• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DanNet

Plugin - MQ2DanNet (2 Viewers)

I had eqbc not connecting on a couple toons for some reason and suddenly they stopped getting cures.
Right. Wouldn't that be a KA implementation issue? I'm not gonna say DanNet is perfect, but it's been used long enough that an issue like this would've popped up by now. However, if you can put together a test to demonstrate the issue, that'll go a long way to helping identify where the breakdown might be occurring.

Seem to be unable to drop an observer once added. Using Lua script, here is how I add the observer:
Lua:
mq.cmdf('/dobserve %s -q "%s"', peer, query)

When I drop the observer I use:
Lua:
mq.cmdf('/dobserve %s -q "%s" -drop', peer, query)

This does not seem to drop the observer. I continue to see the observer and the observations continue to be updated. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Edit: Never mind. User error. I was using ${Me.Invis} instead of Me.Invis for the query. While the query seemed to work just fine, this seems to have prevented being able to drop. Removing the ${} seems to have fixed it.

Last edited:
I'm trying to switch over to dannet, and I'm having some issues. On one of my computers, it works just fine. On the other, typing /dnet interface or /dnet info just boots the toon from the game. I can try commands, but they don't do anything. Any advice?

Here's, hopefully, a little help for anyone suffering from brain farts & Windows' Firewall settings. I have two computers, my main gaming computer and a workstation literally bought because I have an addiction and wanted to offload a full raid less driver(s). Due to Black Friday deals, I upgraded my main and decided to reinstall everything. Loading up EQ to check, my main group seemed to run fine from my tank, driver 1. I loaded up my kid's group and noted that the tank, driver 2, wasn't able to broadcast to his group.

After some head-scratching, I ran through Sic's troubleshooting guide, double checked the Interfaces and re-loaded all DanNet instances, but was left without an answer and driver 2 not being able to issue commands to his minions. Drivers are all on one computer and the related group characters are all on the second computer. With /dnet info, I could see:

Driver 1 could see Group 1 + Driver 2
Group 1 could see Group 1 + Group 2 except Driver 2
Driver 2 could see Driver 1
Group 2 could see all of Group 1 & 2 except Driver 1 & 2

After some NSFW language, I was prepared to hang my head and post a question on the forums.

This all sounded familiar. Maybe I forgot to correctly set up EQ on Windows Firewall when I reinstalled? Sure enough, I went into the allowed apps on both computers and enabled private network access for all of my EQ installations. That fixed it. So just in case you're like me and click without thinking in a rush to get into your game, remember there are variables outside of EQ and RG that may be causing you trouble. Like user error. And I didn't even have to disrupt Sic's game time with a forum post.

Last edited:
can someone give me an idiot guide for connecting multiple computers? i don't understand what im doing wrong.
the instructions tab has how to diagnose issues

dannet is p2p self discovery, so it should do it automatically - but you may need to change your interface

if you are some weird vpn setup you might need to ensure you're allowing local network through

First, let me say this may not be fixable or even supported and I understand that but thought I would ask.

MQ2Danet does not work and in fact, will prevent MQ from working on Mac M1 using Crossover/Wine to run EQ and MQ.
As far as I can tell Crossover/wine does support winsocks. Just let me know what would help to diagnose and fix the issue if it is even possible.

I'm also having issues with MQ2DanNet on on Crossover/Wine. When the plugin is loaded it hard crashes, freezes EQ. Anything I can do to help diagnose or troubleshoot?

Question: VPN

I was asked to ask this question since i am having an issue with a certain plugin. I was informed that Danet doesnt work with a certain plugin due to VPN status. Although i do play and log on from work with VPN status is there an issue with VPN on dannet and if there is are there any suggestions? Thnks

Question: VPN

I was asked to ask this question since i am having an issue with a certain plugin. I was informed that Danet doesnt work with a certain plugin due to VPN status. Although i do play and log on from work with VPN status is there an issue with VPN on dannet and if there is are there any suggestions? Thnks
Did you check the instructions tab? There are some diag steps there

I haven't had any luck finding more information regarding this so if it's there please accept my apologies and maybe point me in the right direction. For now I'm gonna necro this year and a half old thread to ask...Is there a way to stop dannet from sending commands to another computer on the same network? (Aside from the obvious solution of unloading it or using EQBC on one of the computers instead of dannet). You see my roommate and I both play, both use RG etc. Now that I got his dannet operational for him my commands are also sending commands to his characters while he's playing and vice versa.
Edit
We would both like to continue to use Dannet but, individually. I've also tried setting up and sending commands via /dge directly to a saved dannet group and that still sent commands to the rest of the characters. Maybe I'm not understanding that process...

Last edited:
I haven't had any luck finding more information regarding this so if it's there please accept my apologies and maybe point me in the right direction. For now I'm gonna necro this year and a half old thread to ask...Is there a way to stop dannet from sending commands to another computer on the same network? (Aside from the obvious solution of unloading it or using EQBC on one of the computers instead of dannet). You see my roommate and I both play, both use RG etc. Now that I got his dannet operational for him my commands are also sending commands to his characters while he's playing and vice versa.
Edit
We would both like to continue to use Dannet but, individually. I've also tried setting up and sending commands via /dge directly to a saved dannet group and that still sent commands to the rest of the characters. Maybe I'm not understanding that process...
You can probably just set your dnet interface on each computer to the Loopback IP.

Instructions for settings interfaces is here: https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2dannet.322/field?field=instructions.

Also Sic has instructions to do exactly that here: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mq2dannet.67218/page-9#post-507287

You can probably just set your dnet interface on each computer to the Loopback IP.

Instructions for settings interfaces is here: https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2dannet.322/field?field=instructions.

Also Sic has instructions to do exactly that here: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mq2dannet.67218/page-9#post-507287
I can't thank you enough I guess I just wasn't understanding those instructions as being a fix for my situation. You're awesome thanks for putting up with this noobs questions!

how do I ask all the toons if they have a specific item? i.e. I'm farming an aug "Smoldering Core of Radir" and I want to see if all my toons have it without going through every inventory

Hi:

I am having an issue with /dgge I have not seen before.
I run 3 toons, each with mercs, on 2 computers. My Pal(Tank) and Brd(Assist) on my main computer, and a Dru(Assist) on the 2nd computer. All was working good this morning, then I had internet failure. Now internet is back, but when I run my Kissassist startup macro, the character on the 2nd computer, does not respond, as in the usual script in the MQ text box is blank. It works for the Brd on my main computer. Here is the macro that I have been using which I run on the Pal (MA).

/pause 20, /dgge /mac kissassist blah
/dgge /chase on

Has something changed involving the /dgge command ?
Should I post the contents of my *.ini files ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It's unlikely it's a KissAssist problem and more likely a communication issue between the PCs.

Sounds like the 2nd PC is getting Dannet commands. Hard to know what internet failure is, but it may have changed an interface on the second computer. You can try running the setup for Dannet again.

Instructions here.

Hi:

I am having an issue with /dgge I have not seen before.
I run 3 toons, each with mercs, on 2 computers. My Pal(Tank) and Brd(Assist) on my main computer, and a Dru(Assist) on the 2nd computer. All was working good this morning, then I had internet failure. Now internet is back, but when I run my Kissassist startup macro, the character on the 2nd computer, does not respond, as in the usual script in the MQ text box is blank. It works for the Brd on my main computer. Here is the macro that I have been using which I run on the Pal (MA).

/pause 20, /dgge /mac kissassist Pulver
/dgge /chase on

Has something changed involving the /dgge command ?
Should I post the contents of my *.ini files ?

Thanks

Try on both computers /plugin mq2dannet unload and then /plugin mq2dannet

This will unload and reload the plugin. Do it on every character individually. If that fails restart your pc.

It's unlikely it's a KissAssist problem and more likely a communication issue between the PCs.

Sounds like the 2nd PC is getting Dannet commands. Hard to know what internet failure is, but it may have changed an interface on the second computer. You can try running the setup for Dannet again.

Instructions here.
Tried all that in the instructions in your link, but no change. Both computers show the arrow pointing to the same interface. I think it is a communication issue between computers as you said. When I say I had an internet failure, it was because my internet service provider disconnected me. I got reconnected, but maybe that changed something. I tried unloading and loading Dannet as per the instructions.

Do you think uninstalling and reinstalling Red Guides would do anything ?

Tried all that in the instructions in your link, but no change. Both computers show the arrow pointing to the same interface. I think it is a communication issue between computers as you said. When I say I had an internet failure, it was because my internet service provider disconnected me. I got reconnected, but maybe that changed something. I tried unloading and loading Dannet as per the instructions.

Do you think uninstalling and reinstalling Red Guides would do anything ?
No, reinstalling redguides won't help anything.

With all of your toons logged in on both computers and dannet running on everyone, from your main toon type /dnet info.

Does the output in the MQ window show all of your toons?

No, reinstalling redguides won't help anything.

With all of your toons logged in on both computers and dannet running on everyone, from your main toon type /dnet info.

Does the output in the MQ window show all of your toons?
No. My main computer shows the 2 characters that are logged in on that computer, and my 2nd computer shows the 1 character that is on that computer. Computers are not seeing each other.
Unloaded and loaded Dannet on the 3 accounts. No change.

If for some reason the peers aren't self-discovering on a local network
  • check the output of /dnet interface
  • set one of the discovered interface names with /dnet interface "<name>"
  • unload and then reload the plugin
  • if you are using a VPN you need to ensure that your VPN isn't blocking local traffic
  • > post with pictures here <
  • failing that, I'll have to look into why, so contact dannuic with as much info as possible

I followed the above instructions.
I don't use a VPN.
Here's a snip of the MQ window on my main computer.
I'll attach the 2nd computer snip.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-20 214544 Main Computer.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 214544 Main Computer.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 10
Well, that worked. The /dgge commands now works as before. I am back in action.
The Loopback-Interface would be used if I were all characters were on 1 computer ?

Thank you for your help.

I'm also having issues with MQ2DanNet on on Crossover/Wine. When the plugin is loaded it hard crashes, freezes EQ. Anything I can do to help diagnose or troubleshoot?
I'm in the same boat. I really would love to use Dannet on Crossover, but not sure what to do to help. I tried giving elevated permissions (since I assume it's trying to create a raw socket) but that just made it so Crossover doesn't work at all. I have disabled firewalls on computers and Antivirus. As PredUFu mentioned, if any plugin tries to load dannet its a hard freeze. As long as I delete the plugin from the directory every time I update, everything else works fine. EQBC is working for me, but when leveling a new toon, I would much rather use something like RGMercs so I don't have to invest a lot of time into an ini that will be out of date every 20 minutes.

@dannuic might have some ideas/thoughts - i know he's also working on something that is going to be a replacement for dannet - maybe he has some thoughts on crossover compat

When I wrote this, I did test using wine. That was a very long time ago. I would probably have to set that up again to test, but I'm wondering if it's a Mac specific issue.

Actually, after a quick Google, I see that zmq only added amd64 (M1) support in November. That's almost certainly why it isn't working on an M1 Mac

Actually, after a quick Google, I see that zmq only added amd64 (M1) support in November. That's almost certainly why it isn't working on an M1 Mac
I have 2 Macs, one is M1 and the other is Intel. Unfortunately its the same on both.

When I wrote this, I did test using wine. That was a very long time ago. I would probably have to set that up again to test, but I'm wondering if it's a Mac specific issue.
I think this is correct in doing some digging, it seems like these types of freezes happen when wine tries to do something the OS requires sudo for. Unfortunately, the plumbing that linux has for allowing specific binaries the ability to elevate specific commands doesn't work the same in macOS. I tried to tinker with the commands that wine recommends for linux, but it only made things worse, to I reverted my changes and am still trying to find an answer. The problem for me is that whatever its doing seems to freeze wine and everything its running, so I haven't been able to figure out what dannet is actually trying to do at the moment it freezes, so I have been going down the assumption it has to do with sockets. I could be completely off, but started there due to the overwhelming number of posts about people crashing wine with raw socket requests.

Hi,
I have one RedGuides account and I am running two computers. One has my 6 toons on it and the other is being used by my girlfriend and she has her 6 toons on it. We have run into a complexing issue. I think that the MQ program is somehow linking the two computers and I don't know how to delink them and it is causing multiple deaths and lots of frustrations.

When using the command "/dge /mac kissassist" or "/dge /end" on computer 1, the program is issuing the same command on computer 2, affecting all the other toons in the other group. This is happening with many of the other commands too. Is there any way to stop this? or a different way to write the commands that will only affect the group on one computer and not on the other computer? Currently I am using an indvidual hotkey on each toon but would like to do a group command, if possible.

Thanks

Hi,
I have one RedGuides account and I am running two computers. One has my 6 toons on it and the other is being used by my girlfriend and she has her 6 toons on it. We have run into a complexing issue. I think that the MQ program is somehow linking the two computers and I don't know how to delink them and it is causing multiple deaths and lots of frustrations.

When using the command "/dge /mac kissassist" or "/dge /end" on computer 1, the program is issuing the same command on computer 2, affecting all the other toons in the other group. This is happening with many of the other commands too. Is there any way to stop this? or a different way to write the commands that will only affect the group on one computer and not on the other computer? Currently I am using an indvidual hotkey on each toon but would like to do a group command, if possible.

Thanks
This makes Dannet fun!

Plugin - MQ2DanNet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back