• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (2 Viewers)

Weird problem, only on Everquest it seems. I have areas of screen where I cannot push hot buttons or anything.
I tried many mentions solutions online and all I got was the dead areas went from being on the rigth side of screen to now being on the left!
Sometimes a grid pattern appears all over the landscape.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

Weird problem, only on Everquest it seems. I have areas of screen where I cannot push hot buttons or anything.
I tried many mentions solutions online and all I got was the dead areas went from being on the rigth side of screen to now being on the left!
Sometimes a grid pattern appears all over the landscape.
Any ideas would be appreciated!
howdy @MamaBear

easy fix

/plugin mq2nav unload
/plugin mq2nav load

it is an imgui bug with mq2nav

Thank you I will try that tomorrow! I checked to see if anyone else had put similar up but here it is thank you for moving my question here!
I have the same problem on all three accounts screens I hope it does not persist I love Nav!

I just loaded very vanilla mq2 and I'm trying to set up my UI. I've noticed a dead spot that has something invisible or something I can click into or through. I noticed it initially with my merc window and now my MQ2 box is stuck. Any advice on how to fix it?

A screenshot of what I think the bounds are for the dead spot are attached.

BoThunder has some geometry inside these boxes. The mesh doesn't build inside them. Any way to change that?

View attachment 29086

I do have the same issue and been trying to play around with various settings and by placing walkable areas inside there to no avail.
Any input on how to get the meshgenerator to generate meshes inside these boxes would be greatly appreciated.

I've been ignoring this for the most part but now that I have something running smooth id like to fix it,,(has this ever happened to anyone? if so how do you fix?)
The entire left middle side of my screen has somethign wrong with it. When I mouseover it switches from EQ cursor to Windows Cursor and when it switches to windows cursor I cannot click anything in EQ until I find the spot where the EQ Cursor comes back into action . It is extremely inconvenient because I cannot Click anyhting on nearly half of my screen.
I have unloaded and reloaded a cpl of time in attempts to rid the issue, but no luck.

Having issues clicking into bags and picking up items, while MQ2 is loaded. once mq2 is unloaded no issue
anyone else havong this issue
didnt start having issue till after a forced windows update

it could be a bug from mq2nav, where its setting window ghosts itself ontop of your window so try this

/plugin mq2nav unload
and then
/plugin mq2nav load
to get it started again.

let me know if that fixed it :D

So in Plane of Knowledge there's hundreds of zone locations of Innothule that's causing zone times of upwards of 5 minutes or just freezes the game entirely trying to load them all. At first I thought it was mq2maps causing it but it looks like it might be mq2nav. It's not Everquest because when i unload mq2nav it zones fine and the locations go away.

To my knowledge this hasn’t affected me but curious if there are plans to fix it in current MQ?
I got super confused because I think of "current MQ" as "mqnext" and you're thinking of "current MQ" as MQ2. :D No, no plans to fix it in the old version of MQ. brainiac's imgui implementation in next and the addition of all the tools that were added are the reason things are easier to fix on that side than the legacy side.

Is there a way to fix it without unloading the plugin? I use easyfind alot so I'd rather not get rid of it lol. For some reason it's just PoK that's doing it. Problem is for the server I'm on it's the central hub to get around anywhere so it's difficult to avoid it.

Last edited:
Is there a way to load a nav mesh by name? For instance, Bastion of Thunder can roughly be split into an "upper" mesh with the Towers mapped and a "lower" mesh with the first floor and stormrider area mapped.

Stupid question time...

Trying to get MQNext up and going. Where the hell do the nav meshes go? I'm installed in %appdata%/local/VeryVanilla/Live/MQNext. I would assume it would be a subfolder called MQ2Nav just like with MQ2, but my meshes aren't loading. Help please :-)

I have a problem, my MQ2Nav Tool, Ui window disappeared... I think a few patch back. I tried unload, load, /nav ui... seems is not functioning. I was thinking probably will fix on the next patch on very vanilla... end up a few patches passed... but still not showing. Is the only problem for me? or is it going to get fix?

P.S. Just want to be honest. I didn't read too much on previous discussion post.

I have a problem, my MQ2Nav Tool, Ui window disappeared... I think a few patch back. I tried unload, load, /nav ui... seems is not functioning. I was thinking probably will fix on the next patch on very vanilla... end up a few patches passed... but still not showing. Is the only problem for me? or is it going to get fix?

P.S. Just want to be honest. I didn't read too much on previous discussion post.
its a current MacroQuest2 bug - you will need to /plugin mq2nav unload then /plugin mq2nav load and then you can /nav ui to show the window.

it has been fixed for the MQNext version of MacroQuest

tl;dr - you need to unload/reload mq2nav

Window working great with MQNext, Is there a way to get the settings to save? I have to click check boxes each time I log in.

fixed with
/nav ini AttemptUnstuck on

Last edited:
Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back