• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Melee

Plugin - MQ2Melee (1 Viewer) 2021-04-02

Many_Whelps

WoW was the first MMO
RedCents
5,693¢
Hi all,

New here. I'm trying to add some commands to my mq2melee.ini that aren't in the default list.
I'm a Rogue, and there is a default option to activate Pinpoint Deficiencies.
But there is no default setting to activate the Naive Mark disc, for example.
How can I set up these kinds of commands for discs/aas that aren't in the preset list?
Also, is there a way to auto-activate items, like my BP or Epic?

Thanks,
you'll want to dive into creating holyshits and downshits for your specific situation

RedCents
819¢
Hi all,

New here. I'm trying to add some commands to my mq2melee.ini that aren't in the default list.
I'm a Rogue, and there is a default option to activate Pinpoint Deficiencies.
But there is no default setting to activate the Naive Mark disc, for example.
How can I set up these kinds of commands for discs/aas that aren't in the preset list?
Also, is there a way to auto-activate items, like my BP or Epic?

Thanks,

check at the bottom

RedCents
576¢
Hey guys,

I've noticed that when I have MQ2melee switched on, and I engage a target, I am unable to stop attacking with my regular auto-attack button.
The only way to stop attacking is to hit Z, which is the default MQ2melee keybind.

Since I sometimes have MQ2melee switched on, and sometimes don't, this is really annoying.

Is there a way to change the MQ2melee keybindings so that it uses the same key I use for regular auto-attack?

Thanks.

RedCents
3,005¢
Hello @rawmotion ,

With regards your keybinds question it is mentioned in the mq2melee documentation. Details are here: melee - opional global ini file

Perhaps this information can help you?

Quote from that page:-
Optional Global INI File
MQ2Melee also has 3 global (not character specific) parameters that​
can be set in a second, optional INI file. MQ2Melee uses default values​
for these parameters unless it finds a file named MQ2Melee.ini that you​
created in the same directory. Here is an example of a MQ2Melee.ini file​
and a description of the parameters:​
MQ2Melee.ini (This file must be manually created)​
This file should be created in the Release folder.​
INI:
[Settings]
SpawnType=10
MeleeKeys=z
RangeKeys=x
  • SpawnType: 0 + all desired target type modifier: (+1 PC) (+2 NPC) (+4 PC PET) (+8 NPC PET) (+16 PC CORPSE) (+32 NPC CORPSE) default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).
  • MeleeKeys: Melee Attack Key (not same as eq please unless you like problems) default is z.
  • RangeKeys: Range Attack Key default is x.

I haven't used that ini file myself, just aware that the code is there to field some keybinds for Melee and Range.
Normally, settings are fielded in the servername_charactername.ini files, also in the Release directory.
In game you can do the /melee save command, and it will add melee settings to that character file if not already there.

Please let us know your progress with your troubles.

Regards and Best Wishes.

RedCents
576¢
Hello @rawmotion ,

With regards your keybinds question it is mentioned in the mq2melee documentation. Details are here: melee - opional global ini file

Perhaps this information can help you?

Quote from that page:-
Optional Global INI File
MQ2Melee also has 3 global (not character specific) parameters that​
can be set in a second, optional INI file. MQ2Melee uses default values​
for these parameters unless it finds a file named MQ2Melee.ini that you​
created in the same directory. Here is an example of a MQ2Melee.ini file​
and a description of the parameters:​
MQ2Melee.ini (This file must be manually created)​
This file should be created in the Release folder.​
INI:
[Settings]
SpawnType=10
MeleeKeys=z
RangeKeys=x
  • SpawnType: 0 + all desired target type modifier: (+1 PC) (+2 NPC) (+4 PC PET) (+8 NPC PET) (+16 PC CORPSE) (+32 NPC CORPSE) default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).
  • MeleeKeys: Melee Attack Key (not same as eq please unless you like problems) default is z.
  • RangeKeys: Range Attack Key default is x.

I haven't used that ini file myself, just aware that the code is there to field some keybinds for Melee and Range.
Normally, settings are fielded in the servername_charactername.ini files, also in the Release directory.
In game you can do the /melee save command, and it will add melee settings to that character file if not already there.

Please let us know your progress with your troubles.

Regards and Best Wishes.
Thanks. I didn't see this.
What is the short ini command for numpad enter? Is it npadenter?

RedCents
3,005¢
Thanks. I didn't see this.
What is the short ini command for numpad enter? Is it npadenter?
That I don't know about.

In essence what you are now asking, is not a melee question, as you know where to change it to different key.
It's now a question about keybinds in general, that any of the MQ2 code may use to take something from an ini file and have it set as a keybind, thats core of MQ2.

i.e. the Melee code just reads and uses the values found in the ini file, and hands off the keybinding activity to core of MQ2. ( Main / KeyBinds ).

You could be correct with 'NPAD' + 'ENTER'.
If I were guessing, I'd start with the full word. NUMPAD. Then suffix it with keys. e.g. NUMPADENTER
Try other keys over there perhaps; NUMPAD0, NUMPAD1 ?

Nothing to stop you trying different values in the ini file.
unload and load the plugin again ( /plugin ) after each change and try the keys out.

Short of random experiments, this will need someone more familiar with MQ2 Keybinds to answer.
What text goes into the configuration files, to parse to an actual keybind, regardless of a specific plugin.

RedCents
576¢
That I don't know about.

In essence what you are now asking, is not a melee question, as you know where to change it to different key.
It's now a question about keybinds in general, that any of the MQ2 code may use to take something from an ini file and have it set as a keybind, thats core of MQ2.

i.e. the Melee code just reads and uses the values found in the ini file, and hands off the keybinding activity to core of MQ2. ( Main / KeyBinds ).

You could be correct with 'NPAD' + 'ENTER'.
If I were guessing, I'd start with the full word. NUMPAD. Then suffix it with keys. e.g. NUMPADENTER
Try other keys over there perhaps; NUMPAD0, NUMPAD1 ?

Nothing to stop you trying different values in the ini file.
unload and load the plugin again ( /plugin ) after each change and try the keys out.

Short of random experiments, this will need someone more familiar with MQ2 Keybinds to answer.
What text goes into the configuration files, to parse to an actual keybind, regardless of a specific plugin.
Found it is Num_Enter

RedCents
576¢
How would I do a holyshit that checks if a detrimental clicky is ready and if so casts it? E.g. rogue epic or breastplate. I’ve only seen examples that check if a self buff Is present, not if an item itself is ready.

Something like /if (${itemReady[fatestealer]}) /casting “assassins taint”|item ??

thx

RedCents
576¢
congratulations, well done.

How did you figure that out?
Found it in a wiki somewhere... Lost the page now =)

Other question: When switching targets during a fight, attack turns itself off — which is expected, I guess.
But when I hit Z again, I notice there is often quite a delay before it engages the mob I've switched to.
Sometimes, it doesn't seem to work at all and I have to hit Z multiple times, unsure if I've now turned it on or off.
Is this a bug? Is there an intentional delay?
It would be very helpful if there was some output in the window showing attack to be on or off.

Thanks!

RedCents
576¢
How would I do a holyshit that checks if a detrimental clicky is ready and if so casts it? E.g. rogue epic or breastplate. I’ve only seen examples that check if a self buff Is present, not if an item itself is ready.

Something like /if (${itemReady[fatestealer]}) /casting “assassins taint”|item ??

thx
Figured it out myself :dance:. This will make sure my epic always activates during fights if it's ready.
INI:
holyshit11=/if (${Me.ItemReady[52347]}) /casting 52347|item

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
60,650¢
Redbot updated MQ2Melee with a new update entry:

epic 1.0 bashing

This is update to melee impacts the BashCheck function thats called frequently during combat to ensure equipped gear is appropriate to bash with.

I've refactored the checks around shields and 2h weapons. In part, this was to grant a more efficent check for 2H, only if secondary is empty and the player class is one of Pal, Shd or War. This also structured the code to introduce the check for Knights epic 1.0 weapons, by testing for the worn effect "two-hand bash" (ID 2835)

Discussion of...
Read the rest of this update entry...

RedCents
3,005¢
The key thing for anyone following the Melee changes.

Paladins and Shadow Knights with epic 1.0 weapons equipped, should be able to bash without the purchase of the 2H AA.

I appreciate that will likely only be of benefit to a small headcount of knights, and they are probably in the EMU and the early TLP community as opposed Live.
From what I can tell, it's only the orignal epic 1.0 weapons that have the worn effect "two-hand bash". It wasn't mentioned on either the 1.5 or 2.0.

Regardless of how small a group it is to gain from the code update, I just felt that if the job was worth doing, it should be done right.

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
13,366¢
I believe

/melee save

Creates the ini
yeah prolly need both, i've always told folks to /melee load and then /melee save, but i guess it doesn't get written till the save - which is kinda dumb since its "configure" when it is loaded heh

but yeah good call, i usually tell em to do both

RedCents
70¢
yeah prolly need both, i've always told folks to /melee load and then /melee save, but i guess it doesn't get written till the save - which is kinda dumb since its "configure" when it is loaded heh

but yeah good call, i usually tell em to do both
unfortunately that didn't work.

Last edited:
RedCents
3,005¢
when I type /melee its loaded, but it displays nothing on one of my toons, the others are fine. Not really sure what I did to mess it up or correct it.
Ok, catching up here.

From your words, multiple characters on the computer work but one specific character, the warrior, is having trouble.
From this infer that the general health of the install is all good, and its config related for the single character as suspect.

Think the safe approach is to weed out change, and get to default for the warrior.

Basic steps to achieve that are as follows:-

#1 if you are ingame already on the warrior, start with this to remove the plugin from memory:​
/plugin mq2melee unload
#2 Now go to your VV directory in windows file explorer, ( VeryVanilla\Live\Release )​
#3 You will see a collection of "ini" files, they have name convention of "server"_"character".ini.​
Open the ini file for your warrior, in text editor such as "notepad"​
#4 scroll down the ini file, and you should find a section that looks like​
1620116478900.png
The values for you may be different, and so may the ordering. For me, the Melee stuff, was the last entry in the file and came after Rez, Twist and Log. We are only interested in the melee.​
#5 Remove all the Melee stuff from the file. From the above image, delete the [] tag, all the way down to the version property. Some 18 lines.​
if you want to save them elsewhere, a fresh notepad, feel free. But the important thing is the melee section is deleted from that file.​
#6 Save the ini file, now the melee configuration has been removed.​
#7 Back to the game, and reload the plugin.​
/plugin mq2melee load
#8 finally, report back to us what happens in game, in the MQ2 window when you enter the command​
/melee

Regards and Best Wishes

RedCents
47¢
Im having a weird bug with stick. Im trying to use /stick moveback 100% hold snaproll. It works perfectly and how I want it to if im just telling one character to do it. If I bct one of my bccmd channels or bct one specific character it makes them walk backwards until i stop them. Im doing this to avoid wild ramp. if someone can think of a better way to make a bunch of melee all stick at max range to avoid wild ramp that would work to.

I have tested turning on ka turning off melee and a few other things to narrow it down to it being when i bct someone to do it.

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
13,366¢
Im having a weird bug with stick. Im trying to use /stick moveback 100% hold snaproll. It works perfectly and how I want it to if im just telling one character to do it. If I bct one of my bccmd channels or bct one specific character it makes them walk backwards until i stop them. Im doing this to avoid wild ramp. if someone can think of a better way to make a bunch of melee all stick at max range to avoid wild ramp that would work to.

I have tested turning on ka turning off melee and a few other things to narrow it down to it being when i bct someone to do it.
I would suggest doing something like

you can potentially start getting undesired results mixing snaprolls and movebacks

you can see this by targeting a friend and testing different options to meet your needs

do a /stick moveback 100% vs /stick snaproll moveback 100%

I would use something like /stick snaproll behind 17 or something

I too get annoyed with the interactions with things like moveback and snaprolls

RedCents
47¢
i normally use what you said but each mob has a different wild rampage range so i need it to adjust to max every time. like i said though it works perfectly unless i issue the command through bccmd. Ill try issueing the commands with out hold and snap roll and if i can get it to work

RedCents
3,005¢
using it in a bct to a channel causes a crash but bcting straight to my character doesnt cause a crash with /stick moveback 100%
This is interesting.

Can you please give a full example of the exact commands you are typing into the chat window please.

The case that causes crashes, and that works when interacting with a character. Obviously, if character names are involved, please replace it with some other name.

RedCents
70¢
Ok, catching up here.

From your words, multiple characters on the computer work but one specific character, the warrior, is having trouble.
From this infer that the general health of the install is all good, and its config related for the single character as suspect.

Think the safe approach is to weed out change, and get to default for the warrior.

Basic steps to achieve that are as follows:-

#1 if you are ingame already on the warrior, start with this to remove the plugin from memory:​
/plugin mq2melee unload
#2 Now go to your VV directory in windows file explorer, ( VeryVanilla\Live\Release )​
#3 You will see a collection of "ini" files, they have name convention of "server"_"character".ini.​
Open the ini file for your warrior, in text editor such as "notepad"​
#4 scroll down the ini file, and you should find a section that looks like​
The values for you may be different, and so may the ordering. For me, the Melee stuff, was the last entry in the file and came after Rez, Twist and Log. We are only interested in the melee.​
#5 Remove all the Melee stuff from the file. From the above image, delete the [] tag, all the way down to the version property. Some 18 lines.​
if you want to save them elsewhere, a fresh notepad, feel free. But the important thing is the melee section is deleted from that file.​
#6 Save the ini file, now the melee configuration has been removed.​
#7 Back to the game, and reload the plugin.​
/plugin mq2melee load
#8 finally, report back to us what happens in game, in the MQ2 window when you enter the command​
/melee

Regards and Best Wishes
That did it, thank you very much!

RedCents
47¢
This is interesting.

Can you please give a full example of the exact commands you are typing into the chat window please.

The case that causes crashes, and that works when interacting with a character. Obviously, if character names are involved, please replace it with some other name.
/multiline ; /bct meleechannel //stick 100% moveback ;bct tankchannel //stick 8 front = crash
/bct channelformymelee //stick 100% moveback = crash
/bct charactername //stick 100% move back = no crash

the first one is in a social macro and the 2nd one is not.

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
13,366¢
/multiline ; /bct meleechannel //stick 100% moveback ;bct tankchannel //stick 8 front = crash
/bct channelformymelee //stick 100% moveback = crash
/bct charactername //stick 100% move back = no crash

the first one is in a social macro and the 2nd one is not.
1620167538919.png

should be: back; bct

might be your issue

you need to use double %% when sending over eqbc or you'll crash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)