• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DPSAdv

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv (1 Viewer)

Sorry if this isn't the correct place, but I have a quick question. The DPS adv window isn't showing up for me at all, and I looked through my VV installation as well as EQ and don't see a custom UI folder. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sorry if this isn't the correct place, but I have a quick question. The DPS adv window isn't showing up for me at all, and I looked through my VV installation as well as EQ and don't see a custom UI folder. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
/plugin mq2dpsadv load - then a /dpsadv show to show the window - if this is your first time running it you will need a /reload or a /loadskin default

With this latest update, I am getting an error "Incorrect UI File in use. Please update to latest and reload again." I went to the UI folder for MQ2, copied the MQ2DPSAdv file and pasted it into my custom UI (which I have used for years) and it still says that even reloading the plugin. (It worked yesterday before this latest patch). The UI window looks like the older one which does not show the use TBMK numbers checkbox instead of exact figures as an option. ALSO even weirder, my SK on the same computer does NOT have this error and IS showing the current correct window?? They are both running the same custom UI. This character (Berserker) is also having issues with CWTN mq2berzerker window too .. any coincidence?

With this latest update, I am getting an error "Incorrect UI File in use. Please update to latest and reload again." I went to the UI folder for MQ2, copied the MQ2DPSAdv file and pasted it into my custom UI (which I have used for years) and it still says that even reloading the plugin. (It worked yesterday before this latest patch). The UI window looks like the older one which does not show the use TBMK numbers checkbox instead of exact figures as an option. ALSO even weirder, my SK on the same computer does NOT have this error and IS showing the current correct window?? They are both running the same custom UI. This character (Berserker) is also having issues with CWTN mq2berzerker window too .. any coincidence?
i responded to you in the other thread.

if you have duplicate ui files it will load from your custom/default eq folder before it loads from your mq2 folder - so you either need to delete those old ones, or replace them with the new ones.

Hi Sic ty for replying to both threads. I did replace every MQUI XML document in my custom UI with the MQ2 default ones. What else would I need to do? I put a copy into the default UI and my custom UI folder. When I deleted the berserker file that fixed him, but the Rogue and dps adv UI files are still not working. Sorry to be a pain!

Hi Sic ty for replying to both threads. I did replace every MQUI XML document in my custom UI with the MQ2 default ones. What else would I need to do? I put a copy into the default UI and my custom UI folder. When I deleted the berserker file that fixed him, but the Rogue and dps adv UI files are still not working. Sorry to be a pain!
the cwtn plugins all use the exact same window - sounds like you need to do a /reload on your ui

I have done a /reload on my UI multiple times today to try to get this working. I camped him out and back a few times too just in case that would work.

So, I went and re-downloaded VV manually then extracted all the UI files from there - they were different! I just installed all of them manually.

(That fixed the problem)

Last edited:
Hello everyone, so I got the DPS Advanced window up and working for the most part but for some reason the window cuts off at dps and wont show time or %, I made the window it self bigger and noticed I can adjust the columns #, Name, Total, but not the DPS column. was wondering if anyone knows a fix.

Thanks for any help

Hello everyone, so I got the DPS Advanced window up and working for the most part but for some reason the window cuts off at dps and wont show time or %, I made the window it self bigger and noticed I can adjust the columns #, Name, Total, but not the DPS column. was wondering if anyone knows a fix.

Thanks for any help
is it possible you don't have the updated file? like you copied the file to your default or a custom ui folder and not automatically loading from your mq2 folder?
I can adjust mine
1590946655539.png
1590946663101.png

is it possible you don't have the updated file? like you copied the file to your default or a custom ui folder and not automatically loading from your mq2 folder?
I can adjust mine
View attachment 21922
View attachment 21923
I did notice that when I open the UI files folder in MQ2/Release file that it has a bunch of XML documents that show are outdated but when I go into the Default folder inside the UIfiles folder it has updated versions, should I delete the XML files that are not updated?

Here is a picture of what I mean EQ000000.jpg you can see where it cuts off just after dps

Last edited:
update something odd I found after restarting the game on all my other chars I get the window to show up normally with Time and % showing normally but not on my SK tank that the only one its not working on, all have the same UI

(moving this from the MQ2Monk thread)

@BlankStare I revived DPSAdv from the dead a year or more ago to get it to work when DBG changes all the text outputs so that DPSAdv would actually parse the DPS. So in a way it is a CWTN plugin. With that said, without a dump of the crash I wouldn't be able to track down your issue that causes the crash. You need to crash again to get a updated dmp file that you can send me so I can look at what is causing it and implement a fix for it. But the conversation for that should be moved to the DPSAdv discussion thread.

Personally I don't crash running DPSAdv and I run it 100% of the time on all characters. Not to say you don't crash, just that I've not experienced it when I played. Can't fix something if I don't know it's not working correctly.
I was originally running into the problem back in May, just two months ago. I had, after a lot of troubleshooting, deduced that I only crashed when using my Cleric's hammer pet - part of my KissAssist routine, and not part of IHC. It crashed everyone else in my cleric's group, but not my cleric.
My original deduction is that this happened because my pet, via rename potion, had the same name as my Cleric. I would try to make people's parses look funny by pointing out that my cleric was doing backstab damage.
If the pet took a riposte and died, or de-summoned after the mob died, it would generally crash my other characters. I was able to reproduce this to occur within 1-3 mobs, a complete crash of all other EQ clients (except the Cleric) with no crash messages, no dump files, just a disappearance of the EQ clients.

To resolve this, I just stopped using the hammer pet. Case closed?

I joined a raiding guild on one of my characters, and was crashing every 6-12 seconds when we had combat. My first raid was not at all pretty. One time I crashed the same second that I logged back into the raid zone. It was then that I realized MQ2DPSAdv was the culprit, and turning the plugin off resolved everything. Now I can use the hammer pet without problems.

I tried using the default UI, but there might have been something else I was missing, as a requirement of the MQ2DPSAdv plugin.

Any thoughts, Chat?

If I recall correctly, that's all done by chat color and there are some text splits on your name. So the issue of having your pet as your name is probably a text splitting issue where it's trying to use the same code for pets who are named "Soandso's pet" as well as "Kibober" and doesn't account for that. Although, it's also possible for crashing other clients that they do a spawn search...find the name of your cleric...and then, expecting that there is only one try to perform NPC operations on a PC.

For the crashing in combat, if it's that reproducible, I'd say clear out your combat logs...turn logging on, and save the log that crashes. Can just run it through the same functions and see what happens. (But as CWTN said, a dump file will point directly at it).

works best with HitModes set to For You Hit Other: Normal, Abbreviated

Would someone explain this statement in more detail please??
Also, does this plugin work better with logs turned on or off?

works best with HitModes set to For You Hit Other: Normal, Abbreviated

Would someone explain this statement in more detail please??
Also, does this plugin work better with logs turned on or off?
No logs needed.

The normal abbreviated means you need your hits mode (right click on ur chat window). I suggest nornal. Using numbers only would make the plugin not function correctly.

I loaded the DPSAdv tonight and got it working (this thread helped tremendously). However, I do notice both my Paladin and Shaman have higher DPS totals on the MQ display compared to the DPSAdv display. Is this because spell damage is missing on the DPSAdv?

Redbot updated MQ2DPSAdv with a new update entry:

8/22/2020

Fix naming collision where a non-PC having the same name as a PC would crash
Add HistoryLimit setting to the ini which allows you to specify how many mobs for which to keep a DPS history.
This should help in those times where running the plugin for long periods of time eventually slows down or
crashes. The default is 25.
Add /dps limit command to set the history limit for that character

Read the rest of this update entry...

Redbot updated MQ2DPSAdv with a new update entry:

UI Changes and Crash Fixes

• Further cleans up MQ2DPSAdv (type setting, etc) where I noticed it while looking for the other crashes
  • Adds some future TODOs for other items I noticed
  • Adds UI option for History Limit (thank you Sic for pointing out my failures)
  • Fixes the ini setting of History Limit to 1 (sorry, you'll have to fix that yourself)
  • Fixes a previous crash that I made happen a lot more frequently (dangling pointer)

Read the rest of this update entry...

This has stopped working for me with today's update. Nothing shows in any of my dpsadv windows. The window looks just like it did before, but nothing is added to it.

re-run the patcher (might have to reinstall latest update) - the correct xml was added to the zip about an hour ago

re-run the patcher (might have to reinstall latest update) - the correct xml was added to the zip about an hour ago

SIC, can you help us further on this? I only see as latest version.. how is Robban seeing a newer version ?

1600634984086.png

What XML file are we looking for? I seem to be crashing since I updated on 1 account.

How can I get rid of MQ2DPSAdv ?
I wiped ... again at seeking the Sorcerer, as in 1 of 2 attempts either the Tank or the Healer gets an client crash right after first fight starts. After the last patch, It felt a little better, but today at first attempt my Tank crashet not mkore than 5 seconds into the fight.
After I had recovered the crew at Horasug, I used "/Plugin mq2dpsadv unload" on all accounts to unload the plugin. On all accounts I got the Message of a successful unload.
Than I zoned into the ini. On all accounts the dps-window showed up again. A second time I used "/Plugin mq2dpsadv unload" on all accounts to unload the plugin. Again on all accounts I got the message of successful unload, which leads me to the conclusion, that the plugin somehow had been loaded while zoning.

Nevertheless during the fight, the dps-windows showed up again, but atleast without causing new trouble.

If this plugin would work in a decent manner I would love it.

Even when its working at its best (on my 3 years old I7-System) atleast once an our I have to /reloadui as, while its running its slowing down the UI-refresh. usually already after a view minutes, at the pullers screen I cant reply to any questions in group or guild, as the refresh of all windows ist slowed down in a manner, that only some lines are shown orelse they are completely blank. After a while,maby 60 Minutes ish, lags start to increase. That's the point when I usually use the hotbutton for /reloadui, as at this points no text aion any of the windows is shown, including the mq2 window. The Accounts which are most of the time "in front" (have the focus) are those, where the "whiteout" of all windows progresses much faster, than in the dps-accounts which are seldom on focus. This gives me the impresssion, that the plugin at the account at front keeps consuming ressoruces while in front.

Unless there isn't a version which doesn't cause problems, I would like to know, what I shall do to be shure it isn't loaded anymore.

Til today I thought a "/plugin xxx unload" is all what's needed, to unload and deactivate a plugin.

I am also getting crashes involving mq2dpsadv, and have been since the update. I updated again yesterday, but what I am gathering is that something else was changed? So, I need to redownload?

How can I get rid ofMQ2DPSAdv ?
I wiped ... again at seeking the Sorcerer, as in 1 of 2 attempts either the Tank or the Healer gets an client crash right after first fight starts. After the last patch, It felt a little better, but today at first attempt my Tank crashet not mkore than 5 seconds into the fight.
After I had recovered the crew at Horasug, I used "/Plugin mq2dpsadv unload" on all accounts to unload the plugin. On all accounts I got the Message of a successful unload.
Than I zoned into the ini. On all accounts the dps-window showed up again. A second time I used "/Plugin mq2dpsadv unload" on all accounts to unload the plugin. Again on all accounts I got the message of successful unload, which leads me to the conclusion, that the plugin somehow had been loaded while zoning.

Nevertheless during the fight, the dps-windows showed up again, but atleast without causing new trouble.

If this plugin would work in a decent manner I would love it.

Even when its working at its best (on my 3 years old I7-System) atleast once an our I have to /reloadui as, while its running its slowing down the UI-refresh. usually already after a view minutes, at the pullers screen I cant reply to any questions in group or guild, as the refresh of all windows ist slowed down in a manner, that only some lines are shown orelse they are completely blank. After a while,maby 60 Minutes ish, lags start to increase. That's the point when I usually use the hotbutton for /reloadui, as at this points no text aion any of the windows is shown, including the mq2 window. The Accounts which are most of the time "in front" (have the focus) are those, where the "whiteout" of all windows progresses much faster, than in the dps-accounts which are seldom on focus. This gives me the impresssion, that the plugin at the account at front keeps consuming ressoruces while in front.

Unless there isn't a version which doesn't cause problems, I would like to know, what I shall do to be shure it isn't loaded anymore.

Til today I thought a "/plugin xxx unload" is all what's needed, to unload and deactivate a plugin.

/bcaa //plugin mq2dpsadv unload

To get totally rid of this one: Delete these two items in release folder

1600699762078.png

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back