• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (2 Viewers)

Just wanted to make a post here, using MQ2Nav has become very difficult when using Selo's Song of Travel since it has stopped updating the view angle with consideration to the Z Axis position of the nav path since the last update, toons constantly running into ceilings now. I use nav to maintain my camp positioning and stuff as well in my macro so cannot play in any underwater zones currently due to this.

Just wanted to make a post here, using MQ2Nav has become very difficult when using Selo's Song of Travel since it has stopped updating the view angle with consideration to the Z Axis position of the nav path since the last update, toons constantly running into ceilings now. I use nav to maintain my camp positioning and stuff as well in my macro so cannot play in any underwater zones currently due to this.
this has been mentioned by a few folks with both nav and follow, current workaround until a cause/solution is found, is to /removelev

I'm having issues using Nav through Frostcrypt with the doors. Mesh and doors are fine, rebuilt with objects and all that. When I use the Nav tools and issue the click command on say obj_frostdoor(98) it opens fine. Seems like when trying to nav it doesn't know to click the door when trying to move past it. Any ideas?

I'm having issues using Nav through Frostcrypt with the doors. Mesh and doors are fine, rebuilt with objects and all that. When I use the Nav tools and issue the click command on say obj_frostdoor(98) it opens fine. Seems like when trying to nav it doesn't know to click the door when trying to move past it. Any ideas?
you can make sure your nav options aren't set to ignore to ignore scripted doors (in case it is a scripted door)

1664040542910.png

or you might mess with your trigger distance, unfortunately this doesn't "save"

1664040551230.png

you can make sure your nav options aren't set to ignore to ignore scripted doors (in case it is a scripted door)

View attachment 42171

or you might mess with your trigger distance, unfortunately this doesn't "save"

View attachment 42172
Thanks Sic! It was the scripted doors checkbox! I completely overlooked that and I thought it surely wouldn't be that simple, had to be something I had done wrong. lol

I've been playing around with the /nav UI to try and find a way to add a door that I keep getting stuck on. What is the best way to accomplish this? None of the doors in the Fire area of Crystallos are opening and my guy just get's stuck there.

I moved your mqnav question to the mqnav thread

if you look up like 3 or 4 posts you'll see a similar question was answered

you can't "add a door"

you likely need to /nav ui then adjust the "ignore scripted doors"

1664384631638.png

Attachments

• 1664384603249.png
    1664384603249.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 6
I moved your mqnav question to the mqnav thread

if you look up like 3 or 4 posts you'll see a similar question was answered

you can't "add a door"

you likely need to /nav ui then adjust the "ignore scripted doors"

View attachment 42341
Man, I found this and did that but what I didn't change was the Stop Navigation and that seemed to fix it... strange.

is it possible to nav to an aura? I know you can nav to objects and pcs and spawn and whatnot, but havent been able to test to an aura. Or possibly even set up a dynamic loc if you cant do auras.

is it possible to nav to an aura? I know you can nav to objects and pcs and spawn and whatnot, but havent been able to test to an aura. Or possibly even set up a dynamic loc if you cant do auras.
auras are spawns, you can nave to spawns, yes. try it

what you're looking at is not a settings window. Its a debug tool that I use to fine tune the behavior of mq2nav. it isn't meant to save because you aren't meant to fuss with the trigger distance.

The giants fort in ToV EW could use some refining, it tries to pull through the all or bugs out if the giant is behind the fireplace. Phenomenal work overall though, thank you!

is there a way to make nav do:
1) Nav close to something but not exactly to it
2) avoid something like the plague, like a moving object

Having an issue with toons clumping up too close and getting toons who arrive first get stuck in a spot and cant move.

and

would like to make toons run away from something, like an aura they need to avoid.

Having an issue with toons clumping up too close and getting toons who arrive first get stuck in a spot and cant move.

and

would like to make toons run away from something, like an aura they need to avoid.
INI:
/nav spawn id ${Me.ID} |dist=10

and

you would need to make a piece of code that gets the objects location, and then make a math thing based on that and nav to the x y z positions you deem avoiding the object.

MQ2Nav dies ioen doors in new expax and also in old TOL zones as it is. just runs up against the door scripted and non scripted. any chance to take a peak when possible? thanks.

In MQ2Nav Tools under the Settings tab there is an option to "Attempt to get unstuck".

I'm wondering if there is an MQ2Nav.INI file option to set that option True on a permanent basis?

I did some searching but couldn't find the answer to my question. And the option really seems to help my puller when I remember to toggle it. :))

In NoS Shadow Haven, there are a couple nav challenges.

What is the best way to use the portal pads to navigate through zone? Is there a mesh edit that would train nav to use them?

Here are the commands I have used to Animist Khalan from the ingress point after using the Lost Turnip clicky:
/nav door id 5 click
/nav door id 3 click
/target Animist Khalan
/nav target
Also, looking for suggestions about the door to Deepshade, my hope is to have /travelto use the portal pads, go through door, and into Deepshade. The problem I have is that "/nav door id 1 click" doesn't find a route to the door, I assume because the door object is so large, the x,y,z coord for its center point is too high above the mesh to work. I have turned on scripted doors and used "/nav locyx" with some success but wondering if there is a better way.

Thanks!

Having some pretty bad crash issues on zoning unless MQ2Nav is unloaded on Emu's... Any idea's? Almost 100% recreate-able crash in EC. (Original EC)

In NoS Shadow Haven, there are a couple nav challenges.

What is the best way to use the portal pads to navigate through zone? Is there a mesh edit that would train nav to use them?

Here are the commands I have used to Animist Khalan from the ingress point after using the Lost Turnip clicky:
/nav door id 5 click
/nav door id 3 click
/target Animist Khalan
/nav target
Also, looking for suggestions about the door to Deepshade, my hope is to have /travelto use the portal pads, go through door, and into Deepshade. The problem I have is that "/nav door id 1 click" doesn't find a route to the door, I assume because the door object is so large, the x,y,z coord for its center point is too high above the mesh to work. I have turned on scripted doors and used "/nav locyx" with some success but wondering if there is a better way.

Thanks!
If I understood well, it might be better to not use "/target npcname" and "/nav target" for your case you might shall use "/nav spawn Animist Khalan"

I've used /nav help and checked on the wiki, so there probably isn't, but I figured I'd ask here anyhow. When I click on the map and it creates a red X and lights up the golden path, is there a command to navigate to the point?

I've used /nav help and checked on the wiki, so there probably isn't, but I figured I'd ask here anyhow. When I click on the map and it creates a red X and lights up the golden path, is there a command to navigate to the point?
some good info here

including
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click

not exactly what you where asking for but might help you

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back