• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (4 Viewers)

Some settings aren't intended to be savable.

What are you trying to save, specifically? It may or may not exist
I'm trying to save the Attempt to Get Unstuck Setting and the slider for how far away from doors it is when it attempts to open them. I feel like they used to save, maybe I'm mistaken though.

Wrong forum
Hi guys, quick question. I am in paludaltwo and using MQ2groundspawns to gather globes. My Rog keeps getting stuck on all of the terrain around the zone, I checked my mesh and I don't see these terrain items (stalactites/stalagmites the ones that point toward the ceiling) on there and the preferred path is going right over some of them and causing me to get stuck. Is there a way to make these appear on my mesh so they are avoided?
You can see an example them here on the map; is there a setting im not getting right in my mesh generator or do i need to suck it up?
1701203588839.png

Hi guys, quick question. I am in paludaltwo and using MQ2groundspawns to gather globes. My Rog keeps getting stuck on all of the terrain around the zone, I checked my mesh and I don't see these terrain items (stalactites/stalagmites the ones that point toward the ceiling) on there and the preferred path is going right over some of them and causing me to get stuck. Is there a way to make these appear on my mesh so they are avoided?
You can see an example them here on the map; is there a setting im not getting right in my mesh generator or do i need to suck it up?
View attachment 53645
i have a pretty edited one

lots of prefered paths because of the zone geometry

1701203969852.png

like here: where there's a giant ass rock in the way
1701204012089.png
or here: where's there's some BS dangling out a wall
1701204037487.png

Attachments

• paludaltwo.navmesh
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
I'm writing a Lua script that moves around with mq2nav, then fights with KA for a bit, then moves, etc. The issue that I'm having is that sometimes my fighting is pushing me off of the navmesh and so when I subsequently try to move it fails to go anywhere. My initial thought was that I would modify my Lua to detect that I'm off the mesh by seeing that mq.TLO.Navigation.PathLength returns < 0, and in this case attempt to get back onto the mesh using some janky attempt to press forward arrow in various directions until I'm back on the mesh. Not optimal, but at least it has some chance of getting me unstuck so that my Lua isn't just hung forever.

But then I started thinking that it would be way cooler for mq2nav to do this automatically and probably much easier since it would already know some things about the mesh, and likely be able to easily calculate what direction is the shortest distance back to the mesh, etc. This would also be a more useful solution for anyone else that's ever off the mesh and trying to /nav.

So my question is: Is there some reason that mq2nav would not want to be upgraded to gracefully handle an "off the mesh" starting location? Or alternately be modified to add a new /nav command that attempts to accomplish the goal of getting back onto the mesh? Something like "/nav get_me_back_on_the_damn_mesh" (but not exactly that). The former being more seamless, with the latter being less automatic but simultaneously less intrusive to the existing functionality.

I see that this plugin is in github so I'm assuming that I'd be free to experiment with such functionality and then, assuming I think my changes are solid, issue a merge request? Please let me know if this would be stepping out of bounds. Or if anyone already familiar with the code loves this idea and wants to run with it then that would be outstanding.

Thanks.

Question: Attempt To Get Unstuck

Is there any way that this option can be always on?

each time i zone or relog and log back on this option turns its self onn. i looked in the ini setting didnt see anything related to this. Thanks

Issue I'm experiencing with using either the built in Come to Me button or utilizing /travelto group command -- or it might just be an EverQuest problem.

For instance, in Plane of Knowledge if my driver is at an area that is lower in the Z axis, and my box clients are mounted and levitated, and I use either 'Come to Me' or the travelto group command, all executes as expected. But, the box characters with levitation and mounted don't actually descend in the Z Axis (I see they look down, but maybe not looking down enough?) - so they get caught on ceilings or archways.

Hey there folks. I'm running macroquest2 on an emu server and I've noticed a few times now that mq2nav is failing to load the mesh due to being out of memory. Is this a known issue? I seem to be able to get it to work again by restarting EQ.

Hey there folks. I'm running macroquest2 on an emu server and I've noticed a few times now that mq2nav is failing to load the mesh due to being out of memory. Is this a known issue? I seem to be able to get it to work again by restarting EQ.
macroquest2 is "legacy" and completely unsupported.

If you mean "MacroQuest" - colloquially referred to as "Next" then that is supported.

(the distinction likely sounds pedantic, but it is important i promise :p)

unfortunately, emu is 32 bit either way - and there is a "4gig patch" for the eqclient that can *help* with that memory issue > here <

When adjusting the Nav setting for "Attempt to get unstuck", I can check the box. But then if I zone, or relog, I have to recheck this box. I can't seem to find the setting in a config file to where I can permanently adjust?

MQNav_Unstuck.jpg

Wrong forum
Hi all.
Running Very Vanilla and having some issues with character following, or un-following more specifically. The MQ2Nav Tools setting: Break Behavior->Stop Navigation is selected, but /fol will not disengage on any movement key. /nav stop does nothing, states no path is active, while /fol does successfully toggle it off and on. I'd much prefer to not have to hit a separate keybind to regain control of the toon when I manually move it. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

"/fol" (when intercepted) isn't mq2nav, unfortunately, it is mq2advpath.

you should consider doing an /afollow intercept

Anyone able to generate a reasonable navmesh for anniversary tower? I was able to get it to load by adding Anniversary Tower=anniversarytower to resources/Zones.ini, but I haven't been able to generate a mesh or add walkable volumes to the 1st set of stairs.

-edit-

Nevermind. Spent some more time playing around with it and it worked wonderfully after changing Tile Size

Anyone able to generate a reasonable navmesh for anniversary tower? I was able to get it to load by adding Anniversary Tower=anniversarytower to resources/Zones.ini, but I haven't been able to generate a mesh or add walkable volumes to the 1st set of stairs.

-edit-

Nevermind. Spent some more time playing around with it and it worked wonderfully after changing Tile Size
What tile size did you use?

Has anyone else lost the yellow nav path line? Nav still works, but I can't seem to get the line to show, also Render Mesh is not showing.
The nav line is a known issue, but brainiac wanted to get the compile out. Not sure about the mesh not showing. I think I saw that earlier, but it was the anniversary tower mesh so I figured I screwed something up.

Upon going to Tides of Time, the Anniversary zone, I quickly discovered there is no way I am navigating this circle multiple times this year.

Here are the waypoints if you want to add to MQ2Nav.ini assuming no one has posted these elsewhere.

INI:
[anniversarytower]
Ground Floor=-38.724 -66.1955 -18.4705
Top Floor=-2.01332 37.7377 633.338
Door 1=18.7129 32.6101 30.0508
Door 2=-43.6624 -0.651869 78.3332
Door 3=19.0162 -40.5184 126.538
Door 4=20.9462 36.5878 174.699
Door 5=-43.9169 0.348284 222.978
Door 6=18.9339 -38.0503 271.181   
Door 7=21.4745 36.273 319.343
Door 8=-42.7176 -1.00715 367.828
Door 9=16.389 -35.6474 416.032
Door 10=21.4023 34.293 464.194
Door 11=-44.8291 -0.0864029 512.42

Is there any good way to pull info from EQ back to say the navmesh generator tool to ring out trees and stuff in LS that do not show up in the meshgenerator tool?
Previously I would get a /loc and trial and error it in game but with the DX11 patch and in game rendering turned off for now its not easy.

Still trying to figure out my travel connections issues with easyfind, I noticed this in my MQ2NAV folder. I see almost everything is type NAVMESH file, except for all the Laurion's Inn connections say JSON Source File? I was hoping that was an easy fix, to change the file type from JSON to NAVM - but that did not seem to make a difference.

I've deleted and downloaded all the mesh's fresh again today, but I still can't travel to any zone connection in Laurion's Inn.

so, anyone explain why all the other files are .navemesh vs L-Inn are JSON and does it matter and or what's the correct way to convert them?

all this is well beyond my understanding just spit balling here.

thanks, in advance.

1706458259185.png

Still trying to figure out my travel connections issues with easyfind, I noticed this in my MQ2NAV folder. I see almost everything is type NAVMESH file, except for all the Laurion's Inn connections say JSON Source File? I was hoping that was an easy fix, to change the file type from JSON to NAVM - but that did not seem to make a difference.

I've deleted and downloaded all the mesh's fresh again today, but I still can't travel to any zone connection in Laurion's Inn.

so, anyone explain why all the other files are .navemesh vs L-Inn are JSON and does it matter and or what's the correct way to convert them?

thanks, in advance.

View attachment 56812
what folder/path are you looking in?

thanks, in advance.

View attachment 56812

because the json files are dumps of zone doors. necessary to build a mesh, but not to use the mesh.

you certainly don't want to be going around renaming files.

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back