• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Sic's Hotkeys

Guide - Sic's Hotkeys (1 Viewer)

So the commands for the others would be "${Beastlord.Command} burnnow" and "${Shadowknight.Command} burnnow" ?
no.

it is ${Berzerker.Command} --- which requires mq2berzerker to be loaded --- for a bst it returns bst, for shadowknight it returns shd etc

otherwise you would just hard code /zerk burnnow in your hotkey

like i said, you were correct with /noparse /bcaa //docommand /${Berzerker.Command} burnnow (you just needed that extra / for the docommand part

no.

it is ${Berzerker.Command} --- which requires mq2berzerker to be loaded --- for a bst it returns bst, for shadowknight it returns shd etc

otherwise you would just hard code /zerk burnnow in your hotkey

like i said, you were correct with /noparse /bcaa //docommand /${Berzerker.Command} burnnow (you just needed that extra / for the docommand part

Yeah I get that but how do I also add the burnnow for my toons running MQ2bst and Mq2Eskay?

Yeah I get that but how do I also add the burnnow for my toons running MQ2bst and Mq2Eskay?
... I have explained it twice :(

you have two options.

you can either have a button that is /bcga //bst burnnow or (as long as you have mq2berzerker) /noparse /bcaa //docommand /${Berzerker.Command} burnnow the second one will work for all the cwtn plugins (again, as long as mq2berzerker is loaded)

... I have explained it twice :(

you have two options.

you can either have a button that is /bcga //bst burnnow or (as long as you have mq2berzerker) /noparse /bcaa //docommand /${Berzerker.Command} burnnow the second one will work for all the cwtn plugins (again, as long as mq2berzerker is loaded)

Ah I've got you sorry, I didn't realise that worked for all his plugins. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

I've yet to test, will take a look at it tomorrow. I've managed to halve my hotkeys though thanks to your ideas. Much appreciated.
hollar at me if you need help and we can get them setup together (discord preferred)

be well

Sic updated Sic's Hotkeys with a new update entry:

Reorganized a bit, changed the Berzerker.Command to Me.Class.ShortName

- put the "frequently used" hotkeys at the top - these are the ones i get multiple questions about daily on how to accomplish
- changed the Berzerker.Command to Me.Class.ShortName for the CWTN class plugins because they are all now overloaded with the class shortname for the command
- Added cwtn pause to my pause and unpause button

Read the rest of this update entry...

giving my bard another try seeing people keep telling me to lose the chanter. ill never lose my chanter but going to try it anyways
on your hotkeys you have regular inv for bard, what do you use for inv/undead in tov?

giving my bard another try seeing people keep telling me to lose the chanter. ill never lose my chanter but going to try it anyways
on your hotkeys you have regular inv for bard, what do you use for inv/undead in tov?
Shauni's Sonorous Clouding. Bard AA at max rank gives lev, invis, and IVU all at once

the bard aa gives both - like foro mentioned

How do you get those buttons at the bottom of your group window? Also, it looks like you have the distance each character is from you as a dynamically updating number at the top right of their health bar...how do you add that? Is this from a custom UI?

/bcga //camphere on
/war mode 7 or /shd mode 7
/noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 1
/war resetcamp or /shd resetcamp

So this code does not work on my tunes, I have 5 MQ2 toons and one Kissassist toon(Enchanter) My MT/MA (Sk) works fine, but my two zerkers ,one bst and cler do not get the command to switch mode. Any Ideas what I am doing wrong??
well a couple of things

do you have everyone on eqbc? you need them all connected on your eqbc to do the command

secondly - you need to make sure you have

what you pasted didn't have the / on the noparse

/noparse /bcg //docommand ${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 1

yes they are all on eqbc and all set to accept control on. The lack of the / was a paste edit error which I corrected in forum

I copied the Camp on command and MQ keeps telling me it cannot parse /camphere on
/camphere on is for toons running kissassist - if you have a toon not running kissassist they wouldn't be able to use that command

I just ignore the msg because i know its only on my non-kiss toons

you could have an /if (${Macro.Name.Find[Kiss]}) at the start of it, but that is extra typing

FYI there's a small typo in the Assist button:
INI:
/noparse /bcga //if ($Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /timed 5 /twist off
is missing a { and I think should be
INI:
/noparse /bcga //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /timed 5 /twist off

Here is a macro to make Sic's Hotkeys. It's pretty straight forward. Be careful, it will overwrite any socials with the same name.

Macro to make Sic's Hotkeys:
|Sic's Hotkeys

|-// ***************************************************************************
|-// Function:    DoHotbutton
|-// Description: our '/hotbutton' command
|-//              Extends the built in /hotbutton command with multiple lines support
|-// Usage:       /hotbutton [Name] <color> <Line:><Cursor:>[Text]
|-//                <Line can be 1-5
|-//                <Cursor can ONLY be 0 which means DO NOT put the hotbutton on the cursor.
|-//                Usage:
|-//                /hotbutton TheName 14 1:0:/echo hi    (Where 14 1:0: in this case means use color 14, then place /echo hi on LINE 1 and NO Cursor Attachment.)
|-//                /hotbutton TheName 14 1:/echo hi    (Where 14 1: in this case means use color 14, then place /echo hi on LINE 1.)
|-//                /hotbutton TheName 1:0:/echo hi        (Where 1:0: in this case means place /echo hi on LINE 1 and NO Cursor Attachment.)
|-//                /hotbutton TheName 1:/echo hi        (Where 1: in this case means place /echo hi on LINE 1.)
|-//                /hotbutton TheName 0:/echo hi        (Where 0: in this case means NO Cursor Attachment.)
|-//                Finally, just doing /hotbutton TheName 14 /echo hi OR /hotbutton TheName /echo hi just calls the eq function like before.
|-// ***************************************************************************

Sub main

/echo "THIS WILL OVERWRITE YOUR SOCIALS WITH THE SAME NAME...YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO /END THE MACRO"
/echo "COUNTING TO 10..."
/declare x int local
/for x 1 to 10
/echo ${x}
/delay 1s
/next x

|Camp OFF Key
/hotbutton "Camp OFF" 13 1:0: /bcga //returntocamp 0
/noparse /hotbutton "Camp OFF" 13 2:0: /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 0
/noparse /hotbutton "Camp OFF" 13 3:0: /noparse /bcga //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[CLR]}) /dismount
/hotbutton "Camp OFF" 13 4:0: /bcga //chaseoff

|Camp ON Key
/hotbutton "Camp ON" 14 1:0: /bcga //camphere on
/if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},WAR,SHD]}) {
    /hotbutton "Camp ON" 14 2:0: /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 7   
}

/noparse /hotbutton "Camp ON" 14 3:0: /noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 1
    /hotbutton "Camp ON" 14 4:0: /${Me.Class.ShortName} resetcamp
}

|Burn Now
/hotbutton "Burn Now" 3 1:0: /bcga //burn
/noparse /hotbutton "Burn Now" 3 1:0: /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} burnnow

|Chase ON
/noparse /hotbutton "Chase ON" 14 1:0: /noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.Shortname} mode 2
/hotbutton "Chase ON" 14 2:0:/bcg //chaseon

|Chase OFF
/noparse /hotbutton "Chase OFF" 13 1:0: /noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.Shortname} mode 0
/hotbutton "Chase OFF" 13 2:0: /bcg //chaseoff

|Pause
/hotbutton PAUSE 13 1:0:/bcga //mqp on
/noparse /hotbutton PAUSE 13 2:0: /noparse /bcga //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /timed 5 /twist off
/noparse /hotbutton PAUSE 13 3:0: /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on

|UnPause
/hotbutton UNPAUSE 14 1:0:/bcga //mqp off
/noparse /hotbutton UNPAUSE 14 2:0: /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off

|Target Clear
/hotbutton "Target Clear" 15 1:0: /bcga //target clear
/return

Attachments

• sichotkeys.mac
    3.1 KB · Views: 33
This is great Sic, it really got me started down the right path for setting up my driver's hotkeys.

I've tweaked the concept a little in my implementation. Here's how I updated the Pause On hotkey that Sic shared:

Setup - I use MQ2DanNet for my group comms. All of the toons running CWTN plugins do a /djoin cwtnbots save. My bard is running MuleAssist right now, on the bard I did /djoin muleassistbots save.

Now on my driver, my hotkey for pause looks like this:
Dannet Pause On hotkey:
/dgex muleassistbots /mqp on
/dgex brd /timed 5 /twist off
/noparse /dgaex cwtnbots /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on

With this method, commands are targeted to the appropriate groups in DanNet, so I can control which toons receive the message based on their group membership. My driver happens to use CWTN, so I excluded it from the first two commands using /dgex. Included it in line 3 with /dgaex so driver will pause too. Can pause just others using /dgex there also.

I appreciate all your YouTube vids Sic and also for sharing these custom hotkeys. I really need to do more hotkeys on my driver than typing everything out.

I guess im confused how to make the camp button edited for my group i play my bard and i need my warrior set to 7 and the rest set to 1 but i can not seem to figure out how to make that happen i thought i did but when i edited it it still gave me errors and set the war to 1 with the rest any insight would be appreciated ( i did watch the video but may have missed this info if it is there)

I guess im confused how to make the camp button edited for my group i play my bard and i need my warrior set to 7 and the rest set to 1 but i can not seem to figure out how to make that happen i thought i did but when i edited it it still gave me errors and set the war to 1 with the rest any insight would be appreciated ( i did watch the video but may have missed this info if it is there)
there are a few ways to do this.

INI:
/noparse /bcga //if (!${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[WAR]}) /docommand /${Me.ClassShortName} mode 1
/noparse /bcga //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[WAR]}) /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 7

Here is a macro to make Sic's Hotkeys. It's pretty straight forward. Be careful, it will overwrite any socials with the same name.

Macro to make Sic's Hotkeys's Hotkeys:
|Sic's Hotkeys

|-// Function:    DoHotbutton
|-// Description: our '/hotbutton' command
|-//              Extends the built in /hotbutton command with multiple lines support
|-// Usage:       /hotbutton [Name] <color> <Line:><Cursor:>[Text]
|-//                <Line can be 1-5
|-//                <Cursor can ONLY be 0 which means DO NOT put the hotbutton on the cursor.
|-//                Usage:
|-//                /hotbutton TheName 14 1:0:/echo hi    (Where 14 1:0: in this case means use color 14, then place /echo hi on LINE 1 and NO Cursor Attachment.)
|-//                /hotbutton TheName 14 1:/echo hi    (Where 14 1: in this case means use color 14, then place /echo hi on LINE 1.)
|-//                /hotbutton TheName 1:0:/echo hi        (Where 1:0: in this case means place /echo hi on LINE 1 and NO Cursor Attachment.)
|-//                /hotbutton TheName 1:/echo hi        (Where 1: in this case means place /echo hi on LINE 1.)
|-//                /hotbutton TheName 0:/echo hi        (Where 0: in this case means NO Cursor Attachment.)
|-//                Finally, just doing /hotbutton TheName 14 /echo hi OR /hotbutton TheName /echo hi just calls the eq function like before.

Sub main

/echo "THIS WILL OVERWRITE YOUR SOCIALS WITH THE SAME NAME...YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO /END THE MACRO"
/echo "COUNTING TO 10..."
/declare x int local
/for x 1 to 10
/echo ${x}
/delay 1s
/next x

|Camp OFF Key
/hotbutton "Camp OFF" 13 1:0: /bcga //returntocamp 0
/noparse /hotbutton "Camp OFF" 13 2:0: /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 0
/noparse /hotbutton "Camp OFF" 13 3:0: /noparse /bcga //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[CLR]}) /dismount
/hotbutton "Camp OFF" 13 4:0: /bcga //chaseoff

|Camp ON Key
/hotbutton "Camp ON" 14 1:0: /bcga //camphere on
    /hotbutton "Camp ON" 14 2:0: /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 7  
}

/noparse /hotbutton "Camp ON" 14 3:0: /noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 1
    /hotbutton "Camp ON" 14 4:0: /${Me.Class.ShortName} resetcamp
}

|Burn Now
/hotbutton "Burn Now" 3 1:0: /bcga //burn
/noparse /hotbutton "Burn Now" 3 1:0: /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} burnnow

|Chase ON
/noparse /hotbutton "Chase ON" 14 1:0: /noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.Shortname} mode 2
/hotbutton "Chase ON" 14 2:0:/bcg //chaseon

|Chase OFF
/noparse /hotbutton "Chase OFF" 13 1:0: /noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.Shortname} mode 0
/hotbutton "Chase OFF" 13 2:0: /bcg //chaseoff

|Pause
/hotbutton PAUSE 13 1:0:/bcga //mqp on
/noparse /hotbutton PAUSE 13 2:0: /noparse /bcga //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /timed 5 /twist off
/noparse /hotbutton PAUSE 13 3:0: /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on

|UnPause
/hotbutton UNPAUSE 14 1:0:/bcga //mqp off
/noparse /hotbutton UNPAUSE 14 2:0: /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off

|Target Clear
/hotbutton "Target Clear" 15 1:0: /bcga //target clear
/return
Is this put into the ini file for the leader or character you want control?

Guide - Sic's Hotkeys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back