• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Map (1 Viewer)

what is difference between active and visible layer?
The active layer is the layer that edits would be applied to if you used the in-game map editor. You can select 1, 2 or 3, but you can only select one active layer at a time.

Visible layers are a toggle, on or off, for each layer. So you can show or hide any combination of the 3 layers.

I am having the issue where I cannot see normal NPCs on the map. I can see named spawns and pulling arcs, camp circles, but I cannot see normal trash mobs on the map. I think there is a setting somewhere to change this, could anyone point me in the right direction?

I am having the issue where I cannot see normal NPCs on the map. I can see named spawns and pulling arcs, camp circles, but I cannot see normal trash mobs on the map. I think there is a setting somewhere to change this, could anyone point me in the right direction?
MQ button, MQ2 map, like 3rd or 4th tab lets you select what shows. If its checked, but not showing, might be a layer issue (EQ map setting).

Hey guys,

So I think I might of presses something or did something, and from that time my map in the game does not show mobs anymore. When I press M to open the map and I use goods maps. I can not see a single mob in any zone. I tried playing with the layer option. I clicked on few different things to try and fix this issue. Can someone give me any more information on how I can fix this problem. Thank you all in advance.

Hey guys,

So I think I might of presses something or did something, and from that time my map in the game does not show mobs anymore. When I press M to open the map and I use goods maps. I can not see a single mob in any zone. I tried playing with the layer option. I clicked on few different things to try and fix this issue. Can someone give me any more information on how I can fix this problem. Thank you all in advance.
Try /mapfilter npc to toggle on/off npc's showing on the map. Just typing /mapfilter will show you all the options for that command.

So, I have watch several videos and people have on their maps NPC mobs moving around, a red circle for camp, a green or blue circle for radius I would assume for pulling. How does one configure whatever plugin to have those features on the in game Map? I am new to MQ2 so please excuse if this is a pretty basic question.

check out this link for your map - mq2map

If your using the cwtn plugins, the circles are part of the mode your set in. The video Sic did for mq2war is great for explaining this!

generally in mq2map the mq information is on layer 2, so in your mqp make sure that layer 2 is toggled on.

you can do /mqsettings and get to the menu where you can select plugins, and then mq2map to toggle on and off information.

Anyone have any luck with changing shapes and sizes, or getting pulse to work? I seem to be missing something and unable to see any changes to size, shape, or pulsing.

In the wiki for mq2map, it shows these commands/options:

Syntax/mapfilter <type> [ <param> [<param>]...] [color [<r g b>]] [show|hide]
Marker <type> <shape> [#]Change the marker shape for specified spawns. Passing a number at the end will change shape size. Accepted shapes: none/triangle/square/diamond. See examples below.

Syntax/highlight [reset | <spawnfilter> | size | pulse | [color # # #]]
OptionDescription
color [0-255] [0-255] [0-255]Enter desired RGB to change highlight color.
size <#>Change highlight font size
pulseToggles pulse on or off.
reset
<spawn>Accepts any term from Spawn search

In the wiki for mq2map, it shows these commands/options:

Syntax/mapfilter <type> [ <param> [<param>]...] [color [<r g b>]] [show|hide]
Marker <type> <shape> [#]Change the marker shape for specified spawns. Passing a number at the end will change shape size. Accepted shapes: none/triangle/square/diamond. See examples below.

Syntax/highlight [reset | <spawnfilter> | size | pulse | [color # # #]]
OptionDescription
color [0-255] [0-255] [0-255]Enter desired RGB to change highlight color.
size <#>Change highlight font size
pulseToggles pulse on or off.
reset
<spawn>Accepts any term from Spawn search
I tested in GH with
/mapfilter marker npc diamond 10
1696348938211.png
1696348950019.png
and then pulse I tried
/highlight size 10
/highlight pulse
/highlight npc Azia
1696349104841.png

1696349119061.png
the purple triangle pulses.

hope that helps.

@Trapper - That is working beautifully, that pulse is what everyone needs to see... its awesome on a busy map.

What is broken is the bad examples in the wiki:

Examples[edit]​

• Make named spawns appear as large triangles
/mapfilter named triangle 8

• shows player pets within 800
/mapfilter custom pcpet radius 800

• turn off custom filters
/mapfilter custom

See the difference between what you did and what the wiki says? Going to figure out how to update the wiki.

hello ,
just installed Redguides and its a really cool tool . First I had my 2 chars with 2 mercs , now I added a 3rd account with a small rogue and his merc .
I noticed , when I open my map on the new toon I have the brewball map up AND theres every NPC walking in real time on it . Thats great , but I need that option on my main char where I play as the master .
Please whats the command to turn that map option on ?

Thanks a lot
Mag

My apologize if this is posted in the wrong section, Im having issues with showing NPC's or mobs on my map only on one character. Ive downloaded/redownloaded all of MQ2 unloaded Mq2map etc.. and i still cant get any mobs to show on my guy. Ive tried /mapshow NPC. /mapshow reset. For some reason its only this one character that I cant get it to show mobs, the rest of my characters it will show mobs on the map. Any ideal on what i need to reset? Ive tried about everything that i know of.

Thanks,

Disregard, Base levels were all jacked up ive been putting up with this for about 4 weeks now. Disregard question.
just found the problem on my computer . On one toon one base level was switched off , clicking that on the map showed me the npcs . On my other toon I had to type /mapfilter all to activate it
hope that helps

hello ,
just installed Redguides and its a really cool tool . First I had my 2 chars with 2 mercs , now I added a 3rd account with a small rogue and his merc .
I noticed , when I open my map on the new toon I have the brewball map up AND theres every NPC walking in real time on it . Thats great , but I need that option on my main char where I play as the master .
Please whats the command to turn that map option on ?

Thanks a lot
Mag
it is mq2map, i merged your question into the discussion for it - but if you check the overview tab you'll see all the information (and links to find more)

So while I was doing my enchanter epic over the weekend with a tracker, it became very tedious so I tried to do it with MQ2Maps and that was not much of a help. I could use /mapfilter custom a_lava_walker for instance when it popped on track to help me kind of see where it was but it would have been easier if I could only have the map show a list of NPCs on the map, not just named or not named.

Is there a macro or plugin that I missed trying to figure this out?

The NPCs I wanted to search for were:

Placeholders:
-a lava walker
-a mottled wyvern
-a shadow drake
-a soul devourer
-a wandering wurm
-a wurm spirit
Named:
-Black Scar
-Faerie of Dismay
-Guardian of Felia
-Felia Goldenwing

I finally got the named I needed after hours and hours and using multiple hotkeys with different /mapfilter custom (mobname) but was curious if there was another way.

So while I was doing my enchanter epic over the weekend with a tracker, it became very tedious so I tried to do it with MQ2Maps and that was not much of a help. I could use /mapfilter custom a_lava_walker for instance when it popped on track to help me kind of see where it was but it would have been easier if I could only have the map show a list of NPCs on the map, not just named or not named.

Placeholders:
-a lava walker
-a mottled wyvern
-a shadow drake
-a soul devourer
-a wandering wurm
-a wurm spirit
Named:
-Black Scar
-Faerie of Dismay
-Guardian of Felia
-Felia Goldenwing

I finally got the named I needed after hours and hours and using multiple hotkeys with different /mapfilter custom (mobname) but was curious if there was another way.
try MySeq, its amazing

Placeholders:
-a lava walker
-a mottled wyvern
-a shadow drake
-a soul devourer
-a wandering wurm
-a wurm spirit
Named:
-Black Scar
-Faerie of Dismay
-Guardian of Felia
-Felia Goldenwing

/alert add 1 "a lava walker"
/alert add 1 "a mottled wyvern"
/alert add 1 "a shadow drake"
etc etc till you get your list.

then /mapfilter custom alert 1

greetings , is there a way that i can change the color of my marker on the map so i can tell where my character it without zooming all the way in when i have my team with me , thanks in advance . i been looking through the commands couldnt find nothing on it .

Wrong forum
For the last week or so I have noticed that there are no mobs showing up on my map.
If I turn on Hunter it will show the named mobs but not the regular mobs. I may have turned off a few plugins on the plugin manager but nothing that seemed linked to showing mobs that I remember. If anyone knows what's wrong or how to turn that feature back on please lmk.

Repeatable bug with this plugin on a specific raid.

During Sepulcher Event #3: Fumerak the Quintessence in VoA. Every client that had the map open when the boss spawned in phase 3 crashed instantly and then crashed again a second or 2 after coming back in. All clients with the map closed or the plugin unloaded were fine. Failed a few times before narrowing the cause to this plugin after noticing some who did not crash initially would crash when they opened the map mid fight.

Not sure how 1 old raid causing a fuss with this plugin sparks much interest in fixing the issue, but perhaps tracking it down could make other things more stable as well.

Repeatable bug with this plugin on a specific raid.

During Sepulcher Event #3: Fumerak the Quintessence in VoA. Every client that had the map open when the boss spawned in phase 3 crashed instantly and then crashed again a second or 2 after coming back in. All clients with the map closed or the plugin unloaded were fine. Failed a few times before narrowing the cause to this plugin after noticing some who did not crash initially would crash when they opened the map mid fight.

Not sure how 1 old raid causing a fuss with this plugin sparks much interest in fixing the issue, but perhaps tracking it down could make other things more stable as well.
there have been a few crashes happening related to spawns disappearing and map crashes

could you share what kind of mq2map settings you're using?

do you have any Crash IDs of that specific crash?

there have been a few crashes happening related to spawns disappearing and map crashes

could you share what kind of mq2map settings you're using?

do you have any Crash IDs of that specific crash?

Is there a place that would log the ID you need? If not then I'll have to wait until next week's raid to screenshot the 2 little error windows that pop up when a client crashes.

Here are my settings from the ini. Although many people in the raid other than me also crashed because of this and likely have different settings. Maybe I can try hiding untargetables or something.

[Map Filters]
NPC=1
PC=1
Target=1
NPCConColor=1
Chest=1
Trap=1
Ground=1
Trigger=1
Pet=1
All=1
TargetLine=1
PCConColor=0
Corpse=1
NormalLabels=1
Group=1
Menu=0
Timer=1
Untargetable=1
Mount=0
Banner=1
PCCorpse=1
Object=1
NPCCorpse=0
Mercenary=1
Ground-Color=16711935
CastRadius=0.000000
TargetRadius=30.000000
CastRadius-Color=1696025
SpellRadius-Color=1645025
PullRadius-Color=16776960
CampRadius-Color=16718105
SpellRadius=0.000000
PullRadius=860.000000
CampRadius=3000.000000
Aura=0
TargetRadius-Color=34106
TargetPath=0
TargetMelee=1
TargetMelee-Color=16252928
Vector=1
Named=0
[Naming Schemes]
Normal=%N

Reminds me of the movie Wargames for some reason.

Seriously though, I've seen it as well and wondered, but it went away the next time I logged in.

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

1702588387860.png

Wrong forum
Quick Question. One PC I no longer get the line on the map that draws to my current target. I get it on all of the other systems and I used to get it on the main. I tried disabling and reenabling and it does not seem to help. Does anyone have any advice on this?

1703711542708.png

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

what are the differences in visible layers on your two pcs? my quick guess would be related to which layers you have showing

Odd thing happened...i am running 6 boxes on my local PC and the map mod works fine, showing all npc's and the like..except on one character...i've tried turning some things on and off to no avail..looked through the config for the character and map...even unloaded map on that toon and reloaded....but i still cant see anything on map

aby suggestions?

Odd thing happened...i am running 6 boxes on my local PC and the map mod works fine, showing all npc's and the like..except on one character...i've tried turning some things on and off to no avail..looked through the config for the character and map...even unloaded map on that toon and reloaded....but i still cant see anything on map

aby suggestions?
Did you check the actual map layers you have selected?

Which I posted in the post above yours :p

Plugin - MQ2Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Back