• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (2 Viewers)

mq2nav is pluged in but no nav window and no nav window when i use /nav ui. mq2easyfind is not working when i use find window and click on a zone it only shows the red x on map no navigation not sure if because of mq2nav not working
if your nav ui window isn't opening, you need to unload mq2nav and then reload it

/plugin mq2nav unload
/plugin mq2nav load

you can reload your mesh by doing a /nav reload

if mq2nav isn't loaded, or you don't have a mesh, you won't be able to do naviagtion stuff

Anyone else have a problem with a dead area of the screen? In the top left part of my screen, I can move my mouse over my pet window,and it won't allow me to click there at all. In fact, the EQ cursor turns into a regular windows cursor. Only does it when I have MQ2 running... so almost always. If I move the same window away from the area, I can click just fine.

It might just be a hidden window in that area that makes it appear dead. I believe that it was the task window for quests that usually gets put there and it is by default set to transparent.

It might just be a hidden window in that area that makes it appear dead. I believe that it was the task window for quests that usually gets put there and it is by default set to transparent.
no, this is very much definitely the mq2nav issue with macroquest2 (i say that because it is fixed in the macroquest next version) there are many posts in this thread where people post that exact issue, where we all post the same response about reloading mq2nav. it has to do with the way that the mq2nav ui window loads in macroquest2, and it can/will "ghost" out and be invisible on the screen where you can't click behind it.

Are there commands for /nav <guild banner> or /nav <campfire> ? I cannot seem to get /nav loc X Y Z ever to work as it tells me it's an invalid location every time I use it.

For reference: Running KA adn class apps with Next

Are there commands for /nav <guild banner> or /nav <campfire> ? I cannot seem to get /nav loc X Y Z ever to work as it tells me it's an invalid location every time I use it.

For reference: Running KA adn class apps with Next
well you can /nav spawn campfire, so you can probably do the same with the flag

/nav spawn "Guild Banner" works for me (quotes were required, though)
yeah quotes would be required if you were passing more than 1 word - the same would be the case if you tried just the word fellowship. it is because it would end up trying to navigate to the closest guild member or fellowship member, but using quotes says specifically look for "cool guy of awesomeness" and not just the first thing that hits with cool

yeah quotes would be required if you were passing more than 1 word - the same would be the case if you tried just the word fellowship. it is because it would end up trying to navigate to the closest guild member or fellowship member, but using quotes says specifically look for "cool guy of awesomeness" and not just the first thing that hits with cool

Do these work if there's more than 1 campfire or guildbanner up? I havent had a chance to test it yet.

Do these work if there's more than 1 campfire or guildbanner up? I havent had a chance to test it yet.
if you don't specify which one - then it would try to go to the first match.

like roun mentioned you can add more specificity using the quoties

I am having an issue with /nav , it is not clicking the doors. I checked the nav tools and this is what I found. Most if not all the doors are red. How do I fix this?

Last edited:
Has anyone built a mesh for ssra temple tubes? I can get my toons down the tubes, but getting them back up has been challenging.

Going down, you just put a connection from up top to the bottom and it's fine.

Going up, they will go in but then just bounce up and down a bit, nothing more. If i change their autosize to 20 or so, they will go up, but obv 20 is huge and can't enter the tubes with them that size (I dont know if this is relevant, just trying to give as much info as possible).

I'm new to building meshes so perhaps there are some tricks I don't know. I have also watched Chat's video but could have likely missed things, but anything I try hasn't worked just yet. Also searched this site but didn't find anything.

Things I've tried:
Use multiple connection points within the tube to jump back and forth (side to side to work their way up, I don't know if that's how connections are supposed to work)
Add walkable and water areas to either side of the tube - then add the back and forth connections

Thanks!

I'm attempting to upgrade to Next and have an issue / question.

In the past when I used the Find Window, and selected a Zone Connection, mq2nav would happily run me over and zone me out. Since I switched to Next, when I select a zone connection I just get that annoying wavy light path and have to run over myself (default EQ behavior). Other nav still works like /nav target.

Is there as setting or something I need to enable to be able to run to zone lines automatically?

So I've discovered and interesting thing with with MQ2Nav. If you're using a wrapper to make the game actually use the GPU, and not run so terribly on modern computers, such as DXVK. MQ2Nav *DOES NOT* work, it will not even launch properly, and just causes all sorts of issues. Since with a RX 6800 XT, it has almost no load on it when playing EQ normally, but with the DirectX to Vulkan wrapper, it actually uses the GPU, and makes the game run like butter in all the zones, no matter how many people there are around.

Does anyone know of any way to try to get MQ2Nav to work with the wrapper?

So I've discovered and interesting thing with with MQ2Nav. If you're using a wrapper to make the game actually use the GPU, and not run so terribly on modern computers, such as DXVK. MQ2Nav *DOES NOT* work, it will not even launch properly, and just causes all sorts of issues. Since with a RX 6800 XT, it has almost no load on it when playing EQ normally, but with the DirectX to Vulkan wrapper, it actually uses the GPU, and makes the game run like butter in all the zones, no matter how many people there are around.

would be a @brainiac kinda question

We talking about MQ2 here, or MQnext? Because I'm no longer supporting MQ2, This plugin has received a complete graphical overhaul in MQnext

Oh, huh, ok. I'm just talking about what's included in "Very Vanilla" so... I think that's just MQ2, well, that might be a factor here then, lol.

Oh, huh, ok. I'm just talking about what's included in "Very Vanilla" so... I think that's just MQ2, well, that might be a factor here then, lol.
yeah there is currently MacroQuest2 "Legacy" and MacroQuest "Next" - the next is the next major revision of macroquest. soon, the "VV" version will be "Next"

Brain was trying to ascertain if your question was about mq2nav on next or on legacy, as next has had an overhaul, and mq2 "legacy" mq2nav would not be receiving any updates

yeah there is currently MacroQuest2 "Legacy" and MacroQuest "Next" - the next is the next major revision of macroquest. soon, the "VV" version will be "Next"

Brain was trying to ascertain if your question was about mq2nav on next or on legacy, as next has had an overhaul, and mq2 "legacy" mq2nav would not be receiving any updates

I realize that, I was just meaning, that might be the problem is that I'm just running a depreciated version of the plugin, which is what I meant there, not that MQ2 was directly the problem.

Lately I'm having a lot of trouble with drop down boxes in parts of my screen....you can't use the cursor to select items or buttons...also mouse looks won't work until I move the box to a different area then it works...I think this was an issue a long time ago...but its cropped up now.....any help will be appreciated

Lately I'm having a lot of trouble with drop down boxes in parts of my screen....you can't use the cursor to select items or buttons...also mouse looks won't work until I move the box to a different area then it works...I think this was an issue a long time ago...but its cropped up now.....any help will be appreciated
you appear to still be running mq2 "legacy" which is probably related to the mq2nav bug where the nav ui window is actually covering you screen invisibly.

you can /plugin mq2nav unload then /plugin mq2nav load

I would strongly recommend moving over to MacroQuest "Next" as that is no longer a bug there.

So, I am now running MQNext, and MQ2Nav seems to work now with the DXVK DirectX to Vulkan wrapper. So thanks for the help and the tip on that. This is all new territory to me, lol.

So, I am now running MQNext, and MQ2Nav seems to work now with the DXVK DirectX to Vulkan wrapper. So thanks for the help and the tip on that. This is all new territory to me, lol.

glad to hear it. i brought the overlay tech from mq2nav to mqnext and its gone through some heavy iteration and refinement, so my hope was that it would just work

Does anyone know why MQ2Nav does not work in Hollowshade More? The find path is working but auto-navigating through the zone does not.
Any ideas why?

When I type /nav ui nothing shows up. I have the plug-in loaded but cannot seem to get the nav up window to show up. I checked and it is not hidden behind any of my other windows. Suggestions?

When I type /nav ui nothing shows up. I have the plug-in loaded but cannot seem to get the nav up window to show up. I checked and it is not hidden behind any of my other windows. Suggestions?
/nav ui is for mq2nav, and you are still on "legacy" mq2 - you probably need to unload mq2nav /plugin mq2nav unload and then reload it /plugin mq2nav load

Ok… when I doe /plugin mq2nav unload it says Plugin mq2nav not found. then when I do /plugin mq2nav load is says plugin mq2nav was already loaded. When I do /plugin list mq2nav is not on the list.
ok, then sounds like you might have an issue with your mq2nav entirely

Need to check if windows added something to your compat layer?
Check these locations in your registry for anything eq/mq2 related and delete.
INI:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and obligatory "you should consider swapping over to MQ "Next".

ok, then sounds like you might have an issue with your mq2nav entirely

Need to check if windows added something to your compat layer?
Check these locations in your registry for anything eq/mq2 related and delete.
INI:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and obligatory "you should consider swapping over to MQ "Next".

Perfect! There was a line in my registry so I deleted it and was able to reload mq2nav and the /nav ui is now showing.
looking to migrate to “Next” soon.

auto find has many gitchs 2 examples are crytal caverns in ew srops on top of mound for caverns and will not let you move and second is western wastes thru colbat scar will not hop out of water and will not let you move. need to know a way to disable it so can manually manuver around glitch.

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back