• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DPSAdv

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv (1 Viewer)

I just stumbled across that thread on the mq2dpsadv issue literally 5 mins ago. And yes, I agree that is very likely the root cause. I'm already in the process of shutting down everything, refreshing and updating. Will report back here after that's completed and I run a few laps on it...

Thanks to you both!

dont know what i did but.. now my dps window Only shows my dps and now my crews. realoy wish i could figure out how to make it return to normal
this is usually due to your in-game chat filters. doublt check you didn't change them to "Mine Only"

I think i found it

/plugin mq2dpsadv load
/reloadui (you have to reload your ui if loading it for the first time)
/dpsadv show

under "instructions" imagine that

Hi All,

Thanks for this thread, I had the same question. I did steps 1 and 2, but when I type /dpsadv show, then nothing happens. How can I make the dps show in a separate window?

Using the EQBCOn=1 and setting DPSMeter=1 works as well, but then it's shown in the MQ window and there are other messages as well, therefore a seperate window would be perfect.

Second question on dps, in the MQ window the dps is in red color with black window background, making it very hard to read on my monitor. Is there any chance to change the red colour to something else?

Many thanks

Hi All,

Thanks for this thread, I had the same question. I did steps 1 and 2, but when I type /dpsadv show, then nothing happens. How can I make the dps show in a separate window?

Using the EQBCOn=1 and setting DPSMeter=1 works as well, but then it's shown in the MQ window and there are other messages as well, therefore a seperate window would be perfect.

Second question on dps, in the MQ window the dps is in red color with black window background, making it very hard to read on my monitor. Is there any chance to change the red colour to something else?

Many thanks
I merged the thread you replied to into the MQ2DpsAdv thread, which might have more information for you.

those 3 steps should work if you loaded the plugin, and reloaded your ui correctly and then did a /dpsadv show

will bring up the DPSAdv window like this snippet:

(this is my "brag" parse from several months ago)
1632468090475.png

you will want to make sure you have all your alt-o chat filters displaying your group/etc correctly

I use the "Above ShowMeTop" option to display total as well as "Use T B M K Numbers"

as far as colors on colors - you might need to adjust your texture/tint color or maybe normal/faded opacity on your window? you would have to edit the macro you're running to change the red to something else, which is probably not something you're trying to do.

why is it the red on black is unreadable on your monitor?

Hi All,

I am multiboxing a group of 6, and would like to see a dps meter in a separate window on my main character.

I have seen MQ2DPSAdv, however I cannot seem to get it to work. I am using the drakah_intg_krome UI and have copied the MQUI_DPSAdvWnd file into the folder, however when I type /dpsadv show, nothing happens. Any tips on what I need to do? Or is there any other dps meter out there that I could use instead?

Many thanks,
Frank

Need to remove it from there. MQ2 will automatically pull it from the Release\uifiles\default folder, or resources\uifiles\default folder if you're using next. If you manually place it there and the UI file gets updated, it will cause you issues in the future.

After you've removed it, you need to reload your ui

Hi, I just did that, and when I type /dpsadv show, I get the error msg in the MQ window "DPSWind does not exist. Try reloading your UI (loadskin default)." I guess I could do that, but would I then be back to the default skin?

Hi, I just did that, and when I type /dpsadv show, I get the error msg in the MQ window "DPSWind does not exist. Try reloading your UI (loadskin default)." I guess I could do that, but would I then be back to the default skin?
did you reload your ui like it says?

no reloading your ui, is just reloading your ui.

it is in the instructions/faq for mq2dpsadv :p

Hi, silly question but I cannot seem to figure it our. I wanted to relocate my DSPadv window so I moved it to the new location then closed the window. I then typed /show mq2dpsadv and it says everything is showing, yet I cannot see the window in my UI.

Never mind... reloaded UI and it showed back up

Hi, silly question but I cannot seem to figure it our. I wanted to relocate my DSPadv window so I moved it to the new location then closed the window. I then typed /show mq2dpsadv and it says everything is showing, yet I cannot see the window in my UI
It is /dpsadv show not /show

You can also just /dpsadv save

I reset my UI when I moved to a smaller monitor - Im thinking its " off screen"

Ive tried /dpsadv show and reload - no luck

any advice?

in your mq2/release folder if you are on mq2 live or the mqnext/configs folder if you are on next you can delete the MQ2DPSAdv.ini and it should place the window default, just unload the plugin first on all your toons that have it loaded delete file, and then load the plugin again.

Hey Chat I am currently using this plugin but it does not show everyone's dps around me. Just the character that I'm playing. Is there a way to fix this?
(im not chat, but)
you likely need to adjust your alt-o chat filters
1637962091070.png

I noticed when using Next, using the useraidcolors option, the colors don't match. Under MQ2 they match as expected. Anyone else notice this while in a raid setting?

Just noticed my DPS Advanced v1.6 noticed has a non-party PC getting damage readout! I checked where they are and that PC is 1950 units away! So can't figure why he's on my DPS output screen!

Just freaked me out a little having another PC show up!!!! Any thoughts/comments please?

this is not showing my Wizzy since the patch. I've tried resetting everything, logging out, etc. It will not show my wizzy dps now, wonder if anyone else has this issue?

Hey guys. I don't see this reported yet in this thread:

Since the 64 patch, mq2dpsadv doesn't track my DPS if my hit modes are set to number only.
It works correctly if I change hit modes to normal.

It tracked number only just fine before the patch. Looks like something is broken?

Are you sure? How can it keep track if it doesn't know who is doing the damage?
Never worked for me with only numbers.
100% sure. I've had number-only mode on for years.

To be extra clear: My own melee DPS is number only. Melee DPS from others is in normal hit mode in a different window.

I always lose my DPS parse and can't remember how to get the UI to pop back up. I use kissassist on a 4 box, but I also would like to have a DPS parse screen up when i'm not using kissassist. I'm sure it is already in VV but could use help finding it.
Q. How do I show the window?
A. /dpsadv show --- if you have just loaded this plugin for the first time you may need to reload your ui with either a
"/reloadui" or a "/loadskin default"

Is this not calculating correctly? The numbers are far off from EQ Log Parser. I noticed my SK whom is tanking, numbers suck. I have a second SK in the group whom is 1 level lower than me and NOT raid geared and he is kicking my ass in this parser. EQ Log Parser has the raid geared SK on top of the list.

if you have all your hits modes and what not set right then it should work right. but with that in mind number will always be off by a few

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back