• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • EverQuest (live servers) were patched today and MacroQuest developers are putting in time for their own update. Please show them your appreciation. Per brainiac, ETA is 11pm EST
MQ2DPSAdv

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv (3 Viewers)

So I'm not sure if this is a bug but /echo ${DPSAdv.MyDamage} always returns 0. Even when I'm doing dmg.

Also is there a way to get a variable for my current percentage of the total damage? This would be very helpful for powerleveling when you want the other group to stop DPS so you always get the kill credit.

Hi everyone,

I have an issue where my dps meter is 100% accurate on 4 toons but on my rogue it can't measure its own dps correctly. I think I might have done something to turn off some type of logging or something on that profile but I can't figure it out.

Essentially, while boxing it looks like this on my dps meters.

Toon 1: Shows rogue 12m dps
Toon 2: Shows rogue 12m dps
Toon 3: Shows rogue 12m dps
Toon 4: Shows rogue 12m dps
Rogue profile: Shows own dps as 1.5m as an example, it's way way low.

Any ideas?

Do you know how I might be able to fix this? should I wipe my profile Dir and start from scratch? That's about the only thing I know how to try that I haven't yet. I taken away all my filters for melee windows etc.. and just defaulted everything to ALL. Still just that low low result.

Do you know how I might be able to fix this? should I wipe my profile Dir and start from scratch? That's about the only thing I know how to try that I haven't yet. I taken away all my filters for melee windows etc.. and just defaulted everything to ALL. Still just that low low result.
Unless you did some crazy mq filter, it is more likely you turned on numbers only, or some other non default hits mode or you are filtering something (like dots/nukes/abilities) in your eq filters

Unless you did some crazy mq filter, it is more likely you turned on numbers only, or some other non default hits mode or you are filtering something (like dots/nukes/abilities) in your eq filters
That did it, I did have them as numbers only, I wouldn't have thought that would have been the cause in a million years. The minute I changed it back to default "whatever it's called" I call it "spam" it worked again on the Rogues profile.

Thanks so much, I wouldn't have thought that was it because it was still showing the same damage just a number so I could make the window smaller and spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot this.

That did it, I did have them as numbers only, I wouldn't have thought that would have been the cause in a million years. The minute I changed it back to default "whatever it's called" I call it "spam" it worked again on the Rogues profile.

Thanks so much, I wouldn't have thought that was it because it was still showing the same damage just a number so I could make the window smaller and spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot this.
It is because 69420 - yeah but 69420 what? Sausages? Stab damage? Fish sticks?

I have a little problem with my DPSAdv window. It is minimized and I cant expand it. Mousing over it does not give me an arrow to pull the window open, nor does clicking the expand button in the upper left. Closing and restarting is also useless. Any suggestions?

That happens to me all the time. The window either is or is not minimized, but it's been resized to look minimized in either state. If the down arrow does not appear after you hover near where it would be, click the minimize button to un minimize it, and try hover again.

So when I use MQ2DPSAdv everything works fine. However when I /echo ${DPSAdv.MyDamage} it always returns 0. Even when it's showing damage in the window.

Is there any way to convert this data into ${Variables} that I can use in my macro?

I would like to use this plugin to help with powerleveling. So if I have a variable that shows my Total DPS is less than 49%, I can make everyone else stop attacking.

I'm also interested if anyone has solutions that doesn't involve MQ2DpsAdv

Thanks.

Hi guys, I've scanned all 8 pages of this thread for something that may explain what I am seeing, but I haven't found a solution just yet. I run DPSAdv on my driver toon. I have multiple pet classes up and they all report correctly except for my SHM. His pet shows up on its own line. Swarm pets show correctly and he gets a * by his name but his main pet will still have it's own line. This is by no means a major complaint on my part just curious if I have a setting wrong someplace.

Edit: Update, if I suspend and then recall the pet it works correctly for a time. Zoneing seems to be most likely cause of it acting up again.

Last edited:
MQ2DPSadv doesnt seem to be reporting my correct DPS on my toon. Its the same one each box as well. The other toons seem to be correct but not the one I happen to be looking at. I am sure its a setting I have borked but cant seem to find it. Any ideas?

How do I open the dps parse window? Had it open, shows the grp dps list during battle. Now it’s gone.

Does anyone else this issue, or suggestions on how to improve, running MQ2DPSAdv with GINA? I have to turn "others" dps off in Options-Chat, so it only shows my dps in order to use GINA. If I turn everyone else's dps on GINA lags so bad that none of the emotes are on time. GINA could be up to several minutes late, and still issuing emotes long after the event has ended.

Other than that I have no issues. I have a decent PC, and nothing lags, even with six accounts.

Does anyone else this issue, or suggestions on how to improve, running MQ2DPSAdv with GINA? I have to turn "others" dps off in Options-Chat, so it only shows my dps in order to use GINA. If I turn everyone else's dps on GINA lags so bad that none of the emotes are on time. GINA could be up to several minutes late, and still issuing emotes long after the event has ended.

Other than that I have no issues. I have a decent PC, and nothing lags, even with six accounts.
Can't imagine mq2advdps is causing Gina issues. Sounds more like Gina issues.

How big is your log file?

I delete the log file regularly.
k, that doesn't really answer the question :p

is your hard drive an old spinner drive?

trying to help you here.

mq2dpsadv doesn't have any interaction with logs or files the way that gina or other log parsers / readers do

you could try adjusting your /loginterval - but again nothing to do with dpsadv

/logint 0 -- so it immediately writes the log output instead of caching it for a time. I don't filter anything on raids and it works appropriately after running this command.

I have recently run into an issue where on one of my characters the dps window wont show. ive tried everything I can think of (reloading the UI, using the reload option, disabling then re-enabling the plugin to no avail)

What else can I do to get the dps window to show up on this character?

I have recently run into an issue where on one of my characters the dps window wont show. ive tried everything I can think of (reloading the UI, using the reload option, disabling then re-enabling the plugin to no avail)

What else can I do to get the dps window to show up on this character?
Consider an alternate solution as I did and I'm VERY happy with that choice.

EQ LogParser

Hi guys, I've scanned all 8 pages of this thread for something that may explain what I am seeing, but I haven't found a solution just yet. I run DPSAdv on my driver toon. I have multiple pet classes up and they all report correctly except for my SHM. His pet shows up on its own line. Swarm pets show correctly and he gets a * by his name but his main pet will still have it's own line. This is by no means a major complaint on my part just curious if I have a setting wrong someplace.

Edit: Update, if I suspend and then recall the pet it works correctly for a time. Zoneing seems to be most likely cause of it acting up again.
have same issue with my shaman only.

suspending and recalling it worked. Thank you.

Hello all,

I did search to see if there weas any other conversations first.

HI all quick question. Is anyone else seeing DPS not showing correctly (LOWER) on there own toon? when boxing I look at one of my other toons screens and it shows the real DPS on toon ONE that i normally see. Vis versa, when I look at that toons TWO DPS on his screen- again I can low but when I look at toon ONE, I see the higher dps that I am used too. Big difference, normal 1.2 MM and I only see 150K. any advice would help.

100% what Kaen said. If you care enough about parsing to comment the numbers arnt matching, do yourself a favor and get a modern parsing tool (log parser), and live happy.

It might be where toon with parse is standing. If close to mob, might not pick up caster DPS, and if futher back(ranged DPS), it might pick up all meele.

Hello all,

I did search to see if there weas any other conversations first.

HI all quick question. Is anyone else seeing DPS not showing correctly (LOWER) on there own toon? when boxing I look at one of my other toons screens and it shows the real DPS on toon ONE that i normally see. Vis versa, when I look at that toons TWO DPS on his screen- again I can low but when I look at toon ONE, I see the higher dps that I am used too. Big difference, normal 1.2 MM and I only see 150K. any advice would help.
you posted an mq2dpsadv question in the cwtn section - doesn't have anything to do with the cwtn class plugins.

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back