• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Request - How should we respond to suspension waves? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
89,016¢
Pronouns
He/Him
I've been talking with a few people about this for months, but ultimately MacroQuest is an open source project, so I'd like to open this conversation to everyone.

How should RedGuides respond to the recent 7-day suspension waves? We don't have the resources of a $300,000,000 company, but we certainly have passion. What should we focus it on?

Some things to keep in mind:
  • When reading this thread, you'll notice up ▲ and down ▼ arrows next to each reply. Use them to upvote ideas you agree with.
  • While a lot of us are upset about suspensions (people are venting on here and social media) we need to keep in mind that we're EverQuest fans. We're here because of the work and creativity from Darkpaw Games, so please show them respect even if you disagree with their judgement.
  • We assume several thousand people use MacroQuest, though this is a very rough estimate as we don't log anything in game nor are we the only distributor. DPG has a much better idea about usage than we do.

EDIT & SUMMARY

If you took the time to vote or reply, thank you. Here's the primary action suggested in every post with at least two votes:

Add detection safeguards to MQ + 149
Communicate with DPG + 101
Boycott / Stop playing altogether + 55
Stay the course / No change +49
Focus on Emu +20
Stop promoting our playstyle +20
Remove Truebox restrictions +9
Add more "anti"-features such as anti-AFK checks. + 7
Turn on safety features by default: audible alerts on say, tell, /ooc camp checks, etc. + 4
lol +2

The highest two suggestions have been heard loud and clear. I imagine an effective boycott would need organization, I'm open to it but not just yet. Staying the course has already been tried 😅. Emulator is attractive for many reasons, and work has already begun on MacroQuest for emu clients. I don't think we'll take down our youtubes or relax truebox restrictions anytime soon. I wouldn't push for anti-features without some type of assurance they'd help our cause. Some safety defaults like those hotpocket suggested will probably be in a commit soon.

Again, thank you all for the replies and for sticking with us to this point. If there are any ideas I missed, or improperly summarized, please reply!

Last edited:
Just want to /bca //say ready and not have it instantly obvious that I'm botting.
noparse /bcga //docommand /timed ${Math.Rand[25,300]} /say ready

This will do that :) Not sure who wrote it for me. THANKS to that person! But been using it for long time. Target NPC with all Toons and smash the hotkey. Golden. Changing the second number higher/lower will change the length of randoms. I like 300 but might takes toons up to 30 seconds to say Ready

Sorry .. back on topic .

Community as a whole I think is great. Cheaters... yea whatever. Cant do crap in this game without it for most part. Unless you have 1000s of hours to LFG. Going full assault on them on all servers would not go well.

since it does nothing other than force individuals to reinject over and over (possibly causing detection issues?).
You misunderstand. This isn’t a preventative or detective mechanism, it is trying to protect you from yourself.
If so, quietly implement it. Don't engage, don't make a big announcement, etc. Just tell the community (after testing it) and push the implementation live.
Telling the community is announcing it~

Here are my personal views ...

1) Forget about any communication lines with DPG as a means of finding some compromise. We know what their stance is, and we know that the only form of MQ they would not target and attack as cheating is basically ISB, which defeats the whole purpose. Pursuing any form of compromise or acceptance is a total waste of time in my opinion.

2) As much as I hate to say this, I feel part of the issue may have come from what might be lower barriers to entry that RG has created over the years, via guides and videos created by good people and for good reasons. In short, MQ might have become too easy to get set up and use, and has become too visible in recent years, attracting what DPG might consider an unacceptable percentage of use and something current leadership could no longer turn a blind eye to. This is a hard one for me, because the core of this community is about helping and sharing with others, as well as creating plugins and macros that make things easier not harder, but that might come with an unforeseen cost that we may be seeing now. For me, this means no more guides, explanations and example videos on places like YouTube, with the goal of less visibility rather than more. Sic will probably strongly disagree with this point of view, but it's just the way I see it. I think MQ has no choice but to operate from the shadows as much as possible.

3) Update popular macros and plugins to not allow unattended gameplay, or at least make it much more difficult to accomplish, if something like this is even technically possible. Yeah, that means stuff like MQ2Grind (among other things) gets toasted, but I personally think it could go a long way to reducing exposures. Sure, those that are determined will always find ways around it, but I bet many won't. It's one thing to say "be at the keyboard". It's another to make it much harder to accomplish it via the code. Again ... less exposure and player reports should be the ultimate goal here.

4) As much as it can be done by the great volunteer developers here at RG, continue to find ways to implement measures that avoid process and other forms of possible detection. Yes I know that this is a huge cat and mouse game, but in my opinion its a game worth pursuing if someone(s) is able and willing to try and if it's even possible at this point. Any measures taken should be via an update, with no notes, announcements or fanfare.
i do disagree, tho i see your point.

unfortunately mq should not be gatekept - and rg isn't the distribution site for gatekeeping - there are others if that is your jam

i do disagree, tho i see your point.

unfortunately mq should not be gatekept - and rg isn't the distribution site for gatekeeping - there are others if that is your jam

Yeah I get and appreciate your position, although I don't think my view would go so far as calling it gatekeeping. Just more ... discreet? Also, if I do have a jam related to MQ, it would most certainly be RG, so that's that. :)

@Knightly agree and disagree with you there. We pose a threat in the sense that these tools allows players to do more with less (subbed time)...as an example me being able to run 54+ characters (and counting...i'm still building lol) solo threatens their model in a lot of way. On the other hand...I would say some of us in the community were (prior to all this foolishness) a hell of a lot more profitable, engaged, and beneficial to servers (Pwlvl's, Lag Pile MGB's/buffs, loot to guildies, etc...) than a regular joe player sitting in their living room soloing stuff or joining to run a raid ever was.

Prior MQ/VV (manual boxing) or post...I was contributing way more than I was ever taking both financial (12+ subs/exp purchases per year). Now, I'm on the boat of just helping our community and logging in to have fun. I've no plan to purchase anything or help anyone w/ anything on my servers until DBG mends their ways again and give me a reason to spend

Till that happens, get ready for bazaar shit to be super expensive (spells, gear, etc)...and for a buffless and no assist gaming experience for everyone else...just like DBG there's a cost to cover. They're just shooting themselves in the foot and creating a bad player experience for everyone
@an_image I simply gave red cents cause #DinTheB avatar, best skit ever! :P

I don’t consider using mq is cheating. It is just a different way of playing EQ.
I think it could be useful to talk about it positively on official forum in order to change the perception., after all it is the thermometer of DBG.

As for true box, the fact RG do not provide functional tools on true box is sensible.

But this is rhetorical as It does not prevent anything anyway.
MQ is open source and one can build its own mq with changes.

Last edited:
If no communication with DPG happened yet , that is probably not going to ever happen.
It means they are not likely to change their policy.

But it is an opportunity to transition to EQEMU.
Having access to the code server side would bring new perspectives.

From my perspective transitioning to EMU would impact DPG more seriously than activating mq on their true box server on the long term.

There is a lively community here, playing all together on EQEMU might even turn to be an awesome experience!

Last edited:
Personally I don't see DBG changing their stance. It would as if they gave in and that's not going to happen. Unfortunately, I feel the damage has been done and it's irreversible. There are too many "Holier than Thou" 13 year olds who have been playing for 20yrs pointing out what they think are MQ users even if it's just a tab boxer moving his crew. Once they cry about that in /general, you get the bandwagon folks chiming in as well. There are still the blatant MQ users that aren't helping anything either. I am going to continue playing the game I enjoy and when DBG drops the hammer and bans, then it is what it is. EMU is a thought but I have RL friends who will not leave "live" servers so I am playing until there's no rezzes left for my accounts. ✌️

this is absolutely without question not what we want. prison servers don't work. even Holly mentioned this when we were all discussing making Rizlona possible.
We’ve had the discussion before but I suffer from CRAFT. Why is it a bad thing? It’s widely known that damn near everyone on Riz uses some form of automation and openly. You almost never hear about suspensions on that server and I personally feel is a great server and a great economy. It’s had a few suspensions but I consider them more token than them trying to send a strict message. Even if you had some rules like no active hacks or anything that is an overt burden to the servers. Something comes forth that is causing issues, the devs can say look knock that shit off it’s causing to much stress on the infrastructure. Make all accounts paid accounts like a TLP.

I understand it would hurt some that F2P but the company has to have the funds to keep it going. Adding a burden to the company and not offering a revenue source is a quick way to say don’t take me serious.

*edit*
Not trying to be argumentative. I honestly don’t remember shit and you could of had a very great reason and I’ve forgotten. 😂

you can search where i've explained a few times and don't intend or re-re-re-re-re-re-rehashing it every time it gets brought up, but i'd be doing myself and others a disservice by not saying "we don't want this"

prison server = no customer support
prison server = one way
prison server = run by the inmates (toxic)
prison server = think of the worst most toxic person you can think of in your general chat - now give them free reign to say/do things without repercussions.
prison server = does 0 to solve most of the reasons people box
prison server = good majority of folks who box aren't going to ditch their guild/friends/raid to go to the above listed shithole

even Holly mentioned how it looks better on paper than in actuality. they did it in eq2 > here <
A fair point but I feel it’s different than what we (maybe just me) have in mind. You absolutely have support because I’m a paying customer. A prison server is a server I spin up and I make the rules. Like I would consider the project1999 server as a prison server. I’m referring to a server that has support, has rules, has everything the current EQ has but doesn’t have automation restrictions. Have it optional like I feel rizlona was. They launched two servers one truebox, one not. Launch a new server and allow players to move to it and make it very strictly clear this “live” server is automation free. No warnings and instant bans will be issued for confirmed automating on this server. This other server automation is tolerated. They have servers today with different rule sets. Why can’t you do the same and one rule is automation allowed. They launch new TLPs all the time and as I understand it it’s a money maker. I don’t know the number but how many “subs” have they lost because of the suspension / ban waves over the years. Not people but subs.

I’m not saying a prison server where the misfits are banished to. A meet in the middle solution.

I wouldn't continue to be subbing on multiple accounts if it weren't for the QoL stuff RG provides. Player base is shot (for many reasons) and that is the fundamental problem.

RG is a tool. You can't blame the tool for the people misusing it. We also don't know how they make their determination to suspend/ban people. It should be blatantly obvious shenanigans are going on. They know it is a thin line and they need to balance their response. Kronos are a significant revenue source (anyone know how it compares to subs?).

With that said, it would be nice to have some sort random delay we can apply at various functions, like /mimicme rtimed ##, /say yes i will fetch your soiled drawers.

This may have already been suggested in others' posts, but what about the idea of moving everyone who wants to use MQ to one server? DPG frames the new accommodation any way they want, but the implicit understanding is that no one will be suspended or banned on that server for using MQ. If people choose to remain on other servers, then they take their chances.
This wouldn't work tho cause you would still have people playing on Live servers using MQ. Like it or not there are people that use it with active hacks or that use RG that are complete assholes and do it as a living or a way to make extra money from farming and selling Krono. The people that are doing this are not gonna be on a server with everyone else that boxes that can run raids they are trying to sell loot rights to because it's to much competition and a loss in sales for them.

What you would get on a server like this is nothing but something very very very toxic that would make your playtime a very unenjoyable experience.

I don't necessarily feel compelled to explain nuance and non-literal interpretation of proverbs to somebody that has an Ingsoc banner in their signature.

Black hat, red hat, grey hat, blue hat. None of us are white hats.
Final Fantasy Pixel GIF
Yellow hat mofocka! yea...

I wouldn't continue to be subbing on multiple accounts if it weren't for the QoL stuff RG provides. Player base is shot (for many reasons) and that is the fundamental problem.

RG is a tool. You can't blame the tool for the people misusing it. We also don't know how they make their determination to suspend/ban people. It should be blatantly obvious shenanigans are going on. They know it is a thin line and they need to balance their response. Kronos are a significant revenue source (anyone know how it compares to subs?).

With that said, it would be nice to have some sort random delay we can apply at various functions, like /mimicme rtimed ##, /say yes i will fetch your soiled drawers.
Another one is pet spam from being given pet toys (thank you for the xyz), which is generated waaaay too quickly. With 4 pets in group it's actually funny.

I’ve played on a few of the Truebox servers. I enjoy it occasionally (though I’m not one that would play one every year). I don’t really think you need MQ on Truebox and I played without it. Definitely not needed at the start and not needed until much later if you’re “riding the wave.”

1.) There are plenty of people and plenty of groups to be had at all hours of the day. Population isn’t an issue because it’s high and consolidated.
2.) There is not a lot you can’t do solo. Most old world quests and even the Kunark Archaeologist quests either have things you can do solo or drop in places where there are active groups. I can’t think of a scenario where you have to camp something in a dead zone, even if you do have to camp something.
3.) The time sinks are minimal. A lot of the old world stuff just relied on people not knowing what they were doing. Now that people do, it’s not nearly as much of a time sink and all the QoL things that were added (smoothing out levels, less exp loss from death, no corpse runs for gear) all reduce that original time sink.

This isn’t true of the modern game, and granted there are some original things like this as well in the TLP game but there are many more in the modern game. There are design decisions that would ask you to get a group of your five closest friends to camp something with you for a few days or spend hundreds of hours to “baseline” your AAs and gear so that you’re not trash or dead weight to any group you join.

I would say MQ probably starts to become useful for the casual gamer around Luclin when AAs enter the picture and the disparity between time commitments begins to show. It becomes pronounced in Planes of Power when flagging comes in, and it gets excessive in GoD when the population falls off and the “wave” has crashed.
So going off of what you just said, your opinion is that restricting on truebox is warranted because classic up until luclin its very easy to group with others and do content even at a solo level, and then starting around PoP and into GoD is when the "wave" crashes and u can start to understand the use of MQ?
So with that said, there is currently zero TLP's which meet that criteria.
Would it not make sense to relax our truebox limitations when a server reaches GoD? OOW? At what point would you feel its entered the era where you could accept its use? I don't see it being very difficult to update the approved server list for a server once it reaches a certain checkpoint instead of just going based off of whether it is truebox or not?

Apologies if this came off as hostile, not my intentions, just curious.

Sorry I was raised on Tallon Zek. MQ just added a whole other level of grief. Fuck those idiots.
If you were using MQ in a way to grief or kill steal raid mobs I would report you immediately.
Haha - I started on TZ as well - Discordia/Indignation for life - when I was faced by "tracking" necromancers that is what started me down the MQ dark road in order to level the playing field. Well met sir....

Last edited:
Cancelled 5/6 accounts and thinking of cancelling the last now.

It is no longer fun tabbing, this is how I want to play the game, if I can't then I won't play.

Kudos to all RG devs, been purchasing most of the stuff <3

Thank you all

Perhaps I explained poorly. My opinion has no basis in what DPG does or does not do. More bans, less bans, all out war of escalation from their side, it doesn’t matter. I personally don’t care what DPG does. I do care about the health of the game, in general, though. And I think the TLPs do bring a lot of money in. So I feel like we’re acting in good faith to honor the wishes there (even if they might feel I’m acting in bad faith by not honoring their wishes in general).

I never agreed with the stance that if you don’t provoke them and give them all your user information, they won’t bite. They will do what they do, regardless of my stance. But I understand their intent with Truebox is to have less people boxing and I’m willing to facilitate that. The flip side of that is I will also still working on making sure we don’t get caught elsewhere. Because I will do what I do, regardless of their stance.
Well spoken!

after using mq I cannot go back to regular boxing. I’ve been boxing since I was 9 years old, my dad had 2 computers and I would play the healer often as I was forced to since my dad needed a healer. But when he wasn’t around I played a warrior and healed myself. Im almost 32 now, and mq has made my characters super heros as posted above! I could not possible achieve anything I have achieved in game without mq. I play on FV and you cannot walk through pok without seeing box groups everywhere. You can easily point them out as it’s mostly people who got tired of soloing, made their own box group so they can actually play the damn game. Then they sit them all together in the same spot, and all share the same guild tag, most likely a private guild just for their characters. But even before mq, I was sticking a Bobby pin in my laptop mouse to spam click my clerics clicky leg heals. Players will always find ways to make playing easier, now it’s become the extreme of just pushing play and watching your superhero wreck mobs. But without it, I’d still be under level 100, and I’ve been playing for 20 years!! No other game in history has a 20 year player that cannot reach end game… it’s unheard of. I would have to solo, or be lfg for an entire year, playing 8 hours a day like a full time job just to get anywhere. The problem I see happening…. They keep banning people and driving away players of all kinds. Do you know how many people on my guild rely on my 4 man superhero team to help them farm, level, do quests etc? I also sell power leveling services for plat/krono. I have personally not forced but encouraged 5x tol expansion sales from powerleveling people to max ftp level and also countless krono sales that people buy with cash, to trade for power level. Services that would not even be an option without MQ. So even the players who don’t use it, rely on it unknowingly! Half my guild is unaware I use anything, they just think I’m a fucking super human who can alt tab and click insanely fast. I actually found the program a week after returning to the game. I noticed patterns and googled “EverQuest bot” and red guides was right at the top of the list 😅 but most players have absolutely no idea how much they rely on mq even if they don’t use it. Oh your favorite bazaar trader who always has the tradeskill items you need by the thousands? And the only one to have them at that? Most likely farmed with mq..

I’ve also noticed that since the release of mercs, no one chooses to play a healer. Resulting in no one knowing how to play a healer…. Thus no on rolls healers. The ONLY people rolling healers, are those making them for boxes because they NEED a healer other than or better than the merc.. this is probably the biggest game breaking thing they added. If you want to eliminate the need for mq or software like it, you would need to do something drastic like allow mercs to enter raids. Maybe then, people would not feel the need to box so much, or atleast not need the automatic boxing on healers.

Either way. If you removed red guides, mq, or any software like isboxer, etc…. The quality of the game will surely diminish. Most of the boxing community would quit. Resulting in player population crashing drastically.

If there are 1k characters logged into a server, I would assume less than half are actual players. I personally have no less than 4 characters logged in when I play. Just with those numbers, we could assume 1k characters, is really only 200-300 players. No take away ALL of the players boxing and their characters. You are left with 200 or less ACTUAL players. Now spread them out through the levels, and with conflicting play times etc.. who is left to group and grind with??

The game was initially made to rely on high player volume. This is NOT a single player game. Through the years, it has felt more and more like a single player game with the remaining players being mostly those who can play at work, stay at home parents, and the casual players who can only log 1-3 hours a day max…. The game does not have the population needed to still be played like it used to. Thus the reason something like mq was even thought of.

I personally would not mind playing on a jail server 🤷‍♂️ I assume there would be lots of like minded individuals who would also populate the server and would be fun to play with. However with everyone saying it would be “lawless” I don’t know if I would agree with that. Im certain there would still be a way we could police the server. As stated new servers often have special rule sets. It wouldn’t be hard to implement a unanimous voting poll. If said player X was going around being a complete A hole, having a way to create a poll about said player and giving everyone the option to suspend them from playing for 7 days, the final vote would have to be greater than 90% of the current players online.. and that player would receive a 7 day suspension. Giving the players the power a gm would have and allowing us to police ourselves. Im certain there would be ways to abuse this as well, but with certain policies in place, I do believe it would be possible for a jail server to become a paradise. No one wants the absolute lawlessness that we believe a jail server would have.

I'm not so sure. We had a dude 54 boxing and warping to OW raid targets on Rizlona with pretty much zero repercussions from classic to velious. The only reason he got caught in the end is because he got greedy and woke the Sleeper, and it caused a backlash. I've watched warping and hacks pretty much from the get go from others that are still playing to this day. Their actual policing of the server was pretty light to begin with even with the "dedicated" GM era. I think the only argument you can make against a no police server is it allows people to grief you in OW zones. I'd honestly trade that for being able to play without worrying if I'm going to get banned after putting years of work into my characters.

I dont think Drunder from EQ2 is a good example because the population of EQ2 is a fraction of EQ's (and they're both small to begin with) and the actual policing of things like Ogre was fairly light. You didn't really have a good reason to go there when there was a tiny chance you'd get caught, and even then you'd have to be afking 24/7. If they start heavily enforcing third party program usage on EQ I think a no police server will look alot more appealing to alot of people.

How many people here have rerolled their characters over the years because they got banned at some point? I'd wager it's a pretty significant amount.
he was 36 boxing and his name was Blame. great post otherwise.

That's not possible. VV only functions locally and doesn't "communicate" with EQ servers. The most it does is:
Authenticate your VV build as paid
Send crash reports to RG

Not sure why this isn't a valid post on topic and correct information. There's no way VV causes server latency.

It certainly could be a factor. They have stated on the forums that the latency is being caused by the number of actions in a given timeframe and the calculations necessary as a result. Being that MQ can perform actions faster than a human, someone using plugins/macros is a greater contributor to latency than a normal player.

It certainly could be a factor. They have stated on the forums that the latency is being caused by the number of actions in a given timeframe and the calculations necessary as a result. Being that MQ can perform actions faster than a human, someone using plugins/macros is a greater contributor to latency than a normal player.
As a boxer before I was a VV user, I would send hundreds of "wrong" commands to the server to just get the one command I wanted. For me at least the boxing without VV solution was to use 5 line macros in EQ to an insane extent to get my box to do what I needed it to, when I needed it to. VV reduces the number of server communications compared to alt tab boxing.

I hope one of the devs chimes in here.

Sorry I was raised on Tallon Zek. MQ just added a whole other level of grief. Fuck those idiots.
If you were using MQ in a way to grief or kill steal raid mobs I would report you immediately.

Unfortunately ANY report of an MQer to DPG effects the whole MQ community negatively. When DPG is assessing how much "cheaters" are effecting the game, I suspect it is very likely they quantify how many "player complaints" they are recieving about cheating.

Any report of an MQer to DPG, regardless of your reason, just adds to their list of violations. It likely makes the problem seem worse than it really is by flooding more reports into their system. :shrug:

Let's pretend its 2004 again and DPG is the enemy. Let's re-learn using it can get you banned at any time. Protect yourself.
  1. If you see people using MQ stupidly or obviously, report them.
  2. Check and answer your tells. If you missed one just say you lost it in battle spam.
  3. Don't camp live zones in the newest expansion bogarting named 24/7 for 3 days straight.
  4. If idiots, self appointed EQ police, are watching you ask them to leave. If they don't log.
  5. You don't need to be max level and AA's in 2 days. If you afk do it in old out of the way zones. Your toons will max out eventually.
  6. Don't MQ on True Box and TLP. The normal players are the loudest whiniest bunch of cry babies in gaming. DPG listens to vocal minority of complaints of PAYING customers.
  7. Play smart. Think about what you are doing with MQ. If it interrupts or ruins other people's fun you are going to get reported.

1st rule of fight club
DO NOT TALK ABOUT MACROQUEST.
2nd rule of fight club
DO NOT TALK ABOUT MACROQUEST.

I saw I am repeating a few things that Szazor wrote early I just read the entire thread but you get the idea.
This didn't work for me. I had a bunch of accounts I made in 2014 (when they gave away Heroic upgrades). I decided to replace 1 group member in my 90s group and I brought that account out of retirement. It was FTP so I kronoed it to hope to turn it to silver. I gave it about 2 weeks before I started using it. I only did heroic adventures (not gribbles) and only about 1 per day for a week during the double xp. After the double xp week, I stopped for about 3 days. Go to log back in, suspended (Was suspended on a Monday, didn't know until the middle of the week). Checked the email on that account and verified "Cheating". Checked all the other accounts in that group, not suspended. Only one that got hit was the un-retired lvl 87 gold (kronoed) account. I had 2 days left on my krono after it came out of 7 day suspension (it did turn silver).

It wasn't them going back though the logs because the account was unused before. All were running ihc mercs and only ihc mercs (plus what ever it needs to run), mqsay, and relay tells (which it didnt get any). It wasn't the account driving or initiating mq commands. It was just a bot in the group. It was never used outside of the group. IHC was not loaded until in the instance and unloaded before leaving the instance.

Explain that one? I sure the hell cant. For some reason, it was flagged and suspended. It is frustrating because I can't figure it out.

Last edited:
This didn't work for me. I had a bunch of accounts I made in 2014 (when they gave away Heroic upgrades). I decided to replace 1 group member in my 90s group and I brought that account out of retirement. It was FTP so I kronoed it to hope to turn it to silver. I gave it about 2 weeks before I started using it. I only did heroic adventures (not gribbles) and only about 1 per day for a week during the double xp. After the double xp week, I stopped for about 3 days. Go to log back in, suspended (Was suspended on a Monday, didn't know until the middle of the week). Checked the email on that account and verified "Cheating". Checked all the other accounts in that group, not suspended. Only one that got hit was the un-retired lvl 87 gold (kronoed) account. I had 2 days left on my krono after it came out of 7 day suspension (it did turn silver).

It wasn't them going back though the logs because the account was unused before. All were running ihc mercs and only ihc mercs (plus what ever it needs to run), mqsay, and relay tells (which it didnt get any). It wasn't the account driving or initiating mq commands. It was just a bot in the group. It was never used outside of the group. IHC was not loaded until in the instance and unloaded before leaving the instance.

Explain that one? I sure the hell cant. For some reason, it was flagged and suspended. It is frustrating because I can't figure it out.
I think they're after all accounts associated with flagged accounts. My brother who has never used MQ traded me a krono and was also suspended.

My thought would be basically this: Consider fallback positions while still trying to get dialog going with DBG. RG has a lot of great programmers/devs, and if they got a wild hair to see what they could do to help get closer to live like feature wise, it'd go towards solidifying an alternative if DBG is unwilling to budge.

Honestly, I really do wish we could get DBG to work with you all, I'd love it if they helped us continue to give them money.

I think they're after all accounts associated with flagged accounts. My brother who has never used MQ traded me a krono and was also suspended.
Nope. Was a virgin account. Nothing associated with that account was flagged. Added my wifes credit card and purchased the krono. It was not associated with any other account nor has ever been flagged.

That's not possible. VV only functions locally and doesn't "communicate" with EQ servers. The most it does is:
Authenticate your VV build as paid
Send crash reports to RG

Not sure why this isn't a valid post on topic and correct information. There's no way VV causes server latency.
Every connected client causes additional latency.
Clients running MQ that are sending more requests per second than a standard user are, in turn, adding more server load per client than a normal user.
Misconfigured MQ clients/macros/plugins can spam requests at an insane rate.

Request - How should we respond to suspension waves?
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back