• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DPSAdv

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv (1 Viewer)

noticed the same thing but only on the MT, the other 2 sk's in the group seem to be behaving normally, all 3 running cwtn plugin

Love the plugin. Is there a way to look at the DPS of my group over the course of, let's say, 1 hour with all mobs combined? Best regards
nah if you want extensive stuff and breakdowns and such you'd be much better off with something like gamparse

DPSAdv, while cool and providing an in-game window, is not doing that much different from what a log parser does. There are other methods of doing parsers that CAN take advantage of MQ and how data is received (dannuic and eqmule both started on these, but neither finished). So when you get into wanting features that other log parsers already have, it's a good idea to just use the log parser.

I am getting a strange crash frequently after a short time running six accounts--no warning just all six windows close (no pop-up or anything like you normally get with a retry and cancel button option). The EQBCSexe Window has this when it happens no gap just bam all immediately at the same time:

Client::ProcessPendingWrites() Client [character name] Disconnected. 5 client(s) remaining.
Client::ProcessPendingWrites() Client [character name] Disconnected. 4 client(s) remaining.
Server::ProcessPendingReads() Client [character name] Disconnected. 3 client(s) remaining.
Client::ProcessPendingWrites() Client [character name] Disconnected. 2 client(s) remaining.
Client::ProcessPendingWrites() Client [character name] Disconnected. 1 client(s) remaining.
Client::ProcessPendingWrites() Client [character name] Disconnected. 0 client(s) remaining.

I know this is standard for when you log out, its just an instant closing of all six--for other things I was running at the time I had five of the toons on CWTN plugins (war, zerk, zerk, bst, shm) and the sixth running KA. This has repeated for me 5 times before I just logged out and stayed out (tired of corpse recoveries). Average time for it to occur was between 30 mins to a hour. Any help would be appreciated to troubleshoot. This only started after the latest update.

I am getting a strange crash frequently after a short time running six accounts--no warning just all six windows close (no pop-up or anything like you normally get with a retry and cancel button option). The EQBCSexe Window has this when it happens no gap just bam all immediately at the same time:

Client::ProcessPendingWrites() Client [character name] Disconnected. 5 client(s) remaining.
Client::ProcessPendingWrites() Client [character name] Disconnected. 4 client(s) remaining.
Server::ProcessPendingReads() Client [character name] Disconnected. 3 client(s) remaining.
Client::ProcessPendingWrites() Client [character name] Disconnected. 2 client(s) remaining.
Client::ProcessPendingWrites() Client [character name] Disconnected. 1 client(s) remaining.
Client::ProcessPendingWrites() Client [character name] Disconnected. 0 client(s) remaining.

I know this is standard for when you log out, its just an instant closing of all six--for other things I was running at the time I had five of the toons on CWTN plugins (war, zerk, zerk, bst, shm) and the sixth running KA. This has repeated for me 5 times before I just logged out and stayed out (tired of corpse recoveries). Average time for it to occur was between 30 mins to a hour. Any help would be appreciated to troubleshoot. This only started after the latest update.
Run the redguides updater. There is a dpsadv crash fix

Redbot updated MQ2DPSAdv with a new update entry:

Updates

• adjusted a strcpy_s to strncpy_s to help future proof potential issues where too much information is passed and cause an overflow.
  • updated "healed" to " healed " for the strstr to try and avoid catching user names like shealedallah the warrior princess.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I notice sometimes when I have my mages on it shows pets dps separate in the dps window and other times combines pets with owners. Is it something I am doing or just a normal thing? Doesn't bother me either way was just curious. I should say I have permanent names for the pets if that makes a difference.

I notice sometimes when I have my mages on it shows pets dps separate in the dps window and other times combines pets with owners. Is it something I am doing or just a normal thing? Doesn't bother me either way was just curious.
nah i think this is a bug - i mentioned seeing it myself back when ctaylor/knightly/red were making some changes

i don't think its anything you were doing

I'm not sure how to fix it, or i would - maybe i'll poke it a bit

nah i think this is a bug - i mentioned seeing it myself back when ctaylor/knightly/red were making some changes

i don't think its anything you were doing

I'm not sure how to fix it, or i would - maybe i'll poke it a bit
I think it is kinda cool sometimes if I have 6 on it shows 8 I feel badass and stuff rofl. As you can tell I am easily impressed.

Yeah, I don't know what causes that. I don't use it enough to see it, but if someone figures out a way to reproduce it reliably, I'll track it down.

Hello,

I'm not sure exactly what is happening, but mq2dpsadv has caused me to crash twice; I only suspect this because that plugin is in the name of the dmp file. I did tip two of the devs here so I'm not sure if I'm using the the "untested" version; I just thought I should put in a post about it and see if its just me or something else.

Both times the crash happend I was fighting quest mobs that you were supposed to stop fighting a low health % for quest update, so the fight would then be over.

Hello,

I'm not sure exactly what is happening, but mq2dpsadv has caused me to crash twice; I only suspect this because that plugin is in the name of the dmp file. I did tip two of the devs here so I'm not sure if I'm using the the "untested" version; I just thought I should put in a post about it and see if its just me or something else.
pm me a dump plz (pm not post here)

there may be personal information in a dmp like toon names or server info - but if you want me to take a look, pm plz

Ah, I see. Thanks for the quick response, appreciate it!
shot you a pm to test the fix - it is crashing when your pet is taking damage - so if you can do something where mob hits your pet or damage shield etc, would be able to see if it triggers again or not

Redbot updated MQ2DPSAdv with a new update entry:

MQ2DPSAdv - Crash Fix

• Updated IsPet check. -- Previous update to remove pets/swarm pets would cause a crash if your pet was the recipient of damage from the mob you were fighting. -- Now we just skip adding it as a mob in the dropdown.
  • Reverted previous update as it is not necessary with this fix.

Read the rest of this update entry...

So this morning I was doing Zlandicar and 5 of my 6 toons crashed. When I looked for the DMP file the name of the file started with MQ2ADVDPS so I assume thats what caused the crash and it was not loaded on the last toon that did not crash. Is here something I need to update after the patch? I used the RG launcher and updated MQ2.

So this morning I was doing Zlandicar and 5 of my 6 toons crashed. When I looked for the DMP file the name of the file started with MQ2ADVDPS so I assume thats what caused the crash and it was not loaded on the last toon that did not crash. Is here something I need to update after the patch? I used the RG launcher and updated MQ2.
check your launcher, there has been another patch for this

Just to add info. All my characters crashed last night, but only when engaged with a mob in a raid. Could've just been an instance thing as it isn't happening in regular zones. All the crashes referenced dpsadv and unloading it (before loading the characters back in) allowed them to do their thing. I haven't patched yet, but will do so before I start up tomorrow.

Just to add info. All my characters crashed last night, but only when engaged with a mob in a raid. Could've just been an instance thing as it isn't happening in regular zones. All the crashes referenced dpsadv and unloading it (before loading the characters back in) allowed them to do their thing. I haven't patched yet, but will do so before I start up tomorrow.
well you didn't patch after the fix was made and rebuilt

so you should patch and that should fix it up

Your latest VV download was the 5-19-2021 version from early afternoon
1621564944303.png

there was an update later on last night
1621564952341.png

the tl;dr on the crash was a pet taking damage from a mob you were fighting - so breath, frontal, damage shield etc

I keep having this issue of my mq2 running fine until we pull a named. 2 days ago there was no issue. I played for several hours and dozens of named. It started yesterday that whenever mid fight with a named it crashed all 4 accounts at once. I have gone through the basic tips for crashing issues and I have the dump files I can send. Just trying to figure out if there is like a burn issue causing crash or something else when it comes to how named are handled in camp. Thanks

Edit: I disabled dpsadv on all the accounts and have killed 3 named thus far and had no issues of crashing.

Last edited:
Check to see if you have updated to the most recent version. There was a bug with dpsadv that would crash you if it saw a pet take damage.

Check to see if you have updated to the most recent version. There was a bug with dpsadv that would crash you if it saw a pet take damage.
Interesting. I have updated and reloaded several times but perhaps I may just try unload dpsadv all together. Thanks for the response.

I JUST started getting this on a single character tonight. I have 5 toons logged in but only one in the raid. About 30-60 into the action, the box in raid crashes. The other 4 instances are still running.

Here's the really odd thing...I don't have any plugins OR macros running on the toon in raid. But, I have KissAssist running on the other 4 boxes. At first I thought I might be running my system out of available memory. But, I have 24GB installed and am only using 10.5.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been running just fine for weeks. This ONLY happens in a raid with 50+ other toons...

Kak

Yes, of course. I should have thought of that to begin with. It is attached.
are you sure this is running the updated version of mq2dpsadv? when i loaded your dmp (which you didn't send in pm as requested) it said it was using a different version.

and in fact, it is from your pet taking damage, which is specifically what was fixed before.

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back