• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2FeedMe

Plugin - MQ2FeedMe (1 Viewer)

I run SK, Magi, and Shaman CWTN and a KA bard.
I want to use FeedMe plug and have set it up per the directions listed on the plugin page specific to it, giving it some junk food/drink to consume before going into stat food stacks.
It doesn't seem to be working.
Stat food stacks were reduced and i'm not seen any eating/drinking messages.
So wondering what i might have overlooked.
Also want to be able to call this plugin at startup without any additional key presses if possible.
Please advise. thank you.

I run SK, Magi, and Shaman CWTN and a KA bard.
I want to use FeedMe plug and have set it up per the directions listed on the plugin page specific to it, giving it some junk food/drink to consume before going into stat food stacks.
It doesn't seem to be working.
Stat food stacks were reduced and i'm not seen any eating/drinking messages.
So wondering what i might have overlooked.
Also want to be able to call this plugin at startup without any additional key presses if possible.
Please advise. thank you.

Plugins that you have set to load upon startup automatically start when you loadup - there is nothing to start manually

when you do a /plugin mq2feedme --- this changed your MQ2FeedMe=0 in your macroquest.ini to MQ2FeedMe=1 which means "I want mq2feedme to be loaded when i enter the game"

I did a feedme vid a while back explaining how it works, check it out

@ddwiseman1 I did the same thing that happened to you and the solution was what @Sic mentioned. I had a hotkey that I intended to make sure all my plugins were running when I got into the game, but what it was doing was toggling a few off, then I was pulling my hair out wondering why the plugin "didn't work." Good thing baking and brewing are easy trade skills.

hmmm, I tried this one.

I did follow the guide.. but my toon still eats my stats food like mad.

[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1

[xxx]
AutoDrink=1
AutoFeed=1

[Food]
Food1=Roots
Food2=Fresh Fish
Food3=Honey mush Bread
Food4=Primordial Noodles with Indigenous Primordial Meat
Food5=Velious Surf and Turf Platter

[Drink]
Drink1=Water Flask
Drink2=Bottle of Milk
Drink3=Primordial Plasma Smoothie
Drink4=Blue Bomb Beverage

[xxx]
AutoDrink=4000
AutoFeed=4000

[xxx]
AutoFeed=1
AutoDrink=1

take the stat food out of your list of foods you want to eat, because that is not food you want to eat.

take the stat food out of your list of foods you want to eat, because that is not food you want to eat.

Yes, I tried both, therefor its there in the ini for the moment.

My human still eats all his stats food.. my dwarf don't.

EDIT:

Seems like it works now.

What I did was to restart the macro, delete the old and do it right this time. (Followed the guide Sic gave us)

Last edited:
This works great but be careful on raids if you are dead a lot, somehow my stat drink got used. Being naked and having to loot corpses can mess things up, especially if you are being rezzed mid battle and your corpse doesn't get looted right away or something. Probably none of this happens on Live.

Any clues on how to fix this, Im getting non-stop spam on all toons:

View attachment 21022

My MQ2Feedme.INI is:

INI:
[Settings]
Announce=0
FoodWarn=0
DrinkWarn=0

[Drink]
Drink1=Bottle of Milk
Drink2=Glob of Slush Water
Drink3=Pod of Water
Drink4=Water Flask
Drink5=Water of Eternity

[Food]
Food1=Cheese
Food2=Arctic Mussels
Food3=Arctic Scallop
Food4=Basilisk Eggs
Food5=Berries

[Toon1]
AutoDrink=6100
AutoFeed=6100
I want to report this guy for eating cheese and Basilisk Eggs, as eating trade skill items is a sin against the gods!
He can easily make a nice Omelette du Fromage from those ingredients and have 3 hearty meals per combine from the 2 meal-size ingredients. It's simple trade-skill math 1 meal +1 meal = 3 hearty meals it's not Gnomish Rocket Science (which is 100% fatal in every circumstance!)

Ok, I just scanned all the comments to make sure this wasn't covered but I want to add:
The order in which you place the food in the .ini is important as it is selected from the top to the bottom of each type.
([Food], & [Drink] sections)

So it might be smart to order them in a way that covers most situations.
For instance, I have Summoned: Globe of Water and Summoned: Black Bread in my top [Drink] and [Food] slots respectively, then clicky items like cauldron summoned Murky Energy Tonic and Airkin-Baked Croissant because I always have the Cauldron Lua running on all my mages so it stacks up and I parcel it to all my mid-level toon that are over lvl 76.

This way if I am in a group with a mage or another class that summons food/drink they can give me free food/drink when we start. Then I put the high stack food/drink for the loners that never play with a summoning class or don't have the bag room to spare for several temporary stacks of food. Then all the junk foraged food/drink like Lichen Roots then and only then, do I revert to the criminal starvation situation of using edible trade skill items to stop me from eating my stat food.

Some of those are "stat food" but this brings me to my next point. What are the best "Stat foods" to protect from eating?
I personally use Primordial Noodles with Indigenous Primordial Meat and Primordial Plasma Smoothie for all characters under 115. It has no level requirement and combined they can give a level 1 toon the following stats:
EffectBonus Gained
AC+210
HP+2160
MANA+2160
END+1560
Corrupt+8
HP Regen+12
MANA Regen+7
Heal Amount <--Link explaining Heal Amt.+30
Spell Dmg <--Link explaining Spell dmg.+30
Tribute (This defeats the purpose of the plugin but..)+6370

Then when they make level 115 switch to Luclin Garlic Stir-Fry and Luclin Berry Cooler.

EffectBonus Gained
AC+240
HP+3240
MANA+3240
END+2340
Magic Resist+21
Fire Resist+8
Corrupt Resist+8
HP Regen+18
MANA Regen+10
Heal Amount <--Link explaining Heal Amt.+75
Spell Dmg <--Link explaining Spell dmg.+75
Clairvoyance <--Link explaining Clairvoyance+21

This will no doubt change as new expansions and recipes are released so stay tuned EQ fans!
Edit: True to form, 10 seconds after posting, durango773 informed me of some NoS recipes. The Overseers don't have any Nos rewards yet so I haven't come across the parts to make these recipes and haven't gone to Nos zones to get the parts.

So if you're over level115 you can use Delightful Luclin Smoothie & Qwalla's Casserole Delight Which at the time of this posting is the highest "stat food" I know of which gives the following boosts: (at least for the next 10 seconds right durango773!)

EffectBonus Gained
AC+250
HP+3600
MANA+3600
END+2600
Magic Resist+21
Fire Resist+8
Corrupt Resist+8
HP Regen+20
MANA Regen+11
Heal Amount <--Link explaining Heal Amt.+90
Spell Dmg <--Link explaining Spell dmg.+90
Clairvoyance <--Link explaining Clairvoyance+28

Last edited:
Ok, I just scanned all the comments to make sure this wasn't covered but I want to add:
The order in which you place the food in the .ini is important as it is selected from the top to the bottom of each type. ([Food], & [Drink] sections)

So it might be smart to order them in a way that covers most situations.
For instance, I have Summoned: Globe of Water and Summoned: Black Bread in my top [Drink] and [Food] slots respectively, then clicky items like cauldron summoned Murky Energy Tonic and Airkin-Baked Croissant because I always have the Cauldron Lua running on all my mages so it stacks up and I parcel it to all my mid-level toon that are over lvl 76.

This way if I am in a group with a mage or another class that summons food/drink they can give me free food/drink when we start. Then I put the high stack food/drink for the loners that never play with a summoning class or don't have the bag room to spare for several temporary stacks of food. Then all the junk foraged food/drink like Lichen Roots then and only then, do I revert to the criminal starvation situation of using edible trade skill items to stop me from eating my stat food.

Some of those are "stat food" but this brings me to my next point. What are the best "Stat foods" to protect from eating?
I personally use Primordial Noodles with Indigenous Primordial Meat and Primordial Plasma Smoothie for all characters under 115. It has no level requirement and combined they can give a level 1 toon the following stats:
EffectBonus Gained
AC+210
HP+2160
MANA+2160
END+1560
Corrupt+8
HP Regen+12
MANA Regen+7
Heal Amount <--Link explaining Heal Amt.+30
Spell Dmg <--Link explaining Spell dmg.+30

Then when they make level 115 switch to Luclin Garlic Stir-Fry and Luclin Berry Cooler. Which at the time of this posting is the highest "stat food" I know of which gives the following boosts:

EffectBonus Gained
AC+240
HP+3240
MANA+3240
END+2340
Magic Resist+21
Fire Resist+8
Corrupt Resist+8
HP Regen+18
MANA Regen+10
Heal Amount <--Link explaining Heal Amt.+75
Spell Dmg <--Link explaining Spell dmg.+75
Clairvoyance <--Link explaining Clairvoyance+21

This will no doubt change as new expansions and recipes are released so stay tuned EQ fans!

@Sic I still get the announce message when consuming using MQ2Feedme. My .ini Announce is set to zero. Should we add a line bAnnConsume=1 or something to stop the public notice?
I tried adding this to the ini "bAnnConsume=1" and no luck, it still sends public notices. I also have annouce set to 0, but I think that's for announcement in the MQ window, not for public. Would be cool if it was possible to stop the consumption notice since it's a dead giveaway to automation imo as the update suggests and I assume it's just something I am doing wrong as that's usually the case =)

no, you can't stop the eq message saying you ate food.

this is for your mq output saying that the plugin ate food, not for eq.

you can't "quietly consume food"

no, you can't stop the eq message saying you ate food.

this is for your mq output saying that the plugin ate food, not for eq.

you can't "quietly consume food"
Thanks for the clarification. Bummer!!!

You can't stop the public message. You could stop yourself from seeing it (but that's not what you want).

On a side note, I remember doing some testing on the public message. I do believe that only people within 100 feet (don't quote me) can see the message. Maybe consider a disable feature that if nearestspawn < 101 then pause? Something like that. I know I feel better disabling anything automatic when I am in safe zones just standing around. Especially when afk and your going chomp chomp chomp.

On a side note, I remember doing some testing on the public message. I do believe that only people within 100 feet (don't quote me) can see the message. Maybe consider a disable feature that if nearestspawn < 101 then pause? Something like that. I know I feel better disabling anything automatic when I am in safe zones just standing around. Especially when afk and your going chomp chomp chomp.
Good idea. Though its likely best to confirm the distance portion. If so, I'm sure there is a way to disable it but you would also want a way to reactive it because if you're like me and forget, there goes the stat food LOL.

While I never AFK or even make a habit of sitting in populated zones, I have been spending quite a bit of time in NoS (which I usually play at least one xpac back) and sitting by the NPC's for raids is usually crowded, hence the chop, drink concern. Prolly best to just use the hotkeys I created to tur nit on/off when appropriate and avoid using it anywhere by group content.

yeah i don't think the solution is to not use it while other spawns are around - we're boxing toons.

I personally don't just sit my toons idle in "mixed company" locations, and i'd recommend taking similar care.

Greetings...
Rolled out with my crew this morning, they're sporting new food and drink. The expensive stuff. All my toons have the basic .ini settings. Fresh Fish and Water.. plenty of it. Was out xp'ing and then when I got back to POK I noticed that my main was missing his stat food at the top of his bag next to his stat drink. I checked my other toons and they had all either eaten or drunk one of their stat items and one had eaten/drunk both? I checked everything again to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything, but I assure you I didn't. I have my food and drink both set at 5000 on all my toons. Been using this for a while now and this is the first time I have had this problem.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
btw: Announce and Warnings are set to 0. I assume these settings just let you know through the MQ window that you are eating/drinking or that your food/drink is low??

Greetings...
Rolled out with my crew this morning, they're sporting new food and drink. The expensive stuff. All my toons have the basic .ini settings. Fresh Fish and Water.. plenty of it. Was out xp'ing and then when I got back to POK I noticed that my main was missing his stat food at the top of his bag next to his stat drink. I checked my other toons and they had all either eaten or drunk one of their stat items and one had eaten/drunk both? I checked everything again to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything, but I assure you I didn't. I have my food and drink both set at 5000 on all my toons. Been using this for a while now and this is the first time I have had this problem.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
btw: Announce and Warnings are set to 0. I assume these settings just let you know through the MQ window that you are eating/drinking or that your food/drink is low??
I have a vid on feedme, maybe give that a watch

I have watched it.. and I watched it again this evening to see if I missed anything. Pretty sure I had it covered. But ate my stat food today anyway.. kinda surprised as it's been working fine until now.
Oh well.. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it...

I used it all w/e on 10 toons and it worked great. Maybe double check the ini to make sure the food you want to consume is available and also that all toons are set to /autofeed 5000 and /autodrink 5000.

There are several checks in FeedMe used to decide when it is a good time to eat/drink. All of the following must be true. If any are not, it will not eat/drink:

- nothing on cursor
- not casting (unless bard)
- not using abilities (unless bard)
- not looking at the spell book
- not interacting with vendor
- not trading with someone
- not banking
- not looting
- not Feigned
- not camping

You would have to be doing one of these things for a prolonged period of time for FeedMe to not eat. If you were out XP'ing, my guess would be FD during a break?

Another thing to keep in mind: If you ever log in without MQ running, like maybe after a patch and MQ hasn't been updated, FeedMe isn't running and your toons are gonna eat that tasty stuff at the top.

Alright... I appreciate the responses.. Thank you. However...
1: None of the characters I was running at the time were capable of FD.
2: All toons of that particular incident were between lvl 52 and lvl 56. To be exact, War, Shm, Rog, Enc, Wiz and a merc.
3: All toons had nearly a full stack of fresh fish and water.
4: Today this happened on my Bard, lvl 80 and it ate both the food and drink. Really bummed.
5: Bard was NOT doing anything special, mostly following around my SK.

Anyway, please understand this for what it is. It's not an accusation. I am reporting information. I happen to be a fairly intelligent idiot.. and I've been trying to determine what went wrong, but I haven't the faintest idea at this point. I've decided to not use the plugin for the time being. At least until I or someone else figures out what the problem is. I've also kinda become a little paranoid about using it in gathering spots, ie: POK, Lobby, etc. In regards to this, would it be possible to add some code to determine if you are in a zone (per .ini file) that you would want it automatically paused, move the stat food (if possible) to another location in your bags and populate the empty spaces with the non stat food so it could be put back in when you leave the social zone? In other words, if you zone into POK or? the plugin goes into a pause mode... moves your stat food to the farthest corner of your bags, BEEPS if it can't.. then fills the top two positions with all but one of each of the non-stat food. Then when you leave the zone, it replaces your stat food and resumes. Whatcha think?

I gotta say, I am bummed to have to report this. I've been overwhelmed with how awesome this whole Redguides version of MQ has been.. I'm still pretty new to it and I am making headway through all the plugins and all. I just love it. You guys have spoiled me for life. I will never be able to play EQ without it now. It would be just too painful!! lol. I'd be happy to help out with this, but the logs don't show when you eat food normally.. so it's a little hard to tell when it happens. But if you have any questions, feel free to throw em out. I'll do my best..
Cheers
R

There are times where the game can not force feed itself but it can auto-eat. If it happens to line up that the client thinks you need to auto-eat, it will.

Re: Pause on zone, you can use zone config files to execute commands to pause the plugin. It's not a function built into the plugin, though.

Alright... I appreciate the responses.. Thank you. However...
1: None of the characters I was running at the time were capable of FD.
2: All toons of that particular incident were between lvl 52 and lvl 56. To be exact, War, Shm, Rog, Enc, Wiz and a merc.
3: All toons had nearly a full stack of fresh fish and water.
4: Today this happened on my Bard, lvl 80 and it ate both the food and drink. Really bummed.
5: Bard was NOT doing anything special, mostly following around my SK.

Anyway, please understand this for what it is. It's not an accusation. I am reporting information. I happen to be a fairly intelligent idiot.. and I've been trying to determine what went wrong, but I haven't the faintest idea at this point. I've decided to not use the plugin for the time being. At least until I or someone else figures out what the problem is. I've also kinda become a little paranoid about using it in gathering spots, ie: POK, Lobby, etc. In regards to this, would it be possible to add some code to determine if you are in a zone (per .ini file) that you would want it automatically paused, move the stat food (if possible) to another location in your bags and populate the empty spaces with the non stat food so it could be put back in when you leave the social zone? In other words, if you zone into POK or? the plugin goes into a pause mode... moves your stat food to the farthest corner of your bags, BEEPS if it can't.. then fills the top two positions with all but one of each of the non-stat food. Then when you leave the zone, it replaces your stat food and resumes. Whatcha think?

I gotta say, I am bummed to have to report this. I've been overwhelmed with how awesome this whole Redguides version of MQ has been.. I'm still pretty new to it and I am making headway through all the plugins and all. I just love it. You guys have spoiled me for life. I will never be able to play EQ without it now. It would be just too painful!! lol. I'd be happy to help out with this, but the logs don't show when you eat food normally.. so it's a little hard to tell when it happens. But if you have any questions, feel free to throw em out. I'll do my best..
Cheers
R
I run a 6 toon group all mine are drinking and eating with the autofeed command. I guess I would have to ask you is it set up to /autofeed add (name, and has to be on your cursor) it will work for all toon. The same with auto drink. Also some people use the /autodrink 3500 and autofeed 3500 then some use 5000 instead or 3500. Just a thought tho I did have a problem with it before until a friend of mine walked me through it. But this may not be your problem tho, but just a thought

But if you have any questions, feel free to throw em out. I'll do my best..

Start with the basics! Do you have a single mq2feedme.ini file and is it located in the \config folder?

Can you post the contents of the file (remove or mask your character names!)?

Have you done a /plugin list and ensured that mq2feedme is in the list? (Because if you ever unload it manually then MQ won't run it automatically the next time you load up.)

And just a tip, I have entered all the possible food or drink I might use across all my characters so that as I forage or farm I'll use them no matter the zone or the character level. Here's mine:

INI:
[Settings]
Announce=0
FoodWarn=0
DrinkWarn=0

[Drink]
Drink1=Bile Drippings
Drink2=Murky Energy Tonic
Drink3=Velium Tainted Glob of Slush Water
Drink4=Rain Water
Drink5=Pod of Water
Drink6=Primordial Pod of Water
Drink7=Bottle of Milk
Drink8=Water Flask
Drink9=Ether-Fused Tea

[Food]
Food1=Shimmering Vigna
Food2=Lava Larva
Food3=Drakefire Vetch
Food4=Cooked Rabbit Meat
Food5=Arctic King Crab
Food6=Rabbit Meat
Food7=Airkin-Baked Croissant
Food8=Roots
Food9=Vegetables
Food10=Berries
Food11=Ration
Food12=Iron Ration
Food13=Fruit
Food14=Fresh Fish
Food15=Aircrisp Apple

Yes, all your questions are as you say. To be clear, the plugin is working, most of the time. Until it doesn't. I've reviewed the previous poster's exclusions of when it might not be working due to internal checks, but none of those conditions would be happening long enough for this situation to occur. Certainly not on multiple toons.

Here is a snippet of my .ini
[Settings]
Announce=0
FoodWarn=0
DrinkWarn=0
[Food]
Food1=Fresh Fish
[Drink]
Drink1=Water Flask
[Char01]
AutoFeed=5000
AutoDrink=5000
(then just a rehash of this for all the different named toons Char02, Char03, etc. Same file, just following Char01.. not the settings, just the autofeed/drink values)

I keep it simple, I keep a stack of 1000 fish and water in the 3rd and 4th positions of my #1 bag. I don't add anything else to the equation. I can hear it autofeeding/drinking while I am playing. Anyway, barring a solution to this I supposed I can just accept it as a lowered cost of stat food and the occasional ones will be eaten. I can make the food with my baker, but I jumped the gun with brewing and bought the drinks from the bazaar since I thought it would be a one time purchase, lol. The beyond 300 skillups are a pita, Oh well. Guess I'll have to get on that!

As for Many_Whelps advice of using zone files for pausing the program, this could be a big problem as unless the stat food is moved, the game will just consume it. Kinda defeats the purpose. It would be much easier to add this to the plugin. At least IMHO. I could probably write a separate macro/plugin to do this, but it's obviously an issue that's been brought up previously and would likely be an easy fix for the original author. And as a safety precaution to not draw attention to the user for using MQ, I think this would be a good thing. I'm old, I forget shit like this... so I find myself in POK with my announcements of my eating habits going off frequently. Turning off the plugin and moving the food manually on 6 or more toons would require me to pay attention and I'm getting worse at that every year... hahaha!

Hmm.. now that I am thinking about it tho, a macro fired off with the zone files might just be the ticket, although I do still think it would best be accomplished by the plugin... I'll look into it.

Query: In my short attempts to find information on the food/drink issue, I was unable to find a range for the AutoFeed/AutoDrink numbers. It simply states 3500 on the plugin page and then Sir Sic tells us to use 5000 in his video. However, what is the entire range and at what .hunger or .thirst does the game actually consume?

Never mind on my previous questions for the ranges for AutoFeed, etc. I also determined when the game eats and drinks, thanks!

this is my ingame.cfg file (you can create it in notepad and make sure to save AS cfg (all files) )

/SetWinTitle ${Me.Name}.${EverQuest.Server} (Lvl:${Me.Level} ${Me.Class}) ${Zone.Name} (${Zone.ShortName} [${Me.Instance}])

this will tell me everything. I also have a zoned.cfg with similar.

Kaen started me off with this years ago.

Hello again...
So I put together a little bit of code over the weekend. It has absolutely nothing to do with the problem that brought me here in the first place, ie: MQ2FeedMe eating my stat food, but it does address the secondary issue I have had lately of being in a social zone and the plugin noisily consuming food. That pretty much screams, HEY!! I'm using MQ! Lol. But really, when I happen to be in POK and I hear the toon next to me gulping down water and food, ya.. you know.
So this code goes in your zoned.cfg file. It's all documented in the macro anyway.. but it's just that simple. It runs every time you zone and determines if this is a zone you want to turn off FeedMe in and moves your food if it is. Someone mentioned earlier about hearing anyone within 100' of you and I verified that just for good measure. Thanks to Many_Whelps for reminding me about the zoned.cfg concept (did I mention it's been a long time since I have done anything with MQ? lol)

Ok, so disclaimers. Ya, it's been a while since I was a software engineer and the only thing I have coded in over the last 30 years or so is MQ. But it's been about 5-6 years since then.. so. My code is pretty ugly. And everything is pretty much hard coded. There may even be, {gasp} bugs! Or just plain errors. Eh, not really.. but who knows. But it works as far as I can tell. And it' not like it's some big project. So, I feel fairly safe giving it out. Use at your own peril.. blah blah blah.

Hope someone finds it useful..
Cheers
Engarde

Oh, and sorry if this isn't the proper forum to post this.

Attachments

• FeedFix.mac
    11.3 KB · Views: 2
Hmm.. didn't put that file in the post the way I thought it would.. oh well..
And apparently I uploaded the version I am testing with Buttered Al-Metes Jerky and Merchant's Brew, not the Primordial stuff in the header, fyi

Last edited:
I have revisited this little macro to do a better job and give a little more control over it. Also added a little more functionality that you might find of use.
Now you can set it up for multiple characters with different food sets. I've added more social zones for turning the plugin off. I also have it place your merc in passive mode automatically when entering a social zone since I always forget to turn it off myself.. no sense wasting money! I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and it appears to be working nicely. Set and forget! Read the headers for details.
Hope ya like..
Cheers

Attachments

• FeedFix.mac
    15 KB · Views: 4
Plugin - MQ2FeedMe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back