• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Rogue and Berserker or Wizard and Magician. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
Morning,

Title says it all. Currently running Paladin, Shaman and Bard.

I have both sets available. Any suggestions.

Also, what to add as 6th with either.

Rob is spot on, add a bst, mag for toys and other goodies. I am a big fan of druid as 6th but you will always need bst+brd for mana regen if druid is in group.

Rog, Zerk, Bst I agree with a caveat. Melee are very gear dependent.

Melee Group
Pro : Sustained DPS little downtime.
Con: Gear dependent for DPS.

Caster Group
Pro: Quicker to get up and running not as gear dependent
Con: Burst DPS downtime due to the need for mana regen.

Morning,

@Chain … ranger and beastlord … pew pew roar!

Stephen Amell Arrow GIF

Add a bst, wiz and a mage <3 mage has pets, debuffs and mod rods/pet gear/coth. wizard has debuffs, ports and synergy (great for NON firespells/procs), bst is buffs, para, and kick ass burns.

You could add a druid as a DPS or as the healer (pal pretty good on heals and rez), but just in general use, with druids mana problems, shaman be best value (imo).

Between the bst, brd and mage, should keep you in mana (for people saying casters need to med).

Morning,

make whatever you want and makes the game fun for you. Just know there's going to be concessions. Casters don't play as well with automation as melees as they are reactive classes.

Then I would add a Mage, Beastlord add dealers choice on the last spot. My best group has a Necro in it but Rogues, and Rangers are more popular. I like having that 3rd rezzer in the group. Call it overkill but it has saved my bacon more than once from a wipe. And you get plenty of DPS with the pet and pet swarms

With shaman and bard, its tempting to add melee characters but I'll change the tune and offer a different suggestion:

Wiz/Mag/Enc

Synergies line up well with everyone else. Mag may want to twist in a magic nuke if it doesn't fire off their ice clickies for wizzy synergy. Enc on CC opens up the bard to dps full time and maximize song uptime, Enc brings a pet for of the many to the table (making it 3 minimum). Pally and shaman heals will be more than sufficient plus curing will be a breeze, you got ports and Coth, double invis, selos. DPS will be solid enough to handle most things plus if you ever went FTP you can make the transition pretty easily with maybe the bard taking the biggest hit on melee dps (assuming your tank stays gold).

The enchanter is the wildcard spot that could just as easily be a bst,ranger, second mage or wizzy, necro

@Chain … ranger and beastlord … pew pew roar!

Stephen Amell Arrow GIF
Yes! Despite giving my tongue-in-cheek "cookie cutter" answer, I swapped my zerk for a ranger and love it. I swap between ranged or melee (if space is tight in a dungeon for example) and it still does great dps. My "a-team" group is shd, shm (with rez stick), brd, rog, rng and bst. I have a lot of fun with it.
Due to time/money constraints I do play on test so gear/ftp isn't a problem and I use the CWTN plugins which are awesome.

Rogue and Berserker or Wizard and Magician.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back