• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DanNet

Plugin - MQ2DanNet (3 Viewers)

For reference, both toons have this interface selected with the arrow

Attachments

• dannet.png
    dannet.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 1
fyi cmp, that is your "local" ip addy, no one can access.find y ou based on those ips.

No VPN. But the alt is on a VM. Does that affect it even if they're on the same interface? It seems to recognize it to an extent. Because it shows the correct group under /dnet info. Char #2 shows the group leaders name.
VM usage for eq is something dbg takes action against, i'd recommend not doing that

I've searched around and can't find what I'm looking for so maybe someone can help.

I'm trying to make a dannet macro to tell a single char to cast a specific spell, in this case Mes. I was thinking /dge (char name) /cast 4

This obviously isn't working. How can I give a command to one char?

Thanks!

I had this problem over a year ago when I moved to a new computer. Alas, I have moved to a new computer again and am having the same problem. Dannet is not discovering other accounts that are logged into the same computer. /dnet info only returns the name of the character that typed the query, plus the zone, class, group, etc. Unloaded and reloaded Dannet.

I know I haven't provided a lot of details, but I would appreciate some guidance on what I am missing (again). Last time I uninstalled the Killer Network App and everything was fine. This computer doesn't have that app.

Hello,

I am having an issue with one toon not responding to /dex, /dgge commands.

Currently running 6 toons on the same network/ separate pcs and only one is not responding to /dex commands.

checked /dnet interface and all toons are set to same channel = ethernet.

please advise.

I know you can structure a dannet query in Lua like dannet.query(name, "Me.FreeInventory", dannet_delay). My question is, for the query part of this, could the target 'name' return the value of a locally stored setting for that client? So kind of like dannet.query(name, report_local_setting, dannet_delay)? Or do queries have to be mq data (per the wiki "A query is simply a normal TLO access from the perspective of the peer with the external")?

is there a way i could turn all chars to not burn on, then turn it back on through dannet? im just a simple fellow and usually am on chase or grind most of the time, being able to time the burn on my most hated mission heroes forge would be sick.

Hey guys, I mess around with a lot of toons sometimes (100+), and I can't get them all to connect to a single Dannet server. They seem to connect to 2-3 different ones for some reason. Is there some way around this? I've tried Mq2eqbc, but that doesn't seem to work for me either. Any ideas?

Wanted to give dannet another shot to try and get working. Finally can get to work, just wondering if a fix to my laptop working on ethernet.
My PC /dnet interface shows as per the attached pic, my laptops ethernet shows the same, just with its ip as 192.168.1.100--192.168.255.255 - these will not talk to each other.
If i switch the laptop to WiFi - /dnet interface shows as 192.168.1.101--192.168.1.255 - when switched to this interface my PC and Laptop talk fine

I cant see anyway to make my laptops ethernet goto 192.168.1.100--192.168.1.255, as i think this is the problem?.
I also tested a second PC, this gives the ip #########--192.168.1.255 on its ethernet connection, and also works fine.

Any Thoughts? - tried turning off firewalls etc.

As i say it does work putting the laptop on wifi, just would prefer cable connection.

Attachments

• dn.PNG
    dn.PNG
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
Wanted to give dannet another shot to try and get working. Finally can get to work, just wondering if a fix to my laptop working on ethernet.
My PC /dnet interface shows as per the attached pic, my laptops ethernet shows the same, just with its ip as 192.168.1.100--192.168.255.255 - these will not talk to each other.
If i switch the laptop to WiFi - /dnet interface shows as 192.168.1.101--192.168.1.255 - when switched to this interface my PC and Laptop talk fine

I cant see anyway to make my laptops ethernet goto 192.168.1.100--192.168.1.255, as i think this is the problem?.
I also tested a second PC, this gives the ip #########--192.168.1.255 on its ethernet connection, and also works fine.

Any Thoughts? - tried turning off firewalls etc.

As i say it does work putting the laptop on wifi, just would prefer cable connection.
Common for wifi to not 'bridge' the LAN and WIFI network, there is a setting in your router somewhere
Which wifi router do you have?

Common for wifi to not 'bridge' the LAN and WIFI network, there is a setting in your router somewhere
Which wifi router do you have?
Hi, thanks for the info, router is a netgear R8000 nighthawk
Just odd both PCs work fine on ethetnet, just laptop doesn't like it

All three are connected to a 8 way switcher connected to the same port on the router, just for extra info.
EQBC works fine BTW, never had a problem with that, just trying to move off it 🙂

So here is my set up:

I have 4 computers all windows 11. Each computer runs 1 EQ RoF2 client. so 1 computer, 1 client, 1 character
2 computers are on the same network...and they communicate with each other
the 2 other computers are on a VPN (for security reasons) but i use them as well to play.

All 4 computers occupy the same desk. but 2 need to be on a VPN at all times.

the 2 computers on the VPN cannot see the main Redguides MQ2 PC, though they both recognize the groupleader and put a LDR tag on him.

How can i make these 2 computers (on the VPN) see the master PC without resorting to disconnecting from the VPN. Is there a configuration thing i need to do? workaround
? Thank you very much. Removing the VPN is not an option sadly. Nor is running 2 instances of EQ on 1 PC an option. thanks.

So here is my set up:

I have 4 computers all windows 11. Each computer runs 1 EQ RoF2 client. so 1 computer, 1 client, 1 character
2 computers are on the same network...and they communicate with each other
the 2 other computers are on a VPN (for security reasons) but i use them as well to play.

All 4 computers occupy the same desk. but 2 need to be on a VPN at all times.

the 2 computers on the VPN cannot see the main Redguides MQ2 PC, though they both recognize the groupleader and put a LDR tag on him.

How can i make these 2 computers (on the VPN) see the master PC without resorting to disconnecting from the VPN. Is there a configuration thing i need to do? workaround
? Thank you very much. Removing the VPN is not an option sadly. Nor is running 2 instances of EQ on 1 PC an option. thanks.
what do you mean "see"

do you mean dannet?

you have to enable local traffic on your vpn

when i mean "see" i mean that when i give a /dxe command ...the VPN computers dont see the command.

How do I enable local traffic on the VPN? Am using Nord VPN. sorry am a noob.

but thanks for this first step.
so yes, dannet i'll move this to the dannet page (make sure to check the instructions tab and such for this resource).

i don't use nord vpn, but a very simple google search seems to explain how to turn on local traffic

How do I allow local network traffic on NordVPN?

Local network permissions | Meshnet docs

On the left-side menu, select the Devices in Meshnet tab. Next to the device that you want to alter the permissions for, click the three-dot menu and select Manage device. Under Traffic routing permissions, turn on or off the Access to your local network when routing traffic through your device toggle.

so yes, dannet i'll move this to the dannet page (make sure to check the instructions tab and such for this resource).

i don't use nord vpn, but a very simple google search seems to explain how to turn on local traffic

How do I allow local network traffic on NordVPN?

Local network permissions | Meshnet docs

On the left-side menu, select the Devices in Meshnet tab. Next to the device that you want to alter the permissions for, click the three-dot menu and select Manage device. Under Traffic routing permissions, turn on or off the Access to your local network when routing traffic through your device toggle.

thank you . i followed all the instructions to turn on local traffic. they still cant see each other (Dannet) Is there another way i can enable them to talk to one another? I really just want the stick functionality working :)

thank you . i followed all the instructions to turn on local traffic. they still cant see each other (Dannet) Is there another way i can enable them to talk to one another? I really just want the stick functionality working :)
Should be able to edit the plugin to ini to use eqbcs, and then set that up with a static IP.

NordVPN and others have historically been not friendly to dannet.

Should be able to edit the plugin to ini to use eqbcs, and then set that up with a static IP.

NordVPN and others have historically been not friendly to dannet.
Alright.

When you say plug in ini... This is the plug in of Dannet?

What is eqbcs.. Is there a beginner friendly way to set that up? I don't mind trying and doing trial and error. Thank you for your patience with my issue.

Plugin - MQ2DanNet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back