• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DPSAdv

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv (1 Viewer)

Hello all,

I just logged in to my 115 SK and its DPS is now half or less of what it was before this last patch.
I was always at 200k to 300k DPS prior to this patch and now it will not even break 90k DPS.
I read through the patch notes and have seen nothing regarding a nerf to SKs so I am trying to figure out if this is a bug or a stealth nerf.

Has anyone else noticed any discrepancies?

What are you running on Your Sk?
I am fairly new at this so I am not sure what you are asking me. Could you be more specific?
I had taken an INI from the database here and modified it to fit my needs. That ini always does between 200k and 300k dps except for today where I am lucky to hit 90k occasionally but mostly in the high 20k dps to 50k dps area

hrm - there appears to be an issue with dpsadv

I wonder if some filters changed

Okay So That Suggests Your Using A macro, I am guessing Kissassist, roles set properly? etc.? I use rgmercs about to do Zlandicar shortly so i will check comparison with that see if i see a nerf or not.

yeah, try checking the "me" output on various toons and compare to gamparse or what other's see - they are different

same toon - dpsadv and gamparse

1619043554134.png
1619043559991.png

same toon - both dpsadv - green one is "me" and the other isn't
1619043661693.png
1619043611935.png

cwtn and I went through the filters - and it looks like they added and moved around some stuff

submmited merge request > HERE <

I have a peculiar issue with the DPS Advanced window. It's open on all toons except the cleric, but I've noticed that the DPS is grossly minimized on the active window. For example, on the berserker instance of EQ, his DPS is utter shit, 10% of the others. But if I look at the DPS window on the mage, chanter, warrior, etc., he is tops on the list. And if I look at the DPS window on the wizard, his DPS is dead last. But on the zerker window, he's #2.

How do I get accurate DPS on all windows?

I have a peculiar issue with the DPS Advanced window. It's open on all toons except the cleric, but I've noticed that the DPS is grossly minimized on the active window. For example, on the berserker instance of EQ, his DPS is utter shit, 10% of the others. But if I look at the DPS window on the mage, chanter, warrior, etc., he is tops on the list. And if I look at the DPS window on the wizard, his DPS is dead last. But on the zerker window, he's #2.

How do I get accurate DPS on all windows?
dps adv is incorrect.

you can see replies ahead, a fix has already been submitted for it.

Redbot updated MQ2DPSAdv with a new update entry:

Update due to chat color changes

• Credit CWTN & Sic
  • color 301 is now "Critical" for self
  • color 302 is now Critical Dots AND Spells for self -- this requires checking handlenonmelee and handledot --- this can cause error in debug reporting, but that is expected.
  • color 305 this is other pet flurry
  • updated note for 328 for my pet hit
  • 331 is My Pet Flurry
  • 332 is now My Pet Critical
  • 356 is now My Flurry
  • added "stabs" to OtherHits

[URL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good Morning all,

Ran into a strange problem this morning, I can log in the entire team, but up etc, however, once the tank brings back a mob into the camp to start fighting I suddenly have all the toons in that zone suddenly up and leave - EQBCS2 shows "Toon has left the server" for all of them

I thought this was a one-off, so I rezzed up, set up again, started to pull and the same thing again (just in case it was a two off( i rezzed up, set up again and lo and behold the same thing happened again.

So the entire toon and EQ windows just close down, for all the toons in that zone (but not other zones). Makes the game rather unplayable at the moment and I wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem.

I am running
MQ2Eskay
MQ2Shaman
MQ2Warrior
MQ2Rogue
MQ2Beastlord
and KissAssist 12 for a ranger

Good Morning all,

Ran into a strange problem this morning, I can log in the entire team, but up etc, however, once the tank brings back a mob into the camp to start fighting I suddenly have all the toons in that zone suddenly up and leave - EQBCS2 shows "Toon has left the server" for all of them

I thought this was a one-off, so I rezzed up, set up again, started to pull and the same thing again (just in case it was a two off( i rezzed up, set up again and lo and behold the same thing happened again.

So the entire toon and EQ windows just close down, for all the toons in that zone (but not other zones). Makes the game rather unplayable at the moment and I wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem.

I am running
MQ2Eskay
MQ2Shaman
MQ2Warrior
MQ2Rogue
MQ2Beastlord
and KissAssist 12 for a ranger
well you are running more plugins than just those.

do you have mq2posse or something like that configured to have everyone in group /quit if people are around you?

There still is an outstanding bug with mq2dpsadv.

with the current changes it is now thinking entries like "points by Arms of Holy Wrath IV Recourse. (Lucky Critical Twincast)" is a mob - which is clearly isn't - and that *happens* to exceed the buffer size of 64 so it causes an explosion.

I'm likely going to have to get help from @Knightly because the inner workings of dpsadv are a little over my head.

Hi,

Seems to have worked, no crash after killing a few mobs
execllent! i submitted a merge-request - hopefully we can get that re-built tomorrow

its actually hard to make it crash - because it requires a heal that ends up being over 64 characters in length from the word points onward
like: "points by Arms of Holy Wrath IV Recourse. (Lucky Critical Twincast) " being 68, will crash it

anyhow - tl;dr --- current version crash, potential fix is submitted - and if this isn't the right fix - i at least figured out the cause so we can find another solution if a better one exists.

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back