• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Rez

Plugin - MQ2Rez (2 Viewers)

So I'm having the same issue with Webroot and MQ2Rez has anyone found a fix for this yet? I know the MQ2Rez doesn't have malware in it I'm just trying to find a way to get past that so my MQ2Rez will work again.

So I'm having the same issue with Webroot and MQ2Rez has anyone found a fix for this yet? I know the MQ2Rez doesn't have malware in it I'm just trying to find a way to get past that so my MQ2Rez will work again.
there isn't a "fix" really, it is a false report.

you should whitelist your mq2 directory from your scanning if you don't want it to pick up the stuff inside.

I was doing some raids today on Test Dying in spectacular fashion as only 54 boxing can, and I noticed the 7 clerics and 2 Enchanters were not accepting their rez. I unloaded and reloaded mq2rez. Made sure rez accept was on, but just for these 9 toons I couldn't get it working at all.

9 toons out of 54 that didnt take a rez.

Other plugins didnt have an issue. SHM,WAR,BST,ZERK,ROG all accepting rez without any problems.
Likewise other toons running KA had no issues with rez.

So I'm not certain what it could be, and it was interesting it was only clr and enc. /boggle.

all my Clerics and Enc's are on the same pc.

Just to clarify..The plugin was casting rez and the toons had a rez box. But the cleric and enc toons would not accept rez.

Will reload everything tomorrow and see if it happens again.

Not sure if something has changed on test to cause this.

The class plugins don't accept rez. You need the MQ2Rez resource.

Someone added a delay, so you'll want to make sure the delay is adjusted to your liking, when implemented the default wait time was 5.1 seconds (5100).
Also make sure rez accept pct is to your liking, and that accepting of rezzes is on.

Yes I am using Mq2Rez. What I am saying is that from the 54 toons I have running Mq2Rez - the toons running MQ2Cleric and MQ2Enchanter seem to have some clash and wont accept the rez.
Im not sure if the issue lies with the Rez plugin - or something else. I have only seen the issue since the last patch on Test. Not happening on Live.

No issue I've encountered myself and this is the first mention that I've seen of an issue. I can't foresee a plugin that doesn't do anything with rez (except the cleric casting it) being the cause of it not accepting rez though.

Yes I am using Mq2Rez. What I am saying is that from the 54 toons I have running Mq2Rez - the toons running MQ2Cleric and MQ2Enchanter seem to have some clash and wont accept the rez.
Im not sure if the issue lies with the Rez plugin - or something else. I have only seen the issue since the last patch on Test. Not happening on Live.
as chat said, these plugins don't do anything with accepting rezzes. we don't look for a rez window, we don't click yes or no, we don't do anything with rez windows.

i would check your rez settings - and i'm going to move this thread to the mq2rez section.

this will show you what your rez settings are
/rez settings

you will want to ensure you have rez turned on, an acceptable rez %, and your rez delay something you're comfortable with - I use "1" and not "5100"

I have an issue where my rogue and enchanter will not take rezes, but my bard, warrior, cleric, etc will. What would cause specific characters to not like being rezed?

I have an issue where my rogue and enchanter will not take rezes, but my bard, warrior, cleric, etc will. What would cause specific characters to not like being rezed?
mq2rez isn't loaded
their rez is off
their % isn't set correctly
they are only accepting from guild/fellow/group/raid and those people casting aren't one of those members
or you have your delay set too high.

I personally don't care about a rez delay, so this is how i run my mq2rez settings

1637632484909.png

you might have something setting their rez to be off, like a bad kiss ini

mq2rez isn't loaded
their rez is off
their % isn't set correctly
they are only accepting from guild/fellow/group/raid and those people casting aren't one of those members
or you have your delay set too high.

I personally don't care about a rez delay, so this is how i run my mq2rez settings

View attachment 35143

you might have something setting their rez to be off, like a bad kiss ini

Didnt know about the controls in the Macroquest window for next. I set up MQrez but it apparently didnt stick on those two toons.

This is the discussion thread for MQ2Rez.

Information on the plugin, including commands can be found on the resource page:
That is awesome.

well you can make your rez % to be like 96 or 100, and it would still take calls

Hmm. I notice that if my Eskay dies, it doesn't auto accept Call. I have to click yes to the rez, then click respawn, and okay. Those extra seconds of clicking sometimes cost me a full group wipe.
Trying to set it up so it accepts the call and respawns as fast as possible.

1639997612773.png
Sounds like you have the Rez delay perhaps.

Give it a try to set /mqsettings choose plugins, then "Rez", followed by changing "Rez Delay" field to your preference. Default is something shenanigans like 5.1 seconds. (5100)

I used the old version of this plugin for many years, but now that I'm changing to MQNext, I've started to use this version of MQ2Rez.

Most plugins use a single INI for their settings, which is usually organized into sections. The only thing I didn't like about this version is that it creates a separate INI file for each character (server_character.ini). So, I modified this version to use one INI (MQ2Rez.ini), which, similar to the way the INI files were named, is organized into sections [server.character].

I'm posting this here incase other's want to use this version or Sic wants to move it to Git. Thank you for this great plugin.

EDIT: I initially posted an incorrect version, where I used [server_character] for section names; this corrected version uses [server.character] similar to section names used in other plugins.

Attachments

• MQ2Rez.cpp
    17.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Okay. I have my tank set to accept 0% rezes without delay so that, if needed, I can accept a Call in the middle of a fight and be back in business.
An unfortunate side effect: My tank is dead with a dozen mobs around, and my merc rezes me over and over. I just died like 10 times because I wasn't fast enough to click respawn b4 I accepted the rez.
Anyone think of a way around this?

The easy answer is to add a delay if desired that allows you the time to make a different selection.

With that said, "calls" are not considered when checking the exp percentage. So it should be safe to set it to whatever "normal" value you're willing to accept.

Finally, after the second time you got the rez you could have /rez accept off

I keep manually and text command setting my rez % to 90 and everyday i log on and its back at 96.. Im a little confused as to why it wont stay there. Is there a command to save the settings I am not seeing?

Plugin - MQ2Rez

Users who are viewing this thread

Back