• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Post your IRL Setup (2 Viewers)

For those with multiple instances of EQ per monitor, what elements of the UI do you not use in order to actually see? I am trying to 6 box on 1 PC with 2 monitors, and the biggest issue I am having is not being able to see the actual game.
One great way to get around this if you want to display all of them on one or two screens is to invest in a 1440p monitor. It makes a massive difference. You can have the full UI displaying and still have plenty of space available to see the game even with 6 tiles on one monitor at 1440 (IMO at least).

For those with multiple instances of EQ per monitor, what elements of the UI do you not use in order to actually see? I am trying to 6 box on 1 PC with 2 monitors, and the biggest issue I am having is not being able to see the actual game.
There's very little reason to see the screens and UIs of background characters. I run all characters in ISBoxer fullscreen-windowed mode stacked and spanning 2 screens with MQ framelimiter set to kill the render rate on w/e characters aren't on top.

with how good mq and automation is these days, I only display my primary toon on screen.

for me at least, gone are the days of tiling and displaying multiple toons to make sure they're doing their job
Agree...Zerk/Enc/Cleric CWTN Plugs-in...set it and forget it.
DPS Casters - KA...you set them and forget them...

Only screen i usually display is my tank puller

Same here, only display the main character. If I see the others move, it's working. If not, and issuing the command again doesn't solve the problem, I'll tab over.

Well, CWTN dragged me here…no judgment on the wife’s to the right!

Attachments

• 7024140B-3D1E-4F73-A4F6-AB70B3077E2C.jpeg
    7024140B-3D1E-4F73-A4F6-AB70B3077E2C.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 131
Im trying to find some help...just hooked up a second monitor thinking it would be easier to box...I run 3 Pc's now...but when I go to the 2nd monitor, it minimizes first monitor..I was kinda hoping for "2" PCs, if that makes sense.

One ultra wide monitor, decent keyboard, a computer to hook them up to. Oh, just got me a bekant which is pretty baller.

Im trying to find some help...just hooked up a second monitor thinking it would be easier to box...I run 3 Pc's now...but when I go to the 2nd monitor, it minimizes first monitor..I was kinda hoping for "2" PCs, if that makes sense.
I forget what setting it was but it was some weird shit by default in win10 doing this even when shutting off 1 monitor. Had to dig into the registry and fix it...was a virtual monitor or something whose default resolution was too small. I either changed the sizes or turned it off. Mine would resize everything on my screen every time I turned monitor off and back on. It's possible your virtual monitor B.S. is doing the same(I vaguely remember trying a second monitor and having similar issues but I just unhooked it and went back to 1 tower per screen and downsized all the secondary towers to low power workstation ones, they used to all be gaming towers of varying age)

Edit: this comment is likely not the culprit but it may be useful to someone.

Last edited:
Right click desktop and select display settings. Scroll down to multiple displays and use the drop down to select Extend these displays. Hopefully that is what you are after.

Right click desktop and select display settings. Scroll down to multiple displays and use the drop down to select Extend these displays. Hopefully that is what you are after.
If that's the case, and it's duplicated instead, it makes sense. But, when you extend you have to do one of two things: have 2 separate EQ installs so they can exist side by side(and I would recommend turning on switch on mousehover) or use a program like ISBoxer to make and use virtual separate eqclient.ini files.

If I can ever get my setup in 1 picture lol, you'd see that's how I have my twins only one 1 screen. Made one set up as I wanted, duplicated the EQ folder and installed a second launcher, renaming both to their charnames, and moved them to opposite halves of the same screen. To do this best I went into each eqclient.ini file and set the offsets and sizes so they were half and half width and full height. Screen realestate is a little at a premium doing it that way rather than each on its own, but it's the same thing as extending on a second, and 5 screens is all I have space for, this split screen mounted in the air as it is....I managed to do similar with their respective keyboards using mini laptop risers so I'm not resting on one to use another.

This thread is on the older side, but thought i'd share my setup. Since suffering from a broken back years ago due to a motorcycle accident, I have this set up because it allows me to take the pressure off my spine (it tilts to different degrees of recline) when I have to be in front of the computer for prolonged periods of time especially when I am working. (5) 27" Curved Monitors (for proper viewing angles), and heated pads along with vibration for the lower lumbar. It greatly helps me achieve computer things in my condition.
IMG_6205.JPG

IMG_6206.JPG

IMG_6207.JPG
IMG_6204.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is on the older side, but thought i'd share my setup. Since suffering from a broken back years ago due to a motorcycle accident, I have this set up because it allows me to take the pressure off my spine (it tilts to different degrees of recline) when I have to be in front of the computer for prolonged periods of time especially when I am working. (5) 27" Curved Monitors (for proper viewing angles), and heated pads along with vibration for the lower lumbar. It greatly helps me achieve computer things in my condition.
nice! (sorry to hear about the accident).

this setup is top tier

That is a sweet setup. I have an extremely bad and unfixable back so that looks like a dream setup. Is it DIY or did someone build it for you? If so, mind PMing me some info pls?

That is a sweet setup. I have an extremely bad and unfixable back so that looks like a dream setup. Is it DIY or did someone build it for you? If so, mind PMing me some info pls?
I had a company build it for me. I can send you a link to the company website. I'm sorry you have to suffer as well. It definitely helps if you have the funds to get it done. And if you do go for it, I will be happy to help with any info you need!

@Doc James sorry to hear about the accident...love it that you copied the matrix ship console basically...lol

matrix cinematography GIF

Doc, sorry to hear about your accident but that is a sweet setup! Could I also get a link that the company that built that for you?
Absolutely! Stand by

@Doc James sorry to hear about the accident...love it that you copied the matrix ship console basically...lol

matrix cinematography GIF
Yeah, I just don't have a screensaver to match. Or an invasive spine tap interface to connect anyone to the network. lol

Right side tower
Asus Z590 Maximus hero XIII
I9-10900KF
32gigs 4k mhz memory
2x 1tb nvme m.2 drives
EVGA 3090ti ftw3 ultra gaming
drives the 49" odyssey 49" at 5120x1440 240hz

Left Side Tower
old asus crosshair V Formula-z
amd fx 8350
32gigs ddr3 2133mhz memory
asus strix geforce rtx 3060
1x 120gig ssd boot drive
1x 1tb ssd Game drive
drives the top3 monitors 3x asus 24" 1920x1080

ok hopefully this fixed the prior image issues

Attachments

• IMG_20220826_111629.jpg
    IMG_20220826_111629.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • Towers.png
    Towers.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I need this in my life

View attachment 41401

View attachment 41402

View attachment 41403
View attachment 41400
everytime i come across this i'm just like "8==========D"

Discussion - Post your IRL Setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back