/plugin targetinfo
/plugin xtarinfo

Migrator: <https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/macroquest-migrator.2156/>
Framelimiter: <https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mqnext-framelimiter-demo.78448/>

mental notes:

mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click

Plugin - MQ2EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back