• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Melee

Plugin - MQ2Melee (1 Viewer)

using it in a bct to a channel causes a crash but bcting straight to my character doesnt cause a crash with /stick moveback 100%

This is interesting.

Can you please give a full example of the exact commands you are typing into the chat window please.

The case that causes crashes, and that works when interacting with a character. Obviously, if character names are involved, please replace it with some other name.

Ok, catching up here.

From your words, multiple characters on the computer work but one specific character, the warrior, is having trouble.
From this infer that the general health of the install is all good, and its config related for the single character as suspect.

Think the safe approach is to weed out change, and get to default for the warrior.

Basic steps to achieve that are as follows:-

#1 if you are ingame already on the warrior, start with this to remove the plugin from memory:​
/plugin mq2melee unload
#2 Now go to your VV directory in windows file explorer, ( VeryVanilla\Live\Release )​
#3 You will see a collection of "ini" files, they have name convention of "server"_"character".ini.​
Open the ini file for your warrior, in text editor such as "notepad"​
#4 scroll down the ini file, and you should find a section that looks like​
The values for you may be different, and so may the ordering. For me, the Melee stuff, was the last entry in the file and came after Rez, Twist and Log. We are only interested in the melee.​
#5 Remove all the Melee stuff from the file. From the above image, delete the [] tag, all the way down to the version property. Some 18 lines.​
if you want to save them elsewhere, a fresh notepad, feel free. But the important thing is the melee section is deleted from that file.​
#6 Save the ini file, now the melee configuration has been removed.​
#7 Back to the game, and reload the plugin.​
#8 finally, report back to us what happens in game, in the MQ2 window when you enter the command​

Regards and Best Wishes
That did it, thank you very much!

This is interesting.

Can you please give a full example of the exact commands you are typing into the chat window please.

The case that causes crashes, and that works when interacting with a character. Obviously, if character names are involved, please replace it with some other name.
/multiline ; /bct meleechannel //stick 100% moveback ;bct tankchannel //stick 8 front = crash
/bct channelformymelee //stick 100% moveback = crash
/bct charactername //stick 100% move back = no crash

the first one is in a social macro and the 2nd one is not.

Hey guys

I have been fine tuning my Ranger for melee vs bow on the KA and EQ2melee but i have run into a problem. See below:

• stormblades=0|1 0=OFF/1=ON
    Will use Storm of Blades/Focused Storm of Blades/Focused Squall of Blades disc if endurance above this %
Whenever i have 2 mobs in camp the ranger uses Blizzard of the Blades which is an AE attack. So i went into eq2melee and turned the above off. So ingame i typed.... /melee stormblades=0 and then /melee save.
Currently i still have the ranger use the above skill and i can not find it anywhere on what else could be causing this. In my KA ini, i do not even have the skill listed for DPS, so that is covered. Please let me know, i would like to be able to mez things and such lol

Thanks!

Hey guys

I have been fine tuning my Ranger for melee vs bow on the KA and EQ2melee but i have run into a problem. See below:

• stormblades=0|1 0=OFF/1=ON
    Will use Storm of Blades/Focused Storm of Blades/Focused Squall of Blades disc if endurance above this %
Whenever i have 2 mobs in camp the ranger uses Blizzard of the Blades which is an AE attack. So i went into eq2melee and turned the above off. So ingame i typed.... /melee stormblades=0 and then /melee save.
Currently i still have the ranger use the above skill and i can not find it anywhere on what else could be causing this. In my KA ini, i do not even have the skill listed for DPS, so that is covered. Please let me know, i would like to be able to mez things and such lol

Thanks!
mq2melee was poorly maintained over the years and has a bunch of stuff mixed/matched with ae versions of stuff where single versions should be etc - and also usage of certain things is less than ideal - unless you have a specific reason for using mq2melee, i would suggest updating your kiss ini to usemq2melee=0 and turn mq2melee off entirely.

i believe it might be using your blizzard of the blades in the same check for jolts

C++:
 // jolting times!
    if ((doJLTKICKS || doJOLT || doSTORMBLADES) && !doAGGRO && SwingHits > doJOLT)
    {
        long MyEndu = GetCharInfo2()->Endurance * 100 / GetMaxEndurance();
        if (idJOLT.Ready(ifJOLT))
        {
            idJOLT.Press();
            SwingHits = 1;
        }
        if (idJLTKICKS.Ready(ifJLTKICKS) && (MyEndu > doJLTKICKS))
        {
            idJLTKICKS.Press();
            SwingHits = 1;
        }
        if (idSTORMBLADES.Ready(ifSTORMBLADES) && (MyEndu > doSTORMBLADES))
        {
            idSTORMBLADES.Press();
            SwingHits = 1;
        }

}

mq2melee was poorly maintained over the years and has a bunch of stuff mixed/matched with ae versions of stuff where single versions should be etc - and also usage of certain things is less than ideal - unless you have a specific reason for using mq2melee, i would suggest updating your kiss ini to usemq2melee=0 and turn mq2melee off entirely.

i believe it might be using your blizzard of the blades in the same check for jolts

C++:
// jolting times!
    if ((doJLTKICKS || doJOLT || doSTORMBLADES) && !doAGGRO && SwingHits > doJOLT)
    {
        long MyEndu = GetCharInfo2()->Endurance * 100 / GetMaxEndurance();
        if (idJOLT.Ready(ifJOLT))
        {
            idJOLT.Press();
            SwingHits = 1;
        }
        if (idJLTKICKS.Ready(ifJLTKICKS) && (MyEndu > doJLTKICKS))
        {
            idJLTKICKS.Press();
            SwingHits = 1;
        }
        if (idSTORMBLADES.Ready(ifSTORMBLADES) && (MyEndu > doSTORMBLADES))
        {
            idSTORMBLADES.Press();
            SwingHits = 1;
        }

}

I had a feeling that the check was used for multiple DPS items. THis maybe a noob question, but will KA work without the MQ2melee? And how would i go about doing all of this?

Thank you again for your help!

So it looks like I got everything working right! The only concern is that I might have missed something mq2melee was doing that i dont currently have in my ini. I will have to test it out, but so far they are doing better and more dps with MQ2melee off. lol

Also i just did /melee off on my toons. Do i also need to unload the plugin? and if so how would i unload it already ingame and for it not to load each time i log in?

I have auto-duck off in EQ options. And when I run into things or strafe into them it works and I don't duck. However, when MQ2melee is moving me around a mob it often does duck and sometimes just leaves me that way so I cant attack. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

I have auto-duck off in EQ options. And when I run into things or strafe into them it works and I don't duck. However, when MQ2melee is moving me around a mob it often does duck and sometimes just leaves me that way so I cant attack. Is there a way to stop this from happening?
mq2moveutils will do a /stand when it goes to stick on a mob, but i'm not sure of something that is going to make you duck in mq2melee or mq2moveutils

Gentlemen, ladies, I believe I have found a bug with the Stick on MQ2Melee when used with MA's "UseMQ2Melee=1" command. This may bee a bug with MA instead, so I'll post this there as well just in case. If I try to use MA's stick function (with MQ2Melee enabled) my character will run to where the mob is currently standing instead of sticking to the mob itself. For example, when pulling a mob from a distance and I have "StickHow= Front 80%" in MA, my character will run to the mob, the mob will pass by, then my character will stand there for a two seconds and finally turn around to face the mob and begin attacking. I have tried turning MQ2Melee's stick feature off entirely using "StickMode=2" and deleting any "StickCMD=" line from the ini, but this behavior continues as long as I have MQ2Melee enabled with MA.

I have, however, found a work-around. If I simply set all my preferred options in MQ2Melee and load the plugin after MA has started I have zero problems at all and I can continue to use MQ2Melee's superior DPS and Taunt functionality.

So seems like there is an issue after the new expansion.
On warrior:
The plugin is cast "Paragon Champion" but the new expansion offer "Full Moon's Champion"
It also keep casting "Courageous Defense" instead of "Primal Defense"

Update
Quick fix:
So it seems like setting "defense=0" in the ini file fixed defense Disc and then adding:
holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Primal Defense]}) /doability "Primal Defense"

Last edited:
So seems like there is an issue after the new expansion.
On warrior:
The plugin is cast "Paragon Champion" but the new expansion offer "Full Moon's Champion"
It also keep casting "Courageous Defense" instead of "Primal Defense"

Update
Quick fix:
So it seems like setting "defense=0" in the ini file fixed defense Disc and then adding:
holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Primal Defense]}) /doability "Primal Defense"
yup increasingly year over year mq2melee is tough to keep updated.

years ago abilities that should have been split off into other things were not, so you have some "lines" in mq2melee that depending on your level are AoE or ST etc.

it is tough to keep updated without changing behavior for this reason - but yeah, mq2melee would need to have the new abilities added to use them

Thanks for the post Blasty.

The plugin hasn't maintenance for several months.

This means its details internally about disciplines etc, haven't been updated for the new Luclin expansion.

I have had a look at Lucy and Allakhazam, they havent got the new spell information yet.

However, all is not lost as, raidloot does!

I can see the Primal Defense are IDs 62060 ( 62061 & 62062 for ranks II & III ).

It will take a bit of time to go over the abilities that Melee does for various classes, and see what has been added in ToL as upgrades to the ToV/CoV stuff.

I will look to getting that done in the coming days.

I have had a look at Lucy and Allakhazam, they havent got the new spell information yet.

However, all is not lost as, raidloot does!

I can see the Primal Defense are IDs 62060 ( 62061 & 62062 for ranks II & III ).

It will take a bit of time to go over the abilities that Melee does for various classes, and see what has been added in ToL as upgrades to the ToV/CoV stuff.

I will look to getting that done in the coming days.
again just be warned, i specifically didn't add some cov stuff because it would change some expected behavior from st to aoe without any warning or info to the user, and unfortunately without re-doing a few things, there isn't a one-solution-fits-all

but the basics like you mention are fine

again just be warned, i specifically didn't add some cov stuff because it would change some expected behavior from st to aoe without any warning or info to the user

Good shout.

I will plan as -
- a read of what abilities are in the plugin.
- compare its ToV/CoV detail, against the ToL detail on raidloot.

If they are an upgrade of numbers, and narrative reads alike, then look to add it to plugin.
e.g.
Courageous Defense​
5: Increase AC by 526 (Raw=7015)​
A defensive skill ability which increases the warrior's armor class by 7015 for 72 seconds.​
Primal Defense​
5: Increase AC by 667 (Raw=8894)​
A defensive skill ability which increases the warrior's armor class by 8894 for 72 seconds.​

My beastlord will automatically kick, and slam if turned on. If i turn those off and try turning any of the punches (Dragon Punch, Tigerclaw, Eaglestrike) or (Round Kick) on, the macro wont activate those skills. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I Use eqnext and listed below is my ini. info for mq2melee:

[MQ2Melee]
dragonpunch=1
eaglestrike=0
enrage=0
facing=1
feigndeath=30
infuriate=0
kick=0
melee=1
petassist=0
petengagehps=98
petrange=75
plugin=1
resume=75
roundkick=1
slam=0
stickbreak=1
stickrange=30
strikemode=1
tigerclaw=0
version=8.802

ToL update

The code changes for the new discs and spells introduced in the ToL expansion were coded and made available for merge into the MQ Next code base.
I noticed they were merged a few days ago, and we have been waiting for the next build (no pun intended). With the DBG pushing a client update (overseer patch) today, I thnk that means a new MQ Next will be available and should carry these ToL melee updates.

Important piece to remember. The data for the classes new stuff came from the raidloot website December 23rd.
If information was added after that date, it isn't included in this change but can be revisted as necessary.

If you are running a level 116 - 120 character, and have a new disc or spell yet find it not used, perhaps using a ToV / CoV instead then shout out and it can be investigated.
Keep in mind that some plugins and scripts don't use mq2melee, so please check your setup is using mq2melee.

These classes have been impacted by the ToL update: Ber, Bst, Mnk, Pal, Rng, Rog, Shd & War.

Regards and Best Wishes

Today I did the Update, then loaded up everything and it looks great . Until I went too do a /plugin MQ2Melee /unload . For some reason it wont unload .

Just says Basically its loaded . I generally run my alts with MQ but I like too operate my Main and still keep the Maps. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe it's just me
and there is no hope for that.

Today I did the Update, then loaded up everything and it looks great . Until I went too do a /plugin MQ2Melee /unload . For some reason it wont unload .

Just says Basically its loaded . I generally run my alts with MQ but I like too operate my Main and still keep the Maps. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe it's just me
and there is no hope for that.
It is /plugin mq2melee unload
not /unload

Where is the MQ2Melee .ini located for Next? Isn't it MacroQuest2 Next > Config?

I have a bard that I use mq2melee on, and it got corrupted somehow. Things stopped working and when I typed /melee it only gave me the version, with a lot of "..=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=".

So I unloaded MQ2Melee, deleted the .ini, and reloaded. Now typing /melee gives me what I would expect in game, but when I go to the directory there is no .ini where I expected it.

Where is the MQ2Melee .ini located for Next? Isn't it MacroQuest2 Next > Config?

I have a bard that I use mq2melee on, and it got corrupted somehow. Things stopped working and when I typed /melee it only gave me the version, with a lot of "..=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=".

So I unloaded MQ2Melee, deleted the .ini, and reloaded. Now typing /melee gives me what I would expect in game, but when I go to the directory there is no .ini where I expected it.
your server_toonname.ini goes in your config folder.

do a /melee load then /melee save you should see that file in your config folder.

Redbot updated MQ2Melee with a new update entry:

ToL update - multiple class, disc and spell ids added for ToL expansion

Introduced the ToL expansion details for a range of disc and spell IDs.
These were found via raidloot website.
A check of the existing IDs already coded, to find their like for like upgrades.
Benefiting classes are: Ber, Bst, Mnk, Pal, Rng, Rog, Shd & War
No code changes made beyond introducing the IDs of ranks I, II and III and adding them to the appropriate lookup tables, and the myriad of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Plugin - MQ2Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back