• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Melee

Plugin - MQ2Melee (1 Viewer)

Thank you! good change. That was my first real frustrating experience with MQ, repeatedly wiping because I couldn't reposition mobs with my tank

I have noticed a lot of the melee plugins like to put every single mob other than the one you're tanking behind you an annoying amount of the time. is there anyway to make sure when we're tanking it always keeps all the mobs to our front?

I have noticed a lot of the melee plugins like to put every single mob other than the one you're tanking behind you an annoying amount of the time. is there anyway to make sure when we're tanking it always keeps all the mobs to our front?
its definitely not that they're "trying to put the other mobs behind you" it is that they're only adjusting to the mob they are targetting.

it would be pretty tall order to have a bot try and re position a bunch to get mobs in front of you - since that's not always possible - your toon would likely just end up jittering across the screen trying to not have mobs behind them - obviously easier with 1 or 2 mobs, but if you're trying to do something like that to adjust for everything, its going to be tough.

would be a fun little macro sub to try and come up with a way to do that programmatically without causing more headache than its worth.

i end up just manually adjusting my tank like a player would

Last edited:
its definitely not that they're "trying to put the other mobs behind you" it is that they're only adjusting to the mob they are targetting.

it would be pretty tall order to have a bot try and re position a bunch to get mobs in front of you - since that's not always possible - your toon would likely just end up jittering across the screen trying to not have mobs behind them - obviously easier with 1 or 2 mobs, but if you're trying to do something like that to adjust for everything, its going to be tough.

would be a fun little macro sub to try and come up with a way to do that programmatically without causing more headache than its worth.

i end up just manually adjusting my tank like a player would
Not a macro writer but it could be something like, if mobs behind then go backwards toward camp until no more mobs behind, that should EVENTUALLY, put all mobs in front of you. Not even sure if that is possible though.

Not a macro writer but it could be something like, if mobs behind then go backwards toward camp until no more mobs behind, that should EVENTUALLY, put all mobs in front of you. Not even sure if that is possible though.
its slightly more complicated than that tho - what if after moving a mob ends up behind you - you keep moving? and moving? and moving? now you have more mobs and have moved across the zone stuck in a corner. You can also have too many mobs, where you can't get them all in front of you. or the mob models are too large.

a player can see these things and side step, or side step and back up, so they can force the mob to move appropriately - depending on server response/lag doing that programmatically is probably challenging

its slightly more complicated than that tho - what if after moving a mob ends up behind you - you keep moving? and moving? and moving? now you have more mobs and have moved across the zone stuck in a corner. You can also have too many mobs, where you can't get them all in front of you. or the mob models are too large.

a player can see these things and side step, or side step and back up, so they can force the mob to move appropriately - depending on server response/lag doing that programmatically is probably challenging
I thought about that and realized another reason why I don't write plugins or macros and just rely on people like you to do that, I just have no clue where something like this would start or how it would work. I will just continue to buy things that allow you to continue doing what you do.

So when i use mqmelee on my monk it want's to use kick event when using mule assist with roundkick set as my ability. Am I doing something wrong? How do I make it use roundkick?

So when i use mqmelee on my monk it want's to use kick event when using mule assist with roundkick set as my ability. Am I doing something wrong? How do I make it use roundkick?
if you don't want mq2melee to do your kick, turn off kick in your mq2melee

INI:
Dragon Punch, Tail Rake (Iksar)
dragonpunch=0|1 [off|on] Will use if available.
Eagle Strike
eaglestrike=0|1 [off|on] Will use if available.
Flying Kick
flyingkick=0|1 [off|on] Will use if available.
Mend
mend=0-100 [off|on] Mend wounds if your life percentage goes below the designated value.
Round Kick
roundkick=0|1 [off|on] Will use if available.
Tiger Claw
tigerclaw=0|1 [off|on] Will use if available.
don't forget to /melee save after changing your stuff

Warriors, are you noticing a faster endurance drain? No this is not an infomercial. Since the patch, my warrior's endurance has been running down faster than the zerker. All his endurance AA are maxed and he never changed gear. But he is draining endurance way quicker now without changing the discs and AA I use.

So, I have been having a problem with MQ2Melee, basically, it auto Harm Touches on my SK the moment I engage...which is far from ideal, since I want to always click HT manually. Is there anyway to remove the permission to HT from MQ2Melee?

Thanks in advance!

for now this may help not sure
in your mq2melee section of your ini file
INI:
fieldarmif=!${Me.Song["Paragon Champion Rk. II"].ID}
or what ever line u are using if you are lower lvl

Thanks Sic. Great answer. One further question, is there a way to ensure that one of your toons NEVER has kissassist function on them? Basically, exclude one toon from kissassist taking control of them.

Thanks again.

Thanks Sic. Great answer. One further question, is there a way to ensure that one of your toons NEVER has kissassist function on them? Basically, exclude one toon from kissassist taking control of them.

Thanks again.
don't run kissassist on characters that you don't want kissassist running on.

or did you mean mq2melee?
if the second you can /melee off to disable it or just unload mq2melee /plugin mq2melee unload noauto

if you add the if statement to your melee ini it wont matter if there are any changes in the future
it will be a permanent fix regardless going forward
not having any more endurance issues doing that btw

Plugin - MQ2Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back