• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQBC

Plugin - MQ2EQBC (2 Viewers)

Since the equine has been pummeled profusely.. I had a throw away laptop with the firewall turned off and it worked for all remote pc. I experienced the same issues. What I did for the host box..

I went to the host PC, removed all firewall entries from advanced security pertaining to EQBCS2 or otherwise. I started the program, allowed the exceptions and all boxes can connect to the host with all FW's on.

When logging in today, I crashed immediate when it got to character loading in, clicked cancel as not to send 'email"...then logged back in, always using the auto login method, didnt crash but not connecting to bccmd, 127.0.0.1 2112. Did the unload and reload part, still not connected, camped out completly, logged back in, still not connecting, loading in another account and and still not working....Any ideals?

When logging in today, I crashed immediate when it got to character loading in, clicked cancel as not to send 'email"...then logged back in, always using the auto login method, didnt crash but not connecting to bccmd, 127.0.0.1 2112. Did the unload and reload part, still not connected, camped out completly, logged back in, still not connecting, loading in another account and and still not working....Any ideals?
are you running eqbcs? the server that you connect to

Was working fine but will not load. When I click on Start EQBC server from the MQ2 box nothing happens. Click on EQBCS app from folder then standalone box, window pops up but does not start. Any help? Thanks

My group is max AA'd and I want to start using Glyphs in the group content rather than wasting experience. I am wanting to command my Zerkers to use a destruction glyph on named without having to tab over and manually hit the glyph button. What would the command be? /bct toonname //command what? Glyph of destruction? Thanks for the help.

My group is max AA'd and I want to start using Glyphs in the group content rather than wasting experience. I am wanting to command my Zerkers to use a destruction glyph on named without having to tab over and manually hit the glyph button. What would the command be? /bct toonname //command what? Glyph of destruction? Thanks for the help.
/alt act 589

Hi,

i am having constant issues with eqbcs not connecting or randomly disconnecting because of the amount of toons im running - over 54 which I believe is the max for eqbcs. I’m wondering if I can connect my main toon to two different eqbcs servers and send commands to two different eqbcs servers or is that impossible?

Hi,

i am having constant issues with eqbcs not connecting or randomly disconnecting because of the amount of toons im running - over 54 which I believe is the max for eqbcs. I’m wondering if I can connect my main toon to two different eqbcs servers and send commands to two different eqbcs servers or is that impossible?
eqbcs2 has a max user size of 250

Thanks - i've tried eqbcs2 but i also get random disconnects i run on multiple computers but still get disconnects. I'm wondering if there's something in my network that needs to be changed i've tried to remove firewall etc and it still happens at times

So, I want to be running MQ2 here for two accounts on two different computers, they are on the same network, so can try to connect them that way, so that they can talk to each other but not sure how to do that.

That's my first question.

Then my 2nd question is, my main account is a warrior and my alt account is a BST at the moment, but my warrior is 115 and my bst isn't 100 yet, so trying to figure out which is the best assist program to run, as the Mule Assist looks good as i like how i can downgrade spells if need be, but can't seem to get it working, as it seem sometimes it won't buff when something goes down, it won't slow or dot, but sometimes nukes but wont do the others, so kinda confused on how to get it going.

So, I want to be running MQ2 here for two accounts on two different computers, they are on the same network, so can try to connect them that way, so that they can talk to each other but not sure how to do that.
EQBC Has a guide in the overview page https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2eqbc.120/

tl;dr - run the eqbc server on one of the computers (i suggest eqbcs2 personally), and then from the OTHER computer, connect to the first computer's local ip address

/bccmd connect 192.168.1.169 2112 for example

Your other alternative is using mq2dannet - which is likely a faster / easier setup for you.

(i split your other muleassist question to the muleassist section)

Greetings,

I took a break for about two months, so I'm working on getting my crew up and rolling again. I fired up my gaming PC, launched the RG Launcher (did the update for the launcher), updated MQ2 and boom, in game and seemed like I was GTG.

Then I started having some random restarts. Now, I think this is related to my PSU (it's 10+ years old I) and I have already eliminated other external factors (such as the surge protector, etc.). Not getting a BSOD or anything like that, just off, then right back on.

So, I was reviewing the Event Viewer in W10 (to look at the kernel power loss errors, hoping there might be a clue there) and noticed that MQ2EQBCS has caused a lot of errors (like 44k errors per day that are logged). When I click on the details, it says "The operation completed successfully." . Looking at the timestamps, it seems EQBCS is triggering an error every second. Is this normal? I did leave EQ up overnight without MQ2 or EQBCS running and no power loss issues.

I know it's likely just a coincidence, but thought I'd post here and see if anyone had insight into the EQBCS behavior and if its causing an issue or exaggerating an underlying one.

Thanks

So after posting this yesterday, I ran EQ sans MQ2 and EQBCS - stayed up in the GGH all night and until patch today, no problems (and no subsequent restart issues throughout the day, even though I ran benchmarking software most of the day while EQ was down to try and force an issue).

Temps are solid, HWMonitor reads 42*C or less for all CPU Cores, even under load. NVME sticks at 40-41*C, GTX 1070 right around 50*C. Other temps are all sit between 30*C and 40*C. I think I can safely rule out overheating.

Post patch, loaded MQ2 and EQBCS, logged in two chars, got hit with a restart not even 1 hour later. I'd like to believe this is a PSU or hardware issue, but the so far this is a bit too coincidental for me. I'm going to try switching to EQBCS2 or EQBCSeqmule to see if I'm getting the same results.

Last edited:
For some reason my EQBC server isn't working/ I have done /bccmd autoconnect on and /bccmd reconnect on and it says connected but it doesn't allow my toons to talk with one another and has rendered all of my commands that utilize the server useless. Any recommendations/ I have tried rebooting and it did not help. Was working fine yesterday

For some reason my EQBC server isn't working/ I have done /bccmd autoconnect on and /bccmd reconnect on and it says connected but it doesn't allow my toons to talk with one another and has rendered all of my commands that utilize the server useless. Any recommendations/ I have tried rebooting and it did not help. Was working fine yesterday
I would do a full reboot to ensure you're not trying to run more than 1 eqbc server at a time and then having issues connecting / staying connecting.

couple of other folks had an issue like this, this week - which ended up being various mixes of "windows update screwing with stuff" and running more than one server

if you're still having the issue after a restart of your computer, I'd suggest trying to do

/bccmd connect xxx.xxx.x.xxx or whatever your local ip is like /bccmd connect 192.168.1.1011
instead of the /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 - another user had this issue this week and had to use the local ip instead of the localhost 127

you can also check what your eqbcs is doing in your eqbcs.ini

example from:
INI:
[EQBCS]
Port=2112
Address=127.0.0.1
example to:
INI:
[EQBCS]
Port=2112
Address=192.168.1.8

Last edited:
Tried all of that. Nothing works. It says I am connected on each toon individually but can not communicate with any of them through the server...

Can you go into your windows firewall and find the rule that it created there for that application, then delete it.. and next time you run your eqbcs2.exe (RUN 2 not regular eqbcs.exe!!) it will pop up a prompt asking if you want to accept it..

Thats the only other thing i can think, is Windows is blocking communication for that application..

Hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete and look at the systems/programs running in the background. Check to make sure there is not more than one EQBC server running. If it is, highlight, right click, and end task then restart your EQBC server.

Hey guys,

I have autoconnect on my redguides launcher, and have been using it without issue for many months. However, something bugged out after the last patch. Even though all characters are logged in "connected" to eqbc, it is as if they are not connected to the same server. My /bcaa commands only work on the character from which I issue the commands, and it does not show up in the mq2 window of the other characters at all. If I use /bcg, the other characters in group also do not respond, and show no indication they are receiving the command.

Even if I /bccmd quit and then /bccmd connect manually on every toon, it shows them "connected" but it is like they are each in their own channel or something since there is no communication between them being indicated.

Do you guys have any ideas what is going on? Mass boxing is a pain in the but if I can't control the other toons via EQBC so I kind of need to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Do you see the Name of the characters logged into EQBCS as something different to their normal name. Ie...LOGtoonname

When attempting to login multiple toons at once they can get bugged and it shows them like this.

From that toon name - u need to issue a /bccmd quit and then /bccmd connect.

Or...are you using Multiple PC's and actually have the tick box on Red guides to Launch EQBCS on each PC?

Hey guys,

I have autoconnect on my redguides launcher, and have been using it without issue for many months. However, something bugged out after the last patch. Even though all characters are logged in "connected" to eqbc, it is as if they are not connected to the same server. My /bcaa commands only work on the character from which I issue the commands, and it does not show up in the mq2 window of the other characters at all. If I use /bcg, the other characters in group also do not respond, and show no indication they are receiving the command.

Even if I /bccmd quit and then /bccmd connect manually on every toon, it shows them "connected" but it is like they are each in their own channel or something since there is no communication between them being indicated.

Do you guys have any ideas what is going on? Mass boxing is a pain in the but if I can't control the other toons via EQBC so I kind of need to resolve this issue.

Thanks!
this likely means you're running 2 eqbcs (servers). - or as some others have had a similar issue since a recent windows update, having issues with your local firewall

here is a response i gave someone a couple posts above

I would do a full reboot to ensure you're not trying to run more than 1 eqbc server at a time and then having issues connecting / staying connecting.

a couple of other folks had an issue like this, this week - which ended up being various mixes of "windows update screwing with stuff" and running more than one server

if you're still having the issue after a restart of your computer, I'd suggest trying to do

/bccmd connect xxx.xxx.x.xxx or whatever your local ip is like /bccmd connect 192.168.1.1011
instead of the /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 - another user had this issue this week and had to use the local ip instead of the localhost 127

you can also check what your eqbcs is doing in your eqbcs.ini

example from:
INI:
[EQBCS]
Port=2112
Address=127.0.0.1
example to:
INI:
[EQBCS]
Port=2112
Address=192.168.1.8

Do you see the Name of the characters logged into EQBCS as something different to their normal name. Ie...LOGtoonname

When attempting to login multiple toons at once they can get bugged and it shows them like this.

From that toon name - u need to issue a /bccmd quit and then /bccmd connect.

Or...are you using Multiple PC's and actually have the tick box on Red guides to Launch EQBCS on each PC?
I don't really see my toons names anywhere to be honest lol.

When I unplug and replugin mq2eqbc on each toon, they all individually show the same port. however, none of them indicate the others are connected to the server, and furthermore when i do /bccmd names it just shows # Requesting names... and no names show up.

As for 2 running 2eqbcs servers, how can I check that? I see no indication of that. I just made sure everything redguides related is on the exclusion list of all firewalls, but with the same issue.

When I change the eqbcs.ini to
[EQBCS]
Port=2112
Address=<insert my IP here>
when I run it in game it is still defaulting to 127.0.0.1 in the mq2 window. Is that normal?

When I change the eqbcs.ini to
[EQBCS]
Port=2112
Address=<insert my IP here>
when I run it in game it is still defaulting to 127.0.0.1 in the mq2 window. Is that normal?
no, that likely means you're still connected to 127.0.0.1 --- which probably means you're running multiple eqbc servers (possibly one installed as a service) like we were talking about.

you will want to update that eqbcs.ini, disconnect everyone from eqbc /bccmd quit then /bccmd connect <local ip addy>

So the issue has been resolved. The click option in the launcher was reset to eqbcs after the last update (also when the issues started), which apparently does not work for me. I switched it to eqbcs2 in the drop down box and now it's working flawlessly. Thanks everyone for the assistance though!

So the issue has been resolved. The click option in the launcher was reset to eqbcs after the last update (also when the issues started), which apparently does not work for me. I switched it to eqbcs2 in the drop down box and now it's working flawlessly. Thanks everyone for the assistance though!

It would be interesting for you to run Task Manager from Windows and see if you have the old eqbcs service still running in addition to eqbcs2.

I have a problem with EQBCS for some days as well...my toons log on the eqbcs server wheni launch them like they should but then after a while they are getting disconnected from the EQBCS server. They are still doing their stuff after that but "come to me" and all other /bcaa commands dont work, obviously.

I have a problem with EQBCS for some days as well...my toons log on the eqbcs server wheni launch them like they should but then after a while they are getting disconnected from the EQBCS server. They are still doing their stuff after that but "come to me" and all other /bcaa commands dont work, obviously.
I would double check some of the other posts in this thread. After recent launcher update, and coincidentally windows updates, some users have been running into a couple of issues. Double check you're not rubbing running both a free standing eqbcs and as a service etc

I would double check some of the other posts in this thread. After recent launcher update, and coincidentally windows updates, some users have been running into a couple of issues. Double check you're not rubbing both a free standing eqbcs and as a service etx
Sorry, thats too much tech talk for me :) I just do what i always did...

1. I launch the Red Guides Launcher (I have launch eqbcs with mq enabled)
2. I hit the button "Launch MQ"
3. I hit the Box "Standalone" on the EQ Box Chat Server Window
4. I minimize the eqbcs.exe window
5. In the taskbar i right click the mq icon and launch all my toons

What is the wrong step now in this sequence?

I am having the same problem. After a system boot I could no longer connect to the chat server. I checked my virus program to make sure mq2 stuff is allowed. I tried all variations of IP addresses. Nothing is working. Totally confused...

Plugin - MQ2EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back