• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQBC

Plugin - MQ2EQBC (1 Viewer)

Right click on your MQ2 icon in the tray. Then select "Start EQBC Server"

Should get a window like the below.
1605589333139.png

On the right hand side you can choose to "start" the service and see if that gets you going.

Hey guys, starting to play around with EQBC. Quick question - is there a way to have multiple servers on one computer? I have two groups doing two different things, so curious.

Thank you

So I'm new to mq2 and I think i may have an issue with eqbc. The past few nights when trying to run my sixbox my computer will randomly hard freeze and I'll have to reboot. I opened up the Windows 10 event logger and found that Mq2eqbcs has been listed as an error every second leading up to my last freeze. Any idea what might be happening?

Attachments

• EQBCS Error.JPG
    EQBCS Error.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 13
mine wont work. Plugin is loaded and keep getting "could not connect". I checked my firewall and its allowed. opened the interface and it says "a socket error has occured" and "the connection was refused by the peer"

Throwing some useful commands out to help with anyone with troubleshooting

If you are dealing with multiple computers you will need your servers real IP address
Get IP Address:
ipconfig | findstr /C:Address
(You are looking for your IPv4 address, which might change every time it reboots. In most cases your IP should start with 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x)

You may need to manually add a firewall rule to your computer. If using the Windows Firewall. Needs to be ran as an administrator.
Add Windows Firewall Rule:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="EQBC TCP 2112" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=2112 profile=Private
(You may want to look at which Profile your current network is set to. Windows will often set your home private network to Public)

To test if a second computer I prefer using Telnet to ensure the underlining networking is good. Telnet is not enable by default. To enable it run:
Install Telnet Client Feature:
dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:TelnetClient

To use telnet to check connectivity run:
INI:
telnet {severIP} 2112

For me it was: telnet 192.168.1.185 2112
You should get a blank box with a flashing cursor. There will not be any text. Your goal is to see nothing. If you see this error, its not working.
"Connecting To 192.168.1.185...Could not open connection to the host, on port 2112: Connect failed"
(It's Ctrl + ] to exit the telnet session)

Creating it as a Windows service:
Install As Service:
sc.exe create "EQBC Service" binPath= "{what ever your install path is}\RedGuides\VeryVanilla\Live\Release\EQBCS.exe" DisplayName= "EQBC Service"
You may need to go into your Services and set it to start automatically or to start/stop on demand. If you are running it as a service, there is no "DOS" box, its all hidden. This can make running it cleaner, but troubleshooting more challenging.

Few other important notes (at least important to me)
EQBC is not secure. There does not seem to be the ability to set a password to the build that ships with VV. Nor is communication encrypted.
So it is not suggest opening your EQBC to the world. Shodan scan the internet just looking for open ports.
if you are on a large shared network you may wish to use some caution. This is not super common., most I've seen it was with dorms or apartment complex which offer WiFi to all its renters.

I came across this thread earlier about using channels for each group. so using /bcg in each group would be separate and then you could use /bcga to send commands to both groups globally.

This is the guide for EQBC, I use it alot as a reference

Im no expert, just hoping to point ya in the right direction :)

Hope any of this helps!

LH
You have a good link for differences between EQBCS/EQBCS2/EQBCS-eqmule?

When I go to start EQBC server under MQ2 the window pops up, I hit stand alone it then will open up and immediately disappear. It has never done this before and just started doing it. I tried to launch the EQBC server from the Very Vanilla page as well with the same result. I guess I am confused as it would normally stay open.

When I go to start EQBC server under MQ2 the window pops up, I hit stand alone it then will open up and immediately disappear. It has never done this before and just started doing it. I tried to launch the EQBC server from the Very Vanilla page as well with the same result. I guess I am confused as it would normally stay open.
I would double-check your antivirus has your mq2 directory / launcher added to exception

and actually - i see the same thing here - both with the launcher and with running it manually

I personally use eqbcs2 due to performance difference between eqbcs and eqbcs2 - the 2 window stays visible as expected (i put mine on another desktop so i don't have to see it heh)

I would double-check your antivirus has your mq2 directory / launcher added to exception

and actually - i see the same thing here - both with the launcher and with running it manually

I personally use eqbcs2 due to performance difference between eqbcs and eqbcs2 - the 2 window stays visible as expected (i put mine on another desktop so i don't have to see it heh)
I just tried the eqbcs2 server and it worked just fine. I don't see any issues with my AV either! Thank you once again Sic for bailing this "toddler" smart computer guy out!

I echo Sic's response! I also use EQBCS2 and it loads perfectly every time. If you have not done so, give it a shot. When you run MQ2 with EQBCS2 and you will get a black window and then you just minimize the black window and the launcher and away you go.

I echo Sic's response! I also use EQBCS2 and it loads perfectly every time. If you have not done so, give it a shot. When you run MQ2 with EQBCS2 and you will get a black window and then you just minimize the black window and the launcher and away you go.
Yup, worked perfectly. I just didn't understand why the normal EQBC server just stopped working so suddenly

Now when I get in the game it is telling me to "Please run /plugin mq2eqbc and then /bccmd" even though I have the server running already? The eqbcs2 window says "waiting on connections on port: 2112?

For each toon in your group, you need to type /bccmd connect in order to connect each to the server. Pretty much everything is ran this way so that RedGuides can get you what you need when you do your updates to macros, plugins, and more. Try logging in all your toons to the server and see if that fixes your issue.

I forgot about that as I had it set to auto reconnect on the eqbc server. this maybe the issue.

No dice on that one, just tells me it couldn't connect, i also went in and manually opened up port 2112 to see if that fixed anything. it did not.

Last edited:
Now when I get in the game it is telling me to "Please run /plugin mq2eqbc and then /bccmd" even though I have the server running already? The eqbcs2 window says "waiting on connections on port: 2112?
yes, you need to connect to eqbc

the instructions tab > here < shows you how to do that

the autoconnect will make it so you try and automatically try and connect when your character logs into the game.

INI:
/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112
/bccmd set autoconnect on

Thanks, I fixed it somehow. It wasn't allowing me to connect using that command. I tried it. Anyways, I am up and running by playing with the ports and such.

Thanks, I fixed it somehow. It wasn't allowing me to connect using that command. I tried it. Anyways, I am up and running by playing with the ports and such.
mq2eqbc has to be loaded to use the command to connect.

you likely did a /plugin mq2eqbc load then a /bccmd connect

I have tried them all. I run multiple boxes and communicate all of them, The one I personally have had 0 issues with is EQBCS-eqmule. I think I did read where each of the eqbc files had different ways of communicating or working but really never got into the works of them.

I noticed my toons were very jerky and slow to respond to commands. I unloaded MQ2 from each, camped them from EQ, and rebooted. When I did I was prompted to install Windows 10 updates and I said YES.

Upon reloading MQ2 none of my toons were connecting to the EQBC.

I did /Plugin mq2eqbc on each toon and they all connected.

I then made sure auto connect was set to on.

all logged in characters connected and it started working. However a few moments later I received the message

1615346146913.png

I run all toons on the same box.

Any ideas what I missed?

I noticed my toons were very jerky and slow to respond to commands. I unloaded MQ2 from each, camped them from EQ, and rebooted. When I did I was prompted to install Windows 10 updates and I said YES.

Upon reloading MQ2 none of my toons were connecting to the EQBC.

I did /Plugin mq2eqbc on each toon and they all connected.

I then made sure auto connect was set to on.

all logged in characters connected and it started working. However a few moments later I received the message

View attachment 28825

I run all toons on the same box.

Any ideas what I missed?
I run eqbcs2.exe instead of eqbcs because of this issue - eqbcs would stop responding to 1 or more of my toons after a while.

you can do a /bccmd reconnect and it will try and kill your current connection and try to reconnect.

but getting a didn't recieve from server - means you probably need to either a: start the eqbcs (server), or b: restart it

Thanks Sic,

I am running EQBCS2, I guess I should have said that. The characters seem to be having issues connecting, reconnecting. I may have to do something within Windows. I'm just a noob and trying to figure out why they suddenly started have such connection issues.

I do have other boxes, so I might go ahead and set it up to run them across multiple boxes. IF that will give me more flexibility. But honestly I don't always run MQ2 I do so from time to time to grind exp and keep them all matched on achievements. But I don't run when raiding or when doing progression with a group of players.

So I really want to be able to save my settings, fire it up when needed, and have all the settings correct. I'm using KA on some of them and MQ2War, MQ2Bst, MQ2Zerk (I mix and match Chanter, Shaman, Ranger, Mage, Beast, Zerker, Cleric, Druid) 6 at a time. Using campfire to swap out, rebuff, and keep grinding.

Sailr

Hey Everyone,

I run EQBC on two computers and normally connect everyone to a single comp. Today, or maybe since yesterday I'm having an issue where the characters on one comp wont connect with the characters on the other comp. I don't think Ive ever had this happen before. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

For example, I have 3 characters on 1 comp and 3 characters on a second. Each computer has an IP that is different and I usually connect everyone together on one comp. Now, three characters will al connect on each computer separately, but not together.

if I’m reading right each of your 3 toons is connecting to the server and they can’t see the other group?
If that’s the case then it’s connecting local. Stop the EQBC server / close the window on the computer you don’t want them connecting on. If that doesn’t resolve it then you may have to issue commands telling them to connect to your other computers IP with the join command.

Did anything change with EQBC since patch? It says connected but no longer displays names and my toons aren’t responding to commands.
no

you likely just need to ensure you're connecting to your correct eqbcs(server)

/bccmd connect xxx.xxx.x.x xxx

this comes up semi-frequently after a patch when folks have to relaunch eqbcs due to patching VV

no

you likely just need to ensure you're connecting to your correct eqbcs(server)

/bccmd connect xxx.xxx.x.x xxx

this comes up semi-frequently after a patch when folks have to relaunch eqbcs due to patching VV
This is the message I get when I reconnect. Just says Connected! But doesn’t display who all is connected and they aren’t responding.
1615601520043.png

Hey Everyone,

I run EQBC on two computers and normally connect everyone to a single comp. Today, or maybe since yesterday I'm having an issue where the characters on one comp wont connect with the characters on the other comp. I don't think Ive ever had this happen before. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

For example, I have 3 characters on 1 comp and 3 characters on a second. Each computer has an IP that is different and I usually connect everyone together on one comp. Now, three characters will al connect on each computer separately, but not together.
Had this happen patch before last. I had to "remove" eqbcs from all 3 computers. then go back onto the one i want hosting it and put that computers IP in and start then install. Then go back into the other 2 computers and put in first computers IP and install/start. Worked like a charm after that

This is the message I get when I reconnect. Just says Connected! But doesn’t display who all is connected and they aren’t responding.
View attachment 28891
But did you "launch eqbcs with mq2" and setup the correct IP in the pop up window before doing this in game?
/bccmd quit on everyone. bring up eqbcs client (can be done va VV patcher or from .exe inside redguides folder), inpute the correct computers IP int he field, and start (i install then start so i dont have to do this again)
Client should look like
IP Address 192.168.1.44 [Stop] [Install]
Port: 2112 [Start] [Remove]

then in game /bccmd connect 192.168.1.44 2112
/bccmd reconnect on

if this doesnt fix it. on each computer hit the Debug button on the eqbcs client window and wait a bit for it to diagnose

Hello, I am having an issue with mq2eqbc and trying to connect via /bccmd connect. I have also tried to load it via the launcher by clicking "Start with MQBC Server". In game, it tells me I could not connect.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am playing on Live and running the 2021-4-1 version.

Plugin - MQ2EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back