• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Zerker Vrs. Rogue (1 Viewer)

In 2 of my groups i run 1 rogue and 1 zerker in each, and after watching countless hours of dps meter over the last several months, both in cov t3 group gear, but full heroic dex augs, exactly the same augs, i like both my zerk and rogue and they take turns topping charts on trash and named mobs. Also on Zlandi mission for example, about 7/10, my rogue takes #1 spot, and im using CWTN plugins on both, and running sk,shm,brd,bst,rog,zerk on 1 group and sk,clr,bst,brd,rog,zerk on the other.

This doesnt really prove one way or the other, it does show a gulf? however, not really long enough for a "lets sit and grind" picture.

Burns enabled, NO GLYPHS (although normally that seems zerkers get a bigger boost then rog):

Zlandicar in 58s, 259.06M Damage @4.47M, 1. Rog1 = [email protected] in 48s | 2. Rog2 = [email protected] in 47s | 3. Rog3= [email protected] in 48s | 4. War = [email protected] in 57s | 5.Brd = [email protected] in 47s | 6. Clr = [email protected] in 57s

Zlandicar in 40s, 255.13M Damage @6.38M, 1. Zerker1 = [email protected] in 35s | 2. Zerker2 +Pets = [email protected] in 34s | 3. BST = [email protected] in 36s | 4. SK = [email protected] in 40s | 5. Brd= [email protected] in 35s | 6. Shm = [email protected] in 35s

And poor casters (they are behind in gear):
Zlandicar in 69s, 255.02M Damage @3.70M, 1. Mag1 = [email protected] in 60s | 2. Mag2= [email protected] in 59s | 3. Bst = [email protected] in 63s | 4. Enc = [email protected] in 54s | 5. Shm = [email protected] in 62s | 6. Mag2Pet = [email protected] in 61s | 7. Mag1Pet = [email protected] in 62s | 8. SK= [email protected] in 69s

Straight up wrecking? i like the zerkers.. ever try to sneak into a place on a zerker? rogues make it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier.. (3 rog, campfire, bring in group).

This doesnt really prove one way or the other, it does show a gulf? however, not really long enough for a "lets sit and grind" picture.

Burns enabled, NO GLYPHS (although normally that seems zerkers get a bigger boost then rog):

Zlandicar in 58s, 259.06M Damage @4.47M, 1. Rog1 = [email protected] in 48s | 2. Rog2 = [email protected] in 47s | 3. Rog3= [email protected] in 48s | 4. War = [email protected] in 57s | 5.Brd = [email protected] in 47s | 6. Clr = [email protected] in 57s

Zlandicar in 40s, 255.13M Damage @6.38M, 1. Zerker1 = [email protected] in 35s | 2. Zerker2 +Pets = [email protected] in 34s | 3. BST = [email protected] in 36s | 4. SK = [email protected] in 40s | 5. Brd= [email protected] in 35s | 6. Shm = [email protected] in 35s

And poor casters (they are behind in gear):
Zlandicar in 69s, 255.02M Damage @3.70M, 1. Mag1 = [email protected] in 60s | 2. Mag2= [email protected] in 59s | 3. Bst = [email protected] in 63s | 4. Enc = [email protected] in 54s | 5. Shm = [email protected] in 62s | 6. Mag2Pet = [email protected] in 61s | 7. Mag1Pet = [email protected] in 62s | 8. SK= [email protected] in 69s

Straight up wrecking? i like the zerkers.. ever try to sneak into a place on a zerker? rogues make it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier.. (3 rog, campfire, bring in group).
or you can use 1 rog, kill everyone, drag their bodies, rez with a merc and GG only 1 spot in fellowship taken up

40s is nice, good job, those would probably loook even closer with the shm in the rog group

or you can use 1 rog, kill everyone, drag their bodies, rez with a merc and GG only 1 spot in fellowship taken up

40s is nice, good job, those would probably loook even closer with the shm in the rog group
ewww you said merc :cry: and i know, shm make everything better.. i was level'n up and until you get to modern stuff.. shm seemed to struggle :(

ewww you said merc :cry: and i know, shm make everything better.. i was level'n up and until you get to modern stuff.. shm seemed to struggle :(
yeah i just meant "the" shm not necessarily "a" shm. as in just swap the rogues and the zerkers leaving the tank, bard, and shm the same with the same settings etc.

but really either of those parses are great.

Group content who is better? Constant pulling for 1+ hours, no breaks. (geared in group gear).
I'd say zerker, they are able to use abilities to keep endurance somewhat more higher than rogue. I have both zerker n rogue both 116 and rogue constantly needs to rest due to burning up endurance really quick. Do have more dps I'm noticing but with the downtime zerker puts out more constantly imo being able to just keep going. They are both group gear CoV t1 n rogues weapons are ToV chase items.

I run both, CoV raid geared / T2 weapons. Rogue is consistently beating the Zerk except on a few quick burns when the zerk uses mangling (which I don't run during long grind sessions). The zerk doesn't go below 95% endurance, rogue is constantly at 20-30%. It might be an efficiency-vs-output issue with CWTN Zerk and how its DPS is modeled, I really don't know. But CWTN Rogue is pretty tops. Plus there's the added bonus of campfires, collectible grabbing, etc. The downside is double the weapons and only getting top dps from a rear arc, which on some raid events like Klandicar and Sontalak we try to avoid. But also on raids, more rogues = all rogues are better. We have 6 rogues and like 14 zerks on our raids, and rogues take 3-4 of the top 10 spots.

Question - Zerker Vrs. Rogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back